|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two feelings does Rayber have for Tarwater as they go on their fishing trip?
(a) Love and scorn.
(b) Compassion and fury.
(c) Hatred and fear.
(d) Misery and anger.
2. What does Tarwater say the only reason for him to leave Powderhead is?
(a) To baptize the people of the city.
(b) To prove he isn't a prophet.
(c) To free himself from the woods.
(d) To visit Rayber.
3. When Rayber was in the newspaper, what did the caption say?
(a) Man runs for mayor.
(b) Overjoyed father sees son revived.
(c) Man loses son at the beach.
(d) Overjoyed father finds missing son.
4. What does Tarwater write on the check-in card at the hotel?
(a) Not having fun.
(b) Praise the Lord.
(c) Not his son.
(d) Hate the child.
5. What trip does Rayber have planned next for Tarwater?
(a) No trip, he is sending Tarwater back to Powderhead.
(b) The Natural History Museum.
(c) A plane ride.
(d) A train ride.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Tarwater see at the gas station?
2. What does Tarwater say he would baptize as soon as Bishop?
3. What does Tarwater realize he is holding during his ride to Powderhead?
4. What does Tarwater keep telling himself while walking?
5. Who picks Tarwater up at the side of the road?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)