|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The second Academic Bowl question, posed in chapter 2, revolves around what?
2. What is Mrs. Olinski's middle name?
3. What does Mrs. Olinski say she gets when introducing herself to her homeroom class for the first time?
(a) The good parking spaces at the mall.
(b) A lot of grief for being handicapped.
(c) What it means to be different.
(d) A small pension from her accident.
4. Who organized the first women's rights convention?
(a) Amelia Jenks Bloomer.
(b) Harriet Tubman.
(c) Susan B. Anthony.
(d) Elizabeth Cady Stanton.
5. Whom does Mrs. Olinski give a bad answer to about how she picked her team?
(a) Noah's father.
(b) The superintendent of schools.
(c) The principal.
(d) The commissioner of education.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book does Mrs. Olinski think of while watching the superintendent and the commissioner?
2. Why does the ship's captain decide to have the monkey and his owner let off the ship at the next port?
3. According to the narrator, sixth grade is the place where kids...
4. What is Mrs. Olinski wearing at the Bowl?
5. What color of hair does Mrs. Olinski NOT mention in her joke with Dr. Rohmer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Julian's first few days at school like?
2. Describe what school was like at the school where Mrs. Draper was principal.
3. What do The Souls decide their new project will be?
4. How does Noah react to his mom telling him to write a B&B letter? How does she get him to write the letter anyway?
5. Why does Mrs. Olinski leave her name and the word "paraplegic" written on the board on the first day, and what does she learn from this experience?
6. Describe the differences between The Souls and the team from Maxwell.
7. What happens that reminds Mrs. Olinski of how she chose the fourth member of her Academic Bowl team, and what can the reader now infer from her statements about this choice?
8. What does Julian do to help Ginger prepare for her audition? Give a detailed answer.
9. Explain how Mrs. Olinski goes about gaining an impression of Ethan.
10. Explain in detail how Nadia feels about Margy and why.
This section contains 1,313 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)