|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Mason kept for four years?
(a) A church.
(b) The woods.
(c) An asylum.
(d) A college.
2. Why does Rayber think Tarwater is headed into town the night he leaves the house?
(a) To have a drink.
(b) To meet with friends.
(c) To see something that interested him.
(d) To go to church.
3. What does Meeks think of Tarwater after driving for only a short while?
(a) That he is a runaway.
(b) That he has a good business idea.
(c) That he is related.
(d) That he is just trying to sell him something.
4. Who does the schoolteacher marry?
(b) A schoolteacher.
(c) A bishop.
5. What does the schoolteacher first think when Tarwater shows up at his house?
(a) That it is a trick.
(b) That he is in trouble.
(c) That he has won.
(d) That he is selling something.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tarwater do when Mason dies?
2. What does Tarwater say about burying Mason?
3. What does Tarwater want to make clear to Rayber, the "schoolteacher", the morning he goes to his house?
4. Who will inherit Mason's land?
5. How did Mason describe Tarwater's sister?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Meeks asks what line of work Tarwater will get into, what does he say?
2. What is the sign of returning health that Rayber wants to see in Tarwater?
3. Why does Rayber suddenly duck his head and hide when he is watching Lucette?
4. What happens when Tarwater drinks water from the pump near the Negro shack?
5. Why does the stranger's voice tell Tarwater that hunger does not count as a sign?
6. Why does Mason try to kidnap Bishop?
7. How does Tarwater respond when the truck driver says he better not be sick?
8. What makes Bishop cry when he is dining at the hotel with Tarwater and Rayber?
9. Why does the schoolteacher leave his hearing aid on at night?
10. In chapter 9 when Rayber watches Tarwater interact with Bishop in the bedroom why does Rayber admit to being jealous?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)