|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What premonition does Rayber have when he fills out the card at the hotel?
(a) That the trip is doomed.
(b) That he will lose money.
(c) That Tarwater will be saved.
(d) That Bishop needs help.
2. Who says they won't see a sane person until they get to Detroit?
(b) The truck driver.
3. What does Tarwater do with the dirt off of Mason's grave?
(a) He stomps it flat.
(b) He kicks it.
(c) He smears it on his forehead.
(d) He throws it.
4. Who says, "It takes all kinds of women"?
(b) The receptionist.
(c) The mayor.
(d) The boat renter.
5. After leaving the gas station, what does Tarwater hunger for in addition to food and drink?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose presence does Tarwater feel at the park when Bishop jumps in the fountain?
2. What does Rayber think Tarwater is going to do to Bishop as they leave the restaurant?
3. Why does Rayber offer Tarwater his glass of water at the hotel restaurant?
4. What does the stranger's voice tell Tarwater to wait for?
5. Why does Rayber think a fishing trip is a good idea?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)