|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Richard Howard, Adrienne Rich, Gary Snyder, Sylvia Plath, and Mark Strand.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of the poets worked as a consultant to the Library of Congress?
(b) Van Duyn.
2. "Amusing Our Daughters" was written to which of the poet's family members?
3. Which poet was the first director of the literary programs at the National Endowment for the Arts?
4. Gary Snyder focuses a lot of his work around which topic?
5. Which of the poets was a high school football star?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which poet was born in Ohio?
2. Justice writes a poem about a lone reader waiting in a _____ at dusk.
3. Merrill was known for writing in which type of verse?
4. "The Tourist from Syracuse" was inspired by the writing of which author?
5. Where is the Jain Bird Hospital located?
This section contains 155 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)