|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What words best describe Ginevra?
(a) Hard-working and smart.
(b) Very thoughtful and nice.
(c) Silly and petty.
(d) Funny and intelligent .
2. Where does Lucy go to read her letter from Dr. John?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The alley.
(c) The dark garrett.
(d) Her classroom.
3. From the interaction between Graham and Paulina at the Terrace, what doe Lucy infer?
(a) That Graham wishes he had a little sister.
(b) That Graham likes Lucy more than Paulina.
(c) That Graham does not remember Paulina.
(d) That Graham recognizes Paulina.
4. Who's decision gives Lucy the job at Madame Beck's?
(a) Madame Beck.
(b) Professor M. Paul.
(c) A friendly Englishman.
5. Lucy must administer the exam that M. Paul cannot. How does she feel about this?
(a) She says no and does not do it.
(b) She is glad that she gets to administer the test.
(c) She does not want to administer it, but has to.
(d) She does not care.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lucy spend so much time with Miss Marchmont in Chapter Four?
2. In Chapter 15, Lucy walks into a church and speaks with the priest. What advice does he give her?
3. How does Mr. Home respond to the news that Lucy is a teacher?
4. Who is Lucy Snowe?
5. In Chapter 12, a small object falls out of a window that Lucy is sitting under. What is that object?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lucy decide to bury her letters from Dr. John?
2. Why does M. Paul disapprove of Lucy looking at the Cleopatra?
3. Why does M. Paul have a study at the boys' college?
4. Why is Lucy taking German lessons?
5. Does Lucy believe that the older Paulina is a good person?
6. What happens to Lucy as she is looking for the inn in Villette?
7. How does Lucy feel about Paulina and Graham's relationship?
8. What rumors has Lucy heard that may be the reason behind M. Paul's departure from Europe?
9. Madame Beck tells Lucy she cannot marry M. Paul. Why does Lucy think Madame Beck is saying this?
10. How does M. de Bassompierre react when Graham speaks with him about Paulina?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)