|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who spent time in an insane asylum?
(b) The schoolteacher.
2. Whose voice is the stranger's?
(c) An angry neighbor.
(d) The devil.
3. How did Mason describe Tarwater's sister?
(a) He called her his favorite.
(b) He called her a lost cause.
(c) He called her beautiful.
(d) He called her a dirty name.
4. What does Tarwater say about burying Mason?
(a) Mason was too big to bury.
(b) Mason's coffin broke.
(c) Mason did not leave instructions.
(d) Mason wanted too fancy of a grave.
5. When does Meeks tell Tarwater to contact him?
(a) In two days.
(b) If he gets hungry by next week.
(c) If he can't stay with his uncle.
(d) In a month.
6. When Rayber tells Tarwater that now he has a father, how does Tarwater respond?
(a) Tarwater ignores Rayber.
(b) Tarwater says he didn't ask for a father.
(c) Tarwater says he already has a father.
(d) Tarwater says he is glad.
7. Who has a gash in their ear?
(a) The schoolteacher.
8. What does Tarwater do with Mason's coffin?
(a) He buries Mason in it.
(b) He does not use it.
(c) He burns it.
(d) He rebuilds it.
9. Who does the schoolteacher marry?
(a) A bishop.
(c) A schoolteacher.
10. Who takes the form of the devil in chapter 2?
(a) The schoolteacher.
11. What window does Tarwater stop in front of to look in?
(a) The bakery.
(b) The cleaners.
(c) The petstore.
(d) The toystore.
12. What does Lucette say is coming?
(b) My Word.
(c) The end of the world.
(d) My Lord.
13. How does Mason describe the end of the world?
(a) Jesus holding people's hands.
(b) Prophets ascend to heaven last.
(c) The world floods.
(d) The world is on fire.
14. Whose head was Mason "tied hand and foot inside"?
(c) The schoolteacher's.
15. What does Tarwater compare Mason's dead eyes to?
(a) The eyes of a fish.
(b) The eyes of a slave.
(c) The eyes of the stars.
(d) The eyes of a devil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tarwater do to the shack the night Mason dies?
2. After four days with Tarwater, how does the schoolteacher feel?
3. Who does Tarwater hitch a ride into town with?
4. What does Meeks do every time Tarwater mentions Mason?
5. When Rayber is watching Lucette's parents, who does he keep envisioning?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)