|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Meeks do for a living?
(a) Copper flue salesman.
(c) Phonebook salesman.
2. What does the banner say on the building Rayber thinks Tarwater went into late at night?
(a) "Unless ye be born again."
(b) "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."
(c) "The time has come."
(d) "Pray ye, for all."
3. Who does Tarwater hitch a ride into town with?
(a) A newspaper salesman.
4. What window does Tarwater stop in front of to look in?
(a) The petstore.
(b) The bakery.
(c) The cleaners.
(d) The toystore.
5. What does Tarwater do when Mason dies?
(a) Asks a neighbor for help.
(b) Goes into the woods.
(c) Calls the police.
(d) Finishes his breakfast.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mason die?
2. As Meeks drives with Tarwater, what does he consider doing with Tarwater?
3. What does Rayber do as soon as he and Tarwater return home from the church?
4. What does Mason tell Tarwater about his place?
5. Who will inherit Mason's land?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Tarwater eat so much at lunch before fishing?
2. How does Mason feel Rayber insulted him?
3. What condition is Tarwater in when he wakes up in the woods?
4. What memory of Powderhead makes Rayber's heart expand unbelievably?
5. During the fishing trip what does Rayber say he does and does not have the guts for?
6. What does Tarwater do when he has a hard time thinking of what to say to the woman at the gas station?
7. What does Bishop look like the first time Tarwater sees him?
8. How does Tarwater respond when the truck driver says he better not be sick?
9. Why does the stranger's voice tell Tarwater that hunger does not count as a sign?
10. When Tarwater is digging the grave for Mason, what does he think of Rayber?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)