|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of boy does Mason say Tarwater is?
(a) The type that won't understand until it's too late.
(b) The type the devil is always going to try to assist.
(c) The type that women will ignore.
(d) The type that people will take advantage of.
2. Who says they are "just now waking up"?
3. What does Mason Tarwater do for a living?
(a) Shines shoes.
(d) Sells moonshine.
4. Who says they won't get used to Tarwater?
(a) The schoolteacher.
5. What does the banner say on the building Rayber thinks Tarwater went into late at night?
(a) "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."
(b) "The time has come."
(c) "Pray ye, for all."
(d) "Unless ye be born again."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Meeks think of Tarwater after driving for only a short while?
2. What catches Tarwater's attention in the store window when he is walking with Rayber?
3. Who takes the form of the devil in chapter 2?
4. Who shoots the schoolteacher?
5. What does Tarwater do to the shack the night Mason dies?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)