|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. John think that the nun is?
(a) A student playing a prank.
(b) A hallucination.
(c) A gypsy.
(d) A ghost.
2. What is the name of the ship that Lucy takes to France?
(a) The Star.
(b) The Vivid.
(c) The Gloria.
(d) The S.S. France.
3. After Mr. Home's leaves, who becomes Paulina's new object of affection?
(a) Lucy Snowe.
(c) A house-maid.
(d) Mrs. Bretton.
4. Who does Graham inquire after to Lucy?
(c) Madame Beck.
5. What job is Lucy originally hired to do when working for Madame Beck?
(a) Cook for the family.
(b) Help Mrs. Sweeny .
(c) Watch after Madame Beck's children.
(d) Clean the house.
6. Dr. John speaks with Lucy about the notes that she found. Who does it seem the notes are for?
(a) Madame Beck.
7. Who's decision gives Lucy the job at Madame Beck's?
(a) Professor M. Paul.
(b) Madame Beck.
(d) A friendly Englishman.
8. How does Lucy respond to her conversation with Dr. John and his accusations of jealousy?
(a) She says nothing.
(b) She cries and leaves.
(c) She gets embarrased because she is jealous.
(d) She loses her temper.
9. When Ginevra and Lucy are going to the speech, what comment does Ginevra make about her and Lucy both going to visit the de Bassompierre's?
(a) She thinks Lucy is trying to steal Paulina's attention.
(b) She really does not like the de Bassompierre's.
(c) She is glad because she really likes Lucy.
(d) She thinks it is funny; she thought Lucy was a nobody.
10. How does Paulina respond when Mr. Home's leaves in Chapter Three?
(a) She is quiet but happy.
(b) She is distraught and depressed.
(c) She is glad to see him go.
(d) She is indifferent.
11. How do the parents seem to initially react when they hear that a doctor they do not know was called to look after their children?
(a) They didn't care.
(d) They did not even know there was a doctor called.
12. When Miss Fanshawe comes to speak with Lucy in her classroom, what is she pleased to hear?
(a) Dr. John was jealous at the concert.
(b) Lucy missed her when she was away.
(c) de Hamal loves Miss Fanshaw.
(d) Lucy feels much better.
13. Who does Graham seem to think Lucy is jealous of?
(a) The Cholmondeleys.
(b) Dr. John.
(c) The Watson's.
(d) Miss Fanshawe.
14. How does Lucy feel when Madame Beck asks her if she can teach a class?
(a) She says no and does not teach.
(b) She is scared .
(c) She loves teaching.
(d) She is excited.
15. When Graham is sitting with Lucy at the Prince's birthday dinner, who does he comment is a fine girl?
(b) Madame Beck.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lucy returns to school, she notices her letters are missing. Who does she think has been looking at these letters?
2. Where does Lucy find herself near when she is praying in London?
3. Lucy goes into the alley to the nun's tree. While she is there, what does she see
4. In Chapter 10, who does Lucy recognize Dr. John to be when he comes to see Fifine?
5. After the concert, who does Dr. John say he might give his lottery prize to?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)