|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the schoolteacher first think when Tarwater shows up at his house?
(a) That he has won.
(b) That he is selling something.
(c) That it is a trick.
(d) That he is in trouble.
2. What does Meeks say he graduated with?
(a) An H.L.L. degree.
(b) An M.A.
(c) A high school diploma.
(d) A B.A.
3. What does Mason Tarwater do for a living?
(a) Shines shoes.
(d) Sells moonshine.
4. Who does the schoolteacher marry?
(a) A schoolteacher.
(b) A bishop.
5. Who takes the form of the devil in chapter 2?
(a) The schoolteacher.
6. Why does Rayber have a hard time walking around the town?
(a) Because of Bishop.
(b) Because he limps.
(c) Because it is raining.
(d) Because Tarwater made him mad.
7. What window does Tarwater stop in front of to look in?
(a) The toystore.
(b) The bakery.
(c) The petstore.
(d) The cleaners.
8. Why does Tarwater say he went to the church?
(a) To spit on it.
(b) To be healed.
(c) To laugh at it.
(d) To be saved.
9. Why did Lucette's mother travel to China and Africa?
(a) Because she was a missionary.
(b) Because she was rich.
(c) Because she was trying to adopt a child.
(d) Because she took a year off from work.
10. What does the banner say on the building Rayber thinks Tarwater went into late at night?
(a) "The time has come."
(b) "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."
(c) "Unless ye be born again."
(d) "Pray ye, for all."
11. What reason does Mason give for his finding a lover for Tarwater's mother?
(a) To get her a child.
(b) To get her to move away.
(c) To raise her self-confidence.
(d) To earn money.
12. Whose voice is the stranger's?
(a) An angry neighbor.
(d) The devil.
13. What does Tarwater think about Mason's property after Mason's death?
(a) He thinks about the changes he can make.
(b) He thinks about renting the place.
(c) He thinks about how to pay the taxes.
(d) He thinks about selling the place.
14. When Rayber is watching Lucette's parents, who does he keep envisioning?
(a) His father.
(c) The devil.
15. How old was Lucette when she began preaching?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tarwater prove to Meeks that the schoolteacher lives in town?
2. When does Tarwater hear the stranger's voice?
3. What was the one time Mason decided to stop prophesying?
4. Who has a gash in their ear?
5. How did Mason describe the schoolteacher's house?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)