|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who approves people to move turtle nests?
(a) The Department of Environmental Protection.
(b) The Florida Sea Turtle Initiative.
(c) The United Nations Environmental Program.
(d) The Environmental Protection Agency.
2. Why does Noah say he can't write a B&B letter to his grandparents?
(a) He doesn't have time.
(b) He doesn't have any paper.
(c) He doesn't know what a B&B letter is.
(d) He doesn't think they deserve one.
3. What does Ethan want to be when he grows up?
(a) A farmer.
(b) A policeman.
(c) A costume designer.
(d) A teacher.
4. What answer does Mrs. Olinski give most often about how she chose her team?
(a) The four members have skills that balance each other.
(b) They are her favorite students.
(c) She picked students she knows work harder than others.
(d) She picked students she knows are smarter than others.
5. What does the narrator say there had not been at the Bowl, unlike football Bowls?
(b) Hot dogs.
(c) Season tallies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the place where Noah's grandparents live?
2. What did sixth graders use to ask, according to the narrator?
3. When does Ethan ring in after the question about the places in New York State is asked?
4. What color is Nadia's hair?
5. What is The Farm?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Julian's first few days at school like?
2. How does Noah react to his mom telling him to write a B&B letter? How does she get him to write the letter anyway?
3. What does Noah tell the reader about Allen Diamondstein?
4. What chicken-and-egg discussion do The Souls get into with Mrs. Olinski in the first chapter?
5. What does Mrs. Draper notice about sixth graders in her time as a teacher and principal?
6. Explain how Mrs. Olinski goes about gaining an impression of Ethan.
7. What question does Ethan ask during The Souls' latest tea party, and what does each member answer?
8. What is Mrs. Olinski's impression of the commissioner of education as he directs the Academic Bowl?
9. What does the reader find out about Mrs. Olinski at the end of her discussion with Dr. Rohmer, and how does the author continue the mystery about this fact?
10. What is Ham Knapp planning that Julian finds out about on the bus?
This section contains 1,205 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)