|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36, The Apple of Discord.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Paulina initially nervous to speak with Lucy about her feelings for Graham?
(a) She does not think Lucy likes her.
(b) She thinks Lucy loves Graham.
(c) She does not want to be thought weak.
(d) She does not like Lucy much.
2. How do the parents seem to initially react when they hear that a doctor they do not know was called to look after their children?
(b) They did not even know there was a doctor called.
(d) They didn't care.
3. Where does Lucy go to read her letter from Dr. John?
(a) Her classroom.
(b) The alley.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The dark garrett.
4. What does M. Paul say when he joins Lucy in the alley and notices her pale coloring?
(a) She looks pretty.
(b) She should try to sleep more.
(c) She needs looking after.
(d) She should spend more time outside.
5. What does Mr. Home's letter to Mrs. Bretton say?
(a) He would like Graham to travel with him .
(b) He is returning to England very soon.
(c) He just wanted to say hello to everyone.
(d) He would like Paulina to join him in France.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lucy takes a walk and begins to think about ways to become more independent. What is her idea for independence?
2. When Miss Fanshawe comes to speak with Lucy in her classroom, what is she pleased to hear?
3. In Chapter 13, Lucy is in the Etude de soir for the evening to study but soon leaves, why does she leave?
4. Why does Lucy regularly visit the hotel?
5. In who's house does Lucy find herself after she swoons?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)