|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tarwater do with the books, clothing, and other items the schoolteacher bought for him?
(a) Tarwater hides them.
(b) Tarwater sells them.
(c) Tarwater ignores them.
(d) Tarwater says thank you.
2. Who said, "A dead man is not going to do you any good"?
3. What does Mason tell Tarwater a benefit of living in the woods is?
(a) Tarwater doesn't have to buy food.
(b) Tarwater gets to learn outdoorsman skills.
(c) Tarwater doesn't have to go to school.
(d) Tarwater gets his own chicken.
4. Where does Bishop go to school?
(a) He is homeschooled.
(b) A school for exceptional children.
(c) A school in the next town.
(d) He does not go to school.
5. What does Lucette say is coming?
(a) My Word.
(b) My Lord.
(d) The end of the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mason describe the end of the world?
2. What does Mason say will burn a prophet?
3. What does Tarwater say about the teachings of Mason?
4. Whose voice is the stranger's?
5. What does Mason tell Tarwater about his place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the sign of returning health that Rayber wants to see in Tarwater?
2. Why does Rayber suddenly duck his head and hide when he is watching Lucette?
3. What things does Mason teach Tarwater?
4. When Tarwater looks at the burned remains of the cabin, what does he think?
5. What does the driver of the car do when he realizes Tarwater is passed out?
6. What is Rayber's plan for Tarwater on the fishing trip?
7. Why does Tarwater balk at Mason's directions for burying him?
8. Why does Tarwater drink the moonshine he was getting for Buford?
9. What condition is Tarwater in when he wakes up in the woods?
10. Why does Tarwater keep taking out a scrap piece of paper and pencil at the Italian restaurant?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)