|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says they are "going on about (their) bidnis"?
2. What does Rayber see where Mason's cabin used to be?
(a) A door frame and ashes.
(b) Nothing but dust.
(c) A pile of bones.
(d) Two chimneys and black rubble.
3. What does Bishop try to do during the ride to the lake?
(a) Jump out of the car.
(b) Sing the entire time.
(c) Shove Tarwater.
(d) Climb into the front seat.
4. Where do Rayber, Bishop and Tarwater stay during their fishing trip?
(a) The Cherokee Lodge.
(b) The Summer Lodge.
(c) The Big Inn.
(d) The Dakota Hotel.
5. What does Tarwater say is "better than the Bread of Life"?
6. Why does Rayber feel he had ruined his plan in chapter 9?
(a) Because he ended the fishing trip too soon.
(b) Because he went to Powderhead too soon.
(c) Because he let Bishop see the burned cabin.
(d) Because he left Tarwater alone.
7. Rayber says that Bishop did what to his pain?
(a) Started it, limited it, and contained it.
(b) Started it, ended it, and started it again.
(c) Increased it, magnified it, and hid it.
(d) Trapped it, released it, and made it obvious to strangers.
8. Who does Tarwater see at the gas station?
(a) A woman Mason liked to talk to.
(c) The devil.
(d) Someone who looks like Rayber.
9. Where does Bishop run to when he jumps out of the car in Powderhead?
(a) The mule farm.
(b) The lake.
(c) Mason's cabin.
(d) The blackberry bushes.
10. Why does Rayber know that Tarwater will always return to him?
(a) Because they are related.
(b) Because of Bishop.
(c) Because Tarwater has no place to go.
(d) Because Tarwater wants help.
11. Where did Rayber's wife, Bernice, go when she left him?
12. What does Tarwater think his destiny is forcing him on to?
(a) More fires.
(b) A final revelation.
(c) A second baptism.
13. When Tarwater and Bishop are gone, what does Rayber realize about his relationship with Tarwater?
(a) Rayber realizes he can adopt Tarwater.
(b) Rayber realizes how to rehabilitate Tarwater.
(c) Rayber realizes he just wants to be rid of Tarwater.
(d) Rayber realizes how to make friends with Tarwater.
14. Why does Rayber say they can no longer go to the museum?
(a) Because they don't have enough money.
(b) Because it is too late.
(c) Because of the need to change Bishop's shoes.
(d) Because Tarwater left.
15. Why does Bishop sit on the stairs in front of Tarwater?
(a) He wants attention.
(b) He wants to be in the way.
(c) He wants his shoes tied.
(d) He wants to kick Tarwater.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tarwater say he is different than Rayber?
2. When Tarwater gets dressed in the woods, what happens?
3. What does Tarwater look like in the clothes Rayber bought him?
4. What does the man who picks Tarwater up say he needs in exchange for the ride?
5. Who does Rayber say is "basically very bright"?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)