|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Graham is sitting with Lucy at the Prince's birthday dinner, who does he comment is a fine girl?
(b) Madame Beck.
2. What does Dr. John think that the nun is?
(a) A student playing a prank.
(b) A hallucination.
(c) A ghost.
(d) A gypsy.
3. Who's decision gives Lucy the job at Madame Beck's?
(a) A friendly Englishman.
(b) Professor M. Paul.
(d) Madame Beck.
4. How do the parents seem to initially react when they hear that a doctor they do not know was called to look after their children?
(b) They didn't care.
(d) They did not even know there was a doctor called.
5. Lucy returns to the school after her time with the Brettons. Who does she see watching her through the window as she is crying?
(a) Madame Beck.
(b) Dr. Graham.
(c) M. Paul.
6. In Chapter 12, a small object falls out of a window that Lucy is sitting under. What is that object?
(a) A locket.
(b) A casket.
(c) A candy.
(d) A flower.
7. Who does Graham inquire after to Lucy?
(a) Madame Beck.
8. In Chapter 15, Lucy walks into a church and speaks with the priest. What advice does he give her?
(a) She should become Catholic.
(b) Just pray.
(c) She is fine.
(d) She should go to a Protestant church.
9. What happens to Fifine to cause the doctor to have to be called?
(a) She is pretending to be sick.
(b) She falls and hurts her arm.
(c) She has a tooth ache.
(d) She is very ill .
10. After the concert, who does Dr. John say he might give his lottery prize to?
(a) Mrs. Bretton.
11. Several weeks after the theater fire, Lucy has not seen the Brettons. What have they been doing?
(a) Visiting the young girl from the theater.
(b) Avoiding Lucy.
(c) On vacation.
(d) Travelling the countryside.
12. Why does Dr. John take Lucy to the theater alone?
(a) Because his mother cannot join them.
(b) Because he secretly loves her.
(c) Because he feels sorry for her.
(d) To make Ginevra jealous.
13. What nickname does Graham tend to call Lucy?
(a) Silent Shadow.
(b) Wild Child.
(c) Little Teacher.
14. Who does Lucy visit after Miss Marchmont dies?
(a) Mrs. Barrett.
(c) Mrs. Bretton.
(d) Her family.
15. Where does Lucy go to read her letter from Dr. John?
(a) The alley.
(b) Her classroom.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The dark garrett.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Miss de Bassompierre end up being?
2. What does Dr. John see Ginevra doing at the concert?
3. Lucy is Protestant and makes comments to the students that Madame Beck does not agree with. Why does she not agree with Lucy's Protestant comments?
4. Where does M. Paul take Lucy so that she can practice for the play?
5. What color is the new dress that Mrs. Bretton purchases for Lucy?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)