|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tarwater's long face remind Rayber of?
(a) A root pulled from the ground.
(b) A knife blade.
(c) A sharpened pencil.
(d) A foot without a shoe.
2. What did Bishop do with his hat when he was on the boat with Tarwater?
(a) He gave it to Tarwater.
(b) He kept playing with it.
(c) He threw it in the lake.
(d) He pulled it over his head.
3. What does Tarwater eat for lunch before fishing?
(a) Hot dogs and whiskey.
(b) Barbeque buns and beer.
(d) Cheese and wine.
4. What does Rayber say his "violent self" makes him see Tarwater as?
(a) A fool.
(b) A target.
(c) An enemy.
(d) A waste.
5. Where does Bishop run to when he jumps out of the car in Powderhead?
(a) The mule farm.
(b) Mason's cabin.
(c) The blackberry bushes.
(d) The lake.
6. What does Tarwater say is "better than the Bread of Life"?
7. What does Tarwater say he would baptize as soon as Bishop?
(a) A door.
(c) A stick.
(d) A dog.
8. What does Rayber hear when he turns on his hearing aid the night Tarwater takes Bishop on the boat?
(a) Bishop's bellow.
(b) Tarwater's laugh.
(c) Nothing, the hearing aid was broken.
(d) Nothing but crickets.
9. Why does Rayber know that Tarwater will always return to him?
(a) Because they are related.
(b) Because Tarwater wants help.
(c) Because Tarwater has no place to go.
(d) Because of Bishop.
10. What does Rayber see where Mason's cabin used to be?
(a) Nothing but dust.
(b) A door frame and ashes.
(c) A pile of bones.
(d) Two chimneys and black rubble.
11. Who says, "It takes all kinds of women"?
(a) The boat renter.
(c) The receptionist.
(d) The mayor.
12. What does Rayber check in Tarwater's overalls?
(a) The snaps.
(b) The size.
(c) The seams.
(d) The pockets.
13. What does the man who picks Tarwater up say he needs in exchange for the ride?
(a) A woman.
(b) To be kept awake.
(c) Twenty-five dollars.
(d) A place to stay in town.
14. What does Tarwater do with the dirt off of Mason's grave?
(a) He smears it on his forehead.
(b) He stomps it flat.
(c) He throws it.
(d) He kicks it.
15. Why does Bishop sit on the stairs in front of Tarwater?
(a) He wants to kick Tarwater.
(b) He wants to be in the way.
(c) He wants attention.
(d) He wants his shoes tied.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rayber let Tarwater take Bishop out on the boat?
2. What does Tarwater do with the hand Bishop tried to touch in the hotel lobby?
3. What does Bishop do when he sees the fountain at the park?
4. Who does Rayber say is "basically very bright"?
5. How does Tarwater describe Rayber's hearing aid?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)