Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Chapter 1
1. Why does Buford come to Mason's shack in the beginning of chapter 1?
2. What things does Mason teach Tarwater?
3. Why does Mason try to kidnap Bishop?
4. Why does Tarwater balk at Mason's directions for burying him?
5. How does Mason feel Rayber insulted him?
6. When Tarwater is digging the grave for Mason, what does he think of Rayber?
7. What does the stranger's voice tell Tarwater about burying Mason?
This section contains 815 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)