|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say the chicken-and-egg discussion ended with?
(a) An egg.
(b) A party.
(c) A fight.
(d) A chicken.
2. How does Ethan find out that Nadia is also invited to the tea party?
(a) Julian tells him.
(b) She tells him.
(c) He sees her looking for clues in the library.
(d) He sees her talking to Noah about it.
3. What does the commissioner pull out of his front pocket before reading the first question?
(a) A pair of reading glasses.
(b) A card with the question on it.
(c) A handkerchief.
(d) His good-luck charm.
4. What does Ethan give Julian as a gift?
(a) A puzzle.
(b) A new bookbag.
(c) A pumpkin.
(d) A copy of "Alice in Wonderland".
5. What does Ethan notice that Julian's father is wearing?
(a) A pair of jeans.
(b) A turban.
(c) A Punjabi.
(d) A green hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of the wedding invitations that Tillie and Noah made are "specially marked"?
2. What is the kind of audition called that Nadia takes Ginger to?
3. Which name did Mrs. Olinski have two of in her class the year she had her accident?
4. Which of the following places is not mentioned in the Academic Bowl question in chapter 3?
5. Where does Noah's brother Joey go for the summer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Nadia's relationship with her old friends like in "Nadia Tells of Turtle Love"? How does Nadia explain this relationship?
2. What does Mrs. Olinski say about how she chose the members of her Academic Bowl team?
3. What does Julian do to help Ginger prepare for her audition? Give a detailed answer.
4. What chicken-and-egg discussion do The Souls get into with Mrs. Olinski in the first chapter?
5. What does the reader find out about Mrs. Olinski's first few minutes in class that he or she didn't know before the beginning of chapter 4?
6. What does the reader find out about Mrs. Olinski at the end of her discussion with Dr. Rohmer, and how does the author continue the mystery about this fact?
7. What is Mrs. Olinski's impression of the commissioner of education as he directs the Academic Bowl?
8. Describe how the wedding cake is ruined and how it is saved again.
9. What question does Ethan ask during The Souls' latest tea party, and what does each member answer?
10. How does Julian invite his guests to the first tea party?
This section contains 1,263 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)