Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says they are "just now waking up"?
2. What does Lucette wear?
(a) A black jacket.
(b) A man's jacket and tie.
(c) A cape and a skirt.
(d) A long white dress.
3. What does Tarwater do to the shack the night Mason dies?
(a) Tears it down.
(b) Sets fire to it.
(c) Builds an addition.
(d) Sells it cheaply.
4. Why did Lucette's mother travel to China and Africa?
(a) Because she was trying to adopt a child.
(b) Because she was rich.
(c) Because she was a missionary.
(d) Because she took a year off from work.
5. What reason does Mason give for his finding a lover for Tarwater's mother?
(a) To get her to move away.
(b) To get her a child.
(c) To earn money.
(d) To raise her self-confidence.
6. Why does Rayber have a hard time walking around the town?
(a) Because of Bishop.
(b) Because he limps.
(c) Because Tarwater made him mad.
(d) Because it is raining.
7. Why does the schoolteacher use the help of a welfare office worker?
(a) To get child support.
(b) To find a new job.
(c) To get unemployment.
(d) To get Tarwater back.
8. Who will inherit Mason's land?
(b) No one.
(c) The schoolteacher.
9. What is the first thing Tarwater says to the schoolteacher?
(a) That he needs to see Bishop.
(b) That Mason is dead.
(c) That he needs money.
(d) That God sent him there.
10. Who takes the form of the devil in chapter 2?
(b) The schoolteacher.
11. What does Meeks think of Tarwater after driving for only a short while?
(a) That he has a good business idea.
(b) That he is related.
(c) That he is just trying to sell him something.
(d) That he is a runaway.
12. What does Tarwater want to make clear to Rayber, the "schoolteacher", the morning he goes to his house?
(a) That he disagreed with Mason.
(b) That he is not to be studied.
(c) That he wants Bishop to be like a brother.
(d) That he needs money.
13. The stranger's voice tells Tarwater to go where?
(a) To town.
(b) To the north.
(c) To the woods.
(d) To the shack.
14. Who has a gash in their ear?
(a) The schoolteacher.
15. Who does the schoolteacher marry?
(a) A schoolteacher.
(b) A bishop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of Tarwater does Rayber see first in the beginning of chapter 5?
2. What does Rayber forget to put on the night he follows Tarwater?
3. Whose head was Mason "tied hand and foot inside"?
4. Who thought that everything was a "false alarm"?
5. Who is Tarwater's uncle?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)