|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the driver of the car offer Tarwater?
(a) Ten dollars.
(c) A cigarette.
(d) A place to stay.
2. What does Tarwater do to the forked tree by the burned cabin?
(a) He burns it.
(b) He carves his name in it.
(c) He chops it down.
(d) He climbs it.
3. What does Rayber think Tarwater is going to do to Bishop as they leave the restaurant?
(a) Rayber thinks Tarwater is trying to control Bishop.
(b) Rayber thinks Tarwater is trying to hurt Bishop.
(c) Rayber thinks Tarwater is trying to preach to Bishop.
(d) Rayber thinks Tarwater is trying to kidnap Bishop.
4. What does Tarwater eat for lunch before fishing?
(a) Hot dogs and whiskey.
(b) Cheese and wine.
(c) Barbeque buns and beer.
5. How does Bishop look when they check into the hotel?
(a) Better than usual.
(b) Like he is lost.
(c) Like he dressed himself.
(d) Like he has been crying.
6. Who says, "It takes all kinds of women"?
(a) The boat renter.
(b) The mayor.
(d) The receptionist.
7. What does the driver of the car say cures a cough?
(a) Orange juice.
(b) A good night's sleep.
(d) Kissing a woman.
8. After leaving the gas station, what does Tarwater hunger for in addition to food and drink?
9. Where do Rayber, Bishop and Tarwater stay during their fishing trip?
(a) The Summer Lodge.
(b) The Cherokee Lodge.
(c) The Big Inn.
(d) The Dakota Hotel.
10. Why does Rayber think a fishing trip is a good idea?
(a) To catch dinner.
(b) To have some silence.
(c) To start bonding.
(d) To ease the tension.
11. How do Tarwater's eyes look when he hitches a ride?
(a) Wide open.
12. What does Tarwater say the only reason for him to leave Powderhead is?
(a) To visit Rayber.
(b) To free himself from the woods.
(c) To prove he isn't a prophet.
(d) To baptize the people of the city.
13. Why does Rayber feel he had ruined his plan in chapter 9?
(a) Because he went to Powderhead too soon.
(b) Because he let Bishop see the burned cabin.
(c) Because he ended the fishing trip too soon.
(d) Because he left Tarwater alone.
14. What trip does Rayber have planned next for Tarwater?
(a) No trip, he is sending Tarwater back to Powderhead.
(b) A plane ride.
(c) A train ride.
(d) The Natural History Museum.
15. What does Bishop do when he sees the fountain at the park?
(a) He starts to yell.
(b) He throws money into it.
(c) He jumps in.
(d) He runs away afraid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man who picks Tarwater up say he needs in exchange for the ride?
2. Why does Tarwater say he was a fool?
3. How does Tarwater describe Bishop's drowning?
4. What does Rayber check in Tarwater's overalls?
5. What does Tarwater realize he is holding during his ride to Powderhead?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)