1. Who is Lucy Snowe?
Mrs. Bretton's goddaughter.
2. Why does Paulina come to live with Mrs. Bretton in Chapter One?
Her father is travelling to France.
3. How does Lucy view Paulina when she first meets her?
Doll-like and peculiar.
4. Why is Mr. Home's visiting Mrs. Bretton in the beginning of the novel?
He wants to see that his daughter is settled in.
5. We are introduced to Graham early in the story, who is he?
Mrs. Bretton's son.
6. In Chapter Two, how does Paulina act when sitting with the "adults"?
She tries to act like an adult, too.
This section contains 5,499 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)