|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the schoolteacher use the help of a welfare office worker?
(a) To get Tarwater back.
(b) To get unemployment.
(c) To get child support.
(d) To find a new job.
2. Why does Rayber think Tarwater is headed into town the night he leaves the house?
(a) To go to church.
(b) To meet with friends.
(c) To have a drink.
(d) To see something that interested him.
3. Who has a gash in their ear?
(d) The schoolteacher.
4. What does Meeks do for a living?
(b) Copper flue salesman.
(d) Phonebook salesman.
5. What does Tarwater know as soon as he sees Bishop?
(a) That he has to baptize him.
(b) That he needs to kidnap him.
(c) That he needs a bath.
(d) That the schoolteacher has been beating him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Meeks say he graduated with?
2. How did Mason describe the schoolteacher's house?
3. How does Mason describe the end of the world?
4. What does Tarwater do when Mason dies?
5. What does Mason tell Tarwater about his place?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mason try to kidnap Bishop?
2. What is the sign of returning health that Rayber wants to see in Tarwater?
3. When Meeks asks what line of work Tarwater will get into, what does he say?
4. Why is Tarwater concerned for his own soul while burying Mason?
5. What memory of Powderhead makes Rayber's heart expand unbelievably?
6. Why does Tarwater eat so much at lunch before fishing?
7. What does Tarwater tell the truck driver who asks him why his pants are wet?
8. What two histories does Tarwater say he knows "completely"?
9. How does Tarwater respond when the truck driver says he better not be sick?
10. What happens when Tarwater drinks water from the pump near the Negro shack?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)