Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Madame Beck make Lucy stay upstairs translating a letter on M. Paul's last day?
2. What is the Faubourg Clotilde?
3. What is M. Paul most worried about leaving Lucy at the Rue Fossette when he leaves?
4. Paulina takes something from both her father and Graham to put into her locket. What does she put in her locket?
5. Who does Ginevra end up eloping with?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the relationship triangle that exists between Paulina, Graham, and Mr. Home. Which relationship holds the most tension? Which person is at the center of the triangle? How does the relationship triangle get resolved toward the end of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Give three examples of Lucy's attempts or actions taken toward her own independence. How does Lucy's quest for independence mirror or differ from your own? Please give at least two examples of the similarities or differences.
Essay Topic 3
Do you agree or disagree with this statement: Madame Beck is an antagonist in the story of Villette? Defend your answer in three parts, and use at least one example from the book for each argument.
This section contains 1,284 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)