|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tarwater keep telling himself while walking?
(a) That he will be alone forever.
(b) That he is right, everyone else is wrong.
(c) That he isn't hungry.
(d) That he will soon be home.
2. How does Tarwater describe Rayber's hearing aid?
(a) He says Rayber is a robot.
(b) He says Rayber can read minds.
(c) He says Rayber is incomplete.
(d) He says Rayber relies on it too much.
3. What does Tarwater say the only reason for him to leave Powderhead is?
(a) To prove he isn't a prophet.
(b) To visit Rayber.
(c) To free himself from the woods.
(d) To baptize the people of the city.
4. Why does Bishop jump off of Tarwater's bed at the end of chapter 8?
(a) He says he wants ice cream.
(b) He actually falls off the bed.
(c) Rayber asks him to go for a ride.
(d) Tarwater tries to hit him.
5. What does Rayber say always "irks" him?
(a) When Tarwater disobeys.
(b) When people assume things.
(c) When people call him "sugerpie".
(d) When people stare at Bishop.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bishop sit on the stairs in front of Tarwater?
2. Who thinks to himself, "I must have infinite patience"?
3. What happens when Tarwater takes Bishop on the boat?
4. What does Tarwater believe happened to Mason's "fancies" and "madness"?
5. When Tarwater gets dressed in the woods, what happens?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)