|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does M. Paul tell Lucy that people think that she is dangerous for him?
(a) Because she is of a different religion.
(b) Because she has no connections.
(c) Because she does not want to marry.
(d) Because she is not loving.
2. What does Lucy tell the reader about Paulina and Graham's marriage?
(a) Paulina dies right after they marry.
(b) They get divorced.
(c) They have many many difficult years.
(d) They are blessed despite some hard times.
3. What is Lucy wearing the day of the school's breakfast in the country that causes M. Paul to make fun of her?
(a) A pink dress.
(b) A feathery hat.
(c) Pointy shoes.
(d) A boring shawl.
4. What does Paulina tell Lucy she received from Graham when traveling across France with her father?
(a) A necklace.
(c) A letter.
5. Right before M. Paul says farewell to Lucy, what does he tell her?
(a) That she should marry someone else.
(b) That he will not be coming back .
(c) That he will be marrying Justine Marie.
(d) That he loves her.
6. Who works with Madame Beck to tell Lucy about M. Paul's situation with Madame Walravens?
(a) Dr. Graham.
(c) M. Paul.
(d) Pire Silas.
7. Why is M. Paul leaving Europe?
(a) To go take care of the estate of Madame Walravens.
(b) To go take care of this wife.
(c) To get away from Madame Walravens.
(d) Because he is sick of Europe.
8. What does M. Paul give to a child to pass on to Lucy as he is leaving the school?
(a) A flower.
(b) A note.
(c) A ring.
(d) A hankerchief.
9. What do Messieurs Boissec and Rochemorte ask Lucy to write an essay about?
(b) Human justice.
(c) Right and wrong.
(d) The social role of women.
10. What is the name of M. Paul's dog?
11. What teacher leaves the school because of M. Paul and his fussing?
(a) Madame Panache.
(b) Madame Beck.
12. Who does Ginevra end up eloping with?
(b) Pire Silas.
(c) Dr. Bretton.
(d) de Hamal.
13. What is M. Paul most worried about leaving Lucy at the Rue Fossette when he leaves?
(a) He is worried that Lucy will forget him.
(b) He is worried about her being able to get letters from him.
(c) He is worried that Lucy will get more ill.
(d) He is worried about Madame Beck .
14. In the end of the book, Lucy tells the readers that the skies are darkening and that many ships have been lost to the sea. Lucy never confirms that M. Paul returned to her. What does this leave the reader to infer?
(a) Lucy no longer loves M. Paul.
(b) M. Paul decided to stay abroad.
(c) M. Paul's ship was lost at sea.
(d) M. Paul is not coming home via ship.
15. When M. Paul asks Lucy to write down his stories, what excuse does she offer for not being able to?
(a) She does not know how to write.
(b) She does not like writing .
(c) She cannot because she is writing her own stories.
(d) She writes too slowly.
Short Answer Questions
1. The more that Lucy and M. Paul speak about their religions, what does Lucy find?
2. Two associates from the college are at La Rue Fossette to test Lucy. Why?
3. When Lucy is on her way back to Rue Fossette from the fete-night, what strange sight does she see?
4. Lucy sees Ginevra close to the end of her honeymoon. How does Lucy describe Ginevra at this time?
5. What month does Lucy tell the reader M. Paul's ship is due home?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)