|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of M. Paul's dog?
2. Who is afraid to take messages to M. Paul because of his temper issues?
(b) Dr. John.
(c) Madame Beck.
3. How does Lucy respond to hearing about Graham and Paulina's love for each other?
(a) She is very jealous.
(b) She tells Paulina that it is right.
(c) She becomes angry with Paulina.
(d) She is disappointed because she wanted Graham.
4. Visually, how does Lucy describe the town square where Madame Walravens lives?
(c) Very high class.
(d) Bright and cheerful.
5. Who does Lucy find out is responsible for taking care of Madame Walravens financially?
(a) Dr. Bretton.
(b) M. Paul.
(c) Mr. Homes.
(d) de Hamal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is M. Paul most worried about leaving Lucy at the Rue Fossette when he leaves?
2. Lucy will never be Catholic. Why?
3. What is Lucy wearing the day of the school's breakfast in the country that causes M. Paul to make fun of her?
4. When Paulina and her father discuss Paulina's love for Graham, what do we learn about Paulina?
5. Why does Madame Beck ask Lucy to go to Madame Walravens?
Short Essay Questions
1. Lucy sees her friends the Brettons and de Bassompierre's at the fete-night and overhears their conversation. What is said and how does it make Lucy feel?
2. When M. Paul comes to say farewell to Lucy, in what state does he find her?
3. Why does M. Paul show Lucy's essay to his colleagues?
4. In Chapter 31, Lucy is trying to create a plan to gain more independence, what is her plan?
5. How does M. Paul respond to Lucy breaking his glasses?
6. Lucy closes the book letting her readers know that M. Paul is expected in November and letting the reader know of the many storms that have claimed lives in the seas. What is one ending regarding Lucy and M. Paul the reader can infer?
7. Why is Rosine afraid to take a message to M. Paul?
8. How does M. de Bassompierre react when Graham speaks with him about Paulina?
9. How does Lucy feel about Pire Silas when she is first interacting with him?
10. Why doesn't Lucy give M. Paul his watchguard at first?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)