|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the voice say Tarwater's sign is?
(a) Rayber saving him.
(b) The water in the pool.
(c) A mystery.
(d) The sun on Bishop's head.
2. Who does Tarwater see at the gas station?
(a) A woman Mason liked to talk to.
(b) Someone who looks like Rayber.
(c) The devil.
3. What does Bishop do when he sees the fountain at the park?
(a) He starts to yell.
(b) He runs away afraid.
(c) He throws money into it.
(d) He jumps in.
4. Where do Rayber, Bishop and Tarwater stay during their fishing trip?
(a) The Summer Lodge.
(b) The Dakota Hotel.
(c) The Big Inn.
(d) The Cherokee Lodge.
5. Why does Rayber say they can no longer go to the museum?
(a) Because Tarwater left.
(b) Because it is too late.
(c) Because they don't have enough money.
(d) Because of the need to change Bishop's shoes.
6. When Rayber realizes he owns Mason's land, what does he think?
(a) That he could start a lumber company.
(b) That it could be sold to pay for college.
(c) That he could farm it properly.
(d) That it could actually belong to Tarwater.
7. Why does Tarwater say he is different than Rayber?
(a) Tarwater says he thinks better.
(b) Tarwater says he is a man.
(c) Tarwater says he is able to act.
(d) Tarwater says he loves.
8. What does Rayber buy for Tarwater at the gas station?
(a) A cigarette lighter.
(b) A wood plaque.
(c) A bottle opener.
(d) Fake teeth.
9. Why does Rayber let Tarwater take Bishop out on the boat?
(a) He wants to try reverse psychology.
(b) He wants Bishop to learn.
(c) He wants Tarwater to fail.
(d) He wants a half hour alone.
10. What does Tarwater request from the child standing in front of the Negro's shack?
(a) Some food.
(b) A bible.
(c) Some water.
(d) Some money.
11. What does the city park remind Rayber of?
12. What does Tarwater feel when he looks at the man in the car who picked him up?
(a) Safety and peace.
(b) A little apprehension.
(c) Overwhelming sadness.
(d) An unpleasant sensation.
13. What does the water fountain look like at the park?
(a) A lion's head.
(b) A group of mice.
(c) A small child.
(d) An elephant.
14. Where does Rayber decide to take Tarwater and Bishop the night after Tarwater left the house?
(a) The zoo.
(b) A French restaurant.
(c) The bank.
(d) The Natural History Museum.
15. What does Tarwater say is "better than the Bread of Life"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the "enormous" Rayber saved Bishop from?
2. What does the receptionist observe about Rayber?
3. What does Tarwater write on the check-in card at the hotel?
4. What does Tarwater do at the end of the trip out into the lake?
5. Who picks Tarwater up at the side of the road?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)