|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tarwater do when Bishop tries to touch him?
(a) Tarwater runs away.
(b) Tarwater takes a step back.
(c) Tarwater smacks Bishops hand.
(d) Tarwater reaches out his own hand.
2. Who steals Tarwater from his crib?
(b) The schoolteacher.
3. What does Mason say will burn a prophet?
4. Who says they are free?
5. Why does the schoolteacher use the help of a welfare office worker?
(a) To find a new job.
(b) To get Tarwater back.
(c) To get child support.
(d) To get unemployment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has a gash in their ear?
2. Who says they are "just now waking up"?
3. What does Tarwater compare Mason's dead eyes to?
4. The stranger's voice tells Tarwater to go where?
5. Why does Tarwater say he went to the church?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Meeks asks what line of work Tarwater will get into, what does he say?
2. When Tarwater looks at the burned remains of the cabin, what does he think?
3. What two histories does Tarwater say he knows "completely"?
4. What does the schoolteacher do when he first hears that Mason is dead?
5. How does Meeks say man can get ahead?
6. How does Tarwater walk as he walks to the museum with Rayber and Bishop?
7. Why does Tarwater drink the moonshine he was getting for Buford?
8. What is the sign of returning health that Rayber wants to see in Tarwater?
9. What does Rayber say Mason did to Tarwater?
10. Why does Buford come to Mason's shack in the beginning of chapter 1?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)