|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lucy is about to read her letter from Dr. John when she sees a dark figure, a nun. What does she forget when she goes to tell Madame Beck and her guests about the nun?
(a) Her letter.
(b) Her coat.
(c) Her shoes.
(d) Her glasses.
2. What is the name of Dr. John's home?
(a) Rue Fossette.
(b) Beau Ciel .
(c) Jour Heureux .
(d) La Terrasse.
3. What does Lucy find when she return to her room after leaving the Etude de soir?
(a) Madame Beck going through her belongings.
(b) Rosine working.
(c) Madame Beck's daughters wanting to play.
(d) That she has forgotten her books.
4. Where does Dr. Graham frequently drop off Lucy while he is working?
(a) The park.
(b) Rue Fossette.
(c) The store.
(d) A museum.
5. Why is Mr. Home's visiting Mrs. Bretton in the beginning of the novel?
(a) He is going to be picking up Lucy .
(b) He is just passing through the area.
(c) He wants to see that his daughter is settled in.
(d) He is a neighbor of Mrs. Bretton's.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the play, who scolds Ginevra for being without her shawl?
2. What does Dr. John think that the nun is?
3. What disaster happens during the play that leads to the patrons being evacuated from the hall?
4. In who's house does Lucy find herself after she swoons?
5. When Graham is called away to work, Lucy and Paulina are left together and share a silent afternoon. How does Lucy seem to feel about this?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 16, how does Mrs. Bretton react to seeing her goddaughter again?
2. Describe Madame Beck's relationship with her children.
3. Why doesn't Lucy like the readings from the "Old Book"?
4. What does Dr. John do when he finds his letter to Lucy in the garret?
5. How does the note in the casket describe Lucy?
6. Why is Lucy disappointed when Graham calls her his Silent Shadow?
7. How does Paulina act when Mr. Home returns to the Bretton's in the beginning of the novel?
8. How is Lucy's voyage to France?
9. How does Lucy feel about Graham thinking that she is jealous of Ginevra?
10. How does Lucy feel about to returning to La Rue Fossette after her illness?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)