Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Madame Beck make Lucy stay upstairs translating a letter on M. Paul's last day?
2. What is the Faubourg Clotilde?
3. What is M. Paul most worried about leaving Lucy at the Rue Fossette when he leaves?
4. Paulina takes something from both her father and Graham to put into her locket. What does she put in her locket?
5. Who does Ginevra end up eloping with?
Essay Topic 1
Lucy has significant relationships with both Paulina and Ginevra in the story. The reader can see, in the latter part of the novel, Lucy comparing the characters of Paulina and Ginevra to one another, and declaring one of them a better person than the other. Please compare and contrast Paulina and Ginevra's characters, give examples from the book, then explain which character you like more and why.
Essay Topic 2
Symbolism is a common occurrence in the story. Please explain the idea of symbolism and explain what a symbol is. Explain why a symbol may be seen negatively by one group or individual and positively by another group or individual. Choose one example from the story and explain how this example displays symbolism.
Essay Topic 3
The literary element of conflict is found throughout Lucy's story. Please define conflict as a literary function. Describe the following three types of conflict and give one example from the story for each of these types of conflict:
1) Man vs. man.
2) Man vs. self.
3) Man vs. society.
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)