|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lucy sees Ginevra close to the end of her honeymoon. How does Lucy describe Ginevra at this time?
(a) Happy but very tired.
(b) Regretting her elopment.
(c) Beautiful and happy.
(d) Scared to be a wife.
2. What teacher leaves the school because of M. Paul and his fussing?
(a) Madame Beck.
(b) Madame Panache.
3. Ginevra tells Lucy who the nun really is. Who is the nun?
(b) de Hamal.
(c) Madame Beck.
(d) Justine Marie.
4. When everyone else at the school seems to be afraid of M. Paul and his temper, who is the one person who seems to challenge him?
(b) Mrs. Bretton.
(d) Mr. Home.
5. The morning after the festival, Ginevra has gone missing. Where did she go?
(a) She eloped.
(b) She went back home.
(c) She was kidnapped.
(d) She decided to go with M. Paul.
6. Who is afraid to take messages to M. Paul because of his temper issues?
(b) Dr. John.
(d) Madame Beck.
7. In Chapter 36, Lucy finds a lilac pamphlet in her desk. What is the pamphlet about?
(c) Human rights.
(d) Women's rights.
8. M. Paul is leaving Europe to go where?
(b) North America.
(d) South Africa.
9. In Chapter 27, M. Paul stops to speak to Lucy after he has read to the students for the night. What does he say to her?
(a) He very much likes Lucy.
(b) She is the best at making herself unpleasant.
(c) He is sorry for all that he has done.
(d) She is not a very pretty woman.
10. What month does Lucy tell the reader M. Paul's ship is due home?
11. When Lucy is on her way back to Rue Fossette from the fete-night, what strange sight does she see?
(a) Her dead mother.
(b) The nun walking along the street.
(c) A carriage with a white hankerchief waving out the window.
(d) Ginevra and Dr. Graham walking together.
12. Who does Lucy see when she sneaks off at night to the Haute-Ville for the fete night celebration?
(b) Mrs. Leigh.
(c) The Brettons.
(d) The nun.
13. What do Messieurs Boissec and Rochemorte ask Lucy to write an essay about?
(a) Human justice.
(b) The social role of women.
(d) Right and wrong.
14. What does Lucy tell the reader about Paulina and Graham's marriage?
(a) They have many many difficult years.
(b) They are blessed despite some hard times.
(c) Paulina dies right after they marry.
(d) They get divorced.
15. M. Paul soon realizes that Lucy knows his secret about Madame Walravens. What does he ask her to do?
(a) To not tell anyone else.
(b) To trust him.
(c) To leave him alone.
(d) To mind her own business.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years does Lucy tell the reader M. Paul is gone for?
2. How does Madame Walravens respond to Madame Beck's gift?
3. Right before M. Paul says farewell to Lucy, what does he tell her?
4. What does M. Paul say when he joins Lucy in the alley and notices her pale coloring?
5. Lucy will never be Catholic. Why?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)