|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 12, a small object falls out of a window that Lucy is sitting under. What is that object?
(a) A casket.
(b) A flower.
(c) A locket.
(d) A candy.
2. How does Lucy feel when Madame Beck asks her if she can teach a class?
(a) She loves teaching.
(b) She is scared .
(c) She says no and does not teach.
(d) She is excited.
3. In who's house does Lucy find herself after she swoons?
(a) Madame Beck's.
(b) Mrs. Bretton's.
(c) Mrs. Leigh's.
(d) Her own house.
4. Miss Marchmont mentions "Frank", who is Frank?
(a) Lucy's brother.
(b) A servant in the house.
(c) Miss Marchmont's son.
(d) Miss Marchmont's former fiance.
5. Who is Lucy Snowe?
(a) Paulina's sister.
(b) Mr. Home's neice.
(c) Mrs. Bretton's granddaughter.
(d) Mrs. Bretton's goddaughter.
6. What happens to Fifine to cause the doctor to have to be called?
(a) She falls and hurts her arm.
(b) She has a tooth ache.
(c) She is pretending to be sick.
(d) She is very ill .
7. A fortnight after Lucy's return to school, M. Paul delivers something to her. What is it?
(a) A bottle of medicine.
(b) A letter.
(c) A book.
(d) A new hat.
8. Why does Lucy regularly visit the hotel?
(a) To get away from the school.
(b) To visit friends.
(c) To tutor other students.
(d) To take German lessons.
9. What dark and quiet place does Lucy like to spend time alone at?
(a) The garden.
(b) Her room.
(c) The Forbidden Alley.
(d) The basement .
10. What is the name of Dr. John's home?
(a) La Terrasse.
(b) Rue Fossette.
(c) Jour Heureux .
(d) Beau Ciel .
11. From the interaction between Graham and Paulina at the Terrace, what doe Lucy infer?
(a) That Graham likes Lucy more than Paulina.
(b) That Graham recognizes Paulina.
(c) That Graham does not remember Paulina.
(d) That Graham wishes he had a little sister.
12. What does Lucy win at the lottery?
(a) A lady's turban.
(b) A cigar case.
(c) A dress.
(d) A purse.
13. Who's decision gives Lucy the job at Madame Beck's?
(a) A friendly Englishman.
(c) Madame Beck.
(d) Professor M. Paul.
14. Ginevra and Lucy attend a speech given in honor of the birthday of a young prince. Who is the speaker?
(a) M. de Bassompierre.
(b) M. Paul.
(c) The king.
(d) Madame Beck.
15. Why does Madame Beck seem upset when Dr. John leaves?
(a) Because Dr. John does not seem interested in her admiration.
(b) Because her daughter was sick.
(c) Because parents were upset that he was there.
(d) Because Lucy spoke English.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Ginevra Fanshawe also going to France?
2. When Lucy sees that her letters have been rifled through once again, what does she do?
3. What does Mr. Home's letter to Mrs. Bretton say?
4. Why does Lucy spend so much time with Miss Marchmont in Chapter Four?
5. In Chapter 13, Lucy is in the Etude de soir for the evening to study but soon leaves, why does she leave?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)