|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of car does DL drive?
2. Where does Zoyd call Prairie and tell her to wait?
3. What worries Zoyd more than his daughter's choice of boyfriends?
4. Where do Frenesi and Gates live at this point in time?
5. According to Hector, what else has the soldier taken from Zoyd?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Isaiah Two Four and what does he want?
2. What complications arise when Flash gets nervous and tells Frenesi to cash their latest check as soon as possible?
3. What organization is Hector hiding from and why?
4. Who is Zoyd approached by first in the Log Jam and how?
5. Why does Zoyd find his request funny and what does he recommend instead?
6. What kind of trouble is Frenesi Gates in?
7. What does Zoyd learn on this trip into the hills to pick up the crawfish?
8. What is Zoyd's first indication that there have been some rude updates at the Log Jam?
9. Despite the new life that Frenesi has, her new husband Flash, and their son Justin, what does Frenesi spend a great deal of time thinking about?
10. What changes are made to Zoyd's plans to affirm his qualification for mental health benefits?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Flash? What is his connection to Frenesi? What is the result of this connection? Where are they when a Marshall shows up at their front door? What message does he convey? How does Flash react to the Marshall's presence at their home? What does Flash want Frenesi to do? What does Frenesi find out?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Zoyd go to Hawaii? How does he earn his way there? What is odd about the flights that is different from the usual commercial flights? How does Frenesi react when she sees Zoyd? What kind of encounter to do they have, and what does Frenesi do immediately afterward? How does this affect Zoyd and what is his reaction? What is the hotel manager afraid of?
Essay Topic 3
What is the government organization that cures people who are addicted to television? What does the acronym NEVER stand for? What effect does the 'cure' have on Hector? What evidence reveals the extent of his cure? What forces are at work in this project? How does NEVER compare to other projects that are described in the novel?
This section contains 1,023 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)