|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Mrs. Olinski write on the board below her name on the first day of homeroom?
2. What does Nadia compare Margy to when she wears her green pantsuit?
(a) A Granny Smith apple.
(b) A giant green ball.
(c) A leprechaun.
(d) A turtle.
3. What holiday has just passed when Ethan suggests that Nadia have Ginger try out for Annie?
(b) Valentine's Day.
(c) New Year's.
4. What does Nadia think is the most glorious time of year?
5. What does Nadia say had been the worst part of her trip to Florida?
(a) Meeting up with her dad at the airport.
(b) Taking off in the plane.
(c) Landing in the plane.
(d) Checking Ginger in to the baggage compartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ethan notice that Julian's father is wearing?
2. How many empty egg shells were in the nest Izzy and Margy dug out?
3. What does Noah say Grandma Sadie and Grandpa Nate did in their "former lives"?
4. What does Mrs. Draper never call herself?
5. What was the audience at the Bowl warned not to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do we know about Nadia from chapter 2?
2. What does the reader find out about Mrs. Olinski's first few minutes in class that he or she didn't know before the beginning of chapter 4?
3. What is the first question posed during the finals, and how does Mrs. Olinski react after she hears the question?
4. Describe the differences between The Souls and the team from Maxwell.
5. What does Julian decide to do when he finds out that Arnold will be acting during the performance instead of Ginger, and how does he get even with Ham in the end?
6. Explain the discussion Mrs. Olinski has with Dr. Rohmer about multiculturalism in chapter 2.
7. What chicken-and-egg discussion do The Souls get into with Mrs. Olinski in the first chapter?
8. Describe how the wedding cake is ruined and how it is saved again.
9. How does Noah react to his mom telling him to write a B&B letter? How does she get him to write the letter anyway?
10. Describe how Ethan feels about Julian when the two first meet.
This section contains 1,342 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)