|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rayber see where Mason's cabin used to be?
(a) A pile of bones.
(b) Nothing but dust.
(c) Two chimneys and black rubble.
(d) A door frame and ashes.
2. What does Rayber define as the great dignity of man?
(a) Being born twice.
(b) Resisting the pressure.
(c) Seeing the light.
(d) Being born once.
3. What does Tarwater realize he is holding during his ride to Powderhead?
(a) A stack of money.
(b) Bishop's hat.
(c) The driver's hand.
(d) The driver's sandwich.
4. Who thinks to himself, "I must have infinite patience"?
5. What happens when Tarwater tries to eat while walking?
(a) He is robbed.
(b) He drops the food.
(c) He can't eat enough.
(d) His stomach rejects it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says they won't see a sane person until they get to Detroit?
2. What does the car look like that stops for Tarwater?
3. What does Bishop do when he sees the fountain at the park?
4. Why does Bishop jump off of Tarwater's bed at the end of chapter 8?
5. Rayber says that Bishop did what to his pain?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)