|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lucy wearing the day of the school's breakfast in the country that causes M. Paul to make fun of her?
(a) A pink dress.
(b) A feathery hat.
(c) Pointy shoes.
(d) A boring shawl.
2. Paulina asks Lucy her opinion of Graham. What does Lucy say about Graham?
(a) He is a kind man.
(b) He does not like Paulina.
(c) He is too quiet.
(d) He is rude.
3. When M. Paul asks Lucy to write down his stories, what excuse does she offer for not being able to?
(a) She does not like writing .
(b) She writes too slowly.
(c) She does not know how to write.
(d) She cannot because she is writing her own stories.
4. What gift did Lucy take time making for M. Paul?
(a) A card.
(b) A painting.
(c) A cake.
(d) A watchguard.
5. The morning after the festival, Ginevra has gone missing. Where did she go?
(a) She went back home.
(b) She eloped.
(c) She decided to go with M. Paul.
(d) She was kidnapped.
6. Why does Madame Beck ask Lucy to go to Madame Walravens?
(a) To bring her some dinner.
(b) To drop off a basket.
(c) To deliver a note.
(d) To invite her to a party.
7. What does M. Paul say when he joins Lucy in the alley and notices her pale coloring?
(a) She looks pretty.
(b) She should spend more time outside.
(c) She should try to sleep more.
(d) She needs looking after.
8. While waiting in the parlor at Madam Walravens, Lucy begins to study a portrait. Who's portrait is it?
(a) Madame Beck.
(d) Justine Marie.
9. Who is afraid to take messages to M. Paul because of his temper issues?
(c) Madame Beck.
(d) Dr. John.
10. While Lucy is walking alone through the park on an April day, who does she spy?
(a) de Hamal and Ginevra.
(b) M. Paul and Zylie.
(c) The de Bassompierre's and Dr. Bretton.
(d) Dr. Bretton and Ginevra.
11. Who does Lucy see when she sneaks off at night to the Haute-Ville for the fete night celebration?
(a) The nun.
(b) The Brettons.
(d) Mrs. Leigh.
12. M. Paul is leaving Europe to go where?
(b) South Africa.
(c) North America.
13. Lucy tries to deliver a note to M. Paul during his class, and in the process breaks something of his. What does she break?
(a) A glass vase.
(b) The classroom door.
(c) His lunettes.
(d) His pencil.
14. Later that night, after Lucy has delivered the note to M. Paul, he stops by to read to the students. What does he read to them?
(a) A play by William Shakespeare.
(b) A passage from the Bible.
(c) A poem he wrote.
(d) Sections from his German lesson book.
15. Lucy continues to observe Graham and Paulina together. What is Paulina's presence doing for Graham?
(a) Making him rude to Lucy.
(b) Making him a better man.
(c) Making him too feminine.
(d) Making him distant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lucy tell the reader about Paulina and Graham's marriage?
2. Lucy decides she will take the note to M. Paul. When she enters his classroom, how does he initially respond?
3. What part of her new school does Lucy decide to dedicate to M. Paul while he is away?
4. In Chapter 36, Lucy finds a lilac pamphlet in her desk. What is the pamphlet about?
5. How does M. Paul react when he receives Lucy's gift for his fete-day?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)