|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Lucy Snowe?
(a) Mr. Home's neice.
(b) Mrs. Bretton's granddaughter.
(c) Paulina's sister.
(d) Mrs. Bretton's goddaughter.
2. Why is Ginevra Fanshawe also going to France?
(a) Because she is friends with Lucy.
(b) To go to school in Villette.
(c) Because she is looking for work too.
(d) To join her father in France.
3. Who does Lucy visit after Miss Marchmont dies?
(a) Mrs. Bretton.
(b) Mrs. Barrett.
(c) Her family.
4. Who does Graham seem to think Lucy is jealous of?
(a) The Watson's.
(b) Dr. John.
(c) Miss Fanshawe.
(d) The Cholmondeleys.
5. What does Lucy spend time doing when the students are gone for the summer?
(a) Going back to England.
(b) Visiting her childhood friends, the Bretton's.
(c) Visiting family .
(d) Wandering the countryside.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Graham offer Paulina when they are at the Terrace?
2. Lucy is about to read her letter from Dr. John when she sees a dark figure, a nun. What does she forget when she goes to tell Madame Beck and her guests about the nun?
3. Who is Isidore?
4. In Chapter 14, what big summer celebration is going to take place?
5. In Chapter Two, how does Paulina act when sitting with the "adults"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Madame Beck's relationship with her children.
2. How does Paulina act when Mr. Home returns to the Bretton's in the beginning of the novel?
3. How does Lucy view Paulina when she first comes to stay with the Brettons?
4. How do Dr. John and Mrs. Bretton become reunited with Mr. Home toward the middle of the book?
5. How does Lucy respond to Madame Beck's offer for her to teach?
6. How does Lucy feel about to returning to La Rue Fossette after her illness?
7. How does Lucy feel about the pink dress?
8. Why is Lucy disappointed when Graham calls her his Silent Shadow?
9. How is Lucy after Miss Marchmont's death?
10. Describe Paulina and Graham's relationship at the beginning of the book.
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)