|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tarwater confuse the city lights with?
2. What does Tarwater think about Mason's property after Mason's death?
(a) He thinks about renting the place.
(b) He thinks about the changes he can make.
(c) He thinks about selling the place.
(d) He thinks about how to pay the taxes.
3. Who said that their parents did not teach them anything, except "not to wet the bed"?
(d) The schoolteacher.
4. What does Rayber call the aptitude test?
(b) Too hard for Tarwater.
(c) A measure of ability.
(d) A game.
5. How does Tarwater prove to Meeks that the schoolteacher lives in town?
(a) He has him pull over to ask someone.
(b) He makes him drive to his house.
(c) He finds him in a phonebook.
(d) He doesn't convince him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tarwater do to the shack the night Mason dies?
2. After four days with Tarwater, how does the schoolteacher feel?
3. What does Meeks think of Tarwater after driving for only a short while?
4. When does Meeks tell Tarwater to contact him?
5. Whose head was Mason "tied hand and foot inside"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Tarwater start walking toward Powderhead?
2. When Tarwater looks at the burned remains of the cabin, what does he think?
3. When Mason tells Tarwater about his kidnapping, what does he say about the schoolteacher?
4. Why does Tarwater drink the moonshine he was getting for Buford?
5. What does Bishop look like the first time Tarwater sees him?
6. How does Meeks say man can get ahead?
7. What does Rayber say Mason did to Tarwater?
8. In chapter 9 when Rayber watches Tarwater interact with Bishop in the bedroom why does Rayber admit to being jealous?
9. What is Rayber's plan for Tarwater on the fishing trip?
10. What is the sign of returning health that Rayber wants to see in Tarwater?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)