|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the driver of the car offer Tarwater?
(a) A place to stay.
(b) Ten dollars.
(c) A cigarette.
2. Why does Rayber know that Tarwater will always return to him?
(a) Because Tarwater has no place to go.
(b) Because they are related.
(c) Because of Bishop.
(d) Because Tarwater wants help.
3. What two feelings does Rayber have for Tarwater as they go on their fishing trip?
(a) Compassion and fury.
(b) Hatred and fear.
(c) Love and scorn.
(d) Misery and anger.
4. What does the car look like that stops for Tarwater?
(a) It is lavender and cream colored.
(b) It has an extra tire on the back.
(c) It is all black.
(d) It is shorter than most cars.
5. What does Rayber define as the great dignity of man?
(a) Resisting the pressure.
(b) Being born once.
(c) Being born twice.
(d) Seeing the light.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bishop run to when he jumps out of the car in Powderhead?
2. What does Bishop do when he sees the fountain at the park?
3. Who does Tarwater see at the gas station?
4. What does Tarwater do with the hand Bishop tried to touch in the hotel lobby?
5. When Tarwater and Bishop are gone, what does Rayber realize about his relationship with Tarwater?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)