|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing Tarwater says to the schoolteacher?
(a) That he needs to see Bishop.
(b) That he needs money.
(c) That God sent him there.
(d) That Mason is dead.
2. When does Meeks tell Tarwater to contact him?
(a) If he can't stay with his uncle.
(b) If he gets hungry by next week.
(c) In a month.
(d) In two days.
3. What does Tarwater know as soon as he sees Bishop?
(a) That he has to baptize him.
(b) That he needs a bath.
(c) That the schoolteacher has been beating him.
(d) That he needs to kidnap him.
4. What about Tarwater makes fury rise in Rayber?
(a) The way he does not care about the new clothes.
(b) The way he is independent.
(c) The way he follows him around the house.
(d) The way he eats.
5. What does Tarwater confuse the city lights with?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Mason convince to get a job in his sister's house?
2. What does Tarwater compare Bishop to when they go to the Italian restaurant?
3. Where was Mason kept for four years?
4. How does Tarwater prove to Meeks that the schoolteacher lives in town?
5. How did Mason describe the schoolteacher's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the sign of returning health that Rayber wants to see in Tarwater?
2. What becomes apparent to Tarwater after the death of Mason?
3. When Mason tells Tarwater about his kidnapping, what does he say about the schoolteacher?
4. How does Rayber define "another child exploited"?
5. At the end of the novel, what does Tarwater discover about Mason's body?
6. What does the schoolteacher do when he first hears that Mason is dead?
7. How does Tarwater respond when the truck driver says he better not be sick?
8. Why does Rayber decide to go to Powderhead with Bishop?
9. Why does Rayber say that Tarwater is his son also when they check in to the hotel?
10. Why does the stranger's voice tell Tarwater that hunger does not count as a sign?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)