|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mason tell Tarwater a benefit of living in the woods is?
(a) Tarwater gets his own chicken.
(b) Tarwater gets to learn outdoorsman skills.
(c) Tarwater doesn't have to buy food.
(d) Tarwater doesn't have to go to school.
2. What window does Tarwater stop in front of to look in?
(a) The cleaners.
(b) The bakery.
(c) The petstore.
(d) The toystore.
3. Who thought that everything was a "false alarm"?
4. The stranger's voice tells Tarwater to go where?
(a) To the shack.
(b) To town.
(c) To the woods.
(d) To the north.
5. Who said that their parents did not teach them anything, except "not to wet the bed"?
(d) The schoolteacher.
6. Where does Bishop go to school?
(a) He is homeschooled.
(b) A school for exceptional children.
(c) He does not go to school.
(d) A school in the next town.
7. Who takes the form of the devil in chapter 2?
(c) The schoolteacher.
8. What does Tarwater compare Bishop to when they go to the Italian restaurant?
(a) A baby.
(b) A thief.
(c) A rat.
(d) A hog.
9. According to the schoolteacher, what is the only thing Bishop can do?
10. Who spent time in an insane asylum?
(c) The schoolteacher.
11. What does Tarwater know as soon as he sees Bishop?
(a) That he needs to kidnap him.
(b) That he needs a bath.
(c) That the schoolteacher has been beating him.
(d) That he has to baptize him.
12. What happened after Rayber was shot by Mason?
(a) He shot back.
(b) He had Mason arrested.
(c) He started to walk with a limp.
(d) He started to lose his hearing.
13. What does Tarwater do when Mason dies?
(a) Asks a neighbor for help.
(b) Finishes his breakfast.
(c) Goes into the woods.
(d) Calls the police.
14. What does the schoolteacher describe as "coming out of darkness into light"?
(a) Getting baptized.
(b) Raising Bishop.
(c) Tarwater breaking free from Mason.
(d) Tarwater riding with Meeks.
15. What does Rayber compare Lucette to?
(a) A blinded bird.
(b) A scared puppy.
(c) A baby bear.
(d) A deaf cat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Tarwater hitch a ride into town with?
2. What reason does Mason give for his finding a lover for Tarwater's mother?
3. What does the schoolteacher first think when Tarwater shows up at his house?
4. What does Tarwater think about Mason's property after Mason's death?
5. After four days with Tarwater, how does the schoolteacher feel?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)