|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rayber see where Mason's cabin used to be?
(a) A door frame and ashes.
(b) Nothing but dust.
(c) Two chimneys and black rubble.
(d) A pile of bones.
2. How does Tarwater describe Bishop's drowning?
(a) As being a mistake.
(b) As being less important than the baptism.
(c) As being his job.
(d) As being more important than the baptism.
3. Why does Rayber hold Bishop in his lap at the park?
(a) To wait for Tarwater.
(b) To keep him quiet.
(c) To get a hug.
(d) To tie his shoe.
4. Who says they won't see a sane person until they get to Detroit?
(a) The truck driver.
5. How do Tarwater's eyes look when he hitches a ride?
(a) Wide open.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the stranger's voice tell Tarwater will happen if he performs a baptism?
2. Who thinks to himself, "I must have infinite patience"?
3. Why does Rayber know that Tarwater will always return to him?
4. Who says they are "going on about (their) bidnis"?
5. Why does Rayber let Tarwater take Bishop out on the boat?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)