|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two feelings does Rayber have for Tarwater as they go on their fishing trip?
(a) Hatred and fear.
(b) Misery and anger.
(c) Compassion and fury.
(d) Love and scorn.
2. Where does Rayber decide to take Tarwater and Bishop the night after Tarwater left the house?
(a) The zoo.
(b) The Natural History Museum.
(c) The bank.
(d) A French restaurant.
3. Who says they won't see a sane person until they get to Detroit?
(b) The truck driver.
4. Why does Rayber know that Tarwater will always return to him?
(a) Because of Bishop.
(b) Because Tarwater has no place to go.
(c) Because they are related.
(d) Because Tarwater wants help.
5. Why does Bishop jump off of Tarwater's bed at the end of chapter 8?
(a) Rayber asks him to go for a ride.
(b) He actually falls off the bed.
(c) He says he wants ice cream.
(d) Tarwater tries to hit him.
6. What does Tarwater request from the child standing in front of the Negro's shack?
(a) Some food.
(b) Some money.
(c) A bible.
(d) Some water.
7. What does Tarwater do at the end of the trip out into the lake?
(a) He catches more fish than Rayber.
(b) He eats a live fish.
(c) He tries to burn the boat.
(d) He jumps off the boat and swims away.
8. How does Bishop look when they check into the hotel?
(a) Like he has been crying.
(b) Better than usual.
(c) Like he is lost.
(d) Like he dressed himself.
9. What name does Tarwater scratch off of the card Rayber fills out at the hotel?
10. When Tarwater and Bishop are gone, what does Rayber realize about his relationship with Tarwater?
(a) Rayber realizes he can adopt Tarwater.
(b) Rayber realizes how to make friends with Tarwater.
(c) Rayber realizes how to rehabilitate Tarwater.
(d) Rayber realizes he just wants to be rid of Tarwater.
11. Why does Rayber hold Bishop in his lap at the park?
(a) To keep him quiet.
(b) To tie his shoe.
(c) To get a hug.
(d) To wait for Tarwater.
12. Who does Rayber say is "basically very bright"?
13. What does the car look like that stops for Tarwater?
(a) It is shorter than most cars.
(b) It is lavender and cream colored.
(c) It has an extra tire on the back.
(d) It is all black.
14. Who tries to say, "I have more than one problem"?
15. What does Tarwater decide to do with the bottle opener from Rayber?
(a) Throw it down the hill.
(b) Sell it at the gas station.
(c) Give it to the Negro boy.
(d) Buy a drink and open it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tarwater look like in the clothes Rayber bought him?
2. Whose presence does Tarwater feel at the park when Bishop jumps in the fountain?
3. Why does Rayber feel he had ruined his plan in chapter 9?
4. Where did Rayber's wife, Bernice, go when she left him?
5. What does Bishop try to do during the ride to the lake?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)