|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the banner say on the building Rayber thinks Tarwater went into late at night?
(a) "The time has come."
(b) "Pray ye, for all."
(c) "Unless ye be born again."
(d) "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."
2. What does Mason Tarwater do for a living?
(b) Sells moonshine.
(c) Shines shoes.
3. What does Meeks say he graduated with?
(a) A B.A.
(b) An H.L.L. degree.
(c) An M.A.
(d) A high school diploma.
4. What does Tarwater eat for lunch before fishing?
(b) Cheese and wine.
(c) Hot dogs and whiskey.
(d) Barbeque buns and beer.
5. What does Tarwater do with Mason's coffin?
(a) He does not use it.
(b) He buries Mason in it.
(c) He burns it.
(d) He rebuilds it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mason describe the end of the world?
2. What does Tarwater do with Buford's jug?
3. Who says they are "going on about (their) bidnis"?
4. What is part of a "simple equation that required no further solution"?
5. What does Tarwater's long face remind Rayber of?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)