|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What dark and quiet place does Lucy like to spend time alone at?
(a) The basement .
(b) The Forbidden Alley.
(c) Her room.
(d) The garden.
2. What does Graham offer Paulina when they are at the Terrace?
(a) Hot cocoa.
(d) Old October.
3. How does Mr. Home respond to the news that Lucy is a teacher?
(a) He is rude .
(b) He proclaims her a good example.
(c) He is embarrassed for her.
(d) He does not address it at all.
4. We are introduced to Graham early in the story, who is he?
(a) Paulina's father.
(b) A friend visiting Mrs. Bretton.
(c) Lucy's brother.
(d) Mrs. Bretton's son.
5. In Chapter 15, Lucy walks into a church and speaks with the priest. What advice does he give her?
(a) She should go to a Protestant church.
(b) She is fine.
(c) Just pray.
(d) She should become Catholic.
6. How do M. Paul's college students feel about him?
(a) They like his passion.
(b) They think that he is boring.
(c) They do not like him.
(d) They think he is handsome.
7. Several weeks after the theater fire, Lucy has not seen the Brettons. What have they been doing?
(a) On vacation.
(b) Avoiding Lucy.
(c) Visiting the young girl from the theater.
(d) Travelling the countryside.
8. Lucy is about to read her letter from Dr. John when she sees a dark figure, a nun. What does she forget when she goes to tell Madame Beck and her guests about the nun?
(a) Her glasses.
(b) Her shoes.
(c) Her coat.
(d) Her letter.
9. Why does Dr. John take Lucy to the theater alone?
(a) Because he feels sorry for her.
(b) Because his mother cannot join them.
(c) To make Ginevra jealous.
(d) Because he secretly loves her.
10. Where does Lucy find herself near when she is praying in London?
(a) Buckingham Palace.
(b) Big Ben.
(c) The Parliament Building.
(d) St. Paul's .
11. After the play, who scolds Ginevra for being without her shawl?
(a) Madame Beck.
(d) Dr. John.
12. What words best describe Ginevra?
(a) Very thoughtful and nice.
(b) Hard-working and smart.
(c) Silly and petty.
(d) Funny and intelligent .
13. How does Lucy feel her first night in London?
(a) Scared and overwhelmed.
(b) Curious and ready for adventure.
(c) Happy and calm.
14. After the concert, who does Dr. John say he might give his lottery prize to?
(c) Mrs. Bretton.
15. What is the name of the ship that Lucy takes to France?
(a) The Gloria.
(b) The Star.
(c) The S.S. France.
(d) The Vivid.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Isidore?
2. Ginevra and Lucy attend a speech given in honor of the birthday of a young prince. Who is the speaker?
3. Lucy goes into the alley to the nun's tree. While she is there, what does she see
4. When Graham is sitting with Lucy at the Prince's birthday dinner, who does he comment is a fine girl?
5. Dysirye, Madame Beck's eldest daughter, is...
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)