|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lucy feel when Madame Beck asks her if she can teach a class?
(a) She is scared .
(b) She is excited.
(c) She says no and does not teach.
(d) She loves teaching.
2. We are introduced to Graham early in the story, who is he?
(a) Lucy's brother.
(b) Paulina's father.
(c) Mrs. Bretton's son.
(d) A friend visiting Mrs. Bretton.
3. After Mr. Home's leaves, who becomes Paulina's new object of affection?
(a) Lucy Snowe.
(c) A house-maid.
(d) Mrs. Bretton.
4. What does Dr. John see Ginevra doing at the concert?
(b) Sleeping during the music.
(c) Laughing at him and his mother.
5. Lucy goes into the alley to the nun's tree. While she is there, what does she see
(b) M. Paul waiting for her.
(c) Ginevra and de Hamal.
(d) The figure of the nun.
6. What is the name of Dr. John's home?
(a) Jour Heureux .
(b) La Terrasse.
(c) Beau Ciel .
(d) Rue Fossette.
7. How do the parents seem to initially react when they hear that a doctor they do not know was called to look after their children?
(a) They did not even know there was a doctor called.
(c) They didn't care.
8. Who does Graham seem to think Lucy is jealous of?
(a) Dr. John.
(b) The Watson's.
(c) The Cholmondeleys.
(d) Miss Fanshawe.
9. In Chapter 15, Lucy walks into a church and speaks with the priest. What advice does he give her?
(a) She should go to a Protestant church.
(b) Just pray.
(c) She should become Catholic.
(d) She is fine.
10. How does Lucy feel her first night in London?
(b) Happy and calm.
(c) Scared and overwhelmed.
(d) Curious and ready for adventure.
11. In Chapter 12, a small object falls out of a window that Lucy is sitting under. What is that object?
(a) A flower.
(b) A candy.
(c) A casket.
(d) A locket.
12. Where does M. Paul take Lucy so that she can practice for the play?
(a) The attic.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The study room.
(d) Her room.
13. Several weeks after the theater fire, Lucy has not seen the Brettons. What have they been doing?
(a) Visiting the young girl from the theater.
(b) On vacation.
(c) Avoiding Lucy.
(d) Travelling the countryside.
14. Why does Madame Beck seem upset when Dr. John leaves?
(a) Because her daughter was sick.
(b) Because Lucy spoke English.
(c) Because Dr. John does not seem interested in her admiration.
(d) Because parents were upset that he was there.
15. How does Lucy view Paulina now that she is older?
(a) Shy and mousy.
(b) Silly and annoying.
(c) Serene and lady-like.
(d) Rude and stuck-up.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Graham inquire after to Lucy?
2. Why does Lucy regularly visit the hotel?
3. What words best describe Ginevra?
4. In Chapter 10, who does Lucy recognize Dr. John to be when he comes to see Fifine?
5. What does Lucy spend time doing when the students are gone for the summer?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)