|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A fortnight after Lucy's return to school, M. Paul delivers something to her. What is it?
(a) A new hat.
(b) A book.
(c) A letter.
(d) A bottle of medicine.
2. How does Mr. Home respond to the news that Lucy is a teacher?
(a) He does not address it at all.
(b) He is embarrassed for her.
(c) He is rude .
(d) He proclaims her a good example.
3. Who hurts Lucy's feelings at the hotel dinner by calling her a coquette?
(a) M. Paul.
(b) Mr. Home.
(c) Mrs. Bretton.
4. Lucy must administer the exam that M. Paul cannot. How does she feel about this?
(a) She does not want to administer it, but has to.
(b) She says no and does not do it.
(c) She is glad that she gets to administer the test.
(d) She does not care.
5. What does Lucy find when she return to her room after leaving the Etude de soir?
(a) That she has forgotten her books.
(b) Madame Beck's daughters wanting to play.
(c) Madame Beck going through her belongings.
(d) Rosine working.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lucy sees that her letters have been rifled through once again, what does she do?
2. Where does M. Paul take Lucy so that she can practice for the play?
3. What disaster happens during the play that leads to the patrons being evacuated from the hall?
4. In who's house does Lucy find herself after she swoons?
5. What does Graham offer Paulina when they are at the Terrace?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lucy view Paulina when she first comes to stay with the Brettons?
2. Why do Ginevra's words that she believed Lucy "a little nobody" not matter to Lucy?
3. How does Paulina act when Mr. Home returns to the Bretton's in the beginning of the novel?
4. How does the note in the casket describe Lucy?
5. Why doesn't Lucy like the readings from the "Old Book"?
6. When M. Paul comes to say farewell to Lucy, in what state does he find her?
7. Madame Beck tells Lucy she cannot marry M. Paul. Why does Lucy think Madame Beck is saying this?
8. What shift do we see in M. Paul and Lucy's relationship while they are in the country for breakfast?
9. How does Lucy come to be at La Terrasse?
10. When Lucy sees M. Paul arrive at the fete night with Justine Marie, what does she think?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)