Chapter 1, Bretton | Chapter 2, Paulina
1. Who is Lucy Snowe?
(a) Mr. Home's neice.
(b) Mrs. Bretton's goddaughter.
(c) Mrs. Bretton's granddaughter.
(d) Paulina's sister.
2. Why does Paulina come to live with Mrs. Bretton in Chapter One?
(a) She has no family.
(b) Her father is travelling to France.
(c) She is Mrs. Bretton's friend.
(d) She is visiting Lucy.
3. How does Lucy view Paulina when she first meets her?
(a) Doll-like and peculiar.
(b) Beautiful and friendly.
(c) Jovial and energetic.
(d) Thoughtful and nice.
4. Why is Mr. Home's visiting Mrs. Bretton in the beginning of the novel?
(a) He is a neighbor of Mrs. Bretton's.
(b) He is going to be picking up Lucy .
(c) He wants to see that his daughter is settled in.
(d) He is just passing through the area.
5. We are introduced to Graham early in the story, who is he?
(a) Mrs. Bretton's son.
(b) A friend visiting Mrs. Bretton.
(c) Paulina's father.
(d) Lucy's brother.
6. In Chapter Two, how does Paulina act when sitting with the "adults"?
(a) She is very talkative and childlike.
(b) She tries to act like an adult, too.
(c) She is bored and tries to leave.
(d) She wants to play with Lucy.
This section contains 5,499 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)