|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 3, how many of the places in the Academic Bowl question are the contestants required to give an answer about?
2. Why does the commissioner admonish the audience not to applaud after Ethan's answer?
(a) It's distracting to both teams.
(b) It's not fair to the other team.
(c) Only the judges can decide if the answer was right.
(d) It shows favoritism.
3. What do the girls from the Maxwell team display?
(a) Their arrogance.
(b) Their lacy bra straps.
(c) Their clear superiority.
(d) Their red lipstick.
4. What is remarkable about The Souls making it to the finals?
(a) No one thought they could do it.
(b) They are the 18th straight winning team from Epiphany.
(c) Mrs. Olinski wasn't sure they were smart enough.
(d) They are all sixth graders.
5. What does Nadia compare Margy to when she wears her green pantsuit?
(a) A turtle.
(b) A giant green ball.
(c) A leprechaun.
(d) A Granny Smith apple.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Noah say is enough when Julian suggests The Souls need a project?
2. What does the narrator say the chicken-and-egg discussion ended with?
3. Whom does Izzy say the red wagon is a gift from?
4. What color is Nadia's hair?
5. Why is the air conditioner in the building turned on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do The Souls decide their new project will be?
2. What does Julian do to help Ginger prepare for her audition? Give a detailed answer.
3. How does Julian invite his guests to the first tea party?
4. Describe how Ethan feels about Julian when the two first meet.
5. Explain the discussion Mrs. Olinski has with Dr. Rohmer about multiculturalism in chapter 2.
6. What does the reader find out about Mrs. Olinski at the end of her discussion with Dr. Rohmer, and how does the author continue the mystery about this fact?
7. Explain in detail how Nadia feels about Margy and why.
8. What is the first question posed during the finals, and how does Mrs. Olinski react after she hears the question?
9. What is Nadia's relationship with her old friends like in "Nadia Tells of Turtle Love"? How does Nadia explain this relationship?
10. What happens that reminds Mrs. Olinski of how she chose the fourth member of her Academic Bowl team, and what can the reader now infer from her statements about this choice?
This section contains 1,336 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)