|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tarwater describe Rayber's hearing aid?
(a) He says Rayber can read minds.
(b) He says Rayber relies on it too much.
(c) He says Rayber is incomplete.
(d) He says Rayber is a robot.
2. What does Rayber define as the great dignity of man?
(a) Seeing the light.
(b) Resisting the pressure.
(c) Being born twice.
(d) Being born once.
3. Whose presence does Tarwater feel at the park when Bishop jumps in the fountain?
(c) The stranger's.
4. What does Tarwater eat for lunch before fishing?
(a) Hot dogs and whiskey.
(b) Barbeque buns and beer.
(c) Cheese and wine.
5. Who speaks to Tarwater when he looks at the burned cabin?
(b) Bishop's ghost.
(c) The stranger's voice.
(d) The memory of Mason.
6. When Rayber was in the newspaper, what did the caption say?
(a) Man runs for mayor.
(b) Overjoyed father finds missing son.
(c) Overjoyed father sees son revived.
(d) Man loses son at the beach.
7. Why does Rayber say they can no longer go to the museum?
(a) Because it is too late.
(b) Because they don't have enough money.
(c) Because of the need to change Bishop's shoes.
(d) Because Tarwater left.
8. What does Tarwater say when Rayber asks, "You'll look after him?"
(a) "I'll tend to him."
(c) "I'll try."
(d) "Can't do that."
9. When Tarwater and Bishop are gone, what does Rayber realize about his relationship with Tarwater?
(a) Rayber realizes how to rehabilitate Tarwater.
(b) Rayber realizes he just wants to be rid of Tarwater.
(c) Rayber realizes how to make friends with Tarwater.
(d) Rayber realizes he can adopt Tarwater.
10. What does Bishop do when he sees the fountain at the park?
(a) He throws money into it.
(b) He runs away afraid.
(c) He starts to yell.
(d) He jumps in.
11. What does Rayber check in Tarwater's overalls?
(a) The size.
(b) The pockets.
(c) The snaps.
(d) The seams.
12. What does Rayber say his "violent self" makes him see Tarwater as?
(a) A target.
(b) A fool.
(c) A waste.
(d) An enemy.
13. After leaving the gas station, what does Tarwater hunger for in addition to food and drink?
14. What name does Tarwater scratch off of the card Rayber fills out at the hotel?
15. What does the water fountain look like at the park?
(a) A lion's head.
(b) A small child.
(c) A group of mice.
(d) An elephant.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tarwater describe Bishop's drowning?
2. Why does Rayber let Tarwater take Bishop out on the boat?
3. What does Tarwater feel when he looks at the man in the car who picked him up?
4. What does the car look like that stops for Tarwater?
5. Who picks Tarwater up at the side of the road?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)