|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Rayber realizes he owns Mason's land, what does he think?
(a) That he could farm it properly.
(b) That he could start a lumber company.
(c) That it could be sold to pay for college.
(d) That it could actually belong to Tarwater.
2. Why does Rayber think a fishing trip is a good idea?
(a) To catch dinner.
(b) To have some silence.
(c) To ease the tension.
(d) To start bonding.
3. What does Tarwater say the only reason for him to leave Powderhead is?
(a) To baptize the people of the city.
(b) To prove he isn't a prophet.
(c) To free himself from the woods.
(d) To visit Rayber.
4. What does Rayber buy for Tarwater at the gas station?
(a) A wood plaque.
(b) A cigarette lighter.
(c) Fake teeth.
(d) A bottle opener.
5. Who says, "You can't be born again"?
(c) The driver.
6. What does Rayber define as the great dignity of man?
(a) Being born once.
(b) Seeing the light.
(c) Resisting the pressure.
(d) Being born twice.
7. What does Tarwater say he would baptize as soon as Bishop?
(a) A stick.
(b) A dog.
(d) A door.
8. What does Tarwater decide to do with the bottle opener from Rayber?
(a) Buy a drink and open it.
(b) Sell it at the gas station.
(c) Give it to the Negro boy.
(d) Throw it down the hill.
9. What does the stranger's voice tell Tarwater will happen if he performs a baptism?
(a) He will see the light.
(b) He may do it wrong.
(c) He will have to keep performing them.
(d) People may treat him like a prophet.
10. What does Bishop do when he sees the fountain at the park?
(a) He runs away afraid.
(b) He starts to yell.
(c) He throws money into it.
(d) He jumps in.
11. After leaving the gas station, what does Tarwater hunger for in addition to food and drink?
12. Why does Rayber feel he had ruined his plan in chapter 9?
(a) Because he went to Powderhead too soon.
(b) Because he ended the fishing trip too soon.
(c) Because he let Bishop see the burned cabin.
(d) Because he left Tarwater alone.
13. What does Rayber check in Tarwater's overalls?
(a) The seams.
(b) The snaps.
(c) The pockets.
(d) The size.
14. Why does Rayber say they can no longer go to the museum?
(a) Because they don't have enough money.
(b) Because Tarwater left.
(c) Because of the need to change Bishop's shoes.
(d) Because it is too late.
15. What does Rayber think Tarwater is going to do to Bishop as they leave the restaurant?
(a) Rayber thinks Tarwater is trying to hurt Bishop.
(b) Rayber thinks Tarwater is trying to control Bishop.
(c) Rayber thinks Tarwater is trying to kidnap Bishop.
(d) Rayber thinks Tarwater is trying to preach to Bishop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bishop try to do during the ride to the lake?
2. Who does Rayber say is "basically very bright"?
3. Where does Bishop run to when he jumps out of the car in Powderhead?
4. Who tries to say, "I have more than one problem"?
5. What does Rayber hear when he turns on his hearing aid the night Tarwater takes Bishop on the boat?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)