|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Rayber is watching Lucette's parents, who does he keep envisioning?
(b) The devil.
(d) His father.
2. Who will inherit Mason's land?
(b) No one.
(c) The schoolteacher.
3. What was the one time Mason decided to stop prophesying?
(a) When he was in the asylum.
(b) When he turned thirty.
(c) When he was an old man.
(d) When he was at the schoolteacher's house.
4. Where does Bishop go to school?
(a) He is homeschooled.
(b) A school for exceptional children.
(c) He does not go to school.
(d) A school in the next town.
5. What type of boy does Mason say Tarwater is?
(a) The type the devil is always going to try to assist.
(b) The type that people will take advantage of.
(c) The type that won't understand until it's too late.
(d) The type that women will ignore.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tarwater compare Mason's dead eyes to?
2. Who said that their parents did not teach them anything, except "not to wet the bed"?
3. What does Lucette say is coming?
4. What does Mason say will burn a prophet?
5. Who does Tarwater hitch a ride into town with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What memory of Powderhead makes Rayber's heart expand unbelievably?
2. What condition is Tarwater in when he wakes up in the woods?
3. What things does Mason teach Tarwater?
4. What becomes apparent to Tarwater after the death of Mason?
5. Why does Rayber say that Tarwater is his son also when they check in to the hotel?
6. Why is Tarwater concerned for his own soul while burying Mason?
7. What makes Bishop cry when he is dining at the hotel with Tarwater and Rayber?
8. How is it obvious that Tarwater is unfamiliar with telephones?
9. When Tarwater is digging the grave for Mason, what does he think of Rayber?
10. How does Rayber define "another child exploited"?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)