|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who owns the dog that ends up as Ginger's understudy?
(a) Mrs. Olinski.
(b) Ham Knapp.
(c) Michael Froehlich.
(d) Jared Lord.
2. What does Nadia think of Margy?
(a) She doesn't like her much.
(b) She doesn't understand what her grandpa likes about her.
(c) She thinks she's smart.
(d) She thinks she's beautiful.
3. What did Mr. Singh do for a living before buying the Sillington place?
(a) He was a policeman.
(b) He was a chef.
(c) He was a teacher.
(d) He was a ship's captain.
4. The building housing the Bowl is big enough for what?
(a) Big enough to hold three Bowls at once.
(b) Big enough to get lost in.
(c) Big enough to be seen from space.
(d) Big enough to have its own zip code.
5. What word does Noah use over and over in his narrative about his trip to his grandparents' house?
Short Answer Questions
1. What word do the onlookers keep saying while Izzy and Margy are digging out the turtles' nest?
2. What does Julian say his mother was?
3. What game does Noah compare collecting coupons for the groceries to?
4. What does Nadia say her bubbe would have made when she goes back to her grandpa's apartment to have Oreos?
5. What does Nadia say had been the worst part of her trip to Florida?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Mrs. Olinski uses real life to prepare practice questions for The Souls and give an example.
2. Explain the exchange that happens between the commissioner and Julian about the disagreement about the word "tip," why it is important and how the other Souls feel about it.
3. What do The Souls decide their new project will be?
4. How does Julian invite his guests to the first tea party?
5. What is the first question posed during the finals, and how does Mrs. Olinski react after she hears the question?
6. Explain the realization Nadia and her dad have about how Nadia is like the turtles.
7. Explain the discussion Mrs. Olinski has with Dr. Rohmer about multiculturalism in chapter 2.
8. Give examples of other teachers that observe The Souls' success and how they react to it.
9. What does the reader find out about Mrs. Olinski's first few minutes in class that he or she didn't know before the beginning of chapter 4?
10. In chapter 5, the reader finds out how Mrs. Olinski chose each of the members of her Academic Bowl team. Explain how she did it.
This section contains 1,484 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)