|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Lucy see leaving Madame Walravens house when she is visiting on behalf of Madame Beck?
(a) Dr. Graham.
(b) M. Paul.
(c) A priest.
(d) A young child.
2. What languages does M. Paul think Lucy secretly knows?
(a) Latin and Greek.
(b) Swedish and Spanish.
(c) Greek and Swedish.
(d) Spanish and Latin.
3. What teacher leaves the school because of M. Paul and his fussing?
(b) Madame Panache.
(d) Madame Beck.
4. When Lucy is on her way back to Rue Fossette from the fete-night, what strange sight does she see?
(a) A carriage with a white hankerchief waving out the window.
(b) Ginevra and Dr. Graham walking together.
(c) The nun walking along the street.
(d) Her dead mother.
5. Lucy will never be Catholic. Why?
(a) She doesn't believe in the extravagance of the Mass.
(b) She does not like the Pope.
(c) She does not need religion.
(d) Her parents were Protestant.
Short Answer Questions
1. When everyone else at the school seems to be afraid of M. Paul and his temper, who is the one person who seems to challenge him?
2. Why does M. Paul tell Lucy that people think that she is dangerous for him?
3. While Lucy and M. Paul are speaking together in the country, what does M. Paul call Lucy?
4. In Chapter 29, Mrs. Bretton sends a note to Lucy. What does the note say?
5. When Madame Beck refuses to leave the room where Lucy and M. Paul are saying goodbye, what does M. Paul do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are three things that Lucy does in the three years M. Paul is gone?
2. Why is Rosine afraid to take a message to M. Paul?
3. What rumors has Lucy heard that may be the reason behind M. Paul's departure from Europe?
4. Why is Zylie so interested in M. Paul?
5. How did M. Paul keep his promise to the students and teachers of La Rue Fossette?
6. Why doesn't Lucy want to take the public examination?
7. How do others feel about M. Paul and Lucy's relationship in light of their differing religious views?
8. Why does M. Paul have a study at the boys' college?
9. When M. Paul comes to say farewell to Lucy, in what state does he find her?
10. When Lucy sees M. Paul arrive at the fete night with Justine Marie, what does she think?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)