|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tarwater do to the forked tree by the burned cabin?
(a) He burns it.
(b) He chops it down.
(c) He carves his name in it.
(d) He climbs it.
2. Why does Rayber let Tarwater take Bishop out on the boat?
(a) He wants Tarwater to fail.
(b) He wants a half hour alone.
(c) He wants Bishop to learn.
(d) He wants to try reverse psychology.
3. Where do Rayber, Bishop and Tarwater stay during their fishing trip?
(a) The Cherokee Lodge.
(b) The Big Inn.
(c) The Dakota Hotel.
(d) The Summer Lodge.
4. What does the car look like that stops for Tarwater?
(a) It is all black.
(b) It is lavender and cream colored.
(c) It is shorter than most cars.
(d) It has an extra tire on the back.
5. What did Bernice want to happen to Bishop?
(a) She wanted Rayber to raise Bishop alone.
(b) She wanted to raise Bishop alone.
(c) She wanted Bishop to be put up for adoption.
(d) She wanted Bishop put in an institution.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tarwater say when Rayber asks, "You'll look after him?"
2. Why does Rayber feel he had ruined his plan in chapter 9?
3. What does the man who picks Tarwater up say he needs in exchange for the ride?
4. What does Tarwater eat for lunch before fishing?
5. What does Tarwater's long face remind Rayber of?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)