|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the second acronym that Maxwell suggests in chapter 9?
2. What is the first acronym that Maxwell suggests in chapter 9?
3. Who is waiting for Mrs. Olinski in chapter 12?
4. When is the deadline for choosing an Academic Bowl team?
5. Which source does Mrs. Olinski NOT use in selecting questions for practice?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Dr. Rohmer so worried about the district championship?
2. Describe the mood at Sillington House when Mrs. Olinski comes to visit in chapter 12 and why the mood is the way it is.
3. When she arrives at Sillington House to visit Margy, Mrs. Olinski is overcome with emotion. Which emotions is she feeling and why?
4. Explain the exchange that happens between the commissioner and Julian about the disagreement about the word "tip," why it is important and how the other Souls feel about it.
5. What does Mrs. Olinski ask The Souls in chapter 12? What does she mean by this question, and what is The Souls' answer?
6. How does Mrs. Olinski outsmart Ham Knapp in chapter 6?
7. How do The Souls raise the money to pay for the buses to Albany?
8. Describe how Mrs. Olinski uses real life to prepare practice questions for The Souls and give an example.
9. Describe Dr. Rohmer's reaction to The Souls' publicity.
10. How do Dr. Rohmer's instructions to Dr. Fairbain backfire on him in the end?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the mood at Sillington House and, using specific situations and events from the book, describe why Sillington House is important as a place of setting.
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the main characters from "The View from Saturday" and explain how that character has been on a journey, and what that character found on their journey.
Essay Topic 3
Explain what Nadia tells her father that the turtles do between the time they hatch and the time they mate. Then, describe how Nadia herself is like the turtles.
This section contains 1,336 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)