1. Who is Lucy Snowe?
(a) Mrs. Bretton's granddaughter.
(b) Mrs. Bretton's goddaughter.
(c) Paulina's sister.
(d) Mr. Home's neice.
2. Why does Paulina come to live with Mrs. Bretton in Chapter One?
(a) She has no family.
(b) She is visiting Lucy.
(c) She is Mrs. Bretton's friend.
(d) Her father is travelling to France.
3. How does Lucy view Paulina when she first meets her?
(a) Jovial and energetic.
(b) Doll-like and peculiar.
(c) Beautiful and friendly.
(d) Thoughtful and nice.
4. Why is Mr. Home's visiting Mrs. Bretton in the beginning of the novel?
(a) He is a neighbor of Mrs. Bretton's.
(b) He is just passing through the area.
(c) He wants to see that his daughter is settled in.
(d) He is going to be picking up Lucy .
5. We are introduced to Graham early in the story, who is he?
(a) A friend visiting Mrs. Bretton.
(b) Mrs. Bretton's son.
(c) Lucy's brother.
(d) Paulina's father.
6. In Chapter Two, how does Paulina act when sitting with the "adults"?
(a) She is very talkative and childlike.
(b) She is bored and tries to leave.
(c) She wants to play with Lucy.
(d) She tries to act like an adult, too.
This section contains 5,499 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)