|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says they won't get used to Tarwater?
(c) The schoolteacher.
2. When does Meeks tell Tarwater to contact him?
(a) If he can't stay with his uncle.
(b) If he gets hungry by next week.
(c) In a month.
(d) In two days.
3. When Rayber tells Tarwater that now he has a father, how does Tarwater respond?
(a) Tarwater says he is glad.
(b) Tarwater says he didn't ask for a father.
(c) Tarwater ignores Rayber.
(d) Tarwater says he already has a father.
4. What does Tarwater do with Buford's jug?
(a) Dumps it out.
(b) Fills it with alcohol.
(c) Breaks it.
(d) Hides it.
5. What does Mason Tarwater do for a living?
(a) Shines shoes.
(c) Sells moonshine.
6. What does Tarwater confuse the city lights with?
7. What does Rayber compare Lucette to?
(a) A blinded bird.
(b) A deaf cat.
(c) A scared puppy.
(d) A baby bear.
8. When does Tarwater hear the stranger's voice?
(a) When he is raking the grass.
(b) When he is digging a grave.
(c) When he is sitting on the porch.
(d) When he is burning leaves.
9. What does Lucette wear?
(a) A black jacket.
(b) A long white dress.
(c) A man's jacket and tie.
(d) A cape and a skirt.
10. What type of boy does Mason say Tarwater is?
(a) The type that people will take advantage of.
(b) The type that won't understand until it's too late.
(c) The type that women will ignore.
(d) The type the devil is always going to try to assist.
11. What does Tarwater do when he and Rayber return home from the church?
(a) He refuses to come inside.
(b) He says he wants to eat.
(c) He stands outside the door for a moment.
(d) He goes directly to bed.
12. What small town does this story begin in?
13. Where does Mason die?
(a) In church.
(b) At the breakfast table.
(c) On his front porch.
(d) In bed.
14. Where does Bishop go to school?
(a) He does not go to school.
(b) He is homeschooled.
(c) A school in the next town.
(d) A school for exceptional children.
15. What does Rayber do as soon as he and Tarwater return home from the church?
(a) Yells at Tarwater.
(b) Makes breakfast.
(c) Goes to bed.
(d) Stays on the porch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the schoolteacher describe as "coming out of darkness into light"?
2. Who did Mason convince to get a job in his sister's house?
3. What does Tarwater do with Mason's coffin?
4. What catches Tarwater's attention in the store window when he is walking with Rayber?
5. What window does Tarwater stop in front of to look in?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)