|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lucy sees Ginevra close to the end of her honeymoon. How does Lucy describe Ginevra at this time?
(a) Regretting her elopment.
(b) Beautiful and happy.
(c) Happy but very tired.
(d) Scared to be a wife.
2. Who seems to have her eye on M. Paul as a potential husband?
(a) Mrs. Bretton.
(b) Zylie St. Pierre.
3. Lucy tries to deliver a note to M. Paul during his class, and in the process breaks something of his. What does she break?
(a) The classroom door.
(b) His lunettes.
(c) A glass vase.
(d) His pencil.
4. When Paulina tells her father about her love for Graham, how does he respond?
(a) He does not know who Graham is.
(b) He thinks that it is great.
(c) He criticizes Graham.
(d) He is glad to get rid of her.
5. What teacher leaves the school because of M. Paul and his fussing?
(b) Madame Panache.
(c) Madame Beck.
Short Answer Questions
1. What excuse does M. Paul try to use to convince Lucy to take the public examination?
2. Who works with Madame Beck to tell Lucy about M. Paul's situation with Madame Walravens?
3. Who secretly leaves books and pamphlets in Lucy's desk for her to read?
4. When Ginevra's husband leaves the army, where do they go?
5. When M. Paul asks Lucy to write down his stories, what excuse does she offer for not being able to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does M. Paul respond to Lucy's jealousy about Justine Marie?
2. Why is Lucy hesitant to let M. Paul in as a close friend?
3. How does M. Paul respond to Lucy breaking his glasses?
4. Describe Madame Walravens.
5. How does Lucy feel about Pire Silas when she is first interacting with him?
6. Lucy sees her friends the Brettons and de Bassompierre's at the fete-night and overhears their conversation. What is said and how does it make Lucy feel?
7. Why does M. Paul have a study at the boys' college?
8. What are three things that Lucy does in the three years M. Paul is gone?
9. Why did M. Paul drive Madame Panache out of La Rue Fossette?
10. Why is Rosine afraid to take a message to M. Paul?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)