|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Mr. Fairbain want to get help from?
2. Mrs. Olinski's reason for going to Sillington House in chapter 8 is half of an invitation from The Souls and half what?
3. How does Mrs. Olinski feel while eating during tea in chapter 8?
4. What does Mrs. Olinski say Julian makes each mile a journey of?
5. What does Mrs. Olinski think when she sees the place at the table The Souls have set for her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the thoughts Mrs. Olinski has while watching Noah, Nadia, Ethan and Julian drink tea together at Sillington House.
2. What happens to Mrs. Olinski as she is having tea?
3. Describe how Mrs. Olinski feels about Julian in the first part of chapter 5.
4. How does Mrs. Olinski outsmart Ham Knapp in chapter 6?
5. Describe how each of the Academic Bowl teams reacts to Epiphany's win.
6. How do The Souls raise the money to pay for the buses to Albany?
7. Explain the exchange that happens between the commissioner and Julian about the disagreement about the word "tip," why it is important and how the other Souls feel about it.
8. What answer does Mr. Singh give Mrs. Olinski for how she chose her team?
9. Describe the relationship between Epiphany and Knightsbridge in chapter 7.
10. What does Mr. Fairbain do during the district championship, and why does this make Dr. Rohmer so uncomfortable?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Dr. Rohmer and explain what he has to do with the novel's theme of power.
Essay Topic 2
Explain what the four main types of plot conflicts are and give an example of one plot conflict from the book, explaining why the situation you chose is a plot conflict and which category it belongs to.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how Julian, Ethan, Nadia and Mrs. Olinski all contribute to the novel's theme of feeling like an outsider.
This section contains 1,326 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)