|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Tarwater smile like?
(c) The schoolteacher.
2. What does Tarwater do when he and Rayber return home from the church?
(a) He refuses to come inside.
(b) He says he wants to eat.
(c) He goes directly to bed.
(d) He stands outside the door for a moment.
3. Where was Mason kept for four years?
(a) The woods.
(b) An asylum.
(c) A church.
(d) A college.
4. What was the one time Mason decided to stop prophesying?
(a) When he was at the schoolteacher's house.
(b) When he was an old man.
(c) When he was in the asylum.
(d) When he turned thirty.
5. What small town does this story begin in?
Short Answer Questions
1. What window does Tarwater stop in front of to look in?
2. Who says they are free?
3. What does Tarwater do with the books, clothing, and other items the schoolteacher bought for him?
4. What is part of a "simple equation that required no further solution"?
5. According to the schoolteacher, what is the only thing Bishop can do?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the end of chapter 6, how does Rayber feel about Tarwater?
2. What becomes apparent to Tarwater after the death of Mason?
3. Why does Rayber bring Tarwater breakfast in bed?
4. In the beginning of chapter 3, why does Tarwater not look at the sky?
5. What is Rayber's plan for Tarwater on the fishing trip?
6. Why does Rayber follow Tarwater quietly when he leaves the house?
7. Why does the stranger's voice tell Tarwater that hunger does not count as a sign?
8. Why does Rayber feel he can read Tarwater like a book?
9. What is Rayber reminded of when he holds Bishop to tie his shoe?
10. How does Rayber describe the windows of the building Lucette preaches in?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)