|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the schoolteacher, what is the only thing Bishop can do?
2. What does Lucette say is coming?
(a) My Lord.
(c) The end of the world.
(d) My Word.
3. When Rayber is watching Lucette's parents, who does he keep envisioning?
(a) His father.
(d) The devil.
4. Why does Tarwater drop the knocker at the schoolteacher's house?
(a) It looks like the devil.
(b) It is cold.
(c) He doesn't want to visit.
(d) It breaks.
5. Who takes the form of the devil in chapter 2?
(c) The schoolteacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tarwater do with the books, clothing, and other items the schoolteacher bought for him?
2. What does Tarwater do when he and Rayber return home from the church?
3. What does Lucette wear?
4. What does Mason want at the head of his grave?
5. What does Tarwater say about burying Mason?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Tarwater start walking toward Powderhead?
2. Why does Tarwater turn down Meeks' offer to drop him off at Rayber's?
3. What is Rayber reminded of when he holds Bishop to tie his shoe?
4. What happens when Tarwater drinks water from the pump near the Negro shack?
5. What does the stranger's voice tell Tarwater about burying Mason?
6. Why does Rayber advise Tarwater to avoid extremes?
7. What does Bishop look like the first time Tarwater sees him?
8. When Tarwater is digging the grave for Mason, what does he think of Rayber?
9. What is the sign of returning health that Rayber wants to see in Tarwater?
10. What is Rayber's plan for Tarwater on the fishing trip?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)