|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Graham inquire after to Lucy?
(d) Madame Beck.
2. In Chapter 16, when Dr. John comes to the house, who does Lucy finally recognize him to be?
(a) M. Paul.
(c) Alfred de Hamal.
3. Where does Lucy look for work in Villette?
(a) Everywhere, she just needs a job.
(b) At someone's house .
(c) At a school.
(d) At an inn.
4. When Lucy returns to school, she notices her letters are missing. Who does she think has been looking at these letters?
(a) Madame Beck and M. Paul.
(b) Madame Beck's three daughters.
(d) Rosine, the housemaid.
5. What does Lucy spend time doing when the students are gone for the summer?
(a) Going back to England.
(b) Visiting family .
(c) Visiting her childhood friends, the Bretton's.
(d) Wandering the countryside.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lucy goes into the alley to the nun's tree. While she is there, what does she see
2. What does Dr. John see Ginevra doing at the concert?
3. Why is Ginevra Fanshawe also going to France?
4. How do M. Paul's college students feel about him?
5. Why does Madame Beck seem upset when Dr. John leaves?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 16, how does Mrs. Bretton react to seeing her goddaughter again?
2. Why does Lucy deny that she has feelings for Dr. John?
3. Why does Lucy get sent to the garret by M. Paul?
4. What does Dr. John do when he finds his letter to Lucy in the garret?
5. What advice does the priest give Lucy in Chapter 15?
6. How does Lucy view Isidore?
7. Why is Lucy disappointed when Graham calls her his Silent Shadow?
8. How does Lucy seem to feel about her vocation being made known to the Bassompierre's?
9. How does the note in the casket describe Lucy?
10. What happens to Lucy as she is looking for the inn in Villette?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)