|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Tarwater's uncle?
(a) The schoolteacher.
2. Where was Mason kept for four years?
(a) A church.
(b) The woods.
(c) An asylum.
(d) A college.
3. What does Meeks do for a living?
(a) Phonebook salesman.
(b) Copper flue salesman.
4. Who thought that everything was a "false alarm"?
5. What does Tarwater do to the shack the night Mason dies?
(a) Tears it down.
(b) Sets fire to it.
(c) Builds an addition.
(d) Sells it cheaply.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the schoolteacher, what is the only thing Bishop can do?
2. What does Tarwater do when Bishop tries to touch him?
3. What does Tarwater confuse the city lights with?
4. What does Tarwater know as soon as he sees Bishop?
5. Who says they won't get used to Tarwater?
Short Essay Questions
1. What memory of Powderhead makes Rayber's heart expand unbelievably?
2. During the fishing trip what does Rayber say he does and does not have the guts for?
3. Why does Tarwater drink the moonshine he was getting for Buford?
4. At the end of the novel, what does Tarwater discover about Mason's body?
5. How is it obvious that Tarwater is unfamiliar with telephones?
6. How does Meeks say man can get ahead?
7. In chapter 9 when Rayber watches Tarwater interact with Bishop in the bedroom why does Rayber admit to being jealous?
8. In the beginning of chapter 3, why does Tarwater not look at the sky?
9. Why is Tarwater concerned for his own soul while burying Mason?
10. Why does Tarwater balk at Mason's directions for burying him?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)