|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who said that their parents did not teach them anything, except "not to wet the bed"?
(b) The schoolteacher.
2. What does Tarwater compare Bishop to when they go to the Italian restaurant?
(a) A thief.
(b) A hog.
(c) A rat.
(d) A baby.
3. Who did Mason convince to get a job in his sister's house?
(b) Luella Munson.
(d) The schoolteacher.
4. Who thought that everything was a "false alarm"?
5. What does Tarwater do with Buford's jug?
(a) Fills it with alcohol.
(b) Hides it.
(c) Dumps it out.
(d) Breaks it.
6. Whose head was Mason "tied hand and foot inside"?
(c) The schoolteacher's.
7. What does Tarwater do when Bishop tries to touch him?
(a) Tarwater reaches out his own hand.
(b) Tarwater takes a step back.
(c) Tarwater runs away.
(d) Tarwater smacks Bishops hand.
8. What does Tarwater do with the books, clothing, and other items the schoolteacher bought for him?
(a) Tarwater sells them.
(b) Tarwater ignores them.
(c) Tarwater hides them.
(d) Tarwater says thank you.
9. What does Meeks do every time Tarwater mentions Mason?
(a) He yells at Tarwater.
(b) He challenges Mason's ideas.
(c) He rolls his eyes.
(d) He agrees with Mason's ideas.
10. How did Mason describe the schoolteacher's house?
(a) A bird nest.
(b) A horse barn.
(c) A dog house.
(d) A fox hole.
11. Who has a gash in their ear?
(c) The schoolteacher.
12. What does Mason tell Tarwater about his place?
(a) Tarwater's place is the baptize children.
(b) Tarwater's place is to think and do God's will.
(c) Tarwater's place is not to think, but to act on the Lord's calling.
(d) Tarwater's place is in the house.
13. What does Tarwater do when he and Rayber return home from the church?
(a) He refuses to come inside.
(b) He stands outside the door for a moment.
(c) He goes directly to bed.
(d) He says he wants to eat.
14. What does Tarwater confuse the city lights with?
15. Who spent time in an insane asylum?
(c) The schoolteacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Meeks tell Tarwater to contact him?
2. Why does Rayber think Tarwater is headed into town the night he leaves the house?
3. What does Rayber compare Lucette to?
4. How old was Lucette when she began preaching?
5. Why does Rayber have a hard time walking around the town?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)