|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While M. Paul is gone he writes letters to Lucy, what does he say about her religion?
(a) That Lucy is silly for being Protestant.
(b) That he realizes Protestantism is the only way.
(c) The Lucy should become Catholic like him.
(d) That she should remain Protestant.
2. As the years pass, what news does Lucy hear of Ginevra's marriage?
(a) That Ginevra's husband dies.
(b) That they lose their baby daughter.
(c) Rumors of debts and dishonor.
(d) Stories of great fortune and wealth.
3. When Ginevra's husband leaves the army, where do they go?
(a) They live abroad.
(b) They go to another part of France.
(c) They remain in Villette.
(d) They move back to La Rue Fossette.
4. Why is Paulina nervous to tell her father about her love for Dr. Bretton?
(a) Her father does not like Dr. Bretton.
(b) She does not want to hurt him.
(c) Her father does not want her to marry.
(d) She is afraid of her father.
5. In Chapter 41, what does Lucy confess to M. Paul that she is worried about?
(a) That he never really liked her.
(b) That she was dying.
(c) The he had forgotten her.
(d) That M. Paul had already left the country.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lucy finds out about M. Paul's generous care of Madame Walravens, what does she think?
2. When M. Paul asks Lucy how if she would welcome him back if he left for a number of years, how does Lucy respond?
3. Lucy tries to deliver a note to M. Paul during his class, and in the process breaks something of his. What does she break?
4. M. Paul is leaving Europe to go where?
5. Who secretly leaves books and pamphlets in Lucy's desk for her to read?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does M. Paul respond to Lucy breaking his glasses?
2. How does Lucy feel about Paulina and Graham's relationship?
3. How do others feel about M. Paul and Lucy's relationship in light of their differing religious views?
4. Why doesn't Lucy want to take the public examination?
5. How did M. Paul keep his promise to the students and teachers of La Rue Fossette?
6. How does M. Paul respond to Lucy's jealousy about Justine Marie?
7. What explanation does Ginevra give Lucy about the nun?
8. Why does M. Paul have a study at the boys' college?
9. How does Ginevra's uncle respond to her elopement?
10. Why is Paulina afraid to tell her father that she is in love with Graham?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)