|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lucy decide to go to Villette?
(a) She has always wanted to go to Villette.
(b) She has friends in that city.
(c) Ginevra mentions she might teach there.
(d) The Watson's have invited her to go with them.
2. When Mrs. Bretton mentions to M. de Bassompierre that Lucy is a teacher, how does Lucy feel?
(b) She doesn't care what he thinks.
(c) Happy that Mrs. Bretton brought it up.
3. Lucy is Protestant and makes comments to the students that Madame Beck does not agree with. Why does she not agree with Lucy's Protestant comments?
(a) Madame Beck just doesn't like Lucy.
(b) Madame Beck does not believe in religion.
(c) Madame Beck is Catholic.
(d) Lucy is not a good Protestant.
4. What does Dr. John see Ginevra doing at the concert?
(c) Laughing at him and his mother.
(d) Sleeping during the music.
5. Why does Lucy spend so much time with Miss Marchmont in Chapter Four?
(a) Lucy is hired to care for her.
(b) Lucy is her tutor.
(c) She is Lucy's best childhood friend.
(d) She is Lucy's sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lucy must administer the exam that M. Paul cannot. How does she feel about this?
2. What is the name of the ship that Lucy takes to France?
3. From the interaction between Graham and Paulina at the Terrace, what doe Lucy infer?
4. After the play, who scolds Ginevra for being without her shawl?
5. What does Lucy spend time doing when the students are gone for the summer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lucy deny that she has feelings for Dr. John?
2. Why is Lucy disappointed when Graham calls her his Silent Shadow?
3. How is Lucy after Miss Marchmont's death?
4. How does Lucy view Isidore?
5. How does Lucy respond to Madame Beck's offer for her to teach?
6. How does Lucy come to be at La Terrasse?
7. What does Dr. John do when he finds his letter to Lucy in the garret?
8. What reason does Lucy give Paulina for why she is a teacher?
9. Why does Lucy get sent to the garret by M. Paul?
10. How do Dr. John and Mrs. Bretton become reunited with Mr. Home toward the middle of the book?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)