|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the one time Mason decided to stop prophesying?
(a) When he turned thirty.
(b) When he was in the asylum.
(c) When he was an old man.
(d) When he was at the schoolteacher's house.
2. What does Tarwater do with Buford's jug?
(a) Hides it.
(b) Fills it with alcohol.
(c) Breaks it.
(d) Dumps it out.
3. Why does Rayber think Tarwater is headed into town the night he leaves the house?
(a) To go to church.
(b) To see something that interested him.
(c) To meet with friends.
(d) To have a drink.
4. Who buries Mason Tarwater?
(a) Bernice Bishop.
(b) Francis Marion.
(c) The schoolteacher.
(d) Buford Munson.
5. Where does Bishop go to school?
(a) A school for exceptional children.
(b) He does not go to school.
(c) A school in the next town.
(d) He is homeschooled.
6. What is part of a "simple equation that required no further solution"?
7. What does Tarwater compare Mason's dead eyes to?
(a) The eyes of a slave.
(b) The eyes of a devil.
(c) The eyes of the stars.
(d) The eyes of a fish.
8. What catches Tarwater's attention in the store window when he is walking with Rayber?
(a) A gun.
(b) A gold watch.
(c) A balloon.
(d) A red car.
9. Who does the schoolteacher marry?
(a) A bishop.
(d) A schoolteacher.
10. What does Tarwater say about burying Mason?
(a) Mason's coffin broke.
(b) Mason did not leave instructions.
(c) Mason was too big to bury.
(d) Mason wanted too fancy of a grave.
11. What does Tarwater do with the books, clothing, and other items the schoolteacher bought for him?
(a) Tarwater ignores them.
(b) Tarwater sells them.
(c) Tarwater hides them.
(d) Tarwater says thank you.
12. What does the schoolteacher first think when Tarwater shows up at his house?
(a) That he has won.
(b) That it is a trick.
(c) That he is in trouble.
(d) That he is selling something.
13. What does Tarwater know as soon as he sees Bishop?
(a) That he needs a bath.
(b) That the schoolteacher has been beating him.
(c) That he has to baptize him.
(d) That he needs to kidnap him.
14. Why did Lucette's mother travel to China and Africa?
(a) Because she was rich.
(b) Because she was trying to adopt a child.
(c) Because she was a missionary.
(d) Because she took a year off from work.
15. What does Mason tell Tarwater a benefit of living in the woods is?
(a) Tarwater gets his own chicken.
(b) Tarwater doesn't have to go to school.
(c) Tarwater gets to learn outdoorsman skills.
(d) Tarwater doesn't have to buy food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tarwater do when he and Rayber return home from the church?
2. What does Tarwater want to make clear to Rayber, the "schoolteacher", the morning he goes to his house?
3. What does Mason want at the head of his grave?
4. What does Rayber call the aptitude test?
5. What about Tarwater makes fury rise in Rayber?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)