|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lucy look for work in Villette?
(a) At a school.
(b) At an inn.
(c) Everywhere, she just needs a job.
(d) At someone's house .
2. When Graham is called away to work, Lucy and Paulina are left together and share a silent afternoon. How does Lucy seem to feel about this?
(a) She is pleased that Paulina is such quiet company.
(b) She wishes that other were there to talk with.
(c) She assumes that Paulina is very shy.
(d) She thinks Paulina is rude.
3. How does Mr. Home respond to the news that Lucy is a teacher?
(a) He does not address it at all.
(b) He is rude .
(c) He is embarrassed for her.
(d) He proclaims her a good example.
4. What is the name of the ship that Lucy takes to France?
(a) The S.S. France.
(b) The Star.
(c) The Vivid.
(d) The Gloria.
5. According to the doctor, who found Lucy after she had fainted earlier?
(a) M. Paul.
(b) Dr. John.
(c) The priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lucy feel about the Watson's, a family also on the voyage to France?
2. How does Paulina respond when Mr. Home's leaves in Chapter Three?
3. In Chapter Two, how does Paulina act when sitting with the "adults"?
4. What does Lucy find when she return to her room after leaving the Etude de soir?
5. What does Lucy win at the lottery?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the note in the casket describe Lucy?
2. Describe Paulina and Graham's relationship at the beginning of the book.
3. How is Lucy after Miss Marchmont's death?
4. How does Lucy respond to Madame Beck's offer for her to teach?
5. Describe Miss Marchmont.
6. How does Lucy come to be at La Terrasse?
7. Describe Madame Beck's relationship with her children.
8. Why doesn't Lucy like the readings from the "Old Book"?
9. What advice does the priest give Lucy in Chapter 15?
10. Why does Lucy decide to bury her letters from Dr. John?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)