|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Mrs. Olinski ask to write the instructions for the new "lesson" on the board?
2. When did Mr. Singh pass his first driving test?
3. What is the second acronym that Maxwell suggests in chapter 9?
4. What does Julian say "tip" was an acronym for?
5. Where is the state championship going to be held?
Short Essay Questions
1. Give examples of other teachers that observe The Souls' success and how they react to it.
2. Describe the conversation Mr. Singh and Mrs. Olinski have in the car on the way to the state championship.
3. What does Mr. Fairbain do during the district championship, and why does this make Dr. Rohmer so uncomfortable?
4. How do The Souls raise the money to pay for the buses to Albany?
5. Describe the mood at Sillington House when Mrs. Olinski comes to visit in chapter 12 and why the mood is the way it is.
6. What answer does Mr. Singh give Mrs. Olinski for how she chose her team?
7. Why is Dr. Rohmer so worried about the district championship?
8. How does Mrs. Olinski outsmart Ham Knapp in chapter 6?
9. What happens to Mrs. Olinski as she is having tea?
10. Describe Dr. Rohmer's reaction to The Souls' publicity.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain what Julian finds out about Ham just before Ginger plays Sandy at the first performance of Annie, what he decides to do about it, and what this says about Julian's character.
Essay Topic 2
Explain what Noah gives as a surprise present to the guests at Izzy and Margy's wedding and what this tells the reader about Noah.
Essay Topic 3
Describe what Mrs. Olinski decides to do in order to get to know Ethan better, and explain why this is important to Ethan and how it relates to Ethan's character.
This section contains 1,275 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)