|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Miss Fanshawe comes to speak with Lucy in her classroom, what is she pleased to hear?
(a) de Hamal loves Miss Fanshaw.
(b) Lucy missed her when she was away.
(c) Lucy feels much better.
(d) Dr. John was jealous at the concert.
2. What happens to Fifine to cause the doctor to have to be called?
(a) She has a tooth ache.
(b) She is pretending to be sick.
(c) She falls and hurts her arm.
(d) She is very ill .
3. How do M. Paul's college students feel about him?
(a) They like his passion.
(b) They do not like him.
(c) They think he is handsome.
(d) They think that he is boring.
4. Why is Ginevra Fanshawe also going to France?
(a) Because she is friends with Lucy.
(b) Because she is looking for work too.
(c) To join her father in France.
(d) To go to school in Villette.
5. How do the parents seem to initially react when they hear that a doctor they do not know was called to look after their children?
(a) They didn't care.
(c) They did not even know there was a doctor called.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ginevra and Lucy are going to the speech, what comment does Ginevra make about her and Lucy both going to visit the de Bassompierre's?
2. What does Dr. John see Ginevra doing at the concert?
3. In Chapter 10, who does Lucy recognize Dr. John to be when he comes to see Fifine?
4. Ginevra and Lucy attend a speech given in honor of the birthday of a young prince. Who is the speaker?
5. What is the name of the ship that Lucy takes to France?
Short Essay Questions
1. What advice does the priest give Lucy in Chapter 15?
2. How does Lucy feel about to returning to La Rue Fossette after her illness?
3. How does the note in the casket describe Lucy?
4. How does Lucy view Paulina when she first comes to stay with the Brettons?
5. How does Lucy feel about the pink dress?
6. How does Lucy respond to Madame Beck's offer for her to teach?
7. How is Lucy after Miss Marchmont's death?
8. What does Dr. John do when he finds his letter to Lucy in the garret?
9. How does Lucy seem to feel about her vocation being made known to the Bassompierre's?
10. What reason does Lucy give Paulina for why she is a teacher?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)