|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the principal at the first school where Mrs. Olinski taught?
(a) Mrs. Potter.
(b) Mrs. Draper.
(c) Mrs. Gershom.
(d) Dr. Rohmer.
2. Which county do the Potters live in?
(a) Clarion County.
(b) Rockland County.
(c) Saratoga County.
(d) Genesee County.
3. Where does Noah's brother Joey go for the summer?
(a) To his grandparents with Noah.
(b) To Noah's other grandparents' house.
(c) To his dad's house.
(d) On a cruise.
4. What does Nadia compare Margy to when she wears her green pantsuit?
(a) A giant green ball.
(b) A leprechaun.
(c) A turtle.
(d) A Granny Smith apple.
5. What is the first thing Julian teaches Nadia while The Souls are training Ginger for her audition?
(a) Never to give Ginger a treat before she earns it.
(b) How to palm a treat so the audience won't notice.
(c) How to make Ginger jump on cue.
(d) How to make Ginger bark on cue.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the commissioner admonish the audience not to applaud after Ethan's answer?
2. What does Nadia say Ginger doesn't do?
3. Why is the air conditioner in the building turned on?
4. How many lines of poetry did the sixth graders have to memorize each month at Mrs. Olinski's first job?
5. What does Nadia say her bubbe would have made when she goes back to her grandpa's apartment to have Oreos?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Noah and Tillie cut costs on the groceries for the wedding.
2. What does Mrs. Olinski say about how she chose the members of her Academic Bowl team?
3. What do we know about Nadia from chapter 2?
4. What does the reader find out about Mrs. Olinski's first few minutes in class that he or she didn't know before the beginning of chapter 4?
5. Describe how the wedding cake is ruined and how it is saved again.
6. What chicken-and-egg discussion do The Souls get into with Mrs. Olinski in the first chapter?
7. Describe the relationship between Mrs. Olinski and Mrs. Draper.
8. Explain how Mrs. Olinski goes about gaining an impression of Ethan.
9. What does Mrs. Draper notice about sixth graders in her time as a teacher and principal?
10. What is the first question posed during the finals, and how does Mrs. Olinski react after she hears the question?
This section contains 1,274 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)