|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mason describe the end of the world?
(a) The world is on fire.
(b) Prophets ascend to heaven last.
(c) The world floods.
(d) Jesus holding people's hands.
2. Who did Mason convince to get a job in his sister's house?
(b) The schoolteacher.
(c) Luella Munson.
3. Whose voice is the stranger's?
(a) An angry neighbor.
(b) The devil.
4. When Rayber is watching Lucette's parents, who does he keep envisioning?
(a) The devil.
(b) His father.
5. According to the schoolteacher, what is the only thing Bishop can do?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tarwater know as soon as he sees Bishop?
2. What does Mason want at the head of his grave?
3. What catches Tarwater's attention in the store window when he is walking with Rayber?
4. What does Tarwater do when he and Rayber return home from the church?
5. How did Mason describe Tarwater's sister?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tarwater walk as he walks to the museum with Rayber and Bishop?
2. Why does Rayber follow Tarwater quietly when he leaves the house?
3. How does Meeks say man can get ahead?
4. At the end of the novel, what does Tarwater discover about Mason's body?
5. How does Tarwater respond when he runs into Rayber after leaving the church?
6. Why does Tarwater drink the moonshine he was getting for Buford?
7. How is it obvious that Tarwater is unfamiliar with telephones?
8. How does Mason feel Rayber insulted him?
9. What does Tarwater tell the truck driver who asks him why his pants are wet?
10. During the fishing trip what does Rayber say he does and does not have the guts for?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)