|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tarwater confuse the city lights with?
2. Why does Rayber leave his house at the end of chapter 4?
(a) Because of a fight.
(b) Because Tarwater was gone.
(c) Because Bishop ran away.
(d) Because he needed to go to the store.
3. What does Rayber call the aptitude test?
(b) A measure of ability.
(c) A game.
(d) Too hard for Tarwater.
4. When Rayber tells Tarwater that now he has a father, how does Tarwater respond?
(a) Tarwater says he already has a father.
(b) Tarwater says he is glad.
(c) Tarwater ignores Rayber.
(d) Tarwater says he didn't ask for a father.
5. When Rayber is watching Lucette's parents, who does he keep envisioning?
(a) The devil.
(d) His father.
6. What does Rayber compare Lucette to?
(a) A scared puppy.
(b) A baby bear.
(c) A blinded bird.
(d) A deaf cat.
7. Who said, "A dead man is not going to do you any good"?
8. What small town does this story begin in?
9. Why did Lucette's mother travel to China and Africa?
(a) Because she took a year off from work.
(b) Because she was trying to adopt a child.
(c) Because she was a missionary.
(d) Because she was rich.
10. Why does Tarwater say he went to the church?
(a) To laugh at it.
(b) To be healed.
(c) To spit on it.
(d) To be saved.
11. Who did Mason convince to get a job in his sister's house?
(b) The schoolteacher.
(c) Luella Munson.
12. When does Tarwater hear the stranger's voice?
(a) When he is digging a grave.
(b) When he is burning leaves.
(c) When he is raking the grass.
(d) When he is sitting on the porch.
13. What feature was Tarwater unable to recall about the schoolteacher's face?
(a) His eyes.
(b) His mouth.
(c) His jaw.
(d) His nose.
14. What does Meeks say he graduated with?
(a) An M.A.
(b) A high school diploma.
(c) An H.L.L. degree.
(d) A B.A.
15. How does Tarwater prove to Meeks that the schoolteacher lives in town?
(a) He makes him drive to his house.
(b) He has him pull over to ask someone.
(c) He finds him in a phonebook.
(d) He doesn't convince him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose voice is the stranger's?
2. What does Tarwater do with Buford's jug?
3. Who does the schoolteacher marry?
4. What does Mason say will burn a prophet?
5. What type of boy does Mason say Tarwater is?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)