|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of her new school does Lucy decide to dedicate to M. Paul while he is away?
(a) Her classroom.
(b) The library.
(c) The dining hall.
(d) The study room.
2. When Lucy finds out about M. Paul's generous care of Madame Walravens, what does she think?
(a) She does not understand why he does it.
(b) She thinks it is silly.
(c) She thinks it is pitiful.
(d) She realizes that M. Paul can truly love.
3. Who secretly leaves books and pamphlets in Lucy's desk for her to read?
(c) Madame Beck.
(d) M. Paul.
4. What does Paulina tell Lucy she received from Graham when traveling across France with her father?
(a) A necklace.
(d) A letter.
5. Lucy continues to observe Graham and Paulina together. What is Paulina's presence doing for Graham?
(a) Making him rude to Lucy.
(b) Making him a better man.
(c) Making him too feminine.
(d) Making him distant.
6. M. Paul notes that his plans to leave Europe have changed, why have they changed?
(a) He wants to leave sooner than expected.
(b) He has work to do before he goes.
(c) He is considering not going afterall.
(d) He wants to travel around Europe one last time.
7. When spring and warm weather come around, how is Lucy feeling?
(d) Excited .
8. When everyone else at the school seems to be afraid of M. Paul and his temper, who is the one person who seems to challenge him?
(a) Mr. Home.
(d) Mrs. Bretton.
9. After their big farm breakfast, Lucy and M. Paul sit together under a tree. What is Lucy doing?
(a) Writing a story.
(d) Reading to M. Paul.
10. What languages does M. Paul think Lucy secretly knows?
(a) Swedish and Spanish.
(b) Spanish and Latin.
(c) Greek and Swedish.
(d) Latin and Greek.
11. What do Messieurs Boissec and Rochemorte ask Lucy to write an essay about?
(a) Right and wrong.
(b) The social role of women.
(c) Human justice.
12. What excuse does M. Paul give Lucy for not wanting to marry Zylie?
(a) He is not the marrying type.
(b) He is already married.
(c) He does not like Zylie's character.
(d) He likes Ginevra.
13. The morning after the festival, Ginevra has gone missing. Where did she go?
(a) She was kidnapped.
(b) She went back home.
(c) She eloped.
(d) She decided to go with M. Paul.
14. Lucy tries to deliver a note to M. Paul during his class, and in the process breaks something of his. What does she break?
(a) His pencil.
(b) His lunettes.
(c) The classroom door.
(d) A glass vase.
15. What subject does M. Paul decide to teach Lucy himself?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does M. Paul use his study at the boy's college for?
2. While Lucy and M. Paul are speaking together in the country, what does M. Paul call Lucy?
3. Later that night, after Lucy has delivered the note to M. Paul, he stops by to read to the students. What does he read to them?
4. In Chapter 29, Mrs. Bretton sends a note to Lucy. What does the note say?
5. As M. Paul and Lucy walk together in the alley, what do they see coming out of a tree?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)