|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is on the business card Zoyd is given?
2. What does the Captain offer passengers as compensation for the inconvenience?
3. What is the disguised name they go in with?
4. According to Hector, what else has the soldier taken from Zoyd?
5. What is different this year about the glass window?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in the bathroom that reveals the existence of the special business card that Zoyd gave Prairie from Takeshi Fumimota?
2. What does DL do to help Prairie?
3. What kind of trouble is Frenesi Gates in?
4. Who is Zoyd approached by first in the Log Jam and how?
5. What does the Captain tell the passengers on his flight when the military type personnel board, and how does he attempt to justify or explain their presence?
6. What does Prairie do that makes Zoyd suspicious?
7. What is more disconcerting to Zoyd than even his daughter's choice of boyfriend right now?
8. Why is Hector choosing now to come back into Zoyd's life?
9. How do the actions that occur on the flight to Hawaii speak to a general theme surrounding some of the businesses that Zoyd is surrounded by or involved in?
10. Why does Zoyd find his request funny and what does he recommend instead?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Brock do in a last ditched effort to interfere in Frenesi's life? Who does he approach at the Traverse family reunion and what outrageous claim does he make? How is his claim received and what is the response he gets? Why is he unable to finish what he starts? Who interrupts him and why?
Essay Topic 2
What is DL reluctant to share with Prairie? What compromise does she make? What information is Prairie looking for? Why does DL warn her about where learning more about her mother Frenesi is concerned? Why does DL think that Prairie should proceed with caution?
Essay Topic 3
Why is Zoyd less than pleased to see Hector Zuniga? What does he associate Hector with? Why doesn't Zoyd trust Zuniga? Who does Zuniga take orders from? What is Hector's position and how does it relate to the reason Zoyd is estranged from his ex-wife, Frenesi?
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)