|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Tarwater's eyes look when he hitches a ride?
(b) Wide open.
2. What does Tarwater ask to buy at the gas station?
(a) Orange juice.
(d) A purple drink.
3. After leaving the gas station, what does Tarwater hunger for in addition to food and drink?
4. Why does Rayber know that Tarwater will always return to him?
(a) Because Tarwater wants help.
(b) Because Tarwater has no place to go.
(c) Because of Bishop.
(d) Because they are related.
5. What does the receptionist observe about Rayber?
(a) He has a new haircut.
(b) He has two different colored socks.
(c) His tie is crooked.
(d) His pants have holes in them.
6. Whose presence does Tarwater feel at the park when Bishop jumps in the fountain?
(d) The stranger's.
7. What was the "enormous" Rayber saved Bishop from?
(a) Being teased.
(b) Being beat.
(c) Being baptized.
(d) Being taken away.
8. What does Rayber think Tarwater is going to do to Bishop as they leave the restaurant?
(a) Rayber thinks Tarwater is trying to hurt Bishop.
(b) Rayber thinks Tarwater is trying to kidnap Bishop.
(c) Rayber thinks Tarwater is trying to control Bishop.
(d) Rayber thinks Tarwater is trying to preach to Bishop.
9. What name does Tarwater scratch off of the card Rayber fills out at the hotel?
10. What does Rayber say always "irks" him?
(a) When people assume things.
(b) When people stare at Bishop.
(c) When people call him "sugerpie".
(d) When Tarwater disobeys.
11. What does Tarwater do with the hand Bishop tried to touch in the hotel lobby?
(a) Puts it in his pocket.
(b) Uses it to push Bishop.
(c) Washes it.
(d) Punches the wall with it.
12. What premonition does Rayber have when he fills out the card at the hotel?
(a) That the trip is doomed.
(b) That Bishop needs help.
(c) That Tarwater will be saved.
(d) That he will lose money.
13. Who says they are "going on about (their) bidnis"?
14. What does Tarwater do at the end of the trip out into the lake?
(a) He eats a live fish.
(b) He jumps off the boat and swims away.
(c) He tries to burn the boat.
(d) He catches more fish than Rayber.
15. What does Tarwater think his destiny is forcing him on to?
(a) More fires.
(c) A second baptism.
(d) A final revelation.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Rayber was in the newspaper, what did the caption say?
2. When does Tarwater believe he can walk to Powderhead by?
3. What two feelings does Rayber have for Tarwater as they go on their fishing trip?
4. What does Tarwater believe happened to Mason's "fancies" and "madness"?
5. Why does Bishop sit on the stairs in front of Tarwater?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)