Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Madame Beck make Lucy stay upstairs translating a letter on M. Paul's last day?
2. What is the Faubourg Clotilde?
3. What is M. Paul most worried about leaving Lucy at the Rue Fossette when he leaves?
4. Paulina takes something from both her father and Graham to put into her locket. What does she put in her locket?
5. Who does Ginevra end up eloping with?
Essay Topic 1
Lucy has significant relationships with both Paulina and Ginevra in the story. The reader can see, in the latter part of the novel, Lucy comparing the characters of Paulina and Ginevra to one another, and declaring one of them a better person than the other. Please compare and contrast Paulina and Ginevra's characters, give examples from the book, then explain which character you like more and why.
Essay Topic 2
M. Paul seems to bring out facets of Lucy's personality that others cannot and that Lucy was not aware that she had or could have. Give three examples of this scenario and describe what M. Paul does to bring these character traits out in Lucy. Why might he be able to bring these character traits out in Lucy?
Essay Topic 3
The theme of womanhood is prevalent throughout the novel with two main types of womanhood being illustrated through the characters of Paulina and Ginevra. Describe the different types womanhood that these characters represent by using examples from the book.
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)