|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rayber offer Tarwater his glass of water at the hotel restaurant?
(a) To make peace.
(b) Because he is thirsty.
(c) To make sure Tarwater didn't try to poison him.
(d) To baptize Bishop with.
2. What does Rayber say always "irks" him?
(a) When people call him "sugerpie".
(b) When Tarwater disobeys.
(c) When people stare at Bishop.
(d) When people assume things.
3. What does the stranger's voice tell Tarwater will happen if he performs a baptism?
(a) He may do it wrong.
(b) He will see the light.
(c) People may treat him like a prophet.
(d) He will have to keep performing them.
4. After leaving the gas station, what does Tarwater hunger for in addition to food and drink?
5. Why does Rayber hold Bishop in his lap at the park?
(a) To get a hug.
(b) To keep him quiet.
(c) To tie his shoe.
(d) To wait for Tarwater.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rayber let Tarwater take Bishop out on the boat?
2. What did Bishop do with his hat when he was on the boat with Tarwater?
3. What does the driver of the car offer Tarwater?
4. What does Rayber hear when he turns on his hearing aid the night Tarwater takes Bishop on the boat?
5. What does Bishop try to do during the ride to the lake?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)