|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lucy takes a walk and begins to think about ways to become more independent. What is her idea for independence?
(a) Getting married.
(b) Opening her own school.
(c) Running away to another country.
(d) Opening her own shops.
2. Lucy sees Ginevra close to the end of her honeymoon. How does Lucy describe Ginevra at this time?
(a) Scared to be a wife.
(b) Beautiful and happy.
(c) Happy but very tired.
(d) Regretting her elopment.
3. Visually, how does Lucy describe the town square where Madame Walravens lives?
(a) Very high class.
(c) Bright and cheerful.
4. Lucy tries to deliver a note to M. Paul during his class, and in the process breaks something of his. What does she break?
(a) A glass vase.
(b) His lunettes.
(c) His pencil.
(d) The classroom door.
5. As M. Paul and Lucy walk together in the alley, what do they see coming out of a tree?
(a) The nun.
(c) A boy from the college.
(d) A bat.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Lucy and M. Paul are speaking together in the country, what does M. Paul call Lucy?
2. Why is Paulina initially nervous to speak with Lucy about her feelings for Graham?
3. What gift did Lucy take time making for M. Paul?
4. Paulina asks Lucy her opinion of Graham. What does Lucy say about Graham?
5. Who seems to have her eye on M. Paul as a potential husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Paulina afraid to tell her father that she is in love with Graham?
2. How does M. Paul respond to Lucy's jealousy about Justine Marie?
3. When M. Paul comes to say farewell to Lucy, in what state does he find her?
4. When Lucy sees M. Paul arrive at the fete night with Justine Marie, what does she think?
5. Why doesn't Lucy give M. Paul his watchguard at first?
6. Why did M. Paul drive Madame Panache out of La Rue Fossette?
7. Why does M. Paul show Lucy's essay to his colleagues?
8. What rumors has Lucy heard that may be the reason behind M. Paul's departure from Europe?
9. Does Lucy believe that the older Paulina is a good person?
10. Why is Rosine afraid to take a message to M. Paul?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)