|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two countries does Julian explain are connected with the origin of the word "posh"?
2. What is the mood at Sillington House in chapter 12?
3. What is one of Mr. Singh's "specialties"?
4. What sign does Nadia give Mrs. Olinski after Ham and Jared return to their seats in chapter 6?
5. What does Ham Knapp do in chapter 6 to disrupt Mrs. Olinski's class?
Essay Topic 1
Explain how Julian, Ethan, Nadia and Mrs. Olinski all contribute to the novel's theme of feeling like an outsider.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how The Souls become friends and describe what their friendship is like. Then choose one of the characters from the group and explain what the friendship means to that member in particular.
Essay Topic 3
The relationship that Mrs. Olinski has to The Souls is a two-way relationship. Explain why this is true by describing how the relationship has helped both The Souls and Mrs. Olinski. Finally, explain what The Souls' desire to help says about the character of each of the members.
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)