|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do M. Paul's college students feel about him?
(a) They think that he is boring.
(b) They think he is handsome.
(c) They do not like him.
(d) They like his passion.
2. Miss Marchmont mentions "Frank", who is Frank?
(a) Miss Marchmont's former fiance.
(b) Lucy's brother.
(c) Miss Marchmont's son.
(d) A servant in the house.
3. Who's illness leads to Dr. John being called to the school?
4. When Lucy sees that her letters have been rifled through once again, what does she do?
(a) Locks them in a box.
(b) Has them sealed in a bottle.
(c) Burns them all.
(d) Hides them under her mattress.
5. What disaster happens during the play that leads to the patrons being evacuated from the hall?
(a) A fire breaks out.
(b) An earthquake .
(c) Someone gets sick.
(d) Lucy faints.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ginevra and Lucy attend a speech given in honor of the birthday of a young prince. Who is the speaker?
2. Where does Lucy look for work in Villette?
3. How does Mr. Home respond to the news that Lucy is a teacher?
4. According to the doctor, who found Lucy after she had fainted earlier?
5. Why does Madame Beck seem upset when Dr. John leaves?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Lucy after Miss Marchmont's death?
2. What reason does Lucy give Paulina for why she is a teacher?
3. How does Lucy feel about to returning to La Rue Fossette after her illness?
4. How does Lucy respond to Madame Beck's offer for her to teach?
5. How does Lucy feel about the pink dress?
6. How is Lucy's voyage to France?
7. Why do Ginevra's words that she believed Lucy "a little nobody" not matter to Lucy?
8. Describe Paulina and Graham's relationship at the beginning of the book.
9. Why is Lucy taking German lessons?
10. Why does Lucy deny that she has feelings for Dr. John?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)