Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A fortnight after Lucy's return to school, M. Paul delivers something to her. What is it?
(a) A book.
(b) A letter.
(c) A new hat.
(d) A bottle of medicine.
2. Why does Lucy regularly visit the hotel?
(a) To visit friends.
(b) To tutor other students.
(c) To take German lessons.
(d) To get away from the school.
3. What does M. de Bassompierre ask Lucy to do for Paulina?
(a) Teach her French.
(b) Help her get ready for dinner parties.
(c) Be her companion.
(d) Be her personal tutor.
4. What does Lucy win at the lottery?
(a) A dress.
(b) A lady's turban.
(c) A cigar case.
(d) A purse.
5. How does Lucy view Paulina now that she is older?
(a) Rude and stuck-up.
(b) Silly and annoying.
(c) Shy and mousy.
(d) Serene and lady-like.
Short Answer Questions
1. From the interaction between Graham and Paulina at the Terrace, what doe Lucy infer?
2. Why is Ginevra Fanshawe also going to France?
3. Dr. John speaks with Lucy about the notes that she found. Who does it seem the notes are for?
4. Miss Marchmont mentions "Frank", who is Frank?
5. Who is Isidore?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Miss Marchmont.
2. How does Ginevra's uncle respond to her elopement?
3. What reason does Lucy give Paulina for why she is a teacher?
4. How does Lucy view Paulina when she first comes to stay with the Brettons?
5. How do others feel about M. Paul and Lucy's relationship in light of their differing religious views?
6. Why does M. Paul disapprove of Lucy looking at the Cleopatra?
7. Why does Lucy decide to bury her letters from Dr. John?
8. How does Lucy feel about Pire Silas when she is first interacting with him?
9. How does Paulina act when Mr. Home returns to the Bretton's in the beginning of the novel?
10. How does M. Paul respond to Lucy's jealousy about Justine Marie?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)