|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lucy feel when Madame Beck asks her if she can teach a class?
(a) She loves teaching.
(b) She is excited.
(c) She says no and does not teach.
(d) She is scared .
2. In Chapter 15, Lucy walks into a church and speaks with the priest. What advice does he give her?
(a) She is fine.
(b) She should become Catholic.
(c) She should go to a Protestant church.
(d) Just pray.
3. What words best describe Ginevra?
(a) Very thoughtful and nice.
(b) Silly and petty.
(c) Funny and intelligent .
(d) Hard-working and smart.
4. A fortnight after Lucy's return to school, M. Paul delivers something to her. What is it?
(a) A new hat.
(b) A letter.
(c) A book.
(d) A bottle of medicine.
5. Miss Marchmont mentions "Frank", who is Frank?
(a) A servant in the house.
(b) Lucy's brother.
(c) Miss Marchmont's son.
(d) Miss Marchmont's former fiance.
6. When Lucy returns to school, she notices her letters are missing. Who does she think has been looking at these letters?
(a) Madame Beck and M. Paul.
(b) Madame Beck's three daughters.
(d) Rosine, the housemaid.
7. Why is Ginevra Fanshawe also going to France?
(a) Because she is friends with Lucy.
(b) Because she is looking for work too.
(c) To go to school in Villette.
(d) To join her father in France.
8. Several weeks after the theater fire, Lucy has not seen the Brettons. What have they been doing?
(a) Visiting the young girl from the theater.
(b) Travelling the countryside.
(c) Avoiding Lucy.
(d) On vacation.
9. According to the doctor, who found Lucy after she had fainted earlier?
(b) The priest.
(c) M. Paul.
(d) Dr. John.
10. When Dr. John and Lucy are leaving the play, what do they see?
(a) The actors running out.
(b) Mrs. Bretton.
(c) A girl being trampled.
(d) The nun.
11. Dr. John speaks with Lucy about the notes that she found. Who does it seem the notes are for?
(a) Madame Beck.
12. How does Mr. Home respond to the news that Lucy is a teacher?
(a) He is rude .
(b) He is embarrassed for her.
(c) He proclaims her a good example.
(d) He does not address it at all.
13. Who is Isidore?
(a) Another professor.
(b) A student at the school.
(c) Ginevra's suitor.
(d) Lucy's friend .
14. In Chapter 12, a small object falls out of a window that Lucy is sitting under. What is that object?
(a) A flower.
(b) A candy.
(c) A locket.
(d) A casket.
15. Where does Lucy look for work in Villette?
(a) At a school.
(b) At someone's house .
(c) At an inn.
(d) Everywhere, she just needs a job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Graham inquire after to Lucy?
2. How does Lucy feel her first night in London?
3. Where does Dr. Graham frequently drop off Lucy while he is working?
4. What does Dr. John see Ginevra doing at the concert?
5. What color is the new dress that Mrs. Bretton purchases for Lucy?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)