|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Lucy is on her way back to Rue Fossette from the fete-night, what strange sight does she see?
(a) Her dead mother.
(b) A carriage with a white hankerchief waving out the window.
(c) The nun walking along the street.
(d) Ginevra and Dr. Graham walking together.
2. M. Paul soon realizes that Lucy knows his secret about Madame Walravens. What does he ask her to do?
(a) To trust him.
(b) To not tell anyone else.
(c) To mind her own business.
(d) To leave him alone.
3. The morning after the festival, Ginevra has gone missing. Where did she go?
(a) She was kidnapped.
(b) She went back home.
(c) She decided to go with M. Paul.
(d) She eloped.
4. What does M. Paul say when he joins Lucy in the alley and notices her pale coloring?
(a) She should spend more time outside.
(b) She looks pretty.
(c) She needs looking after.
(d) She should try to sleep more.
5. How does Lucy respond to hearing about Graham and Paulina's love for each other?
(a) She becomes angry with Paulina.
(b) She is very jealous.
(c) She tells Paulina that it is right.
(d) She is disappointed because she wanted Graham.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does M. Paul tell Lucy that people think that she is dangerous for him?
2. What month does Lucy tell the reader M. Paul's ship is due home?
3. When Lucy speaks with M. de Bassompierre about Paulina and Dr. Bretton's feelings for one another, what does she say to try to encourage M. de Bassompierre?
4. When spring and warm weather come around, how is Lucy feeling?
5. Who works with Madame Beck to tell Lucy about M. Paul's situation with Madame Walravens?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did M. Paul drive Madame Panache out of La Rue Fossette?
2. What are three things that Lucy does in the three years M. Paul is gone?
3. Lucy sees her friends the Brettons and de Bassompierre's at the fete-night and overhears their conversation. What is said and how does it make Lucy feel?
4. How does M. Paul respond to Lucy breaking his glasses?
5. Why doesn't Lucy give M. Paul his watchguard at first?
6. How does Lucy feel about Paulina and Graham's relationship?
7. When M. Paul comes to say farewell to Lucy, in what state does he find her?
8. Madame Beck tells Lucy she cannot marry M. Paul. Why does Lucy think Madame Beck is saying this?
9. What rumors has Lucy heard that may be the reason behind M. Paul's departure from Europe?
10. Why is Lucy hesitant to let M. Paul in as a close friend?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)