|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the years pass, what news does Lucy hear of Ginevra's marriage?
(a) Rumors of debts and dishonor.
(b) That Ginevra's husband dies.
(c) That they lose their baby daughter.
(d) Stories of great fortune and wealth.
2. Two associates from the college are at La Rue Fossette to test Lucy. Why?
(a) Because Lucy wants to be in college.
(b) Because M. Paul wants Lucy to leave .
(c) Because of an essay M. Paul gave them.
(d) Because Lucy wanted to be tested.
3. In the end of the book, Lucy tells the readers that the skies are darkening and that many ships have been lost to the sea. Lucy never confirms that M. Paul returned to her. What does this leave the reader to infer?
(a) M. Paul is not coming home via ship.
(b) Lucy no longer loves M. Paul.
(c) M. Paul's ship was lost at sea.
(d) M. Paul decided to stay abroad.
4. What does M. Paul say when he joins Lucy in the alley and notices her pale coloring?
(a) She looks pretty.
(b) She needs looking after.
(c) She should try to sleep more.
(d) She should spend more time outside.
5. When Ginevra's husband leaves the army, where do they go?
(a) They live abroad.
(b) They move back to La Rue Fossette.
(c) They remain in Villette.
(d) They go to another part of France.
Short Answer Questions
1. Paulina takes something from both her father and Graham to put into her locket. What does she put in her locket?
2. What gift did Lucy take time making for M. Paul?
3. When Paulina tells her father about her love for Graham, how does he respond?
4. Madame Beck tells Lucy that M. Paul cannot marry. How does Lucy respond to this?
5. Who is afraid to take messages to M. Paul because of his temper issues?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)