|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who steals Tarwater from his crib?
(b) The schoolteacher.
2. Whose voice is the stranger's?
(c) The devil.
(d) An angry neighbor.
3. Where was Mason kept for four years?
(a) An asylum.
(b) The woods.
(c) A church.
(d) A college.
4. What happened after Rayber was shot by Mason?
(a) He started to walk with a limp.
(b) He had Mason arrested.
(c) He shot back.
(d) He started to lose his hearing.
5. What catches Tarwater's attention in the store window when he is walking with Rayber?
(a) A balloon.
(b) A gun.
(c) A gold watch.
(d) A red car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about Tarwater makes fury rise in Rayber?
2. What does Tarwater do when he and Rayber return home from the church?
3. Who said that their parents did not teach them anything, except "not to wet the bed"?
4. How did Mason describe Tarwater's sister?
5. What type of boy does Mason say Tarwater is?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Rayber feel he can read Tarwater like a book?
2. How does Rayber describe the windows of the building Lucette preaches in?
3. What is Rayber reminded of when he holds Bishop to tie his shoe?
4. When Tarwater is looking over Bishop in the fountain, what does he think?
5. What does Tarwater do when Bishop sits on the stairs in front of him at the hotel?
6. Why does the stranger's voice tell Tarwater that hunger does not count as a sign?
7. Why does Tarwater eat so much at lunch before fishing?
8. What does Tarwater do when he has a hard time thinking of what to say to the woman at the gas station?
9. In chapter 9 when Rayber watches Tarwater interact with Bishop in the bedroom why does Rayber admit to being jealous?
10. Why does the stranger's voice taunt Tarwater about Mason's profession?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)