|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Olinski compare the ink on the quiz cards to?
2. What does Mrs. Olinski think Mr. Singh's voice sounds like?
3. What does Julian say "tip" was an acronym for?
4. What is the first acronym that Maxwell suggests in chapter 9?
5. How does Mrs. Olinski say her team seems to communicate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What difficulty does the commissioner of education have with the match-point question, and what does he do to help prevent any problems?
2. Explain what The Souls do after their win to show their support and unity with Mrs. Olinski.
3. What happens to Mrs. Olinski as she is having tea?
4. Why is Dr. Rohmer so worried about the district championship?
5. Describe the relationship between Epiphany and Knightsbridge in chapter 7.
6. Describe how each of the Academic Bowl teams reacts to Epiphany's win.
7. How does Mrs. Olinski outsmart Ham Knapp in chapter 6?
8. Describe the conversation Mr. Singh and Mrs. Olinski have in the car on the way to the state championship.
9. Describe the thoughts Mrs. Olinski has while watching Noah, Nadia, Ethan and Julian drink tea together at Sillington House.
10. Explain what happens on the issue of Julian's answer of "tip" to the acronym question in the end.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the mood at Sillington House and, using specific situations and events from the book, describe why Sillington House is important as a place of setting.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the question Mrs. Olinski asks The Souls at the end of the book and how it relates to the topics of friendship and journeys.
Essay Topic 3
Explain what Julian finds out about Ham just before Ginger plays Sandy at the first performance of Annie, what he decides to do about it, and what this says about Julian's character.
This section contains 1,295 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)