|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tarwater request from the child standing in front of the Negro's shack?
(a) Some food.
(b) Some water.
(c) A bible.
(d) Some money.
2. Where does Bishop run to when he jumps out of the car in Powderhead?
(a) The lake.
(b) Mason's cabin.
(c) The blackberry bushes.
(d) The mule farm.
3. What does the receptionist observe about Rayber?
(a) He has a new haircut.
(b) He has two different colored socks.
(c) His pants have holes in them.
(d) His tie is crooked.
4. When Tarwater gets dressed in the woods, what happens?
(a) He falls over.
(b) Someone is watching him.
(c) Half of his clothes are on backwards.
(d) He passes out again.
5. Where did Rayber's wife, Bernice, go when she left him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tarwater say is "better than the Bread of Life"?
2. Why does Bishop jump off of Tarwater's bed at the end of chapter 8?
3. What does Tarwater keep telling himself while walking?
4. What does the city park remind Rayber of?
5. What does Rayber check in Tarwater's overalls?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)