|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lucy continues to observe Graham and Paulina together. What is Paulina's presence doing for Graham?
(a) Making him a better man.
(b) Making him too feminine.
(c) Making him rude to Lucy.
(d) Making him distant.
2. M. Paul suggests that Lucy take the public examination with the first class students. How does Lucy respond?
(a) She says she has already taken it.
(b) She likes the challenge.
(c) She wants to take the exam.
(d) The idea horrifies her.
3. Two associates from the college are at La Rue Fossette to test Lucy. Why?
(a) Because Lucy wants to be in college.
(b) Because of an essay M. Paul gave them.
(c) Because Lucy wanted to be tested.
(d) Because M. Paul wants Lucy to leave .
4. When Madame Beck refuses to leave the room where Lucy and M. Paul are saying goodbye, what does M. Paul do?
(a) He storms out alone.
(b) He slaps Madame Beck.
(c) He ignores her.
(d) He begins to cry.
5. Madame Beck tells Lucy that M. Paul cannot marry. How does Lucy respond to this?
(a) She says Madame Beck just wants him for herself.
(b) She says that she understands.
(c) She says she does not even like M. Paul.
(d) She tells Madame Beck that they are already married.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lucy will never be Catholic. Why?
2. Who seems to have her eye on M. Paul as a potential husband?
3. Why does M. Paul tell Lucy that people think that she is dangerous for him?
4. When Paulina tells her father about her love for Graham, how does he respond?
5. After their big farm breakfast, Lucy and M. Paul sit together under a tree. What is Lucy doing?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)