|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Lucette when she began preaching?
2. Who shoots the schoolteacher?
3. What does Mason Tarwater do for a living?
(a) Shines shoes.
(d) Sells moonshine.
4. Who is Tarwater's uncle?
(a) The schoolteacher.
5. Why does Tarwater say he went to the church?
(a) To spit on it.
(b) To be saved.
(c) To be healed.
(d) To laugh at it.
6. What does Meeks do for a living?
(a) Copper flue salesman.
(d) Phonebook salesman.
7. Why does Rayber think Tarwater is headed into town the night he leaves the house?
(a) To meet with friends.
(b) To see something that interested him.
(c) To have a drink.
(d) To go to church.
8. How did Mason describe Tarwater's sister?
(a) He called her a dirty name.
(b) He called her a lost cause.
(c) He called her his favorite.
(d) He called her beautiful.
9. What does Tarwater think about Mason's property after Mason's death?
(a) He thinks about renting the place.
(b) He thinks about selling the place.
(c) He thinks about the changes he can make.
(d) He thinks about how to pay the taxes.
10. Why does Rayber leave his house at the end of chapter 4?
(a) Because of a fight.
(b) Because Tarwater was gone.
(c) Because Bishop ran away.
(d) Because he needed to go to the store.
11. Who does Tarwater hitch a ride into town with?
(c) A newspaper salesman.
12. Who did Mason convince to get a job in his sister's house?
(b) The schoolteacher.
(c) Luella Munson.
13. What feature was Tarwater unable to recall about the schoolteacher's face?
(a) His jaw.
(b) His eyes.
(c) His nose.
(d) His mouth.
14. Whose voice is the stranger's?
(c) An angry neighbor.
(d) The devil.
15. Why does Rayber have a hard time walking around the town?
(a) Because it is raining.
(b) Because he limps.
(c) Because Tarwater made him mad.
(d) Because of Bishop.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who said that their parents did not teach them anything, except "not to wet the bed"?
2. What reason does Mason give for his finding a lover for Tarwater's mother?
3. What does Tarwater do with the books, clothing, and other items the schoolteacher bought for him?
4. What does Mason tell Tarwater a benefit of living in the woods is?
5. Who says they won't get used to Tarwater?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)