|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator compare Nadia to when first introducing her in chapter 2?
(b) Waffles with strawberries.
(c) Cinnamon toast.
(d) Pancakes with syrup.
2. Why doesn't Margy ever carry turtles to the water?
(a) The turtles need to walk across their native sand.
(b) She doesn't like the feeling of their shells in her hands.
(c) She thinks it's too much work.
(d) She thinks that they need to make it on their own or die if they're not strong enough.
3. How does Julian feel about Nadia's bickering with Noah?
(a) He wishes the two could be friends.
(b) It makes him feel uncomfortable.
(c) He's started to enjoy it.
(d) It makes him feel jealous.
4. How many lines of poetry did the sixth graders have to memorize each month at Mrs. Olinski's first job?
(d) Four hundred.
5. What problem does Noah see with Nadia having Ginger audition for the part of Sandy?
(a) Ginger is female, but Sandy is male.
(b) Ginger is much bigger than Sandy.
(c) Ginger can't work that hard.
(d) Ginger is too smart to play Sandy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book does Mrs. Olinski think of while watching the superintendent and the commissioner?
2. Why does the ship's captain decide to have the monkey and his owner let off the ship at the next port?
3. Which county do the Potters live in?
4. What does Nadia think is the most glorious time of year?
5. What does Noah say Grandma Sadie and Grandpa Nate did in their "former lives"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What question does Ethan ask during The Souls' latest tea party, and what does each member answer?
2. What does Mrs. Draper notice about sixth graders in her time as a teacher and principal?
3. What does Julian decide to do when he finds out that Arnold will be acting during the performance instead of Ginger, and how does he get even with Ham in the end?
4. Explain the discussion Mrs. Olinski has with Dr. Rohmer about multiculturalism in chapter 2.
5. Explain the realization Nadia and her dad have about how Nadia is like the turtles.
6. Describe the differences between The Souls and the team from Maxwell.
7. What is Ham Knapp planning that Julian finds out about on the bus?
8. How does Julian invite his guests to the first tea party?
9. What does Julian do to help Ginger prepare for her audition? Give a detailed answer.
10. What angers Nadia in her conversation with Ethan, and why?
This section contains 1,394 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)