|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rayber call the aptitude test?
(a) Too hard for Tarwater.
(c) A measure of ability.
(d) A game.
2. As Meeks drives with Tarwater, what does he consider doing with Tarwater?
(a) Meeks considers letting Tarwater stay with his family.
(b) Meeks considers taking Tarwater to an institution.
(c) Meeks considers using Tarwater in his business.
(d) Meeks considers dropping Tarwater off on the side of the road.
3. According to the schoolteacher, what is the only thing Bishop can do?
4. Whose head was Mason "tied hand and foot inside"?
(c) The schoolteacher's.
5. What small town does this story begin in?
6. Why does Rayber think Tarwater is headed into town the night he leaves the house?
(a) To go to church.
(b) To meet with friends.
(c) To have a drink.
(d) To see something that interested him.
7. Why does Rayber have a hard time walking around the town?
(a) Because Tarwater made him mad.
(b) Because of Bishop.
(c) Because it is raining.
(d) Because he limps.
8. What window does Tarwater stop in front of to look in?
(a) The toystore.
(b) The cleaners.
(c) The petstore.
(d) The bakery.
9. Who spent time in an insane asylum?
(a) The schoolteacher.
10. Who thought that everything was a "false alarm"?
11. Why did Lucette's mother travel to China and Africa?
(a) Because she was a missionary.
(b) Because she took a year off from work.
(c) Because she was trying to adopt a child.
(d) Because she was rich.
12. What is part of a "simple equation that required no further solution"?
13. Who said that their parents did not teach them anything, except "not to wet the bed"?
(b) The schoolteacher.
14. What does Tarwater say about the teachings of Mason?
(a) He says he knows better.
(b) He says it's the only truth.
(c) He says he doesn't believe any of it.
(d) He says it will set him free.
15. Who says they are "just now waking up"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Meeks think of Tarwater after driving for only a short while?
2. What does Tarwater do when he and Rayber return home from the church?
3. Why does the schoolteacher use the help of a welfare office worker?
4. What does Tarwater confuse the city lights with?
5. What does Mason want at the head of his grave?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)