|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Tarwater sees Bishop in the water fountain, what does Bishop's face remind him of?
(a) A fool.
(b) A lion.
(c) A mirror.
(d) A baby.
2. What two feelings does Rayber have for Tarwater as they go on their fishing trip?
(a) Love and scorn.
(b) Misery and anger.
(c) Hatred and fear.
(d) Compassion and fury.
3. What happens when Tarwater takes Bishop on the boat?
(a) He drowns him.
(b) He baptizes him.
(c) He and Bishop get lost.
(d) He baptizes and drowns him.
4. Who speaks to Tarwater when he looks at the burned cabin?
(a) Bishop's ghost.
(b) The memory of Mason.
(d) The stranger's voice.
5. What does Rayber hear when he turns on his hearing aid the night Tarwater takes Bishop on the boat?
(a) Nothing, the hearing aid was broken.
(b) Nothing but crickets.
(c) Bishop's bellow.
(d) Tarwater's laugh.
6. Why does Tarwater say he was a fool?
(a) For drowning Bishop.
(b) For burning Mason's body.
(c) For burning the cabin in Powderhead.
(d) For baptizing Bishop.
7. How does Tarwater describe Rayber's hearing aid?
(a) He says Rayber is incomplete.
(b) He says Rayber can read minds.
(c) He says Rayber is a robot.
(d) He says Rayber relies on it too much.
8. What does Rayber say always "irks" him?
(a) When Tarwater disobeys.
(b) When people call him "sugerpie".
(c) When people stare at Bishop.
(d) When people assume things.
9. Why does Rayber offer Tarwater his glass of water at the hotel restaurant?
(a) Because he is thirsty.
(b) To make sure Tarwater didn't try to poison him.
(c) To make peace.
(d) To baptize Bishop with.
10. What does Tarwater do with the hand Bishop tried to touch in the hotel lobby?
(a) Puts it in his pocket.
(b) Uses it to push Bishop.
(c) Washes it.
(d) Punches the wall with it.
11. What does Tarwater feel when he looks at the man in the car who picked him up?
(a) A little apprehension.
(b) An unpleasant sensation.
(c) Overwhelming sadness.
(d) Safety and peace.
12. When Rayber realizes he owns Mason's land, what does he think?
(a) That he could start a lumber company.
(b) That it could be sold to pay for college.
(c) That he could farm it properly.
(d) That it could actually belong to Tarwater.
13. What does Tarwater write on the check-in card at the hotel?
(a) Not his son.
(b) Hate the child.
(c) Praise the Lord.
(d) Not having fun.
14. What was the "enormous" Rayber saved Bishop from?
(a) Being teased.
(b) Being beat.
(c) Being taken away.
(d) Being baptized.
15. What does the city park remind Rayber of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tarwater's long face remind Rayber of?
2. Why does Rayber hold Bishop in his lap at the park?
3. Why does Rayber say they can no longer go to the museum?
4. What does Tarwater say the only reason for him to leave Powderhead is?
5. Why does Rayber feel he had ruined his plan in chapter 9?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)