|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Rayber say is "basically very bright"?
2. When does Tarwater believe he can walk to Powderhead by?
(c) Half an hour.
(d) Two days.
3. Why does Rayber offer Tarwater his glass of water at the hotel restaurant?
(a) To baptize Bishop with.
(b) To make peace.
(c) To make sure Tarwater didn't try to poison him.
(d) Because he is thirsty.
4. Why does Tarwater say he was a fool?
(a) For baptizing Bishop.
(b) For drowning Bishop.
(c) For burning Mason's body.
(d) For burning the cabin in Powderhead.
5. What does Rayber say his "violent self" makes him see Tarwater as?
(a) A target.
(b) An enemy.
(c) A fool.
(d) A waste.
6. Who thinks to himself, "I must have infinite patience"?
7. What does Bishop try to do during the ride to the lake?
(a) Climb into the front seat.
(b) Shove Tarwater.
(c) Sing the entire time.
(d) Jump out of the car.
8. What did Bishop do with his hat when he was on the boat with Tarwater?
(a) He gave it to Tarwater.
(b) He kept playing with it.
(c) He pulled it over his head.
(d) He threw it in the lake.
9. What does Rayber realize about Tarwater as he looks into the pool of water?
(a) That he cannot keep him in his house.
(b) That he cannot reason with him.
(c) That he cannot save him.
(d) That he cannot understand him.
10. What does Tarwater feel when he looks at the man in the car who picked him up?
(a) Overwhelming sadness.
(b) Safety and peace.
(c) A little apprehension.
(d) An unpleasant sensation.
11. Why does Rayber let Tarwater take Bishop out on the boat?
(a) He wants to try reverse psychology.
(b) He wants Tarwater to fail.
(c) He wants a half hour alone.
(d) He wants Bishop to learn.
12. When Tarwater sees Bishop in the water fountain, what does Bishop's face remind him of?
(a) A fool.
(b) A lion.
(c) A baby.
(d) A mirror.
13. Whose presence does Tarwater feel at the park when Bishop jumps in the fountain?
(d) The stranger's.
14. What does Rayber check in Tarwater's overalls?
(a) The size.
(b) The seams.
(c) The pockets.
(d) The snaps.
15. What does Tarwater write on the check-in card at the hotel?
(a) Not having fun.
(b) Not his son.
(c) Praise the Lord.
(d) Hate the child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tarwater look like in the clothes Rayber bought him?
2. Who says they won't see a sane person until they get to Detroit?
3. What does Tarwater's long face remind Rayber of?
4. Who tries to say, "I have more than one problem"?
5. What does the voice say Tarwater's sign is?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)