Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 16, when Dr. John comes to the house, who does Lucy finally recognize him to be?
(b) Alfred de Hamal.
(c) M. Paul.
2. What does Dr. John see Ginevra doing at the concert?
(a) Laughing at him and his mother.
(d) Sleeping during the music.
3. When Lucy returns to school, she notices her letters are missing. Who does she think has been looking at these letters?
(b) Madame Beck and M. Paul.
(c) Madame Beck's three daughters.
(d) Rosine, the housemaid.
4. Why does Paulina come to live with Mrs. Bretton in Chapter One?
(a) Her father is travelling to France.
(b) She is visiting Lucy.
(c) She has no family.
(d) She is Mrs. Bretton's friend.
5. What does M. de Bassompierre ask Lucy to do for Paulina?
(a) Be her companion.
(b) Help her get ready for dinner parties.
(c) Teach her French.
(d) Be her personal tutor.
6. Lucy is Protestant and makes comments to the students that Madame Beck does not agree with. Why does she not agree with Lucy's Protestant comments?
(a) Madame Beck does not believe in religion.
(b) Madame Beck just doesn't like Lucy.
(c) Madame Beck is Catholic.
(d) Lucy is not a good Protestant.
7. When Graham is sitting with Lucy at the Prince's birthday dinner, who does he comment is a fine girl?
(c) Madame Beck.
8. Why does Lucy spend so much time with Miss Marchmont in Chapter Four?
(a) Lucy is her tutor.
(b) She is Lucy's best childhood friend.
(c) She is Lucy's sister.
(d) Lucy is hired to care for her.
9. Where does Lucy find herself near when she is praying in London?
(a) St. Paul's .
(b) The Parliament Building.
(c) Buckingham Palace.
(d) Big Ben.
10. Lucy must administer the exam that M. Paul cannot. How does she feel about this?
(a) She says no and does not do it.
(b) She does not care.
(c) She does not want to administer it, but has to.
(d) She is glad that she gets to administer the test.
11. How does Paulina respond when Mr. Home's leaves in Chapter Three?
(a) She is indifferent.
(b) She is distraught and depressed.
(c) She is quiet but happy.
(d) She is glad to see him go.
12. Paulina tells Lucy that her cousin Ginevra has told her much about love. What is one thing that Ginevra has told Paulina?
(a) That love is nothing.
(b) That Ginevra will marry Graham.
(c) That Paulina will marry Dr. John.
(d) That Lucy does not know anything about love.
13. How does Lucy view Paulina when she first meets her?
(a) Doll-like and peculiar.
(b) Beautiful and friendly.
(c) Thoughtful and nice.
(d) Jovial and energetic.
14. Several weeks after the theater fire, Lucy has not seen the Brettons. What have they been doing?
(a) Visiting the young girl from the theater.
(b) Travelling the countryside.
(c) On vacation.
(d) Avoiding Lucy.
15. How does Lucy feel her first night in London?
(b) Curious and ready for adventure.
(c) Happy and calm.
(d) Scared and overwhelmed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lucy is about to read her letter from Dr. John when she sees a dark figure, a nun. What does she forget when she goes to tell Madame Beck and her guests about the nun?
2. How does Lucy feel when Madame Beck asks her if she can teach a class?
3. What is the name of the ship that Lucy takes to France?
4. Who's decision gives Lucy the job at Madame Beck's?
5. How does Lucy respond to her conversation with Dr. John and his accusations of jealousy?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)