|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tarwater say about burying Mason?
(a) Mason did not leave instructions.
(b) Mason was too big to bury.
(c) Mason's coffin broke.
(d) Mason wanted too fancy of a grave.
2. What does Tarwater say about the teachings of Mason?
(a) He says it will set him free.
(b) He says he knows better.
(c) He says he doesn't believe any of it.
(d) He says it's the only truth.
3. After four days with Tarwater, how does the schoolteacher feel?
(a) He feels excited.
(b) He feels unsure.
(c) He feels determined.
(d) He feels exhausted.
4. Who steals Tarwater from his crib?
(c) The schoolteacher.
5. Why does the schoolteacher use the help of a welfare office worker?
(a) To get Tarwater back.
(b) To get unemployment.
(c) To find a new job.
(d) To get child support.
6. What type of boy does Mason say Tarwater is?
(a) The type that won't understand until it's too late.
(b) The type that women will ignore.
(c) The type the devil is always going to try to assist.
(d) The type that people will take advantage of.
7. What does Mason say will burn a prophet?
8. What does Mason want at the head of his grave?
(a) A cross.
(b) An angel.
(c) A stone.
9. What does Tarwater do when Mason dies?
(a) Asks a neighbor for help.
(b) Finishes his breakfast.
(c) Calls the police.
(d) Goes into the woods.
10. Whose head was Mason "tied hand and foot inside"?
(d) The schoolteacher's.
11. Where does Mason die?
(a) In church.
(b) At the breakfast table.
(c) In bed.
(d) On his front porch.
12. What does Lucette say is coming?
(a) My Lord.
(b) The end of the world.
(d) My Word.
13. Why does Tarwater say he went to the church?
(a) To spit on it.
(b) To laugh at it.
(c) To be healed.
(d) To be saved.
14. Who spent time in an insane asylum?
(c) The schoolteacher.
15. What was the one time Mason decided to stop prophesying?
(a) When he was in the asylum.
(b) When he turned thirty.
(c) When he was an old man.
(d) When he was at the schoolteacher's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says they are "just now waking up"?
2. Why does Rayber leave his house at the end of chapter 4?
3. What does Tarwater do when Bishop tries to touch him?
4. Where was Mason kept for four years?
5. Who will inherit Mason's land?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)