|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Lucy returns to school, she notices her letters are missing. Who does she think has been looking at these letters?
(b) Madame Beck and M. Paul.
(c) Rosine, the housemaid.
(d) Madame Beck's three daughters.
2. A fortnight after Lucy's return to school, M. Paul delivers something to her. What is it?
(a) A bottle of medicine.
(b) A book.
(c) A new hat.
(d) A letter.
3. Paulina tells Lucy that her cousin Ginevra has told her much about love. What is one thing that Ginevra has told Paulina?
(a) That Paulina will marry Dr. John.
(b) That Lucy does not know anything about love.
(c) That love is nothing.
(d) That Ginevra will marry Graham.
4. In Chapter 12, a small object falls out of a window that Lucy is sitting under. What is that object?
(a) A flower.
(b) A casket.
(c) A candy.
(d) A locket.
5. Who does Lucy visit after Miss Marchmont dies?
(a) Mrs. Barrett.
(b) Her family.
(c) Mrs. Bretton.
Short Answer Questions
1. From the interaction between Graham and Paulina at the Terrace, what doe Lucy infer?
2. In Chapter 16, when Dr. John comes to the house, who does Lucy finally recognize him to be?
3. Where does Lucy go to read her letter from Dr. John?
4. Who is the actress in the play that impresses Lucy with her drama and passion?
5. Where does Lucy look for work in Villette?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lucy decide to bury her letters from Dr. John?
2. Why do Ginevra's words that she believed Lucy "a little nobody" not matter to Lucy?
3. How does Lucy view Isidore?
4. How do Dr. John and Mrs. Bretton become reunited with Mr. Home toward the middle of the book?
5. Describe Paulina and Graham's relationship at the beginning of the book.
6. How does Lucy feel about to returning to La Rue Fossette after her illness?
7. What happens to Lucy as she is looking for the inn in Villette?
8. Describe Rosine.
9. Why does Lucy deny that she has feelings for Dr. John?
10. What does Dr. John do when he finds his letter to Lucy in the garret?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)