|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 41, Faubourg Clotilde.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Madame Beck refuses to leave the room where Lucy and M. Paul are saying goodbye, what does M. Paul do?
(a) He ignores her.
(b) He begins to cry.
(c) He storms out alone.
(d) He slaps Madame Beck.
2. In Chapter Four, Lucy leaves the Brettons. Why?
(a) To travel .
(b) To go to school.
(c) To join Paulina.
(d) To return to family.
3. Why is Paulina nervous to tell her father about her love for Dr. Bretton?
(a) Her father does not want her to marry.
(b) She does not want to hurt him.
(c) Her father does not like Dr. Bretton.
(d) She is afraid of her father.
4. What does M. Paul use his study at the boy's college for?
(a) As a place to get away from Madame Beck's.
(b) As a place to get away from Lucy.
(c) As an extra study because there are not enough studies at Madame Beck's.
(d) As a place to survey the girl's school from.
5. What disaster happens during the play that leads to the patrons being evacuated from the hall?
(a) Someone gets sick.
(b) Lucy faints.
(c) A fire breaks out.
(d) An earthquake .
Short Answer Questions
1. Dysirye, Madame Beck's eldest daughter, is...
2. Dr. John speaks with Lucy about the notes that she found. Who does it seem the notes are for?
3. Why does Lucy regularly visit the hotel?
4. Lucy is Protestant and makes comments to the students that Madame Beck does not agree with. Why does she not agree with Lucy's Protestant comments?
5. How does Lucy feel about the Watson's, a family also on the voyage to France?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)