|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What about Tarwater makes fury rise in Rayber?
(a) The way he follows him around the house.
(b) The way he eats.
(c) The way he is independent.
(d) The way he does not care about the new clothes.
2. What feature was Tarwater unable to recall about the schoolteacher's face?
(a) His nose.
(b) His jaw.
(c) His eyes.
(d) His mouth.
3. After four days with Tarwater, how does the schoolteacher feel?
(a) He feels excited.
(b) He feels unsure.
(c) He feels exhausted.
(d) He feels determined.
4. What does Mason Tarwater do for a living?
(b) Sells moonshine.
(d) Shines shoes.
5. Who is Tarwater's uncle?
(b) The schoolteacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the schoolteacher describe as "coming out of darkness into light"?
2. What does the banner say on the building Rayber thinks Tarwater went into late at night?
3. Who said that their parents did not teach them anything, except "not to wet the bed"?
4. Why does Tarwater drop the knocker at the schoolteacher's house?
5. Who buries Mason Tarwater?
Short Essay Questions
1. What becomes apparent to Tarwater after the death of Mason?
2. What does Rayber say Mason did to Tarwater?
3. What makes Bishop cry when he is dining at the hotel with Tarwater and Rayber?
4. Why does Tarwater balk at Mason's directions for burying him?
5. What does Tarwater tell the truck driver who asks him why his pants are wet?
6. What things does Mason teach Tarwater?
7. Why does Tarwater eat so much at lunch before fishing?
8. What is Rayber's plan for Tarwater on the fishing trip?
9. What does the stranger's voice tell Tarwater about burying Mason?
10. Why does Buford come to Mason's shack in the beginning of chapter 1?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)