Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Mr. Fairbain want to get help from?
2. What two countries does Julian explain are connected with the origin of the word "posh"?
3. What is the first thing Mrs. Olinski says to Mr. Singh on the way home?
4. How does Mrs. Olinski feel about Julian when he disappears before the play?
5. What does Mr. Singh say Julian found?
Essay Topic 1
Explain how Julian, Ethan, Nadia and Mrs. Olinski all contribute to the novel's theme of feeling like an outsider.
Essay Topic 2
Describe how E.L. Konigsburg uses foreshadowing and flashbacks and the effect this technique has on the reader's emotion and what the reader knows. Be sure to use specific details from the story!
Essay Topic 3
Explain the mood at Sillington House and, using specific situations and events from the book, describe why Sillington House is important as a place of setting.
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)