|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Visually, how does Lucy describe the town square where Madame Walravens lives?
(b) Very high class.
(c) Bright and cheerful.
2. What is the Faubourg Clotilde?
(a) Graham and Paulina's new home.
(b) The city next to Villette .
(c) The boat that will carry M. Paul to his new destination.
(d) The new school that M. Paul has opened for Lucy.
3. What excuse does M. Paul try to use to convince Lucy to take the public examination?
(a) Because he knows she will do great.
(b) To show Madame Beck .
(c) Because she is a teacher.
(d) For the sake of their friendship.
4. Lucy hits her head on the table while trying to pick up her dropped thimble. What does M. Paul do in response to this?
(a) Goes to comfort Lucy .
(b) Ignores Lucy.
(c) Insults English women and heroes.
(d) Takes Lucy to the doctor.
5. What part of her new school does Lucy decide to dedicate to M. Paul while he is away?
(a) The study room.
(b) The dining hall.
(c) Her classroom.
(d) The library.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lucy respond to the comments from Messieurs Boissec and Rochemorte as they are testing her?
2. Who does Lucy find out is responsible for taking care of Madame Walravens financially?
3. Why does Madame Beck ask Lucy to go to Madame Walravens?
4. When Lucy is on her way back to Rue Fossette from the fete-night, what strange sight does she see?
5. While Lucy and M. Paul are speaking together in the country, what does M. Paul call Lucy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Rosine afraid to take a message to M. Paul?
2. What shift do we see in M. Paul and Lucy's relationship while they are in the country for breakfast?
3. Why doesn't Lucy give M. Paul his watchguard at first?
4. Why doesn't Lucy want to take the public examination?
5. Does Lucy believe that the older Paulina is a good person?
6. Why did M. Paul drive Madame Panache out of La Rue Fossette?
7. What are three things that Lucy does in the three years M. Paul is gone?
8. How did M. Paul keep his promise to the students and teachers of La Rue Fossette?
9. In Chapter 31, Lucy is trying to create a plan to gain more independence, what is her plan?
10. Why is Paulina afraid to tell her father that she is in love with Graham?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)