Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Madame Beck make Lucy stay upstairs translating a letter on M. Paul's last day?
2. What is the Faubourg Clotilde?
3. What is M. Paul most worried about leaving Lucy at the Rue Fossette when he leaves?
4. Paulina takes something from both her father and Graham to put into her locket. What does she put in her locket?
5. Who does Ginevra end up eloping with?
M. Paul seems to bring out facets of Lucy's personality that others cannot and that Lucy was not aware that she had or could have. Give three examples of this scenario and describe what M. Paul does to bring these character traits out in Lucy. Why might he be able to bring these character traits out in Lucy?
Pick one chapter that you believe contains a pivotal moment in Lucy's life and could have changed the course of her story. Why do you feel this chapter was so crucial to Lucy's story? What other choices could she have made at that point? Would those choices have drastically changed the course of her story? Please use examples or quotes from the chapter you choose.
Symbolism is a common occurrence in the story. Please explain the idea of symbolism and explain what a symbol is. Explain why a symbol may be seen negatively by one group or individual and positively by another group or individual. Choose one example from the story and explain how this example displays symbolism.
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)