|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Graham is sitting with Lucy at the Prince's birthday dinner, who does he comment is a fine girl?
(c) Madame Beck.
2. Lucy must administer the exam that M. Paul cannot. How does she feel about this?
(a) She says no and does not do it.
(b) She does not want to administer it, but has to.
(c) She does not care.
(d) She is glad that she gets to administer the test.
3. In Chapter 14, what big summer celebration is going to take place?
(a) Madame Beck's birthday.
(b) Independence Day.
(c) All Saint's Day.
(d) The end of school.
4. Lucy returns to the school after her time with the Brettons. Who does she see watching her through the window as she is crying?
(b) Dr. Graham.
(c) M. Paul.
(d) Madame Beck.
5. In Chapter 10, who does Lucy recognize Dr. John to be when he comes to see Fifine?
(a) Her friend from childhood.
(b) The man who assisted her the first night in Villette.
(c) One of the passengers on the voyage to France.
(d) Mr. Home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lucy goes into the alley to the nun's tree. While she is there, what does she see
2. How does Lucy feel her first night in London?
3. Who is the actress in the play that impresses Lucy with her drama and passion?
4. Why is Mr. Home's visiting Mrs. Bretton in the beginning of the novel?
5. Who does Miss de Bassompierre end up being?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lucy seem to feel about her vocation being made known to the Bassompierre's?
2. Why does M. Paul disapprove of Lucy looking at the Cleopatra?
3. What happens to Lucy as she is looking for the inn in Villette?
4. Why do Ginevra's words that she believed Lucy "a little nobody" not matter to Lucy?
5. Why doesn't Lucy like the readings from the "Old Book"?
6. How does Paulina act when Mr. Home returns to the Bretton's in the beginning of the novel?
7. How does Lucy respond to Madame Beck's offer for her to teach?
8. Why does Lucy get sent to the garret by M. Paul?
9. Describe Miss Marchmont.
10. In Chapter 16, how does Mrs. Bretton react to seeing her goddaughter again?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)