|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mason die?
(a) On his front porch.
(b) In bed.
(c) At the breakfast table.
(d) In church.
2. Who buries Mason Tarwater?
(a) Bernice Bishop.
(b) The schoolteacher.
(c) Francis Marion.
(d) Buford Munson.
3. What does Meeks do for a living?
(c) Phonebook salesman.
(d) Copper flue salesman.
4. What does Tarwater do when Bishop tries to touch him?
(a) Tarwater takes a step back.
(b) Tarwater reaches out his own hand.
(c) Tarwater runs away.
(d) Tarwater smacks Bishops hand.
5. How did Mason describe Tarwater's sister?
(a) He called her a lost cause.
(b) He called her beautiful.
(c) He called her his favorite.
(d) He called her a dirty name.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rayber leave his house at the end of chapter 4?
2. What does Tarwater compare Mason's dead eyes to?
3. Why does Tarwater say he went to the church?
4. What does Tarwater say about burying Mason?
5. What does Mason tell Tarwater a benefit of living in the woods is?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Tarwater drink the moonshine he was getting for Buford?
2. When Tarwater looks at the burned remains of the cabin, what does he think?
3. What does Bishop look like the first time Tarwater sees him?
4. Why is Tarwater concerned for his own soul while burying Mason?
5. In the beginning of chapter 3, why does Tarwater not look at the sky?
6. What does Tarwater do when he has a hard time thinking of what to say to the woman at the gas station?
7. When Mason tells Tarwater about his kidnapping, what does he say about the schoolteacher?
8. Why does Rayber suddenly duck his head and hide when he is watching Lucette?
9. At the end of chapter 6, how does Rayber feel about Tarwater?
10. Why does Rayber decide to go to Powderhead with Bishop?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)