|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Prairie see for the first time on the film footage from the early 1960's?
2. What does Weed's wife Jinx grudgingly accept?
3. What is Wayvone's plan for DL?
4. What lie does Frenesi tell Rex?
5. Why can Vond not use his resources to look for Frenesi after she escapes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What deal does Prairie make with the leader of the Sisters and where does she start?
2. What happens to DL after she refuses to help Wayvone kill Brock Vond?
3. What is Brock's political philosophy?
4. Why does Sasha suggest to Zoyd that he take Prairie to Vineland?
5. By the year 1984, what and where is Weed Atman?
6. What is the place that DL takes Prairie to?
7. Why does Zoyd agree to the deal that Vond offers him?
8. What political changes does the College of the Surf go through?
9. What happens when DL tries to put Wayvone's plan into action?
10. What kind of behavior is revealed by the group, who is frustrated by it, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Isaiah Two Four? What group is he a part of? What does he want from Zoyd, and why is Zoyd so sure that he is unable to provide it for him? What does Zoyd suggest that Isaiah do instead? Does Isaiah take him up on it? What is the outcome?
Essay Topic 2
How does DL become involved with Takeshi? What event precipitates DL's year long association with Takeshi? What does she do accidentally to Takeshi and who was supposed to be on the receiving end instead? Who manages to help him out afterward? What do they insist DL do to make amends?
Essay Topic 3
How does Frenesi see Brock? What characteristics does she believe he has? How does she believe that her association with him will alter him and be of benefit to him? What is the common mistake she makes that many women make in relationships? Is she likely to succeed in her efforts? Why or why not?
This section contains 961 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)