|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says they won't see a sane person until they get to Detroit?
(b) The truck driver.
2. What does Tarwater ask to buy at the gas station?
(c) A purple drink.
(d) Orange juice.
3. What does Rayber see where Mason's cabin used to be?
(a) Nothing but dust.
(b) A pile of bones.
(c) Two chimneys and black rubble.
(d) A door frame and ashes.
4. What does Tarwater's long face remind Rayber of?
(a) A knife blade.
(b) A foot without a shoe.
(c) A sharpened pencil.
(d) A root pulled from the ground.
5. What does Tarwater believe happened to Mason's "fancies" and "madness"?
(a) That it has taken over him.
(b) That it is part of the land.
(c) That it has been burned out of him.
(d) That he will serve it forever.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says they are "going on about (their) bidnis"?
2. Where do Rayber, Bishop and Tarwater stay during their fishing trip?
3. How does Tarwater describe Rayber's hearing aid?
4. What does Rayber think Tarwater is going to do to Bishop as they leave the restaurant?
5. What does the city park remind Rayber of?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)