|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does M. Paul react when he receives Lucy's gift for his fete-day?
(a) He does not like it .
(b) He is very pleased.
(c) He does not care either way.
(d) He is embarrassed.
2. Why does M. Paul tell Lucy that people think that she is dangerous for him?
(a) Because she has no connections.
(b) Because she does not want to marry.
(c) Because she is not loving.
(d) Because she is of a different religion.
3. In Chapter 36, Lucy finds a lilac pamphlet in her desk. What is the pamphlet about?
(a) Human rights.
(b) Women's rights.
4. All the students and teacher bring something for M. Paul to celebrate his fete. What do they bring?
(a) A plaque.
(b) A trophy.
(c) A medallion.
(d) A bouquet.
5. In Chapter 41, M. Paul comes back to the Rue Fossette to say goodbye to Lucy. What is his reaction when he first sees her?
(a) He realizes that he is glad to leave.
(b) He is saddened to see that she has been ill and unhappy.
(c) He thinks that she looks well and in good spirits.
(d) He is not excited to see her.
6. Lucy sees Ginevra close to the end of her honeymoon. How does Lucy describe Ginevra at this time?
(a) Happy but very tired.
(b) Regretting her elopment.
(c) Beautiful and happy.
(d) Scared to be a wife.
7. In Chapter 27, M. Paul stops to speak to Lucy after he has read to the students for the night. What does he say to her?
(a) He very much likes Lucy.
(b) She is not a very pretty woman.
(c) He is sorry for all that he has done.
(d) She is the best at making herself unpleasant.
8. Who seems to have her eye on M. Paul as a potential husband?
(a) Mrs. Bretton.
(c) Zylie St. Pierre.
9. M. Paul notes that his plans to leave Europe have changed, why have they changed?
(a) He is considering not going afterall.
(b) He wants to travel around Europe one last time.
(c) He has work to do before he goes.
(d) He wants to leave sooner than expected.
10. The morning after the festival, Ginevra has gone missing. Where did she go?
(a) She was kidnapped.
(b) She went back home.
(c) She eloped.
(d) She decided to go with M. Paul.
11. When Lucy is on her way back to Rue Fossette from the fete-night, what strange sight does she see?
(a) Her dead mother.
(b) The nun walking along the street.
(c) A carriage with a white hankerchief waving out the window.
(d) Ginevra and Dr. Graham walking together.
12. Right before M. Paul says farewell to Lucy, what does he tell her?
(a) That she should marry someone else.
(b) That he loves her.
(c) That he will not be coming back .
(d) That he will be marrying Justine Marie.
13. Who does Ginevra end up eloping with?
(a) Dr. Bretton.
(c) Pire Silas.
(d) de Hamal.
14. What month does Lucy tell the reader M. Paul's ship is due home?
15. Lucy decides she will take the note to M. Paul. When she enters his classroom, how does he initially respond?
(a) He makes her read the note out loud.
(b) He ignores her.
(c) He smiles at her.
(d) He calls her a mean name.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Lucy see when she sneaks off at night to the Haute-Ville for the fete night celebration?
2. After their big farm breakfast, Lucy and M. Paul sit together under a tree. What is Lucy doing?
3. How does Madame Walravens respond to Madame Beck's gift?
4. In Chapter 41, what does Lucy confess to M. Paul that she is worried about?
5. Who works with Madame Beck to tell Lucy about M. Paul's situation with Madame Walravens?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)