|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lucy returns to her room from the fete-night, what does she find sitting on her bed?
2. Lucy sees Ginevra close to the end of her honeymoon. How does Lucy describe Ginevra at this time?
3. Lucy continues to observe Graham and Paulina together. What is Paulina's presence doing for Graham?
4. While Lucy is walking alone through the park on an April day, who does she spy?
5. How does M. Paul react when he receives Lucy's gift for his fete-day?
Essay Topic 1
Foreshadowing is an element of literature that can be seen in several relationships throughout the novel. Describe the idea of foreshadowing; provide three examples of foreshadowing that can be found in Villette and explain why these examples can be seen as foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 2
Lucy is considered a dynamic character in the story of Villette. Describe what a dynamic character is and why Lucy fulfills the requirements to be considered a dynamic character. In contrast, explain what a static character is and provide one example of such a character that can be found in the story.
Essay Topic 3
Paulina and Lucy are close friends by the end of the novel; however, their life experiences are drastically different. Compare Lucy and Paulina's character traits. Compare and contrast Lucy and Paulina's life circumstances? What about Lucy and Paulina's characters seem to draw them into friendship?
This section contains 1,279 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)