|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nadia think of Margy?
(a) She doesn't like her much.
(b) She doesn't understand what her grandpa likes about her.
(c) She thinks she's smart.
(d) She thinks she's beautiful.
2. When does Ethan ring in after the question about the places in New York State is asked?
(a) Before the commissioner is finished asking the question.
(b) At the sound of the last syllable.
(c) After a brief moment to think.
(d) Last of all the contestants.
3. What is the "bombshell" Allen drops after going to the show with Nadia and Ethan?
(a) He wants to get licensed to move turtle nests.
(b) He has a new girlfriend.
(c) He wants to get married again.
(d) He wants to move to New York.
4. Why doesn't Margy ever carry turtles to the water?
(a) She doesn't like the feeling of their shells in her hands.
(b) She thinks that they need to make it on their own or die if they're not strong enough.
(c) She thinks it's too much work.
(d) The turtles need to walk across their native sand.
5. What does the narrator say there had not been at the Bowl, unlike football Bowls?
(a) Season tallies.
(c) Hot dogs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Mrs. Olinski give a bad answer to about how she picked her team?
2. What does Ethan notice that Julian's father is wearing?
3. Julian shows his friends a tiny sculpture of _________.
4. Whom does Mrs. Olinski tell when she decides that Ethan should be part of the Academic Bowl team?
5. What does Allen break that prevents him from being the best man at the wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Ham Knapp planning that Julian finds out about on the bus?
2. Why does Mrs. Olinski leave her name and the word "paraplegic" written on the board on the first day, and what does she learn from this experience?
3. Describe what school was like at the school where Mrs. Draper was principal.
4. Describe the differences between The Souls and the team from Maxwell.
5. What is Mrs. Olinski's impression of the commissioner of education as he directs the Academic Bowl?
6. What does Julian do to help Ginger prepare for her audition? Give a detailed answer.
7. What is Nadia's relationship with her old friends like in "Nadia Tells of Turtle Love"? How does Nadia explain this relationship?
8. Explain the realization Nadia and her dad have about how Nadia is like the turtles.
9. How does Noah react to his mom telling him to write a B&B letter? How does she get him to write the letter anyway?
10. What is the first question posed during the finals, and how does Mrs. Olinski react after she hears the question?
This section contains 1,292 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)