|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Olinski say Julian makes each mile a journey of?
2. What word does Mrs. Olinski use to describe what Ham has done?
3. What does Julian say "tip" was an acronym for?
4. What arrangement does Mrs. Olinski make with the principal in regards to practicing for the regional championship?
5. What does Mr. Singh tell Mrs. Olinski it takes more courage to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Give examples of other teachers that observe The Souls' success and how they react to it.
2. Explain Julian's answer to the question about acronyms that have entered the language as words.
3. Why is Dr. Rohmer so worried about the district championship?
4. Describe how Mrs. Olinski uses real life to prepare practice questions for The Souls and give an example.
5. What answer does Mr. Singh give Mrs. Olinski for how she chose her team?
6. Explain how Mrs. Olinski feels when the state championships are over and why.
7. Describe how Mrs. Olinski feels about Julian in the first part of chapter 5.
8. How do Dr. Rohmer's instructions to Dr. Fairbain backfire on him in the end?
9. Describe the conversation Mr. Singh and Mrs. Olinski have in the car on the way to the state championship.
10. Explain the discussion The Souls have with Mrs. Olinski before they begin practicing in chapter 8 and what the outcome is.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain what the four main types of plot conflicts are and give an example of one plot conflict from the book, explaining why the situation you chose is a plot conflict and which category it belongs to.
Essay Topic 2
Explain what Noah gives as a surprise present to the guests at Izzy and Margy's wedding and what this tells the reader about Noah.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the question Mrs. Olinski asks The Souls at the end of the book and how it relates to the topics of friendship and journeys.
This section contains 1,268 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)