|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following places is not mentioned in the Academic Bowl question in chapter 3?
(c) Seneca Falls.
2. Whom does Izzy say the red wagon is a gift from?
(b) Grandpa Nate.
(c) The best man.
3. What does Mrs. Draper have to say about Ethan?
(a) She doesn't know Ethan very well.
(b) What a smart kid he is.
(c) Not much.
(d) What a hard worker he is.
4. What did sixth graders use to ask, according to the narrator?
(b) "Now what?"
(c) "So what?"
(d) "Say what?"
5. Who chooses The Souls' name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ethan give Julian as a gift?
2. How many lines of poetry did the sixth graders have to memorize each month at Mrs. Olinski's first job?
3. What is the "bombshell" Allen drops after going to the show with Nadia and Ethan?
4. What holiday has just passed when Ethan suggests that Nadia have Ginger try out for Annie?
5. What does Mrs. Olinski say the "O" in her name looked like?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Ethan feels about Julian when the two first meet.
2. What is Nadia's relationship with her old friends like in "Nadia Tells of Turtle Love"? How does Nadia explain this relationship?
3. Describe the differences between The Souls and the team from Maxwell.
4. Describe the relationship between Mrs. Olinski and Mrs. Draper.
5. Describe how the wedding cake is ruined and how it is saved again.
6. What does Julian do to help Ginger prepare for her audition? Give a detailed answer.
7. Explain the discussion Mrs. Olinski has with Dr. Rohmer about multiculturalism in chapter 2.
8. Explain in detail how Nadia feels about Margy and why.
9. What happens that reminds Mrs. Olinski of how she chose the fourth member of her Academic Bowl team, and what can the reader now infer from her statements about this choice?
10. What do we know about Nadia from chapter 2?
This section contains 1,284 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)