|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lucy spend so much time with Miss Marchmont in Chapter Four?
(a) She is Lucy's best childhood friend.
(b) She is Lucy's sister.
(c) Lucy is her tutor.
(d) Lucy is hired to care for her.
2. What words best describe Ginevra?
(a) Silly and petty.
(b) Hard-working and smart.
(c) Funny and intelligent .
(d) Very thoughtful and nice.
3. In who's house does Lucy find herself after she swoons?
(a) Mrs. Leigh's.
(b) Madame Beck's.
(c) Her own house.
(d) Mrs. Bretton's.
4. After the play, who scolds Ginevra for being without her shawl?
(a) Dr. John.
(d) Madame Beck.
5. What disaster happens during the play that leads to the patrons being evacuated from the hall?
(a) A fire breaks out.
(b) Someone gets sick.
(c) An earthquake .
(d) Lucy faints.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mrs. Bretton mentions to M. de Bassompierre that Lucy is a teacher, how does Lucy feel?
2. When Ginevra and Lucy are going to the speech, what comment does Ginevra make about her and Lucy both going to visit the de Bassompierre's?
3. What does Lucy find is missing when she arrives in Villette?
4. When Lucy returns to school, she notices her letters are missing. Who does she think has been looking at these letters?
5. Several weeks after the theater fire, Lucy has not seen the Brettons. What have they been doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lucy feel about Graham thinking that she is jealous of Ginevra?
2. Why do Ginevra's words that she believed Lucy "a little nobody" not matter to Lucy?
3. How do Dr. John and Mrs. Bretton become reunited with Mr. Home toward the middle of the book?
4. How does Paulina act when Mr. Home returns to the Bretton's in the beginning of the novel?
5. Why is Lucy taking German lessons?
6. Why doesn't Lucy like the readings from the "Old Book"?
7. Why does M. Paul disapprove of Lucy looking at the Cleopatra?
8. Describe Madame Beck's relationship with her children.
9. How does Lucy feel about to returning to La Rue Fossette after her illness?
10. Why does Lucy decide to bury her letters from Dr. John?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)