|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rayber realize about Tarwater as he looks into the pool of water?
(a) That he cannot understand him.
(b) That he cannot save him.
(c) That he cannot reason with him.
(d) That he cannot keep him in his house.
2. When Tarwater sees Bishop in the water fountain, what does Bishop's face remind him of?
(a) A mirror.
(b) A lion.
(c) A fool.
(d) A baby.
3. How do Tarwater's eyes look when he hitches a ride?
(c) Wide open.
4. Why does Tarwater say he is different than Rayber?
(a) Tarwater says he is able to act.
(b) Tarwater says he thinks better.
(c) Tarwater says he loves.
(d) Tarwater says he is a man.
5. Why does Bishop jump off of Tarwater's bed at the end of chapter 8?
(a) He says he wants ice cream.
(b) Rayber asks him to go for a ride.
(c) He actually falls off the bed.
(d) Tarwater tries to hit him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rayber offer Tarwater his glass of water at the hotel restaurant?
2. What does the car look like that stops for Tarwater?
3. When Tarwater and Bishop are gone, what does Rayber realize about his relationship with Tarwater?
4. What happens when Tarwater takes Bishop on the boat?
5. When Tarwater gets dressed in the woods, what happens?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)