|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What excuse does M. Paul try to use to convince Lucy to take the public examination?
(a) For the sake of their friendship.
(b) Because he knows she will do great.
(c) Because she is a teacher.
(d) To show Madame Beck .
2. While Lucy is walking alone through the park on an April day, who does she spy?
(a) The de Bassompierre's and Dr. Bretton.
(b) de Hamal and Ginevra.
(c) Dr. Bretton and Ginevra.
(d) M. Paul and Zylie.
3. Who is afraid to take messages to M. Paul because of his temper issues?
(a) Dr. John.
(b) Madame Beck.
4. What part of her new school does Lucy decide to dedicate to M. Paul while he is away?
(a) The study room.
(b) The dining hall.
(c) Her classroom.
(d) The library.
5. How does Madame Walravens respond to Madame Beck's gift?
(a) She loves it.
(b) She throws it out the window.
(c) She tell Lucy to take it back.
(d) She does not know who Madame Beck is.
6. What excuse does M. Paul give Lucy for not wanting to marry Zylie?
(a) He is not the marrying type.
(b) He likes Ginevra.
(c) He does not like Zylie's character.
(d) He is already married.
7. Who seems to have her eye on M. Paul as a potential husband?
(a) Zylie St. Pierre.
(c) Mrs. Bretton.
8. What is Lucy wearing the day of the school's breakfast in the country that causes M. Paul to make fun of her?
(a) Pointy shoes.
(b) A feathery hat.
(c) A boring shawl.
(d) A pink dress.
9. In Chapter 38, who interrupts Lucy and M. Paul in the garden as he is holding her hand and is just about to tell her something?
(b) Graham and Paulina.
(c) Pire Silas and Madame Beck.
10. As M. Paul and Lucy walk together in the alley, what do they see coming out of a tree?
(b) The nun.
(c) A bat.
(d) A boy from the college.
11. Who does Lucy see leaving Madame Walravens house when she is visiting on behalf of Madame Beck?
(a) A priest.
(b) A young child.
(c) Dr. Graham.
(d) M. Paul.
12. Who does Ginevra end up eloping with?
(a) Pire Silas.
(b) Dr. Bretton.
(d) de Hamal.
13. When Paulina tells her father about her love for Graham, how does he respond?
(a) He is glad to get rid of her.
(b) He does not know who Graham is.
(c) He thinks that it is great.
(d) He criticizes Graham.
14. What does M. Paul give to a child to pass on to Lucy as he is leaving the school?
(a) A hankerchief.
(b) A note.
(c) A ring.
(d) A flower.
15. In Chapter 41, M. Paul comes back to the Rue Fossette to say goodbye to Lucy. What is his reaction when he first sees her?
(a) He realizes that he is glad to leave.
(b) He is not excited to see her.
(c) He thinks that she looks well and in good spirits.
(d) He is saddened to see that she has been ill and unhappy.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lucy finds out about M. Paul's generous care of Madame Walravens, what does she think?
2. In the end of the book, Lucy tells the readers that the skies are darkening and that many ships have been lost to the sea. Lucy never confirms that M. Paul returned to her. What does this leave the reader to infer?
3. M. Paul is leaving Europe to go where?
4. How does Lucy respond to hearing about Graham and Paulina's love for each other?
5. In Chapter 36, Lucy finds a lilac pamphlet in her desk. What is the pamphlet about?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)