|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. M. Paul notes that his plans to leave Europe have changed, why have they changed?
(a) He wants to leave sooner than expected.
(b) He has work to do before he goes.
(c) He is considering not going afterall.
(d) He wants to travel around Europe one last time.
2. In Chapter 36, Lucy finds a lilac pamphlet in her desk. What is the pamphlet about?
(b) Women's rights.
(c) Human rights.
3. While waiting in the parlor at Madam Walravens, Lucy begins to study a portrait. Who's portrait is it?
(a) Madame Beck.
(d) Justine Marie.
4. In Chapter 27, M. Paul stops to speak to Lucy after he has read to the students for the night. What does he say to her?
(a) He very much likes Lucy.
(b) She is the best at making herself unpleasant.
(c) He is sorry for all that he has done.
(d) She is not a very pretty woman.
5. Who seems to have her eye on M. Paul as a potential husband?
(c) Zylie St. Pierre.
(d) Mrs. Bretton.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lucy sees M. Paul arrive at the fete-night with Justine Marie, his young ward, what does she think?
2. The more that Lucy and M. Paul speak about their religions, what does Lucy find?
3. While Lucy is walking alone through the park on an April day, who does she spy?
4. Lucy decides she will take the note to M. Paul. When she enters his classroom, how does he initially respond?
5. M. Paul soon realizes that Lucy knows his secret about Madame Walravens. What does he ask her to do?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)