|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Richard Howard, Adrienne Rich, Gary Snyder, Sylvia Plath, and Mark Strand.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who served as the first Poet Laureate of the United States?
2. Sylvia Plath wrote a poem in honor of God's lioness _____.
3. In what year was the position established?
4. Which poet wrote the "Autumn Shade" series?
5. Which poet was the first director of the literary programs at the National Endowment for the Arts?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the poets had a Hasidic Russian rabbi for a father?
2. Which of the poets wrote a piece titled, "The Sheep Child?"
3. The poem "Planetarium" was written in honor of which astronomer?
4. Which series of numbers is in the poem titled, "A Century of Epigrams?"
5. Which poet was born in Ohio?
This section contains 137 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)