Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mrs. Olinski wearing at the Bowl?
(a) A long skirt.
(b) A hat.
(c) A T-shirt with her team's logo.
(d) An evening gown.
2. What is remarkable about The Souls making it to the finals?
(a) No one thought they could do it.
(b) They are all sixth graders.
(c) They are the 18th straight winning team from Epiphany.
(d) Mrs. Olinski wasn't sure they were smart enough.
3. What does Mrs. Olinski do in order to find out about Ethan?
(a) She talks to his friends.
(b) She asks to talk to him privately.
(c) She calls his parents.
(d) She watchs him closely.
4. What color of hair does Mrs. Olinski NOT mention in her joke with Dr. Rohmer?
5. What is the "bombshell" Allen drops after going to the show with Nadia and Ethan?
(a) He wants to get married again.
(b) He wants to move to New York.
(c) He wants to get licensed to move turtle nests.
(d) He has a new girlfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the air conditioner in the building turned on?
2. Who organized the first women's rights convention?
3. How many empty egg shells were in the nest Izzy and Margy dug out?
4. What does the narrator say Mrs. Olinski knows about Nadia?
5. What does Nadia say had been the worst part of her trip to Florida?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what The Souls do after their win to show their support and unity with Mrs. Olinski.
2. Give examples of other teachers that observe The Souls' success and how they react to it.
3. What chicken-and-egg discussion do The Souls get into with Mrs. Olinski in the first chapter?
4. Explain Julian's answer to the question about acronyms that have entered the language as words.
5. What does Mrs. Draper notice about sixth graders in her time as a teacher and principal?
6. What does Mr. Fairbain do during the district championship, and why does this make Dr. Rohmer so uncomfortable?
7. How does Noah react to his mom telling him to write a B&B letter? How does she get him to write the letter anyway?
8. What does Mrs. Olinski say about how she chose the members of her Academic Bowl team?
9. Describe how each of the Academic Bowl teams reacts to Epiphany's win.
10. What do The Souls decide their new project will be?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)