|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tarwater do with the hand Bishop tried to touch in the hotel lobby?
(a) Washes it.
(b) Puts it in his pocket.
(c) Punches the wall with it.
(d) Uses it to push Bishop.
2. Who says they won't see a sane person until they get to Detroit?
(b) The truck driver.
3. When Tarwater sees Bishop in the water fountain, what does Bishop's face remind him of?
(a) A mirror.
(b) A lion.
(c) A baby.
(d) A fool.
4. What does Tarwater say he would baptize as soon as Bishop?
(a) A dog.
(b) A door.
(d) A stick.
5. Who picks Tarwater up at the side of the road?
(b) A cab.
(c) A man in a small car.
(d) A truck driver.
6. How does Bishop look when they check into the hotel?
(a) Like he has been crying.
(b) Like he is lost.
(c) Better than usual.
(d) Like he dressed himself.
7. What does Rayber say about Bishop during the fishing trip?
(a) "That kind of child struggles."
(b) "In a hundred years I wouldn't know him."
(c) "He needs all the help he can get."
(d) "Nothing ever happens to that kind of child."
8. What does Tarwater decide to do with the bottle opener from Rayber?
(a) Throw it down the hill.
(b) Buy a drink and open it.
(c) Sell it at the gas station.
(d) Give it to the Negro boy.
9. Whose presence does Tarwater feel at the park when Bishop jumps in the fountain?
(c) The stranger's.
10. Where does Bishop run to when he jumps out of the car in Powderhead?
(a) The mule farm.
(b) Mason's cabin.
(c) The lake.
(d) The blackberry bushes.
11. What does Tarwater believe happened to Mason's "fancies" and "madness"?
(a) That he will serve it forever.
(b) That it is part of the land.
(c) That it has been burned out of him.
(d) That it has taken over him.
12. Why does Rayber think a fishing trip is a good idea?
(a) To ease the tension.
(b) To start bonding.
(c) To catch dinner.
(d) To have some silence.
13. Where does Rayber decide to take Tarwater and Bishop the night after Tarwater left the house?
(a) The zoo.
(b) The bank.
(c) The Natural History Museum.
(d) A French restaurant.
14. What does Tarwater say when Rayber asks, "You'll look after him?"
(a) "Can't do that."
(c) "I'll tend to him."
(d) "I'll try."
15. What does the driver of the car say cures a cough?
(a) Kissing a woman.
(c) A good night's sleep.
(d) Orange juice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bishop do with his hat when he was on the boat with Tarwater?
2. Where did Rayber's wife, Bernice, go when she left him?
3. Why does Tarwater say he was a fool?
4. What does the man who picks Tarwater up say he needs in exchange for the ride?
5. What does the driver of the car offer Tarwater?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)