|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many regions are there in the state of New York?
2. What is the second acronym that Maxwell suggests in chapter 9?
3. How does Mrs. Olinski feel about Julian when he disappears before the play?
4. What is one of Mr. Singh's "specialties"?
5. Whom does Mr. Fairbain want to get help from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What difficulty does the commissioner of education have with the match-point question, and what does he do to help prevent any problems?
2. How do Dr. Rohmer's instructions to Dr. Fairbain backfire on him in the end?
3. In chapter 5, the reader finds out how Mrs. Olinski chose each of the members of her Academic Bowl team. Explain how she did it.
4. Explain the discussion The Souls have with Mrs. Olinski before they begin practicing in chapter 8 and what the outcome is.
5. Describe how each of the Academic Bowl teams reacts to Epiphany's win.
6. What answer does Mr. Singh give Mrs. Olinski for how she chose her team?
7. What does Mrs. Olinski ask The Souls in chapter 12? What does she mean by this question, and what is The Souls' answer?
8. When she arrives at Sillington House to visit Margy, Mrs. Olinski is overcome with emotion. Which emotions is she feeling and why?
9. Describe the brief conversation that Mr. Singh and Mrs. Olinski have just before The Souls begin to practice in chapter 8.
10. Give examples of other teachers that observe The Souls' success and how they react to it.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain what Noah gives as a surprise present to the guests at Izzy and Margy's wedding and what this tells the reader about Noah.
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the main characters from "The View from Saturday" and explain how that character has been on a journey, and what that character found on their journey.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how the topic of courtesy repeats itself throughout the novel and how the idea of courtesy helps the reader to see each of the characters.
This section contains 1,471 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)