|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who steals Tarwater from his crib?
(b) The schoolteacher.
2. How old was Lucette when she began preaching?
3. What does Tarwater know as soon as he sees Bishop?
(a) That he needs a bath.
(b) That the schoolteacher has been beating him.
(c) That he has to baptize him.
(d) That he needs to kidnap him.
4. What does Meeks do every time Tarwater mentions Mason?
(a) He challenges Mason's ideas.
(b) He agrees with Mason's ideas.
(c) He rolls his eyes.
(d) He yells at Tarwater.
5. What is part of a "simple equation that required no further solution"?
6. Why does Rayber have a hard time walking around the town?
(a) Because he limps.
(b) Because it is raining.
(c) Because of Bishop.
(d) Because Tarwater made him mad.
7. What does Mason Tarwater do for a living?
(a) Shines shoes.
(b) Sells moonshine.
8. What does the schoolteacher first think when Tarwater shows up at his house?
(a) That he is selling something.
(b) That he has won.
(c) That it is a trick.
(d) That he is in trouble.
9. Who does the schoolteacher marry?
(a) A bishop.
(d) A schoolteacher.
10. Who will inherit Mason's land?
(a) The schoolteacher.
(d) No one.
11. What does Rayber forget to put on the night he follows Tarwater?
(a) His pants.
(b) His coat.
(c) His shoes.
(d) His hat.
12. Whose voice is the stranger's?
(a) An angry neighbor.
(b) The devil.
13. Who is Tarwater's uncle?
(d) The schoolteacher.
14. Who did Mason convince to get a job in his sister's house?
(a) Luella Munson.
(c) The schoolteacher.
15. Who says they are free?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tarwater confuse the city lights with?
2. Who spent time in an insane asylum?
3. What feature was Tarwater unable to recall about the schoolteacher's face?
4. When Rayber tells Tarwater that now he has a father, how does Tarwater respond?
5. What does the banner say on the building Rayber thinks Tarwater went into late at night?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)