|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lucy must administer the exam that M. Paul cannot. How does she feel about this?
(a) She does not care.
(b) She says no and does not do it.
(c) She does not want to administer it, but has to.
(d) She is glad that she gets to administer the test.
2. How do M. Paul's college students feel about him?
(a) They do not like him.
(b) They think he is handsome.
(c) They like his passion.
(d) They think that he is boring.
3. Why does Madame Beck seem upset when Dr. John leaves?
(a) Because Dr. John does not seem interested in her admiration.
(b) Because Lucy spoke English.
(c) Because her daughter was sick.
(d) Because parents were upset that he was there.
4. Who's illness leads to Dr. John being called to the school?
5. Why does Lucy spend so much time with Miss Marchmont in Chapter Four?
(a) Lucy is hired to care for her.
(b) Lucy is her tutor.
(c) She is Lucy's best childhood friend.
(d) She is Lucy's sister.
6. A fortnight after Lucy's return to school, M. Paul delivers something to her. What is it?
(a) A letter.
(b) A book.
(c) A bottle of medicine.
(d) A new hat.
7. Lucy goes into the alley to the nun's tree. While she is there, what does she see
(b) The figure of the nun.
(c) M. Paul waiting for her.
(d) Ginevra and de Hamal.
8. When Lucy returns to school, she notices her letters are missing. Who does she think has been looking at these letters?
(a) Madame Beck and M. Paul.
(c) Rosine, the housemaid.
(d) Madame Beck's three daughters.
9. What does M. de Bassompierre ask Lucy to do for Paulina?
(a) Be her companion.
(b) Teach her French.
(c) Be her personal tutor.
(d) Help her get ready for dinner parties.
10. What words best describe Ginevra?
(a) Silly and petty.
(b) Funny and intelligent .
(c) Very thoughtful and nice.
(d) Hard-working and smart.
11. What dark and quiet place does Lucy like to spend time alone at?
(a) Her room.
(b) The Forbidden Alley.
(c) The garden.
(d) The basement .
12. Who does Graham inquire after to Lucy?
(d) Madame Beck.
13. When Mrs. Bretton mentions to M. de Bassompierre that Lucy is a teacher, how does Lucy feel?
(b) Happy that Mrs. Bretton brought it up.
(d) She doesn't care what he thinks.
14. In Chapter Two, how does Paulina act when sitting with the "adults"?
(a) She is very talkative and childlike.
(b) She is bored and tries to leave.
(c) She wants to play with Lucy.
(d) She tries to act like an adult, too.
15. What nickname does Graham tend to call Lucy?
(a) Wild Child.
(b) Silent Shadow.
(d) Little Teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dr. Graham frequently drop off Lucy while he is working?
2. Lucy returns to the school after her time with the Brettons. Who does she see watching her through the window as she is crying?
3. What does Graham offer Paulina when they are at the Terrace?
4. What does Mr. Home's letter to Mrs. Bretton say?
5. What is the one final exam that M. Paul cannot administer because he does not know the subject well enough?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)