|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What small town does this story begin in?
2. What does Tarwater confuse the city lights with?
3. Who spent time in an insane asylum?
(c) The schoolteacher.
4. What does Rayber do as soon as he and Tarwater return home from the church?
(a) Stays on the porch.
(b) Goes to bed.
(c) Makes breakfast.
(d) Yells at Tarwater.
5. Who does Tarwater smile like?
(d) The schoolteacher.
6. Whose head was Mason "tied hand and foot inside"?
(c) The schoolteacher's.
7. What does Lucette say is coming?
(a) My Word.
(c) The end of the world.
(d) My Lord.
8. When Rayber is watching Lucette's parents, who does he keep envisioning?
(c) The devil.
(d) His father.
9. Who said, "A dead man is not going to do you any good"?
10. Why does Rayber think Tarwater is headed into town the night he leaves the house?
(a) To have a drink.
(b) To meet with friends.
(c) To go to church.
(d) To see something that interested him.
11. What is the first thing Tarwater says to the schoolteacher?
(a) That Mason is dead.
(b) That he needs to see Bishop.
(c) That he needs money.
(d) That God sent him there.
12. Why did Lucette's mother travel to China and Africa?
(a) Because she took a year off from work.
(b) Because she was trying to adopt a child.
(c) Because she was rich.
(d) Because she was a missionary.
13. What happened after Rayber was shot by Mason?
(a) He had Mason arrested.
(b) He started to lose his hearing.
(c) He shot back.
(d) He started to walk with a limp.
14. What does Tarwater do to the shack the night Mason dies?
(a) Builds an addition.
(b) Tears it down.
(c) Sets fire to it.
(d) Sells it cheaply.
15. According to the voice, what's the only reason Mason wanted Tarwater?
(a) So someone would give him a Christian burial.
(b) So someone would have to pay his taxes.
(c) So someone would keep him company.
(d) So someone would take over the business.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mason Tarwater do for a living?
2. Why would Mason leave for days at a time into the woods?
3. Who takes the form of the devil in chapter 2?
4. What does Mason say will burn a prophet?
5. Who has a gash in their ear?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)