|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As M. Paul and Lucy walk together in the alley, what do they see coming out of a tree?
(a) A boy from the college.
(b) A bat.
(c) The nun.
2. When Lucy returns to her room from the fete-night, what does she find sitting on her bed?
(a) A threatening note from Justine Marie.
(b) The watchguard she made for M. Paul.
(c) The nun's clothes with a note for Lucy.
(d) A goodbye love letter from M. Paul.
3. Two associates from the college are at La Rue Fossette to test Lucy. Why?
(a) Because Lucy wanted to be tested.
(b) Because of an essay M. Paul gave them.
(c) Because M. Paul wants Lucy to leave .
(d) Because Lucy wants to be in college.
4. In Chapter 38, who interrupts Lucy and M. Paul in the garden as he is holding her hand and is just about to tell her something?
(a) Graham and Paulina.
(d) Pire Silas and Madame Beck.
5. The morning after the festival, Ginevra has gone missing. Where did she go?
(a) She was kidnapped.
(b) She eloped.
(c) She went back home.
(d) She decided to go with M. Paul.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Lucy is walking alone through the park on an April day, who does she spy?
2. How does Madame Walravens respond to Madame Beck's gift?
3. What is the Faubourg Clotilde?
4. When Lucy speaks with M. de Bassompierre about Paulina and Dr. Bretton's feelings for one another, what does she say to try to encourage M. de Bassompierre?
5. What does Paulina tell Lucy she received from Graham when traveling across France with her father?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Rosine afraid to take a message to M. Paul?
2. How does Lucy feel about Pire Silas when she is first interacting with him?
3. How does M. de Bassompierre react when Graham speaks with him about Paulina?
4. When Lucy sees M. Paul arrive at the fete night with Justine Marie, what does she think?
5. Lucy sees her friends the Brettons and de Bassompierre's at the fete-night and overhears their conversation. What is said and how does it make Lucy feel?
6. Why is Paulina afraid to tell her father that she is in love with Graham?
7. Why does M. Paul have a study at the boys' college?
8. How does M. Paul respond to Lucy breaking his glasses?
9. What explanation does Ginevra give Lucy about the nun?
10. In Chapter 31, Lucy is trying to create a plan to gain more independence, what is her plan?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)