|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 13, Lucy is in the Etude de soir for the evening to study but soon leaves, why does she leave?
(a) She does not need to study.
(b) It is time for her to go to bed.
(c) It is dinner time.
(d) She hates the book of lectures.
2. Several weeks after the theater fire, Lucy has not seen the Brettons. What have they been doing?
(a) Visiting the young girl from the theater.
(b) Avoiding Lucy.
(c) On vacation.
(d) Travelling the countryside.
3. From the interaction between Graham and Paulina at the Terrace, what doe Lucy infer?
(a) That Graham does not remember Paulina.
(b) That Graham recognizes Paulina.
(c) That Graham wishes he had a little sister.
(d) That Graham likes Lucy more than Paulina.
4. Who hurts Lucy's feelings at the hotel dinner by calling her a coquette?
(b) Mr. Home.
(c) Mrs. Bretton.
(d) M. Paul.
5. In Chapter 16, when Dr. John comes to the house, who does Lucy finally recognize him to be?
(b) M. Paul.
(c) Alfred de Hamal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lucy find herself near when she is praying in London?
2. When Miss Fanshawe comes to speak with Lucy in her classroom, what is she pleased to hear?
3. Where does M. Paul take Lucy so that she can practice for the play?
4. Why does Lucy decide to go to Villette?
5. How does Lucy view Paulina when she first meets her?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lucy feel about to returning to La Rue Fossette after her illness?
2. Why do Ginevra's words that she believed Lucy "a little nobody" not matter to Lucy?
3. In Chapter 16, how does Mrs. Bretton react to seeing her goddaughter again?
4. How does Lucy view Paulina when she first comes to stay with the Brettons?
5. How does the note in the casket describe Lucy?
6. How does Lucy respond to Madame Beck's offer for her to teach?
7. How does Paulina act when Mr. Home returns to the Bretton's in the beginning of the novel?
8. How does Lucy feel about the pink dress?
9. What happens to Lucy as she is looking for the inn in Villette?
10. How does Lucy view Isidore?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)