|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who thought that everything was a "false alarm"?
2. Whose head was Mason "tied hand and foot inside"?
(b) The schoolteacher's.
3. What does Mason tell Tarwater about his place?
(a) Tarwater's place is in the house.
(b) Tarwater's place is to think and do God's will.
(c) Tarwater's place is the baptize children.
(d) Tarwater's place is not to think, but to act on the Lord's calling.
4. What does Tarwater compare Mason's dead eyes to?
(a) The eyes of a fish.
(b) The eyes of a devil.
(c) The eyes of a slave.
(d) The eyes of the stars.
5. Why did Lucette's mother travel to China and Africa?
(a) Because she took a year off from work.
(b) Because she was a missionary.
(c) Because she was trying to adopt a child.
(d) Because she was rich.
6. Why does Rayber have a hard time walking around the town?
(a) Because it is raining.
(b) Because of Bishop.
(c) Because Tarwater made him mad.
(d) Because he limps.
7. What does Mason say will burn a prophet?
8. How did Mason describe the schoolteacher's house?
(a) A horse barn.
(b) A bird nest.
(c) A fox hole.
(d) A dog house.
9. Who has a gash in their ear?
(c) The schoolteacher.
10. Who said that their parents did not teach them anything, except "not to wet the bed"?
(b) The schoolteacher.
11. What part of Tarwater does Rayber see first in the beginning of chapter 5?
(a) His hat.
(b) His shoes.
(c) His chin.
(d) His teeth.
12. What small town does this story begin in?
13. How old was Lucette when she began preaching?
14. What does Tarwater know as soon as he sees Bishop?
(a) That the schoolteacher has been beating him.
(b) That he needs to kidnap him.
(c) That he needs a bath.
(d) That he has to baptize him.
15. What does Rayber do as soon as he and Tarwater return home from the church?
(a) Goes to bed.
(b) Makes breakfast.
(c) Stays on the porch.
(d) Yells at Tarwater.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Meeks drives with Tarwater, what does he consider doing with Tarwater?
2. Why does Tarwater say he went to the church?
3. What does Mason Tarwater do for a living?
4. Where was Mason kept for four years?
5. Where does Bishop go to school?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)