|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Olinski say Julian makes each mile a journey of?
2. How does Mrs. Olinski feel while eating during tea in chapter 8?
3. What do Michael Froehlich and his friends pin on their shirts when Epiphany wins the district championship?
4. What does Mr. Singh say Julian found?
5. What does Julian say "tip" was an acronym for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Julian's answer to the question about acronyms that have entered the language as words.
2. Describe Dr. Rohmer's reaction to The Souls' publicity.
3. What answer does Mr. Singh give Mrs. Olinski for how she chose her team?
4. Explain the exchange that happens between the commissioner and Julian about the disagreement about the word "tip," why it is important and how the other Souls feel about it.
5. Describe the mood at Sillington House when Mrs. Olinski comes to visit in chapter 12 and why the mood is the way it is.
6. Explain what happens on the issue of Julian's answer of "tip" to the acronym question in the end.
7. When she arrives at Sillington House to visit Margy, Mrs. Olinski is overcome with emotion. Which emotions is she feeling and why?
8. What difficulty does the commissioner of education have with the match-point question, and what does he do to help prevent any problems?
9. Describe how each of the Academic Bowl teams reacts to Epiphany's win.
10. Describe the conversation Mr. Singh and Mrs. Olinski have in the car on the way to the state championship.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain what Julian finds out about Ham just before Ginger plays Sandy at the first performance of Annie, what he decides to do about it, and what this says about Julian's character.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the mood at Sillington House and, using specific situations and events from the book, describe why Sillington House is important as a place of setting.
Essay Topic 3
In chapter 10, Mr. Singh tells Mrs. Olinski that "It often takes more courage to be a passenger than a driver." Explain what he means by this quote and give a descriptive example using one of the characters from the book.
This section contains 1,369 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)