|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Graham inquire after to Lucy?
(c) Madame Beck.
2. Who is Lucy Snowe?
(a) Mr. Home's neice.
(b) Mrs. Bretton's granddaughter.
(c) Mrs. Bretton's goddaughter.
(d) Paulina's sister.
3. In Chapter 14, what big summer celebration is going to take place?
(a) Madame Beck's birthday.
(b) The end of school.
(c) Independence Day.
(d) All Saint's Day.
4. What does Dr. John think that the nun is?
(a) A ghost.
(b) A student playing a prank.
(c) A gypsy.
(d) A hallucination.
5. What does Lucy find when she return to her room after leaving the Etude de soir?
(a) That she has forgotten her books.
(b) Rosine working.
(c) Madame Beck's daughters wanting to play.
(d) Madame Beck going through her belongings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lucy find is missing when she arrives in Villette?
2. Why does Lucy regularly visit the hotel?
3. What does Lucy win at the lottery?
4. Lucy must administer the exam that M. Paul cannot. How does she feel about this?
5. What does Graham offer Paulina when they are at the Terrace?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Madame Beck's relationship with her children.
2. How does Lucy respond to Madame Beck's offer for her to teach?
3. Why does Lucy get sent to the garret by M. Paul?
4. What advice does the priest give Lucy in Chapter 15?
5. What reason does Lucy give Paulina for why she is a teacher?
6. What does Dr. John do when he finds his letter to Lucy in the garret?
7. Why doesn't Lucy like the readings from the "Old Book"?
8. How does Lucy feel about the pink dress?
9. Describe Rosine.
10. How does Lucy seem to feel about her vocation being made known to the Bassompierre's?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)