|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Paulina nervous to tell her father about her love for Dr. Bretton?
(a) She is afraid of her father.
(b) Her father does not like Dr. Bretton.
(c) She does not want to hurt him.
(d) Her father does not want her to marry.
2. In Chapter 41, M. Paul comes back to the Rue Fossette to say goodbye to Lucy. What is his reaction when he first sees her?
(a) He is not excited to see her.
(b) He thinks that she looks well and in good spirits.
(c) He is saddened to see that she has been ill and unhappy.
(d) He realizes that he is glad to leave.
3. Who does Lucy find out is responsible for taking care of Madame Walravens financially?
(a) Mr. Homes.
(b) de Hamal.
(c) Dr. Bretton.
(d) M. Paul.
4. The morning after the festival, Ginevra has gone missing. Where did she go?
(a) She eloped.
(b) She went back home.
(c) She was kidnapped.
(d) She decided to go with M. Paul.
5. What excuse does M. Paul try to use to convince Lucy to take the public examination?
(a) Because she is a teacher.
(b) To show Madame Beck .
(c) Because he knows she will do great.
(d) For the sake of their friendship.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Madame Walravens respond to Madame Beck's gift?
2. How does M. Paul react when he receives Lucy's gift for his fete-day?
3. Two associates from the college are at La Rue Fossette to test Lucy. Why?
4. When Lucy returns to her room from the fete-night, what does she find sitting on her bed?
5. Lucy continues to observe Graham and Paulina together. What is Paulina's presence doing for Graham?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Lucy sees M. Paul arrive at the fete night with Justine Marie, what does she think?
2. Why is Paulina afraid to tell her father that she is in love with Graham?
3. Why is Rosine afraid to take a message to M. Paul?
4. How does Lucy feel about Pire Silas when she is first interacting with him?
5. Madame Beck tells Lucy she cannot marry M. Paul. Why does Lucy think Madame Beck is saying this?
6. How does M. de Bassompierre react when Graham speaks with him about Paulina?
7. What rumors has Lucy heard that may be the reason behind M. Paul's departure from Europe?
8. Lucy sees her friends the Brettons and de Bassompierre's at the fete-night and overhears their conversation. What is said and how does it make Lucy feel?
9. How does M. Paul respond to Lucy's jealousy about Justine Marie?
10. When M. Paul comes to say farewell to Lucy, in what state does he find her?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)