|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Mr. Fairbain want to get help from?
2. What two countries does Julian explain are connected with the origin of the word "posh"?
3. What is the first thing Mrs. Olinski says to Mr. Singh on the way home?
4. How does Mrs. Olinski feel about Julian when he disappears before the play?
5. What does Mr. Singh say Julian found?
Essay Topic 1
Explain what Nadia tells her father that the turtles do between the time they hatch and the time they mate. Then, describe how Nadia herself is like the turtles.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the narrative style of "The View from Saturday" and explain how this narrative style affects the reader's experience of the story.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how the topic of courtesy repeats itself throughout the novel and how the idea of courtesy helps the reader to see each of the characters.
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)