|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bishop do when he sees the fountain at the park?
(a) He jumps in.
(b) He starts to yell.
(c) He throws money into it.
(d) He runs away afraid.
2. When Tarwater and Bishop are gone, what does Rayber realize about his relationship with Tarwater?
(a) Rayber realizes how to make friends with Tarwater.
(b) Rayber realizes he can adopt Tarwater.
(c) Rayber realizes how to rehabilitate Tarwater.
(d) Rayber realizes he just wants to be rid of Tarwater.
3. What does Tarwater believe happened to Mason's "fancies" and "madness"?
(a) That it has been burned out of him.
(b) That he will serve it forever.
(c) That it is part of the land.
(d) That it has taken over him.
4. Where does Bishop run to when he jumps out of the car in Powderhead?
(a) The mule farm.
(b) The blackberry bushes.
(c) Mason's cabin.
(d) The lake.
5. When Rayber realizes he owns Mason's land, what does he think?
(a) That he could start a lumber company.
(b) That it could be sold to pay for college.
(c) That he could farm it properly.
(d) That it could actually belong to Tarwater.
6. Why does Rayber let Tarwater take Bishop out on the boat?
(a) He wants Bishop to learn.
(b) He wants to try reverse psychology.
(c) He wants Tarwater to fail.
(d) He wants a half hour alone.
7. Why does Rayber think a fishing trip is a good idea?
(a) To catch dinner.
(b) To start bonding.
(c) To ease the tension.
(d) To have some silence.
8. Who does Tarwater see at the gas station?
(b) The devil.
(c) Someone who looks like Rayber.
(d) A woman Mason liked to talk to.
9. Why does Rayber know that Tarwater will always return to him?
(a) Because of Bishop.
(b) Because Tarwater wants help.
(c) Because Tarwater has no place to go.
(d) Because they are related.
10. Why does Tarwater say he was a fool?
(a) For burning Mason's body.
(b) For baptizing Bishop.
(c) For drowning Bishop.
(d) For burning the cabin in Powderhead.
11. What does the stranger's voice tell Tarwater will happen if he performs a baptism?
(a) People may treat him like a prophet.
(b) He will see the light.
(c) He may do it wrong.
(d) He will have to keep performing them.
12. Who says they are "going on about (their) bidnis"?
13. What name does Tarwater scratch off of the card Rayber fills out at the hotel?
14. What does Tarwater write on the check-in card at the hotel?
(a) Not having fun.
(b) Not his son.
(c) Praise the Lord.
(d) Hate the child.
15. What does Rayber check in Tarwater's overalls?
(a) The snaps.
(b) The size.
(c) The pockets.
(d) The seams.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bernice want to happen to Bishop?
2. What does Tarwater ask to buy at the gas station?
3. What does Rayber realize about Tarwater as he looks into the pool of water?
4. What does Tarwater do with the dirt off of Mason's grave?
5. What trip does Rayber have planned next for Tarwater?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)