|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the ship that Lucy takes to France?
(a) The Vivid.
(b) The Gloria.
(c) The S.S. France.
(d) The Star.
2. Who hurts Lucy's feelings at the hotel dinner by calling her a coquette?
(a) Mr. Home.
(c) M. Paul.
(d) Mrs. Bretton.
3. Miss Marchmont mentions "Frank", who is Frank?
(a) Miss Marchmont's son.
(b) Lucy's brother.
(c) A servant in the house.
(d) Miss Marchmont's former fiance.
4. When Miss Fanshawe comes to speak with Lucy in her classroom, what is she pleased to hear?
(a) Dr. John was jealous at the concert.
(b) de Hamal loves Miss Fanshaw.
(c) Lucy missed her when she was away.
(d) Lucy feels much better.
5. Why does Dr. John take Lucy to the theater alone?
(a) Because his mother cannot join them.
(b) Because he secretly loves her.
(c) To make Ginevra jealous.
(d) Because he feels sorry for her.
6. Lucy returns to the school after her time with the Brettons. Who does she see watching her through the window as she is crying?
(b) Dr. Graham.
(c) Madame Beck.
(d) M. Paul.
7. In Chapter 14, what big summer celebration is going to take place?
(a) All Saint's Day.
(b) Independence Day.
(c) The end of school.
(d) Madame Beck's birthday.
8. What does Dr. John think that the nun is?
(a) A ghost.
(b) A gypsy.
(c) A student playing a prank.
(d) A hallucination.
9. Who's illness leads to Dr. John being called to the school?
10. Why is Ginevra Fanshawe also going to France?
(a) Because she is friends with Lucy.
(b) To join her father in France.
(c) To go to school in Villette.
(d) Because she is looking for work too.
11. In Chapter 12, a small object falls out of a window that Lucy is sitting under. What is that object?
(a) A candy.
(b) A casket.
(c) A locket.
(d) A flower.
12. Who is Isidore?
(a) A student at the school.
(b) Another professor.
(c) Lucy's friend .
(d) Ginevra's suitor.
13. What does Dr. John see Ginevra doing at the concert?
(b) Laughing at him and his mother.
(c) Sleeping during the music.
14. What is the one final exam that M. Paul cannot administer because he does not know the subject well enough?
15. Lucy is Protestant and makes comments to the students that Madame Beck does not agree with. Why does she not agree with Lucy's Protestant comments?
(a) Madame Beck is Catholic.
(b) Lucy is not a good Protestant.
(c) Madame Beck does not believe in religion.
(d) Madame Beck just doesn't like Lucy.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Two, how does Paulina act when sitting with the "adults"?
2. Who interrupts Lucy as she gazes at the Cleopatra?
3. When Graham is called away to work, Lucy and Paulina are left together and share a silent afternoon. How does Lucy seem to feel about this?
4. What does Graham offer Paulina when they are at the Terrace?
5. How does Lucy view Paulina when she first meets her?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)