Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bishop sit on the stairs in front of Tarwater?
2. What does Tarwater say is "better than the Bread of Life"?
3. What name does Tarwater scratch off of the card Rayber fills out at the hotel?
4. When Tarwater gets dressed in the woods, what happens?
5. Why does Rayber let Tarwater take Bishop out on the boat?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Rayber and Tarwater in terms of their religious beliefs, feelings and histories.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the motif of death in "The Violent Bear It Away". What does each death represent and reflect? How are characters described through death? How does death drive this novel?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the relationship between Mason and Tarwater. Consider Mason's influence on Tarwater, Tarwater's acceptance/resistance toward Mason, and how this relationship drives Tarwater's actions/the plot of the novel.
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)