|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who said, "A dead man is not going to do you any good"?
2. Who has a gash in their ear?
(a) The schoolteacher.
3. What does the banner say on the building Rayber thinks Tarwater went into late at night?
(a) "The time has come."
(b) "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."
(c) "Pray ye, for all."
(d) "Unless ye be born again."
4. Why does Rayber leave his house at the end of chapter 4?
(a) Because Bishop ran away.
(b) Because Tarwater was gone.
(c) Because he needed to go to the store.
(d) Because of a fight.
5. What was the one time Mason decided to stop prophesying?
(a) When he was in the asylum.
(b) When he was an old man.
(c) When he was at the schoolteacher's house.
(d) When he turned thirty.
6. What does Rayber call the aptitude test?
(b) A measure of ability.
(c) A game.
(d) Too hard for Tarwater.
7. Where does Bishop go to school?
(a) He is homeschooled.
(b) He does not go to school.
(c) A school in the next town.
(d) A school for exceptional children.
8. What does Tarwater do to the shack the night Mason dies?
(a) Sells it cheaply.
(b) Sets fire to it.
(c) Builds an addition.
(d) Tears it down.
9. When Rayber tells Tarwater that now he has a father, how does Tarwater respond?
(a) Tarwater says he didn't ask for a father.
(b) Tarwater ignores Rayber.
(c) Tarwater says he is glad.
(d) Tarwater says he already has a father.
10. Why does Rayber think Tarwater is headed into town the night he leaves the house?
(a) To go to church.
(b) To see something that interested him.
(c) To meet with friends.
(d) To have a drink.
11. What about Tarwater makes fury rise in Rayber?
(a) The way he eats.
(b) The way he does not care about the new clothes.
(c) The way he is independent.
(d) The way he follows him around the house.
12. What does Tarwater compare Bishop to when they go to the Italian restaurant?
(a) A hog.
(b) A thief.
(c) A baby.
(d) A rat.
13. Who steals Tarwater from his crib?
(c) The schoolteacher.
14. What is part of a "simple equation that required no further solution"?
15. Who said that their parents did not teach them anything, except "not to wet the bed"?
(a) The schoolteacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who thought that everything was a "false alarm"?
2. What does Meeks say he graduated with?
3. What does Tarwater say about the teachings of Mason?
4. When does Tarwater hear the stranger's voice?
5. Who says they are "just now waking up"?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)