|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do The Souls refuse to practice on Saturday?
2. What does Mrs. Olinski say she found at Sillington House?
3. What does Mr. Singh do after Mrs. Olinski has entered the dining room?
4. Who is Mr. LeDue?
5. What two countries does Julian explain are connected with the origin of the word "posh"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Mrs. Olinski as she is having tea?
2. How do Dr. Rohmer's instructions to Dr. Fairbain backfire on him in the end?
3. Explain how Mrs. Olinski feels when the state championships are over and why.
4. Describe how Mrs. Olinski feels about Julian in the first part of chapter 5.
5. Describe the conversation Mr. Singh and Mrs. Olinski have in the car on the way to the state championship.
6. Explain the discussion The Souls have with Mrs. Olinski before they begin practicing in chapter 8 and what the outcome is.
7. Describe the thoughts Mrs. Olinski has while watching Noah, Nadia, Ethan and Julian drink tea together at Sillington House.
8. Explain what happens on the issue of Julian's answer of "tip" to the acronym question in the end.
9. Describe how each of the Academic Bowl teams reacts to Epiphany's win.
10. How do The Souls raise the money to pay for the buses to Albany?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the mood at Sillington House and, using specific situations and events from the book, describe why Sillington House is important as a place of setting.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how The Souls become friends and describe what their friendship is like. Then choose one of the characters from the group and explain what the friendship means to that member in particular.
Essay Topic 3
The relationship that Mrs. Olinski has to The Souls is a two-way relationship. Explain why this is true by describing how the relationship has helped both The Souls and Mrs. Olinski. Finally, explain what The Souls' desire to help says about the character of each of the members.
This section contains 1,272 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)