|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. John think that the nun is?
(a) A hallucination.
(b) A gypsy.
(c) A student playing a prank.
(d) A ghost.
2. Why is Ginevra Fanshawe also going to France?
(a) Because she is friends with Lucy.
(b) To go to school in Villette.
(c) To join her father in France.
(d) Because she is looking for work too.
3. What does Dr. John see Ginevra doing at the concert?
(b) Sleeping during the music.
(d) Laughing at him and his mother.
4. What is the name of the ship that Lucy takes to France?
(a) The Star.
(b) The S.S. France.
(c) The Gloria.
(d) The Vivid.
5. In Chapter 14, what big summer celebration is going to take place?
(a) Madame Beck's birthday.
(b) The end of school.
(c) All Saint's Day.
(d) Independence Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr. John speaks with Lucy about the notes that she found. Who does it seem the notes are for?
2. Dysirye, Madame Beck's eldest daughter, is...
3. What does Lucy win at the lottery?
4. What does M. de Bassompierre ask Lucy to do for Paulina?
5. Who does Lucy visit after Miss Marchmont dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does M. Paul have a study at the boys' college?
2. What are three things that Lucy does in the three years M. Paul is gone?
3. How do Dr. John and Mrs. Bretton become reunited with Mr. Home toward the middle of the book?
4. Describe Paulina and Graham's relationship at the beginning of the book.
5. Why do Ginevra's words that she believed Lucy "a little nobody" not matter to Lucy?
6. How does Lucy feel about Graham thinking that she is jealous of Ginevra?
7. Describe Miss Marchmont.
8. Why does M. Paul show Lucy's essay to his colleagues?
9. Why does Lucy decide to bury her letters from Dr. John?
10. What shift do we see in M. Paul and Lucy's relationship while they are in the country for breakfast?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)