|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What premonition does Rayber have when he fills out the card at the hotel?
(a) That Tarwater will be saved.
(b) That he will lose money.
(c) That the trip is doomed.
(d) That Bishop needs help.
2. What did Bernice want to happen to Bishop?
(a) She wanted Bishop to be put up for adoption.
(b) She wanted to raise Bishop alone.
(c) She wanted Bishop put in an institution.
(d) She wanted Rayber to raise Bishop alone.
3. What does the voice say Tarwater's sign is?
(a) Rayber saving him.
(b) A mystery.
(c) The sun on Bishop's head.
(d) The water in the pool.
4. Rayber says that Bishop did what to his pain?
(a) Started it, limited it, and contained it.
(b) Increased it, magnified it, and hid it.
(c) Started it, ended it, and started it again.
(d) Trapped it, released it, and made it obvious to strangers.
5. What does Bishop do when he sees the fountain at the park?
(a) He throws money into it.
(b) He runs away afraid.
(c) He jumps in.
(d) He starts to yell.
6. What does Tarwater do with the dirt off of Mason's grave?
(a) He throws it.
(b) He kicks it.
(c) He stomps it flat.
(d) He smears it on his forehead.
7. What does Tarwater say is "better than the Bread of Life"?
8. What does Tarwater keep telling himself while walking?
(a) That he will be alone forever.
(b) That he will soon be home.
(c) That he isn't hungry.
(d) That he is right, everyone else is wrong.
9. How does Tarwater describe Bishop's drowning?
(a) As being a mistake.
(b) As being less important than the baptism.
(c) As being more important than the baptism.
(d) As being his job.
10. Why does Rayber know that Tarwater will always return to him?
(a) Because Tarwater has no place to go.
(b) Because of Bishop.
(c) Because Tarwater wants help.
(d) Because they are related.
11. What does Tarwater ask to buy at the gas station?
(a) A purple drink.
(b) Orange juice.
12. Where did Rayber's wife, Bernice, go when she left him?
13. Who said, "You don't even know what makes you do the things you do"?
(a) The waitress at the hotel.
(d) The receptionist at the hotel.
14. What does the man who picks Tarwater up say he needs in exchange for the ride?
(a) Twenty-five dollars.
(b) A woman.
(c) A place to stay in town.
(d) To be kept awake.
15. What does Tarwater do with the hand Bishop tried to touch in the hotel lobby?
(a) Uses it to push Bishop.
(b) Punches the wall with it.
(c) Washes it.
(d) Puts it in his pocket.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tarwater feel when he looks at the man in the car who picked him up?
2. What does Tarwater eat for lunch before fishing?
3. What does the city park remind Rayber of?
4. What does the car look like that stops for Tarwater?
5. What does the water fountain look like at the park?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)