|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lucy respond to her conversation with Dr. John and his accusations of jealousy?
(a) She cries and leaves.
(b) She says nothing.
(c) She gets embarrased because she is jealous.
(d) She loses her temper.
2. Who's decision gives Lucy the job at Madame Beck's?
(a) Madame Beck.
(c) A friendly Englishman.
(d) Professor M. Paul.
3. What dark and quiet place does Lucy like to spend time alone at?
(a) The garden.
(b) The basement .
(c) Her room.
(d) The Forbidden Alley.
4. In Chapter 12, a small object falls out of a window that Lucy is sitting under. What is that object?
(a) A locket.
(b) A casket.
(c) A flower.
(d) A candy.
5. Who is Isidore?
(a) Another professor.
(b) Ginevra's suitor.
(c) Lucy's friend .
(d) A student at the school.
6. Who hurts Lucy's feelings at the hotel dinner by calling her a coquette?
(a) M. Paul.
(c) Mrs. Bretton.
(d) Mr. Home.
7. Who is the actress in the play that impresses Lucy with her drama and passion?
8. Who does Lucy visit after Miss Marchmont dies?
(a) Mrs. Bretton.
(b) Her family.
(c) Mrs. Barrett.
9. What does Graham offer Paulina when they are at the Terrace?
(b) Old October.
(d) Hot cocoa.
10. After the concert, who does Dr. John say he might give his lottery prize to?
(d) Mrs. Bretton.
11. When Graham is sitting with Lucy at the Prince's birthday dinner, who does he comment is a fine girl?
(a) Madame Beck.
12. Miss Marchmont mentions "Frank", who is Frank?
(a) Miss Marchmont's son.
(b) A servant in the house.
(c) Lucy's brother.
(d) Miss Marchmont's former fiance.
13. What does Dr. John see Ginevra doing at the concert?
(a) Laughing at him and his mother.
(d) Sleeping during the music.
14. Who does Graham inquire after to Lucy?
(d) Madame Beck.
15. Lucy goes into the alley to the nun's tree. While she is there, what does she see
(a) The figure of the nun.
(c) Ginevra and de Hamal.
(d) M. Paul waiting for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Fifine to cause the doctor to have to be called?
2. What does M. de Bassompierre ask Lucy to do for Paulina?
3. How does Lucy feel about the Watson's, a family also on the voyage to France?
4. We are introduced to Graham early in the story, who is he?
5. How does Lucy view Paulina when she first meets her?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)