|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the play, who scolds Ginevra for being without her shawl?
(b) Madame Beck.
(c) Dr. John.
2. Who interrupts Lucy as she gazes at the Cleopatra?
(a) Mrs. Bretton.
(b) Dr. John.
(c) M. Paul.
(d) Madame Beck.
3. Why does Lucy regularly visit the hotel?
(a) To tutor other students.
(b) To visit friends.
(c) To take German lessons.
(d) To get away from the school.
4. From the interaction between Graham and Paulina at the Terrace, what doe Lucy infer?
(a) That Graham recognizes Paulina.
(b) That Graham wishes he had a little sister.
(c) That Graham likes Lucy more than Paulina.
(d) That Graham does not remember Paulina.
5. According to the doctor, who found Lucy after she had fainted earlier?
(b) The priest.
(c) Dr. John.
(d) M. Paul.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Home respond to the news that Lucy is a teacher?
2. What does Lucy find is missing when she arrives in Villette?
3. In Chapter 16, when Dr. John comes to the house, who does Lucy finally recognize him to be?
4. In Chapter 13, Lucy is in the Etude de soir for the evening to study but soon leaves, why does she leave?
5. Paulina tells Lucy that her cousin Ginevra has told her much about love. What is one thing that Ginevra has told Paulina?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lucy feel about the pink dress?
2. How does the note in the casket describe Lucy?
3. How does Lucy feel about Graham thinking that she is jealous of Ginevra?
4. What advice does the priest give Lucy in Chapter 15?
5. How does Lucy come to be at La Terrasse?
6. How do Dr. John and Mrs. Bretton become reunited with Mr. Home toward the middle of the book?
7. How does Paulina act when Mr. Home returns to the Bretton's in the beginning of the novel?
8. What happens to Lucy as she is looking for the inn in Villette?
9. How does Lucy feel about to returning to La Rue Fossette after her illness?
10. In Chapter 16, how does Mrs. Bretton react to seeing her goddaughter again?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)