|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Olinski feel about Julian when he disappears before the play?
2. Which part of Holly Blackwell's question does Nadia take issue with?
3. What does Mrs. Olinski know when she arrives at Sillington House in chapter 12?
4. Who comes out of Sillington House to greet Mrs. Olinski when she arrives?
5. How does Mrs. Olinski say her team seems to communicate?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do The Souls raise the money to pay for the buses to Albany?
2. What difficulty does the commissioner of education have with the match-point question, and what does he do to help prevent any problems?
3. Describe the thoughts Mrs. Olinski has while watching Noah, Nadia, Ethan and Julian drink tea together at Sillington House.
4. What answer does Mr. Singh give Mrs. Olinski for how she chose her team?
5. What goes through Mrs. Olinski's mind as Mr. Singh wheels her in to Sillington House?
6. Describe the relationship between Epiphany and Knightsbridge in chapter 7.
7. Explain what The Souls do after their win to show their support and unity with Mrs. Olinski.
8. Explain the discussion The Souls have with Mrs. Olinski before they begin practicing in chapter 8 and what the outcome is.
9. Describe the brief conversation that Mr. Singh and Mrs. Olinski have just before The Souls begin to practice in chapter 8.
10. Describe how each of the Academic Bowl teams reacts to Epiphany's win.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using specific examples, explain how mistakes and perfectionism are recurring themes throughout the book.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the conversation that Mrs. Olinski and Dr. Rohmer have about multiculturalism in chapter 2. Then explain what this conversation tells the reader about Dr. Rohmer's views of multiculturalism versus Mrs. Olinski's views.
Essay Topic 3
Describe what Mrs. Olinski decides to do in order to get to know Ethan better, and explain why this is important to Ethan and how it relates to Ethan's character.
This section contains 1,337 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)