|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the one time Mason decided to stop prophesying?
(a) When he was in the asylum.
(b) When he was at the schoolteacher's house.
(c) When he was an old man.
(d) When he turned thirty.
2. What does Lucette wear?
(a) A cape and a skirt.
(b) A black jacket.
(c) A man's jacket and tie.
(d) A long white dress.
3. What does Rayber call the aptitude test?
(a) A measure of ability.
(c) Too hard for Tarwater.
(d) A game.
4. What does the schoolteacher describe as "coming out of darkness into light"?
(a) Tarwater riding with Meeks.
(b) Tarwater breaking free from Mason.
(c) Getting baptized.
(d) Raising Bishop.
5. What does Tarwater confuse the city lights with?
6. Who did Mason convince to get a job in his sister's house?
(b) The schoolteacher.
(d) Luella Munson.
7. The stranger's voice tells Tarwater to go where?
(a) To the woods.
(b) To the shack.
(c) To town.
(d) To the north.
8. Whose voice is the stranger's?
(c) An angry neighbor.
(d) The devil.
9. How does Tarwater prove to Meeks that the schoolteacher lives in town?
(a) He makes him drive to his house.
(b) He doesn't convince him.
(c) He finds him in a phonebook.
(d) He has him pull over to ask someone.
10. Who says they won't get used to Tarwater?
(d) The schoolteacher.
11. Whose head was Mason "tied hand and foot inside"?
(d) The schoolteacher's.
12. What happened after Rayber was shot by Mason?
(a) He had Mason arrested.
(b) He started to walk with a limp.
(c) He shot back.
(d) He started to lose his hearing.
13. Who says they are "just now waking up"?
14. What catches Tarwater's attention in the store window when he is walking with Rayber?
(a) A balloon.
(b) A gun.
(c) A red car.
(d) A gold watch.
15. Who said that their parents did not teach them anything, except "not to wet the bed"?
(d) The schoolteacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why would Mason leave for days at a time into the woods?
2. How did Mason describe the schoolteacher's house?
3. What does Mason Tarwater do for a living?
4. When Rayber is watching Lucette's parents, who does he keep envisioning?
5. According to the schoolteacher, what is the only thing Bishop can do?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)