|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lucy spend so much time with Miss Marchmont in Chapter Four?
(a) She is Lucy's sister.
(b) Lucy is her tutor.
(c) She is Lucy's best childhood friend.
(d) Lucy is hired to care for her.
2. Lucy must administer the exam that M. Paul cannot. How does she feel about this?
(a) She is glad that she gets to administer the test.
(b) She does not want to administer it, but has to.
(c) She says no and does not do it.
(d) She does not care.
3. What does Lucy win at the lottery?
(a) A dress.
(b) A purse.
(c) A cigar case.
(d) A lady's turban.
4. Ginevra and Lucy attend a speech given in honor of the birthday of a young prince. Who is the speaker?
(a) M. de Bassompierre.
(b) The king.
(c) Madame Beck.
(d) M. Paul.
5. How does Paulina respond when Mr. Home's leaves in Chapter Three?
(a) She is indifferent.
(b) She is glad to see him go.
(c) She is quiet but happy.
(d) She is distraught and depressed.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lucy feel about the Watson's, a family also on the voyage to France?
2. Who does Lucy visit after Miss Marchmont dies?
3. Who is the actress in the play that impresses Lucy with her drama and passion?
4. What color is the new dress that Mrs. Bretton purchases for Lucy?
5. Miss Marchmont mentions "Frank", who is Frank?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lucy respond to Madame Beck's offer for her to teach?
2. How does Lucy seem to feel about her vocation being made known to the Bassompierre's?
3. Describe Madame Beck's relationship with her children.
4. How does Lucy view Paulina when she first comes to stay with the Brettons?
5. Describe Rosine.
6. Why is Lucy disappointed when Graham calls her his Silent Shadow?
7. How does Paulina act when Mr. Home returns to the Bretton's in the beginning of the novel?
8. Why does Lucy get sent to the garret by M. Paul?
9. How does Lucy feel about to returning to La Rue Fossette after her illness?
10. How does Lucy feel about Graham thinking that she is jealous of Ginevra?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)