|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. M. Paul notes that his plans to leave Europe have changed, why have they changed?
(a) He is considering not going afterall.
(b) He wants to travel around Europe one last time.
(c) He has work to do before he goes.
(d) He wants to leave sooner than expected.
2. What is the name of M. Paul's dog?
3. Lucy decides she will take the note to M. Paul. When she enters his classroom, how does he initially respond?
(a) He calls her a mean name.
(b) He makes her read the note out loud.
(c) He smiles at her.
(d) He ignores her.
4. Two associates from the college are at La Rue Fossette to test Lucy. Why?
(a) Because Lucy wanted to be tested.
(b) Because M. Paul wants Lucy to leave .
(c) Because of an essay M. Paul gave them.
(d) Because Lucy wants to be in college.
5. While waiting in the parlor at Madam Walravens, Lucy begins to study a portrait. Who's portrait is it?
(c) Justine Marie.
(d) Madame Beck.
6. Paulina takes something from both her father and Graham to put into her locket. What does she put in her locket?
(a) Pictures of both men.
(b) Finger nail clippings.
(c) A swatch of fabric.
(d) Locks of hair.
7. Lucy will never be Catholic. Why?
(a) Her parents were Protestant.
(b) She does not need religion.
(c) She does not like the Pope.
(d) She doesn't believe in the extravagance of the Mass.
8. Lucy sees Ginevra close to the end of her honeymoon. How does Lucy describe Ginevra at this time?
(a) Beautiful and happy.
(b) Regretting her elopment.
(c) Scared to be a wife.
(d) Happy but very tired.
9. In Chapter 33, M. Paul asks Lucy what she thinks of his story. What does Lucy say?
(a) She was not paying attention.
(b) She enjoyed it.
(c) She hates stories.
(d) She likes to tell stories too.
10. M. Paul soon realizes that Lucy knows his secret about Madame Walravens. What does he ask her to do?
(a) To not tell anyone else.
(b) To trust him.
(c) To leave him alone.
(d) To mind her own business.
11. Why is Paulina initially nervous to speak with Lucy about her feelings for Graham?
(a) She does not want to be thought weak.
(b) She does not think Lucy likes her.
(c) She thinks Lucy loves Graham.
(d) She does not like Lucy much.
12. What gift did Lucy take time making for M. Paul?
(a) A watchguard.
(b) A painting.
(c) A cake.
(d) A card.
13. What teacher leaves the school because of M. Paul and his fussing?
(c) Madame Beck.
(d) Madame Panache.
14. Right before M. Paul says farewell to Lucy, what does he tell her?
(a) That he will be marrying Justine Marie.
(b) That he loves her.
(c) That she should marry someone else.
(d) That he will not be coming back .
15. What does Lucy tell the reader about Paulina and Graham's marriage?
(a) They have many many difficult years.
(b) They get divorced.
(c) Paulina dies right after they marry.
(d) They are blessed despite some hard times.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 27, M. Paul stops to speak to Lucy after he has read to the students for the night. What does he say to her?
2. When Paulina and her father discuss Paulina's love for Graham, what do we learn about Paulina?
3. Why does M. Paul tell Lucy that people think that she is dangerous for him?
4. Why is Paulina nervous to tell her father about her love for Dr. Bretton?
5. When Lucy finds out about M. Paul's generous care of Madame Walravens, what does she think?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)