|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tarwater's long face remind Rayber of?
(a) A knife blade.
(b) A foot without a shoe.
(c) A sharpened pencil.
(d) A root pulled from the ground.
2. What name does Tarwater scratch off of the card Rayber fills out at the hotel?
3. What does the driver of the car offer Tarwater?
(a) Ten dollars.
(b) A cigarette.
(c) A place to stay.
4. Rayber says that Bishop did what to his pain?
(a) Started it, ended it, and started it again.
(b) Started it, limited it, and contained it.
(c) Increased it, magnified it, and hid it.
(d) Trapped it, released it, and made it obvious to strangers.
5. What does the stranger's voice tell Tarwater will happen if he performs a baptism?
(a) He may do it wrong.
(b) He will see the light.
(c) People may treat him like a prophet.
(d) He will have to keep performing them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rayber feel he had ruined his plan in chapter 9?
2. What does Tarwater think his destiny is forcing him on to?
3. Who said, "You don't even know what makes you do the things you do"?
4. What does Tarwater say is "better than the Bread of Life"?
5. Why does Tarwater say he was a fool?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)