|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lucy feel her first night in London?
(a) Curious and ready for adventure.
(c) Happy and calm.
(d) Scared and overwhelmed.
2. Where does Lucy find herself near when she is praying in London?
(a) The Parliament Building.
(b) St. Paul's .
(c) Big Ben.
(d) Buckingham Palace.
3. What nickname does Graham tend to call Lucy?
(a) Silent Shadow.
(b) Wild Child.
(d) Little Teacher.
4. What dark and quiet place does Lucy like to spend time alone at?
(a) The basement .
(b) The garden.
(c) Her room.
(d) The Forbidden Alley.
5. What is the name of the ship that Lucy takes to France?
(a) The Star.
(b) The Gloria.
(c) The S.S. France.
(d) The Vivid.
6. Why does Lucy regularly visit the hotel?
(a) To get away from the school.
(b) To tutor other students.
(c) To take German lessons.
(d) To visit friends.
7. Lucy returns to the school after her time with the Brettons. Who does she see watching her through the window as she is crying?
(b) Dr. Graham.
(c) Madame Beck.
(d) M. Paul.
8. How do the parents seem to initially react when they hear that a doctor they do not know was called to look after their children?
(c) They didn't care.
(d) They did not even know there was a doctor called.
9. Who is Isidore?
(a) A student at the school.
(b) Ginevra's suitor.
(c) Lucy's friend .
(d) Another professor.
10. When Miss Fanshawe comes to speak with Lucy in her classroom, what is she pleased to hear?
(a) Lucy missed her when she was away.
(b) Dr. John was jealous at the concert.
(c) de Hamal loves Miss Fanshaw.
(d) Lucy feels much better.
11. Lucy must administer the exam that M. Paul cannot. How does she feel about this?
(a) She says no and does not do it.
(b) She does not care.
(c) She does not want to administer it, but has to.
(d) She is glad that she gets to administer the test.
12. When Graham is sitting with Lucy at the Prince's birthday dinner, who does he comment is a fine girl?
(b) Madame Beck.
13. Lucy is about to read her letter from Dr. John when she sees a dark figure, a nun. What does she forget when she goes to tell Madame Beck and her guests about the nun?
(a) Her coat.
(b) Her shoes.
(c) Her glasses.
(d) Her letter.
14. Why does Paulina come to live with Mrs. Bretton in Chapter One?
(a) She has no family.
(b) Her father is travelling to France.
(c) She is Mrs. Bretton's friend.
(d) She is visiting Lucy.
15. How does Mr. Home respond to the news that Lucy is a teacher?
(a) He is rude .
(b) He is embarrassed for her.
(c) He does not address it at all.
(d) He proclaims her a good example.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dr. Graham frequently drop off Lucy while he is working?
2. Who interrupts Lucy as she gazes at the Cleopatra?
3. What is the name of Dr. John's home?
4. Why is Ginevra Fanshawe also going to France?
5. Miss Marchmont mentions "Frank", who is Frank?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)