|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the late 1960's, why was Rex becoming dissatisfied?
2. What is painless but causes a victim to die a year later?
3. Who does Frenesi visit frequently while pregnant with Prairie?
4. What does Rex do with his prized sports car?
5. Who explains the terms of his deal to Zoyd?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is the College of the Surf located?
2. What happens to Frenesi during and right after her pregnancy with Prairie?
3. What deal does Prairie make with the leader of the Sisters and where does she start?
4. What does Prairie find in the Sisterhood's computer database?
5. How does DL become associated with martial arts?
6. What is the place that DL takes Prairie to?
7. Who sets Zoyd up to be arrested with marijuana and why?
8. How do Hector and Vond arrange to keep tabs on Zoyd?
9. Why does Sasha suggest to Zoyd that he take Prairie to Vineland?
10. By the year 1984, what and where is Weed Atman?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does DL become involved with Takeshi? What event precipitates DL's year long association with Takeshi? What does she do accidentally to Takeshi and who was supposed to be on the receiving end instead? Who manages to help him out afterward? What do they insist DL do to make amends?
Essay Topic 2
What compound does DL take Prairie to? Who runs the compound and what purpose is there for its existence? Why is Sister Rochelle skeptical of DL, and what decision does she make despite her reservations. What is Prairie tasked to do there, and in return, what is she given access to?
Essay Topic 3
Who does Prairie meet as a result of this item and where does this meeting take place? Who does this person introduce Prairie to, and why? What conclusion does Prairie come to, and where does she allow this person to take her to next? What special skills do these people have that make Prairie feel safe with them?
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)