|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lucy hits her head on the table while trying to pick up her dropped thimble. What does M. Paul do in response to this?
(a) Insults English women and heroes.
(b) Goes to comfort Lucy .
(c) Takes Lucy to the doctor.
(d) Ignores Lucy.
2. How many years does Lucy tell the reader M. Paul is gone for?
(d) Two .
3. Who does Ginevra end up eloping with?
(a) Pire Silas.
(c) de Hamal.
(d) Dr. Bretton.
4. In Chapter 27, M. Paul stops to speak to Lucy after he has read to the students for the night. What does he say to her?
(a) He is sorry for all that he has done.
(b) He very much likes Lucy.
(c) She is the best at making herself unpleasant.
(d) She is not a very pretty woman.
5. The more that Lucy and M. Paul speak about their religions, what does Lucy find?
(a) Catholicism is the right way.
(b) She cannot be friends with M. Paul.
(c) Their fundamental beliefs are the same.
(d) Religion is not a big deal.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 41, M. Paul comes back to the Rue Fossette to say goodbye to Lucy. What is his reaction when he first sees her?
2. Why does Madame Beck ask Lucy to go to Madame Walravens?
3. Madame Beck tells Lucy that M. Paul cannot marry. How does Lucy respond to this?
4. M. Paul notes that his plans to leave Europe have changed, why have they changed?
5. Why is Paulina nervous to tell her father about her love for Dr. Bretton?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Madame Beck send Lucy on the errand to Madame Walravens?
2. Why is Paulina afraid to tell her father that she is in love with Graham?
3. Why is Zylie so interested in M. Paul?
4. How does Ginevra's uncle respond to her elopement?
5. Lucy closes the book letting her readers know that M. Paul is expected in November and letting the reader know of the many storms that have claimed lives in the seas. What is one ending regarding Lucy and M. Paul the reader can infer?
6. Describe Madame Walravens.
7. Does Lucy believe that the older Paulina is a good person?
8. How did M. Paul keep his promise to the students and teachers of La Rue Fossette?
9. What explanation does Ginevra give Lucy about the nun?
10. How do others feel about M. Paul and Lucy's relationship in light of their differing religious views?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)