|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How can Mrs. Diamonstein tell Ethan has grown when she sees him?
2. Mrs. Olinski's reason for going to Sillington House in chapter 8 is half of an invitation from The Souls and half what?
3. What does Mr. Singh refer to when explaining that Julian is the necessary Soul?
4. What does Mr. Singh do after Mrs. Olinski has entered the dining room?
5. Why does Mrs. Sharkey say she thinks there's a chance The Souls could beat the seventh grade?
Essay Topic 1
Explain what Julian finds out about Ham just before Ginger plays Sandy at the first performance of Annie, what he decides to do about it, and what this says about Julian's character.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Dr. Rohmer and explain what he has to do with the novel's theme of power.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how The Souls become friends and describe what their friendship is like. Then choose one of the characters from the group and explain what the friendship means to that member in particular.
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)