|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who thought that everything was a "false alarm"?
2. What was the one time Mason decided to stop prophesying?
(a) When he was in the asylum.
(b) When he was at the schoolteacher's house.
(c) When he was an old man.
(d) When he turned thirty.
3. What does Tarwater compare Bishop to when they go to the Italian restaurant?
(a) A hog.
(b) A baby.
(c) A thief.
(d) A rat.
4. What does Tarwater do when Bishop tries to touch him?
(a) Tarwater takes a step back.
(b) Tarwater runs away.
(c) Tarwater reaches out his own hand.
(d) Tarwater smacks Bishops hand.
5. What reason does Mason give for his finding a lover for Tarwater's mother?
(a) To raise her self-confidence.
(b) To get her to move away.
(c) To earn money.
(d) To get her a child.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose voice is the stranger's?
2. What small town does this story begin in?
3. What does Mason Tarwater do for a living?
4. What does Tarwater think about Mason's property after Mason's death?
5. Who does Tarwater smile like?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the driver of the car do when he realizes Tarwater is passed out?
2. How does Tarwater respond when the truck driver says he better not be sick?
3. Why does Tarwater keep taking out a scrap piece of paper and pencil at the Italian restaurant?
4. Why does Tarwater drink the moonshine he was getting for Buford?
5. In the beginning of chapter 3, why does Tarwater not look at the sky?
6. At the end of chapter 6, how does Rayber feel about Tarwater?
7. What things does Mason teach Tarwater?
8. When Mason tells Tarwater about his kidnapping, what does he say about the schoolteacher?
9. Why does Rayber feel he can read Tarwater like a book?
10. What does the schoolteacher do when he first hears that Mason is dead?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)