|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who hurts Lucy's feelings at the hotel dinner by calling her a coquette?
(a) Mrs. Bretton.
(b) Mr. Home.
(d) M. Paul.
2. Dysirye, Madame Beck's eldest daughter, is...
(b) Lucy's favorite.
(c) A troublemaker.
(d) Very helpful with her other sisters.
3. What does Dr. John see Ginevra doing at the concert?
(c) Laughing at him and his mother.
(d) Sleeping during the music.
4. Why does Lucy regularly visit the hotel?
(a) To take German lessons.
(b) To get away from the school.
(c) To visit friends.
(d) To tutor other students.
5. Where does Dr. Graham frequently drop off Lucy while he is working?
(a) Rue Fossette.
(b) The park.
(c) The store.
(d) A museum.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lucy win at the lottery?
2. What does Lucy find when she return to her room after leaving the Etude de soir?
3. In Chapter 14, what big summer celebration is going to take place?
4. Why does Dr. John take Lucy to the theater alone?
5. Who interrupts Lucy as she gazes at the Cleopatra?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Dr. John and Mrs. Bretton become reunited with Mr. Home toward the middle of the book?
2. How does M. Paul respond to Lucy breaking his glasses?
3. Why is Lucy disappointed when Graham calls her his Silent Shadow?
4. Describe Madame Walravens.
5. How does Ginevra's uncle respond to her elopement?
6. Why does Lucy deny that she has feelings for Dr. John?
7. Why is Lucy hesitant to let M. Paul in as a close friend?
8. How does Paulina act when Mr. Home returns to the Bretton's in the beginning of the novel?
9. Why does M. Paul show Lucy's essay to his colleagues?
10. How does Lucy come to be at La Terrasse?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)