|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the new dress that Mrs. Bretton purchases for Lucy?
(a) Brown .
(b) Navy Blue.
2. Where does Lucy look for work in Villette?
(a) At someone's house .
(b) At an inn.
(c) Everywhere, she just needs a job.
(d) At a school.
3. Lucy goes into the alley to the nun's tree. While she is there, what does she see
(a) The figure of the nun.
(b) Ginevra and de Hamal.
(c) M. Paul waiting for her.
4. What is the school believed to have been before it was a school?
(a) The house of a rich widow.
(b) It has always been a school.
(c) A graveyard.
(d) A convent.
5. What is the name of the ship that Lucy takes to France?
(a) The Gloria.
(b) The S.S. France.
(c) The Star.
(d) The Vivid.
6. In Chapter 14, what big summer celebration is going to take place?
(a) Madame Beck's birthday.
(b) The end of school.
(c) Independence Day.
(d) All Saint's Day.
7. When Mrs. Bretton mentions to M. de Bassompierre that Lucy is a teacher, how does Lucy feel?
(b) Happy that Mrs. Bretton brought it up.
(c) She doesn't care what he thinks.
8. Ginevra and Lucy attend a speech given in honor of the birthday of a young prince. Who is the speaker?
(a) The king.
(b) M. de Bassompierre.
(c) M. Paul.
(d) Madame Beck.
9. How does Lucy feel her first night in London?
(a) Happy and calm.
(b) Curious and ready for adventure.
(c) Scared and overwhelmed.
10. In Chapter 13, Lucy is in the Etude de soir for the evening to study but soon leaves, why does she leave?
(a) She hates the book of lectures.
(b) It is dinner time.
(c) It is time for her to go to bed.
(d) She does not need to study.
11. A fortnight after Lucy's return to school, M. Paul delivers something to her. What is it?
(a) A book.
(b) A new hat.
(c) A letter.
(d) A bottle of medicine.
12. How does Lucy feel when Madame Beck asks her if she can teach a class?
(a) She says no and does not teach.
(b) She is scared .
(c) She loves teaching.
(d) She is excited.
13. When Ginevra and Lucy are going to the speech, what comment does Ginevra make about her and Lucy both going to visit the de Bassompierre's?
(a) She is glad because she really likes Lucy.
(b) She thinks Lucy is trying to steal Paulina's attention.
(c) She thinks it is funny; she thought Lucy was a nobody.
(d) She really does not like the de Bassompierre's.
14. When Graham is sitting with Lucy at the Prince's birthday dinner, who does he comment is a fine girl?
(d) Madame Beck.
15. How do M. Paul's college students feel about him?
(a) They like his passion.
(b) They do not like him.
(c) They think that he is boring.
(d) They think he is handsome.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lucy returns to the school after her time with the Brettons. Who does she see watching her through the window as she is crying?
2. What does Lucy spend time doing when the students are gone for the summer?
3. What does Lucy find is missing when she arrives in Villette?
4. After the concert, who does Dr. John say he might give his lottery prize to?
5. What nickname does Graham tend to call Lucy?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)