|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mr. Singh do for a living before buying the Sillington place?
(a) He was a ship's captain.
(b) He was a policeman.
(c) He was a teacher.
(d) He was a chef.
2. Which subject is Mrs. Olinski going to be teaching?
(c) Social studies.
3. What is the name of the place where Noah's grandparents live?
(a) Beachside Village.
(b) Floral Gardens.
(c) Century Park.
(d) Century Village.
4. What word do the onlookers keep saying while Izzy and Margy are digging out the turtles' nest?
5. Why does the commissioner admonish the audience not to applaud after Ethan's answer?
(a) Only the judges can decide if the answer was right.
(b) It's not fair to the other team.
(c) It's distracting to both teams.
(d) It shows favoritism.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the girls from the Maxwell team display?
2. What answer does Mrs. Olinski give most often about how she chose her team?
3. What does the narrator compare Nadia to when first introducing her in chapter 2?
4. Which name did Mrs. Olinski have two of in her class the year she had her accident?
5. How does Nadia greet Mrs. Olinski?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Julian decide to do when he finds out that Arnold will be acting during the performance instead of Ginger, and how does he get even with Ham in the end?
2. Describe the conversation Mr. Singh and Mrs. Olinski have in the car on the way to the state championship.
3. Describe how Mrs. Olinski uses real life to prepare practice questions for The Souls and give an example.
4. What chicken-and-egg discussion do The Souls get into with Mrs. Olinski in the first chapter?
5. What does Noah tell the reader about Allen Diamondstein?
6. How do Dr. Rohmer's instructions to Dr. Fairbain backfire on him in the end?
7. Describe how Ethan feels about Julian when the two first meet.
8. How does Julian invite his guests to the first tea party?
9. Explain how Mrs. Olinski feels when the state championships are over and why.
10. Why does Mrs. Olinski leave her name and the word "paraplegic" written on the board on the first day, and what does she learn from this experience?
This section contains 1,291 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)