Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Madame Beck make Lucy stay upstairs translating a letter on M. Paul's last day?
2. What is the Faubourg Clotilde?
3. What is M. Paul most worried about leaving Lucy at the Rue Fossette when he leaves?
4. Paulina takes something from both her father and Graham to put into her locket. What does she put in her locket?
5. Who does Ginevra end up eloping with?
Essay Topic 1
In the early chapters of the book we find Lucy alone and hopeless. At the end of the book we find Lucy still somewhat alone, but no longer hopeless. Who or what plays a role in Lucy moving from a place of hopelessness to a place of hope? Describe how Lucy gains hope throughout her journey in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Foreshadowing is an element of literature that can be seen in several relationships throughout the novel. Describe the idea of foreshadowing; provide three examples of foreshadowing that can be found in Villette and explain why these examples can be seen as foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 3
The fear of being alone or forgotten seems to haunt Lucy. Give at least three examples of Lucy's fear of being alone and/or forgotten. How did this fear affect certain relationships that Lucy has? How does her fear affect her view of her life? Why do you think this fear exists for Lucy?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)