|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tarwater realize he is holding during his ride to Powderhead?
(a) Bishop's hat.
(b) The driver's sandwich.
(c) The driver's hand.
(d) A stack of money.
2. What happens when Tarwater tries to eat while walking?
(a) His stomach rejects it.
(b) He can't eat enough.
(c) He drops the food.
(d) He is robbed.
3. Who speaks to Tarwater when he looks at the burned cabin?
(a) The stranger's voice.
(b) Bishop's ghost.
(d) The memory of Mason.
4. When does Tarwater believe he can walk to Powderhead by?
(a) Half an hour.
(d) Two days.
5. What does Bishop do when he sees the fountain at the park?
(a) He throws money into it.
(b) He jumps in.
(c) He starts to yell.
(d) He runs away afraid.
6. What does Tarwater think his destiny is forcing him on to?
(a) More fires.
(c) A final revelation.
(d) A second baptism.
7. Why does Tarwater say he was a fool?
(a) For burning the cabin in Powderhead.
(b) For drowning Bishop.
(c) For baptizing Bishop.
(d) For burning Mason's body.
8. What was the "enormous" Rayber saved Bishop from?
(a) Being teased.
(b) Being baptized.
(c) Being beat.
(d) Being taken away.
9. What does Rayber say about Bishop during the fishing trip?
(a) "That kind of child struggles."
(b) "He needs all the help he can get."
(c) "Nothing ever happens to that kind of child."
(d) "In a hundred years I wouldn't know him."
10. What does Rayber say always "irks" him?
(a) When people assume things.
(b) When people stare at Bishop.
(c) When Tarwater disobeys.
(d) When people call him "sugerpie".
11. What does Bishop try to do during the ride to the lake?
(a) Sing the entire time.
(b) Shove Tarwater.
(c) Jump out of the car.
(d) Climb into the front seat.
12. What does Rayber buy for Tarwater at the gas station?
(a) A wood plaque.
(b) Fake teeth.
(c) A bottle opener.
(d) A cigarette lighter.
13. What does Rayber see where Mason's cabin used to be?
(a) A door frame and ashes.
(b) Nothing but dust.
(c) Two chimneys and black rubble.
(d) A pile of bones.
14. How does Tarwater describe Rayber's hearing aid?
(a) He says Rayber relies on it too much.
(b) He says Rayber is a robot.
(c) He says Rayber can read minds.
(d) He says Rayber is incomplete.
15. Who does Rayber say is "basically very bright"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says they won't see a sane person until they get to Detroit?
2. Who says they are "going on about (their) bidnis"?
3. What two feelings does Rayber have for Tarwater as they go on their fishing trip?
4. Why does Rayber let Tarwater take Bishop out on the boat?
5. When Rayber realizes he owns Mason's land, what does he think?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)