|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tarwater want to make clear to Rayber, the "schoolteacher", the morning he goes to his house?
(a) That he disagreed with Mason.
(b) That he needs money.
(c) That he wants Bishop to be like a brother.
(d) That he is not to be studied.
2. What does Tarwater compare Mason's dead eyes to?
(a) The eyes of the stars.
(b) The eyes of a fish.
(c) The eyes of a devil.
(d) The eyes of a slave.
3. According to the voice, what's the only reason Mason wanted Tarwater?
(a) So someone would take over the business.
(b) So someone would give him a Christian burial.
(c) So someone would keep him company.
(d) So someone would have to pay his taxes.
4. What does Meeks think of Tarwater after driving for only a short while?
(a) That he has a good business idea.
(b) That he is just trying to sell him something.
(c) That he is a runaway.
(d) That he is related.
5. How does Tarwater prove to Meeks that the schoolteacher lives in town?
(a) He finds him in a phonebook.
(b) He doesn't convince him.
(c) He has him pull over to ask someone.
(d) He makes him drive to his house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Mason give for his finding a lover for Tarwater's mother?
2. Who has a gash in their ear?
3. What small town does this story begin in?
4. What does Tarwater know as soon as he sees Bishop?
5. Whose voice is the stranger's?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)