|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After four days with Tarwater, how does the schoolteacher feel?
(a) He feels excited.
(b) He feels determined.
(c) He feels unsure.
(d) He feels exhausted.
2. What does Tarwater say about burying Mason?
(a) Mason did not leave instructions.
(b) Mason's coffin broke.
(c) Mason was too big to bury.
(d) Mason wanted too fancy of a grave.
3. Who buries Mason Tarwater?
(a) Buford Munson.
(b) Bernice Bishop.
(c) The schoolteacher.
(d) Francis Marion.
4. What does Meeks do for a living?
(a) Copper flue salesman.
(c) Phonebook salesman.
5. Where was Mason kept for four years?
(a) The woods.
(b) A church.
(c) A college.
(d) An asylum.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Lucette's mother travel to China and Africa?
2. What does Mason Tarwater do for a living?
3. The stranger's voice tells Tarwater to go where?
4. What does Mason want at the head of his grave?
5. What does Tarwater do with Buford's jug?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tarwater respond when the woman at the hotel tells him to not do the devil's work at the hotel?
2. During the fishing trip what does Rayber say he does and does not have the guts for?
3. How does Rayber define "another child exploited"?
4. What does Tarwater do when he has a hard time thinking of what to say to the woman at the gas station?
5. What becomes apparent to Tarwater after the death of Mason?
6. Why does Rayber follow Tarwater quietly when he leaves the house?
7. Why does Rayber advise Tarwater to avoid extremes?
8. How does Tarwater respond when the truck driver says he better not be sick?
9. Why does Tarwater eat so much at lunch before fishing?
10. What does Tarwater do when Bishop sits on the stairs in front of him at the hotel?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)