|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 32, The First Letter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Graham is called away to work, Lucy and Paulina are left together and share a silent afternoon. How does Lucy seem to feel about this?
(a) She wishes that other were there to talk with.
(b) She thinks Paulina is rude.
(c) She assumes that Paulina is very shy.
(d) She is pleased that Paulina is such quiet company.
2. Why does Paulina come to live with Mrs. Bretton in Chapter One?
(a) She is Mrs. Bretton's friend.
(b) She is visiting Lucy.
(c) Her father is travelling to France.
(d) She has no family.
3. When Miss Fanshawe comes to speak with Lucy in her classroom, what is she pleased to hear?
(a) de Hamal loves Miss Fanshaw.
(b) Lucy feels much better.
(c) Dr. John was jealous at the concert.
(d) Lucy missed her when she was away.
4. After the concert, who does Dr. John say he might give his lottery prize to?
(c) Mrs. Bretton.
5. Who seems to have her eye on M. Paul as a potential husband?
(a) Mrs. Bretton.
(b) Zylie St. Pierre.
Short Answer Questions
1. As M. Paul and Lucy walk together in the alley, what do they see coming out of a tree?
2. Who does Lucy visit after Miss Marchmont dies?
3. Paulina asks Lucy her opinion of Graham. What does Lucy say about Graham?
4. When Lucy sees that her letters have been rifled through once again, what does she do?
5. What languages does M. Paul think Lucy secretly knows?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)