|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Margy ever carry turtles to the water?
(a) She thinks that they need to make it on their own or die if they're not strong enough.
(b) She thinks it's too much work.
(c) She doesn't like the feeling of their shells in her hands.
(d) The turtles need to walk across their native sand.
2. What answer does Mrs. Olinski give most often about how she chose her team?
(a) She picked students she knows work harder than others.
(b) They are her favorite students.
(c) She picked students she knows are smarter than others.
(d) The four members have skills that balance each other.
3. What is the "bombshell" Allen drops after going to the show with Nadia and Ethan?
(a) He wants to move to New York.
(b) He wants to get married again.
(c) He has a new girlfriend.
(d) He wants to get licensed to move turtle nests.
4. What does Ethan give Julian as a gift?
(a) A new bookbag.
(b) A pumpkin.
(c) A puzzle.
(d) A copy of "Alice in Wonderland".
5. Who approves people to move turtle nests?
(a) The Department of Environmental Protection.
(b) The Environmental Protection Agency.
(c) The United Nations Environmental Program.
(d) The Florida Sea Turtle Initiative.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Noah use over and over in his narrative about his trip to his grandparents' house?
2. Who was the principal at the first school where Mrs. Olinski taught?
3. What does Noah say Grandma Sadie and Grandpa Nate did in their "former lives"?
4. What does Nadia say her bubbe would have made when she goes back to her grandpa's apartment to have Oreos?
5. What does Mrs. Olinski say the "O" in her name looked like?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Julian's first few days at school like?
2. How does Julian invite his guests to the first tea party?
3. What happens that reminds Mrs. Olinski of how she chose the fourth member of her Academic Bowl team, and what can the reader now infer from her statements about this choice?
4. What angers Nadia in her conversation with Ethan, and why?
5. What does Mrs. Draper notice about sixth graders in her time as a teacher and principal?
6. What do The Souls decide their new project will be?
7. What does Julian do to help Ginger prepare for her audition? Give a detailed answer.
8. What do we know about Nadia from chapter 2?
9. Explain in detail how Nadia feels about Margy and why.
10. Describe the relationship between Mrs. Olinski and Mrs. Draper.
This section contains 1,338 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)