|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lucy tell the reader about Paulina and Graham's marriage?
(a) They have many many difficult years.
(b) Paulina dies right after they marry.
(c) They are blessed despite some hard times.
(d) They get divorced.
2. In the end of the book, Lucy tells the readers that the skies are darkening and that many ships have been lost to the sea. Lucy never confirms that M. Paul returned to her. What does this leave the reader to infer?
(a) M. Paul decided to stay abroad.
(b) M. Paul is not coming home via ship.
(c) Lucy no longer loves M. Paul.
(d) M. Paul's ship was lost at sea.
3. M. Paul is leaving Europe to go where?
(b) North America.
(d) South Africa.
4. What is Lucy wearing the day of the school's breakfast in the country that causes M. Paul to make fun of her?
(a) A pink dress.
(b) A feathery hat.
(c) A boring shawl.
(d) Pointy shoes.
5. What month does Lucy tell the reader M. Paul's ship is due home?
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of her new school does Lucy decide to dedicate to M. Paul while he is away?
2. When M. Paul asks Lucy to write down his stories, what excuse does she offer for not being able to?
3. Lucy will never be Catholic. Why?
4. Why is M. Paul leaving Europe?
5. Two associates from the college are at La Rue Fossette to test Lucy. Why?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Zylie so interested in M. Paul?
2. Why did M. Paul drive Madame Panache out of La Rue Fossette?
3. Why does Madame Beck send Lucy on the errand to Madame Walravens?
4. When M. Paul comes to say farewell to Lucy, in what state does he find her?
5. Describe Madame Walravens.
6. Why does M. Paul have a study at the boys' college?
7. How does Ginevra's uncle respond to her elopement?
8. What are three things that Lucy does in the three years M. Paul is gone?
9. What explanation does Ginevra give Lucy about the nun?
10. In Chapter 31, Lucy is trying to create a plan to gain more independence, what is her plan?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)