|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the banner say on the building Rayber thinks Tarwater went into late at night?
(a) "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."
(b) "Unless ye be born again."
(c) "The time has come."
(d) "Pray ye, for all."
2. What does Meeks do every time Tarwater mentions Mason?
(a) He agrees with Mason's ideas.
(b) He challenges Mason's ideas.
(c) He rolls his eyes.
(d) He yells at Tarwater.
3. What about Tarwater makes fury rise in Rayber?
(a) The way he does not care about the new clothes.
(b) The way he is independent.
(c) The way he eats.
(d) The way he follows him around the house.
4. What part of Tarwater does Rayber see first in the beginning of chapter 5?
(a) His chin.
(b) His hat.
(c) His teeth.
(d) His shoes.
5. Who steals Tarwater from his crib?
(b) The schoolteacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Meeks say he graduated with?
2. Who buries Mason Tarwater?
3. What does Tarwater do to the shack the night Mason dies?
4. Why does Tarwater drop the knocker at the schoolteacher's house?
5. What feature was Tarwater unable to recall about the schoolteacher's face?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)