|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Olinski think when she sees the place at the table The Souls have set for her?
2. Which source does Mrs. Olinski NOT use in selecting questions for practice?
3. Which book is part of the correct answer to the match-point question?
4. Why do The Souls refuse to practice on Saturday?
5. Which member of the Epiphany team answers the final question?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the relationship between Epiphany and Knightsbridge in chapter 7.
2. What does Mrs. Olinski ask The Souls in chapter 12? What does she mean by this question, and what is The Souls' answer?
3. Give examples of other teachers that observe The Souls' success and how they react to it.
4. How does Mrs. Olinski outsmart Ham Knapp in chapter 6?
5. Describe how each of the Academic Bowl teams reacts to Epiphany's win.
6. What happens to Mrs. Olinski as she is having tea?
7. Describe Dr. Rohmer's reaction to The Souls' publicity.
8. Why is Dr. Rohmer so worried about the district championship?
9. Explain Julian's answer to the question about acronyms that have entered the language as words.
10. What does Mr. Fairbain do during the district championship, and why does this make Dr. Rohmer so uncomfortable?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Name some of the "underdogs" in the story, explain how they are underdogs and describe why it's important for the underdogs to win.
Essay Topic 2
Explain what the four main types of plot conflicts are and give an example of one plot conflict from the book, explaining why the situation you chose is a plot conflict and which category it belongs to.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the mood at Sillington House and, using specific situations and events from the book, describe why Sillington House is important as a place of setting.
This section contains 1,286 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)