|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who works with Madame Beck to tell Lucy about M. Paul's situation with Madame Walravens?
(b) M. Paul.
(c) Dr. Graham.
(d) Pire Silas.
2. When spring and warm weather come around, how is Lucy feeling?
(d) Excited .
3. In Chapter 36, Lucy finds a lilac pamphlet in her desk. What is the pamphlet about?
(a) Women's rights.
(b) Human rights.
4. When M. Paul asks Lucy to write down his stories, what excuse does she offer for not being able to?
(a) She does not like writing .
(b) She writes too slowly.
(c) She does not know how to write.
(d) She cannot because she is writing her own stories.
5. In Chapter 38, who interrupts Lucy and M. Paul in the garden as he is holding her hand and is just about to tell her something?
(b) Pire Silas and Madame Beck.
(c) Graham and Paulina.
6. Lucy takes a walk and begins to think about ways to become more independent. What is her idea for independence?
(a) Opening her own school.
(b) Getting married.
(c) Running away to another country.
(d) Opening her own shops.
7. Madame Beck tells Lucy that M. Paul cannot marry. How does Lucy respond to this?
(a) She says she does not even like M. Paul.
(b) She says that she understands.
(c) She tells Madame Beck that they are already married.
(d) She says Madame Beck just wants him for herself.
8. While Lucy and M. Paul are speaking together in the country, what does M. Paul call Lucy?
(b) Little sister.
(c) Little woman.
9. In the end of the book, Lucy tells the readers that the skies are darkening and that many ships have been lost to the sea. Lucy never confirms that M. Paul returned to her. What does this leave the reader to infer?
(a) Lucy no longer loves M. Paul.
(b) M. Paul decided to stay abroad.
(c) M. Paul is not coming home via ship.
(d) M. Paul's ship was lost at sea.
10. Paulina takes something from both her father and Graham to put into her locket. What does she put in her locket?
(a) A swatch of fabric.
(b) Finger nail clippings.
(c) Locks of hair.
(d) Pictures of both men.
11. What gift did Lucy take time making for M. Paul?
(a) A cake.
(b) A card.
(c) A painting.
(d) A watchguard.
12. What is M. Paul most worried about leaving Lucy at the Rue Fossette when he leaves?
(a) He is worried that Lucy will get more ill.
(b) He is worried that Lucy will forget him.
(c) He is worried about her being able to get letters from him.
(d) He is worried about Madame Beck .
13. In Chapter 41, what does Lucy confess to M. Paul that she is worried about?
(a) That she was dying.
(b) The he had forgotten her.
(c) That he never really liked her.
(d) That M. Paul had already left the country.
14. Visually, how does Lucy describe the town square where Madame Walravens lives?
(a) Very high class.
(c) Bright and cheerful.
15. The more that Lucy and M. Paul speak about their religions, what does Lucy find?
(a) She cannot be friends with M. Paul.
(b) Religion is not a big deal.
(c) Catholicism is the right way.
(d) Their fundamental beliefs are the same.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lucy respond to hearing about Graham and Paulina's love for each other?
2. While Lucy is walking alone through the park on an April day, who does she spy?
3. Lucy tries to deliver a note to M. Paul during his class, and in the process breaks something of his. What does she break?
4. While M. Paul is gone he writes letters to Lucy, what does he say about her religion?
5. When Lucy finds out about M. Paul's generous care of Madame Walravens, what does she think?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)