|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dr. John speaks with Lucy about the notes that she found. Who does it seem the notes are for?
(d) Madame Beck.
2. What is the school believed to have been before it was a school?
(a) It has always been a school.
(b) A convent.
(c) The house of a rich widow.
(d) A graveyard.
3. Who does Graham inquire after to Lucy?
(c) Madame Beck.
4. What happens to Fifine to cause the doctor to have to be called?
(a) She has a tooth ache.
(b) She falls and hurts her arm.
(c) She is very ill .
(d) She is pretending to be sick.
5. From the interaction between Graham and Paulina at the Terrace, what doe Lucy infer?
(a) That Graham likes Lucy more than Paulina.
(b) That Graham does not remember Paulina.
(c) That Graham recognizes Paulina.
(d) That Graham wishes he had a little sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Lucy visit after Miss Marchmont dies?
2. Where does Lucy look for work in Villette?
3. Lucy must administer the exam that M. Paul cannot. How does she feel about this?
4. Lucy goes into the alley to the nun's tree. While she is there, what does she see
5. How does Lucy feel about the Watson's, a family also on the voyage to France?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lucy respond to Madame Beck's offer for her to teach?
2. How does Lucy come to be at La Terrasse?
3. How does Lucy view Paulina when she first comes to stay with the Brettons?
4. How does Lucy view Isidore?
5. Why does Lucy get sent to the garret by M. Paul?
6. How does Lucy seem to feel about her vocation being made known to the Bassompierre's?
7. Why doesn't Lucy like the readings from the "Old Book"?
8. How does the note in the casket describe Lucy?
9. Describe Miss Marchmont.
10. What happens to Lucy as she is looking for the inn in Villette?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)