|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Two associates from the college are at La Rue Fossette to test Lucy. Why?
(a) Because M. Paul wants Lucy to leave .
(b) Because of an essay M. Paul gave them.
(c) Because Lucy wants to be in college.
(d) Because Lucy wanted to be tested.
2. Who secretly leaves books and pamphlets in Lucy's desk for her to read?
(b) M. Paul.
(c) Madame Beck.
3. What is the Faubourg Clotilde?
(a) The new school that M. Paul has opened for Lucy.
(b) Graham and Paulina's new home.
(c) The boat that will carry M. Paul to his new destination.
(d) The city next to Villette .
4. What is Lucy wearing the day of the school's breakfast in the country that causes M. Paul to make fun of her?
(a) Pointy shoes.
(b) A pink dress.
(c) A feathery hat.
(d) A boring shawl.
5. How does Lucy respond to the comments from Messieurs Boissec and Rochemorte as they are testing her?
(a) She begins to cry.
(b) She yells at them.
(c) She cannot understand what they are saying.
(d) She thanks them .
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lucy speaks with M. de Bassompierre about Paulina and Dr. Bretton's feelings for one another, what does she say to try to encourage M. de Bassompierre?
2. In Chapter 33, M. Paul asks Lucy what she thinks of his story. What does Lucy say?
3. After their big farm breakfast, Lucy and M. Paul sit together under a tree. What is Lucy doing?
4. Why does Madame Beck make Lucy stay upstairs translating a letter on M. Paul's last day?
5. Right before M. Paul says farewell to Lucy, what does he tell her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What rumors has Lucy heard that may be the reason behind M. Paul's departure from Europe?
2. Does Lucy believe that the older Paulina is a good person?
3. What shift do we see in M. Paul and Lucy's relationship while they are in the country for breakfast?
4. Why is Zylie so interested in M. Paul?
5. How does Lucy feel about Paulina and Graham's relationship?
6. Why is Lucy hesitant to let M. Paul in as a close friend?
7. What explanation does Ginevra give Lucy about the nun?
8. How does Lucy feel about Pire Silas when she is first interacting with him?
9. Why doesn't Lucy give M. Paul his watchguard at first?
10. Why does M. Paul have a study at the boys' college?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)