Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says they are "just now waking up"?
2. What does Lucette wear?
(a) A black jacket.
(b) A man's jacket and tie.
(c) A cape and a skirt.
(d) A long white dress.
3. What does Tarwater do to the shack the night Mason dies?
(a) Tears it down.
(b) Sets fire to it.
(c) Builds an addition.
(d) Sells it cheaply.
4. Why did Lucette's mother travel to China and Africa?
(a) Because she was trying to adopt a child.
(b) Because she was rich.
(c) Because she was a missionary.
(d) Because she took a year off from work.
5. What reason does Mason give for his finding a lover for Tarwater's mother?
(a) To get her to move away.
(b) To get her a child.
(c) To earn money.
(d) To raise her self-confidence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rayber have a hard time walking around the town?
2. Why does the schoolteacher use the help of a welfare office worker?
3. Who will inherit Mason's land?
4. What is the first thing Tarwater says to the schoolteacher?
5. Who takes the form of the devil in chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is it obvious that Tarwater is unfamiliar with telephones?
2. What does Meeks say about the law of work and the law of love?
3. What is the sign of returning health that Rayber wants to see in Tarwater?
4. What two histories does Tarwater say he knows "completely"?
5. Why does the schoolteacher leave his hearing aid on at night?
6. When Meeks asks what line of work Tarwater will get into, what does he say?
7. What does Rayber say Mason did to Tarwater?
8. How does Mason feel Rayber insulted him?
9. Why does Tarwater keep taking out a scrap piece of paper and pencil at the Italian restaurant?
10. Why does Buford come to Mason's shack in the beginning of chapter 1?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)