|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Paulina takes something from both her father and Graham to put into her locket. What does she put in her locket?
(a) Pictures of both men.
(b) Finger nail clippings.
(c) Locks of hair.
(d) A swatch of fabric.
2. What does M. Paul give to a child to pass on to Lucy as he is leaving the school?
(a) A note.
(b) A flower.
(c) A ring.
(d) A hankerchief.
3. What does Lucy tell the reader about Paulina and Graham's marriage?
(a) They have many many difficult years.
(b) They get divorced.
(c) Paulina dies right after they marry.
(d) They are blessed despite some hard times.
4. Who does Lucy see leaving Madame Walravens house when she is visiting on behalf of Madame Beck?
(a) Dr. Graham.
(b) M. Paul.
(c) A young child.
(d) A priest.
5. What does Paulina tell Lucy she received from Graham when traveling across France with her father?
(a) A necklace.
(d) A letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Paulina tells her father about her love for Graham, how does he respond?
2. In Chapter 41, what does Lucy confess to M. Paul that she is worried about?
3. When spring and warm weather come around, how is Lucy feeling?
4. When everyone else at the school seems to be afraid of M. Paul and his temper, who is the one person who seems to challenge him?
5. Two associates from the college are at La Rue Fossette to test Lucy. Why?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Madame Beck send Lucy on the errand to Madame Walravens?
2. Why does M. Paul show Lucy's essay to his colleagues?
3. Why does M. Paul have a study at the boys' college?
4. How does Lucy feel about Pire Silas when she is first interacting with him?
5. Lucy closes the book letting her readers know that M. Paul is expected in November and letting the reader know of the many storms that have claimed lives in the seas. What is one ending regarding Lucy and M. Paul the reader can infer?
6. What are three things that Lucy does in the three years M. Paul is gone?
7. What shift do we see in M. Paul and Lucy's relationship while they are in the country for breakfast?
8. Describe Madame Walravens.
9. How do others feel about M. Paul and Lucy's relationship in light of their differing religious views?
10. Why doesn't Lucy want to take the public examination?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)