|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the actress in the play that impresses Lucy with her drama and passion?
2. What does Dr. John see Ginevra doing at the concert?
(a) Sleeping during the music.
(b) Laughing at him and his mother.
3. How does Lucy feel about the Watson's, a family also on the voyage to France?
(a) She is jealous of their wealth.
(b) She wants to be their friend.
(c) She does not approve of them.
(d) She thinks that they are very kind.
4. When Dr. John and Lucy are leaving the play, what do they see?
(a) A girl being trampled.
(b) Mrs. Bretton.
(c) The actors running out.
(d) The nun.
5. Why does Lucy decide to go to Villette?
(a) The Watson's have invited her to go with them.
(b) She has always wanted to go to Villette.
(c) She has friends in that city.
(d) Ginevra mentions she might teach there.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lucy returns to school, she notices her letters are missing. Who does she think has been looking at these letters?
2. Who does Miss de Bassompierre end up being?
3. Several weeks after the theater fire, Lucy has not seen the Brettons. What have they been doing?
4. How does Paulina respond when Mr. Home's leaves in Chapter Three?
5. Lucy is Protestant and makes comments to the students that Madame Beck does not agree with. Why does she not agree with Lucy's Protestant comments?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lucy feel about to returning to La Rue Fossette after her illness?
2. How does Lucy come to be at La Terrasse?
3. How is Lucy's voyage to France?
4. Why is Lucy disappointed when Graham calls her his Silent Shadow?
5. How does the note in the casket describe Lucy?
6. Why doesn't Lucy like the readings from the "Old Book"?
7. In Chapter 16, how does Mrs. Bretton react to seeing her goddaughter again?
8. How does Lucy seem to feel about her vocation being made known to the Bassompierre's?
9. How does Lucy view Paulina when she first comes to stay with the Brettons?
10. What does Dr. John do when he finds his letter to Lucy in the garret?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)