Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grandpa Izzy say Margy is?
2. Where does Noah's brother Joey go for the summer?
(a) To his grandparents with Noah.
(b) To his dad's house.
(c) On a cruise.
(d) To Noah's other grandparents' house.
3. What holiday has just passed when Ethan suggests that Nadia have Ginger try out for Annie?
(b) New Year's.
(d) Valentine's Day.
4. What does the narrator say there had not been at the Bowl, unlike football Bowls?
(b) Season tallies.
(c) Hot dogs.
5. What does Ethan say is the difference between Ginger and Sandy?
(a) Ginger is a genius.
(b) Ginger's fur isn't dirty.
(c) Ginger's eyes aren't blank.
(d) Ginger doesn't stink.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the commissioner admonish the audience not to applaud after Ethan's answer?
2. What does Nadia compare Margy to when she wears her green pantsuit?
3. What show does Allen take Nadia and Ethan to see?
4. Who chooses The Souls' name?
5. Whom is the "man of the hour" in chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 5, the reader finds out how Mrs. Olinski chose each of the members of her Academic Bowl team. Explain how she did it.
2. What does Mrs. Olinski say about how she chose the members of her Academic Bowl team?
3. Describe the thoughts Mrs. Olinski has while watching Noah, Nadia, Ethan and Julian drink tea together at Sillington House.
4. Describe what school was like at the school where Mrs. Draper was principal.
5. Explain what happens on the issue of Julian's answer of "tip" to the acronym question in the end.
6. What does the reader find out about Mrs. Olinski at the end of her discussion with Dr. Rohmer, and how does the author continue the mystery about this fact?
7. What difficulty does the commissioner of education have with the match-point question, and what does he do to help prevent any problems?
8. What happens that reminds Mrs. Olinski of how she chose the fourth member of her Academic Bowl team, and what can the reader now infer from her statements about this choice?
9. What does Mrs. Olinski ask The Souls in chapter 12? What does she mean by this question, and what is The Souls' answer?
10. Describe Dr. Rohmer's reaction to The Souls' publicity.
This section contains 1,358 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)