|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes out of Sillington House to greet Mrs. Olinski when she arrives?
2. Which of the following leaders is NOT mentioned in the question about the major accomplishments of Native American leaders?
3. What does Mr. Singh refer to when explaining that Julian is the necessary Soul?
4. Which quiz category do The Souls and Mrs. Olinski debate when getting ready to practice at the end of chapter 8?
5. What does Mrs. Olinski do after returning home from the state championship?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the relationship between Epiphany and Knightsbridge in chapter 7.
2. Describe how each of the Academic Bowl teams reacts to Epiphany's win.
3. Describe the brief conversation that Mr. Singh and Mrs. Olinski have just before The Souls begin to practice in chapter 8.
4. Explain how Mrs. Olinski feels when the state championships are over and why.
5. How do Dr. Rohmer's instructions to Dr. Fairbain backfire on him in the end?
6. Explain what The Souls do after their win to show their support and unity with Mrs. Olinski.
7. What difficulty does the commissioner of education have with the match-point question, and what does he do to help prevent any problems?
8. Describe the mood at Sillington House when Mrs. Olinski comes to visit in chapter 12 and why the mood is the way it is.
9. What answer does Mr. Singh give Mrs. Olinski for how she chose her team?
10. Describe how Mrs. Olinski feels about Julian in the first part of chapter 5.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Name some of the "underdogs" in the story, explain how they are underdogs and describe why it's important for the underdogs to win.
Essay Topic 2
The relationship that Mrs. Olinski has to The Souls is a two-way relationship. Explain why this is true by describing how the relationship has helped both The Souls and Mrs. Olinski. Finally, explain what The Souls' desire to help says about the character of each of the members.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Dr. Rohmer and explain what he has to do with the novel's theme of power.
This section contains 1,353 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)