|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which student asks Mrs. Olinski to write higher on the board?
(a) One of the two Jasons.
(b) Julian Singh.
(c) Michael Froehlich.
(d) Hamilton Knapp.
2. What does Julian do to get his friends to help him save Ginger?
(a) He passes them a secret note.
(b) He passes them a Year-of-the-Souls penny.
(c) He tells them Nadia is in danger.
(d) He tells them Ginger is in danger.
3. What does Nadia think is the most glorious time of year?
4. What word does Noah look up after Izzy's comment about his divorce and his father's marriage?
5. How many dogs arrive for the audition with Ginger?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Olinski wearing at the Bowl?
2. What color of hair does Mrs. Olinski NOT mention in her joke with Dr. Rohmer?
3. What does Grandpa Izzy say Margy is?
4. What was the audience at the Bowl warned not to do?
5. What does Nadia think of Margy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain in detail how Nadia feels about Margy and why.
2. What chicken-and-egg discussion do The Souls get into with Mrs. Olinski in the first chapter?
3. What question does Ethan ask during The Souls' latest tea party, and what does each member answer?
4. What is Nadia's relationship with her old friends like in "Nadia Tells of Turtle Love"? How does Nadia explain this relationship?
5. What do The Souls decide their new project will be?
6. What is Mrs. Olinski's impression of the commissioner of education as he directs the Academic Bowl?
7. What angers Nadia in her conversation with Ethan, and why?
8. What are Julian's first few days at school like?
9. What does Noah tell the reader about Allen Diamondstein?
10. How does Julian invite his guests to the first tea party?
This section contains 1,171 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)