|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who hurts Lucy's feelings at the hotel dinner by calling her a coquette?
(b) M. Paul.
(c) Mrs. Bretton.
(d) Mr. Home.
2. After Mr. Home's leaves, who becomes Paulina's new object of affection?
(a) A house-maid.
(c) Lucy Snowe.
(d) Mrs. Bretton.
3. Who's illness leads to Dr. John being called to the school?
4. When Lucy sees that her letters have been rifled through once again, what does she do?
(a) Locks them in a box.
(b) Hides them under her mattress.
(c) Burns them all.
(d) Has them sealed in a bottle.
5. How does Lucy feel her first night in London?
(a) Scared and overwhelmed.
(b) Curious and ready for adventure.
(d) Happy and calm.
6. In Chapter 10, who does Lucy recognize Dr. John to be when he comes to see Fifine?
(a) The man who assisted her the first night in Villette.
(b) Her friend from childhood.
(c) Mr. Home.
(d) One of the passengers on the voyage to France.
7. When Miss Fanshawe comes to speak with Lucy in her classroom, what is she pleased to hear?
(a) Lucy missed her when she was away.
(b) Lucy feels much better.
(c) de Hamal loves Miss Fanshaw.
(d) Dr. John was jealous at the concert.
8. What is the school believed to have been before it was a school?
(a) A convent.
(b) A graveyard.
(c) The house of a rich widow.
(d) It has always been a school.
9. What does Dr. John see Ginevra doing at the concert?
(a) Sleeping during the music.
(b) Laughing at him and his mother.
10. Why does Paulina come to live with Mrs. Bretton in Chapter One?
(a) She is visiting Lucy.
(b) Her father is travelling to France.
(c) She is Mrs. Bretton's friend.
(d) She has no family.
11. A fortnight after Lucy's return to school, M. Paul delivers something to her. What is it?
(a) A book.
(b) A bottle of medicine.
(c) A new hat.
(d) A letter.
12. What job is Lucy originally hired to do when working for Madame Beck?
(a) Clean the house.
(b) Help Mrs. Sweeny .
(c) Cook for the family.
(d) Watch after Madame Beck's children.
13. Where does Dr. Graham frequently drop off Lucy while he is working?
(a) The store.
(b) Rue Fossette.
(c) The park.
(d) A museum.
14. What disaster happens during the play that leads to the patrons being evacuated from the hall?
(a) Lucy faints.
(b) An earthquake .
(c) A fire breaks out.
(d) Someone gets sick.
15. Who is the actress in the play that impresses Lucy with her drama and passion?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lucy decide to go to Villette?
2. How does Lucy view Paulina now that she is older?
3. Several weeks after the theater fire, Lucy has not seen the Brettons. What have they been doing?
4. Who interrupts Lucy as she gazes at the Cleopatra?
5. What nickname does Graham tend to call Lucy?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)