|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Lucy returns to her room from the fete-night, what does she find sitting on her bed?
(a) The nun's clothes with a note for Lucy.
(b) The watchguard she made for M. Paul.
(c) A threatening note from Justine Marie.
(d) A goodbye love letter from M. Paul.
2. What gift did Lucy take time making for M. Paul?
(a) A cake.
(b) A card.
(c) A painting.
(d) A watchguard.
3. Two associates from the college are at La Rue Fossette to test Lucy. Why?
(a) Because Lucy wanted to be tested.
(b) Because M. Paul wants Lucy to leave .
(c) Because of an essay M. Paul gave them.
(d) Because Lucy wants to be in college.
4. Why is Paulina initially nervous to speak with Lucy about her feelings for Graham?
(a) She does not think Lucy likes her.
(b) She does not like Lucy much.
(c) She does not want to be thought weak.
(d) She thinks Lucy loves Graham.
5. Who works with Madame Beck to tell Lucy about M. Paul's situation with Madame Walravens?
(a) Pire Silas.
(c) M. Paul.
(d) Dr. Graham.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ginevra's husband leaves the army, where do they go?
2. As the years pass, what news does Lucy hear of Ginevra's marriage?
3. What teacher leaves the school because of M. Paul and his fussing?
4. What is the name of the ship that M. Paul will be taking when he leaves Europe?
5. In Chapter 33, M. Paul asks Lucy what she thinks of his story. What does Lucy say?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does M. Paul respond to Lucy's jealousy about Justine Marie?
2. Why is Paulina afraid to tell her father that she is in love with Graham?
3. Why doesn't Lucy want to take the public examination?
4. Why did M. Paul drive Madame Panache out of La Rue Fossette?
5. What explanation does Ginevra give Lucy about the nun?
6. How did M. Paul keep his promise to the students and teachers of La Rue Fossette?
7. How does Ginevra's uncle respond to her elopement?
8. How does M. Paul respond to Lucy breaking his glasses?
9. Why doesn't Lucy give M. Paul his watchguard at first?
10. How does M. de Bassompierre react when Graham speaks with him about Paulina?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)