|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tarwater realize he is holding during his ride to Powderhead?
(a) The driver's sandwich.
(b) The driver's hand.
(c) A stack of money.
(d) Bishop's hat.
2. Who says, "It takes all kinds of women"?
(a) The boat renter.
(b) The mayor.
(d) The receptionist.
3. Why does Rayber say they can no longer go to the museum?
(a) Because of the need to change Bishop's shoes.
(b) Because it is too late.
(c) Because Tarwater left.
(d) Because they don't have enough money.
4. When Tarwater sees Bishop in the water fountain, what does Bishop's face remind him of?
(a) A lion.
(b) A fool.
(c) A mirror.
(d) A baby.
5. Why does Tarwater say he was a fool?
(a) For burning Mason's body.
(b) For burning the cabin in Powderhead.
(c) For baptizing Bishop.
(d) For drowning Bishop.
6. What does Rayber say always "irks" him?
(a) When people call him "sugerpie".
(b) When Tarwater disobeys.
(c) When people assume things.
(d) When people stare at Bishop.
7. Why does Tarwater say he is different than Rayber?
(a) Tarwater says he is a man.
(b) Tarwater says he thinks better.
(c) Tarwater says he loves.
(d) Tarwater says he is able to act.
8. What does Tarwater believe happened to Mason's "fancies" and "madness"?
(a) That it has been burned out of him.
(b) That it has taken over him.
(c) That it is part of the land.
(d) That he will serve it forever.
9. What does Tarwater's long face remind Rayber of?
(a) A sharpened pencil.
(b) A root pulled from the ground.
(c) A knife blade.
(d) A foot without a shoe.
10. What did Bernice want to happen to Bishop?
(a) She wanted Rayber to raise Bishop alone.
(b) She wanted Bishop put in an institution.
(c) She wanted to raise Bishop alone.
(d) She wanted Bishop to be put up for adoption.
11. What does Rayber think Tarwater is going to do to Bishop as they leave the restaurant?
(a) Rayber thinks Tarwater is trying to preach to Bishop.
(b) Rayber thinks Tarwater is trying to kidnap Bishop.
(c) Rayber thinks Tarwater is trying to hurt Bishop.
(d) Rayber thinks Tarwater is trying to control Bishop.
12. Who speaks to Tarwater when he looks at the burned cabin?
(b) Bishop's ghost.
(c) The stranger's voice.
(d) The memory of Mason.
13. What does Bishop try to do during the ride to the lake?
(a) Sing the entire time.
(b) Jump out of the car.
(c) Climb into the front seat.
(d) Shove Tarwater.
14. What does Tarwater write on the check-in card at the hotel?
(a) Praise the Lord.
(b) Not his son.
(c) Not having fun.
(d) Hate the child.
15. Who tries to say, "I have more than one problem"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tarwater feel when he looks at the man in the car who picked him up?
2. Whose presence does Tarwater feel at the park when Bishop jumps in the fountain?
3. When Tarwater gets dressed in the woods, what happens?
4. Where did Rayber's wife, Bernice, go when she left him?
5. What name does Tarwater scratch off of the card Rayber fills out at the hotel?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)