|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, La Terrasse | Chapter 18, We Quarrel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 13, Lucy is in the Etude de soir for the evening to study but soon leaves, why does she leave?
(a) It is time for her to go to bed.
(b) She hates the book of lectures.
(c) It is dinner time.
(d) She does not need to study.
2. How does Lucy feel when Madame Beck asks her if she can teach a class?
(a) She is scared .
(b) She says no and does not teach.
(c) She loves teaching.
(d) She is excited.
3. In Chapter 10, who does Lucy recognize Dr. John to be when he comes to see Fifine?
(a) Mr. Home.
(b) One of the passengers on the voyage to France.
(c) Her friend from childhood.
(d) The man who assisted her the first night in Villette.
4. Dr. John speaks with Lucy about the notes that she found. Who does it seem the notes are for?
(a) Madame Beck.
5. Lucy is Protestant and makes comments to the students that Madame Beck does not agree with. Why does she not agree with Lucy's Protestant comments?
(a) Madame Beck just doesn't like Lucy.
(b) Lucy is not a good Protestant.
(c) Madame Beck does not believe in religion.
(d) Madame Beck is Catholic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Miss Marchmont mentions "Frank", who is Frank?
2. What does Lucy find is missing when she arrives in Villette?
3. Who is Isidore?
4. What words best describe Ginevra?
5. What is the name of Dr. John's home?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)