Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bishop sit on the stairs in front of Tarwater?
2. What does Tarwater say is "better than the Bread of Life"?
3. What name does Tarwater scratch off of the card Rayber fills out at the hotel?
4. When Tarwater gets dressed in the woods, what happens?
5. Why does Rayber let Tarwater take Bishop out on the boat?
Essay Topic 1
Violence and religion converge at many points during this novel. Describe three such times and what is symbolic about the event, how it impacts the characters involved and shapes the rest of the novel. Take time to consider why violence and religion often meet.
Essay Topic 2
The adults in this book, Mason and Rayber, try to save the children, Tarwater and Bishop. Compare what saving means to the adults, how they try to save and what ultimately happens. What does all of this reveal about Rayber and Mason?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the relationship between Mason and Tarwater. Consider Mason's influence on Tarwater, Tarwater's acceptance/resistance toward Mason, and how this relationship drives Tarwater's actions/the plot of the novel.
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)