|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What problem does Noah see with Nadia having Ginger audition for the part of Sandy?
(a) Ginger is too smart to play Sandy.
(b) Ginger can't work that hard.
(c) Ginger is female, but Sandy is male.
(d) Ginger is much bigger than Sandy.
2. How does Nadia greet Mrs. Olinski?
(d) "Good morning."
3. What does Mrs. Olinski say about her fourth choice for the Academic Bowl team?
(a) The first three members suggested the fourth.
(b) The idea comes to her in a dream.
(c) She has known all along who it is going to be.
(d) It has been giving her problems.
4. What is the name of the monkey that accompanies Julian and his family aboard the ship?
5. What is Mrs. Olinski wearing at the Bowl?
(a) A T-shirt with her team's logo.
(b) A hat.
(c) An evening gown.
(d) A long skirt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Nadia's bubbe's name?
2. What word does Mrs. Olinski write on the board below her name on the first day of homeroom?
3. What is the name of the place where Noah's grandparents live?
4. What does Mrs. Draper have to say about Ethan?
5. What do the girls from the Maxwell team display?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Olinski say about how she chose the members of her Academic Bowl team?
2. Describe the relationship between Mrs. Olinski and Mrs. Draper.
3. What does Mrs. Draper notice about sixth graders in her time as a teacher and principal?
4. Explain in detail how Nadia feels about Margy and why.
5. Explain how Noah and Tillie cut costs on the groceries for the wedding.
6. Describe the differences between The Souls and the team from Maxwell.
7. What is the first question posed during the finals, and how does Mrs. Olinski react after she hears the question?
8. Describe how Ethan feels about Julian when the two first meet.
9. What is Nadia's relationship with her old friends like in "Nadia Tells of Turtle Love"? How does Nadia explain this relationship?
10. What happens that reminds Mrs. Olinski of how she chose the fourth member of her Academic Bowl team, and what can the reader now infer from her statements about this choice?
This section contains 1,243 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)