|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the monkey that accompanies Julian and his family aboard the ship?
2. What does Ethan want to be when he grows up?
(a) A policeman.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A costume designer.
(d) A farmer.
3. What is remarkable about The Souls making it to the finals?
(a) They are all sixth graders.
(b) No one thought they could do it.
(c) They are the 18th straight winning team from Epiphany.
(d) Mrs. Olinski wasn't sure they were smart enough.
4. What does Noah say is enough when Julian suggests The Souls need a project?
(a) Regular tea parties.
(b) Doing puzzles.
(c) Learning magic.
(d) Peeling wallpaper.
5. What does Noah say Grandma Sadie and Grandpa Nate did in their "former lives"?
(a) They were gardeners.
(b) They had a bakery.
(c) They were musicians.
(d) They were accountants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What problem does Noah see with Nadia having Ginger audition for the part of Sandy?
2. How does Nadia greet Mrs. Olinski?
3. Who chooses The Souls' name?
4. What did Mrs. Singh do for a living before she died?
5. According to the narrator, sixth grade is the place where kids...
Short Essay Questions
1. What chicken-and-egg discussion do The Souls get into with Mrs. Olinski in the first chapter?
2. Explain how Noah and Tillie cut costs on the groceries for the wedding.
3. What happens that reminds Mrs. Olinski of how she chose the fourth member of her Academic Bowl team, and what can the reader now infer from her statements about this choice?
4. How does Noah react to his mom telling him to write a B&B letter? How does she get him to write the letter anyway?
5. What is Nadia's relationship with her old friends like in "Nadia Tells of Turtle Love"? How does Nadia explain this relationship?
6. Describe how Ethan feels about Julian when the two first meet.
7. What is the first question posed during the finals, and how does Mrs. Olinski react after she hears the question?
8. How does Julian invite his guests to the first tea party?
9. What are Julian's first few days at school like?
10. Explain the realization Nadia and her dad have about how Nadia is like the turtles.
This section contains 1,343 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)