|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ginevra end up eloping with?
(a) de Hamal.
(b) Pire Silas.
(c) Dr. Bretton.
2. In Chapter 29, Mrs. Bretton sends a note to Lucy. What does the note say?
(a) She would like Lucy to attend a lecture with her.
(b) She just wants to say hello.
(c) She wants to let Lucy know she is leaving.
(d) She tells Lucy she is sick.
3. In Chapter 38, who interrupts Lucy and M. Paul in the garden as he is holding her hand and is just about to tell her something?
(b) Pire Silas and Madame Beck.
(d) Graham and Paulina.
4. When Paulina tells her father about her love for Graham, how does he respond?
(a) He does not know who Graham is.
(b) He criticizes Graham.
(c) He thinks that it is great.
(d) He is glad to get rid of her.
5. How does M. Paul react when he receives Lucy's gift for his fete-day?
(a) He does not like it .
(b) He is very pleased.
(c) He does not care either way.
(d) He is embarrassed.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Madame Walravens respond to Madame Beck's gift?
2. What is the name of the ship that M. Paul will be taking when he leaves Europe?
3. Lucy takes a walk and begins to think about ways to become more independent. What is her idea for independence?
4. What is the Faubourg Clotilde?
5. Who does Lucy see leaving Madame Walravens house when she is visiting on behalf of Madame Beck?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do others feel about M. Paul and Lucy's relationship in light of their differing religious views?
2. Why doesn't Lucy want to take the public examination?
3. How does Ginevra's uncle respond to her elopement?
4. What shift do we see in M. Paul and Lucy's relationship while they are in the country for breakfast?
5. Why does M. Paul show Lucy's essay to his colleagues?
6. Why is Lucy hesitant to let M. Paul in as a close friend?
7. Why does M. Paul have a study at the boys' college?
8. Why is Zylie so interested in M. Paul?
9. Why is Rosine afraid to take a message to M. Paul?
10. Lucy sees her friends the Brettons and de Bassompierre's at the fete-night and overhears their conversation. What is said and how does it make Lucy feel?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)