|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the schoolteacher marry?
(a) A schoolteacher.
(d) A bishop.
2. Who says they are free?
3. What does Rayber call the aptitude test?
(b) Too hard for Tarwater.
(c) A measure of ability.
(d) A game.
4. The stranger's voice tells Tarwater to go where?
(a) To the north.
(b) To the woods.
(c) To town.
(d) To the shack.
5. How did Mason describe Tarwater's sister?
(a) He called her his favorite.
(b) He called her a dirty name.
(c) He called her beautiful.
(d) He called her a lost cause.
6. What does Tarwater think about Mason's property after Mason's death?
(a) He thinks about selling the place.
(b) He thinks about the changes he can make.
(c) He thinks about how to pay the taxes.
(d) He thinks about renting the place.
7. Where does Mason die?
(a) In bed.
(b) At the breakfast table.
(c) On his front porch.
(d) In church.
8. What does Tarwater do with Mason's coffin?
(a) He burns it.
(b) He buries Mason in it.
(c) He does not use it.
(d) He rebuilds it.
9. As Meeks drives with Tarwater, what does he consider doing with Tarwater?
(a) Meeks considers letting Tarwater stay with his family.
(b) Meeks considers taking Tarwater to an institution.
(c) Meeks considers using Tarwater in his business.
(d) Meeks considers dropping Tarwater off on the side of the road.
10. When Rayber is watching Lucette's parents, who does he keep envisioning?
(c) The devil.
(d) His father.
11. Who has a gash in their ear?
(d) The schoolteacher.
12. What does Tarwater know as soon as he sees Bishop?
(a) That the schoolteacher has been beating him.
(b) That he needs to kidnap him.
(c) That he needs a bath.
(d) That he has to baptize him.
13. What does Tarwater do with the books, clothing, and other items the schoolteacher bought for him?
(a) Tarwater sells them.
(b) Tarwater ignores them.
(c) Tarwater says thank you.
(d) Tarwater hides them.
14. What part of Tarwater does Rayber see first in the beginning of chapter 5?
(a) His hat.
(b) His shoes.
(c) His chin.
(d) His teeth.
15. What does Meeks do for a living?
(a) Phonebook salesman.
(d) Copper flue salesman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Lucette's mother travel to China and Africa?
2. What does Rayber compare Lucette to?
3. What is part of a "simple equation that required no further solution"?
4. Who does Tarwater smile like?
5. Who buries Mason Tarwater?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)