|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Rayber is watching Lucette's parents, who does he keep envisioning?
(a) His father.
(c) The devil.
2. What does Tarwater do when Mason dies?
(a) Calls the police.
(b) Finishes his breakfast.
(c) Goes into the woods.
(d) Asks a neighbor for help.
3. What catches Tarwater's attention in the store window when he is walking with Rayber?
(a) A balloon.
(b) A gun.
(c) A red car.
(d) A gold watch.
4. Who did Mason convince to get a job in his sister's house?
(a) The schoolteacher.
(d) Luella Munson.
5. What does Tarwater say about the teachings of Mason?
(a) He says it will set him free.
(b) He says he knows better.
(c) He says he doesn't believe any of it.
(d) He says it's the only truth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tarwater do when Bishop tries to touch him?
2. What does Tarwater do to the shack the night Mason dies?
3. Who has a gash in their ear?
4. When does Meeks tell Tarwater to contact him?
5. Why does Rayber think Tarwater is headed into town the night he leaves the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tarwater respond when the woman at the hotel tells him to not do the devil's work at the hotel?
2. What is Rayber's plan for Tarwater on the fishing trip?
3. What becomes apparent to Tarwater after the death of Mason?
4. At the end of chapter 6, how does Rayber feel about Tarwater?
5. Why is Tarwater concerned for his own soul while burying Mason?
6. Why does Tarwater start walking toward Powderhead?
7. At the end of the novel, what does Tarwater discover about Mason's body?
8. What does Rayber say Mason did to Tarwater?
9. How does Tarwater respond when the truck driver says he better not be sick?
10. What does the stranger's voice tell Tarwater about burying Mason?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)