|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did sixth graders use to ask, according to the narrator?
(a) "So what?"
(b) "Now what?"
(c) "Say what?"
2. Which name did Mrs. Olinski have two of in her class the year she had her accident?
3. What does Ethan notice that Julian's father is wearing?
(a) A green hat.
(b) A turban.
(c) A pair of jeans.
(d) A Punjabi.
4. What is the kind of audition called that Nadia takes Ginger to?
(a) A cattle call.
(b) An animal call.
(c) An open audition.
(d) A doggie audition.
5. According to the narrator, sixth grade is the place where kids...
(a) ...can get into big, dangerous fights.
(b) ...can get inside the print to the meaning.
(c) ...can figure out how to manipulate their teachers.
(d) ...stop caring about school.
Short Answer Questions
1. The second Academic Bowl question, posed in chapter 2, revolves around what?
2. What does Mrs. Olinski say about her fourth choice for the Academic Bowl team?
3. What was Nadia's bubbe's name?
4. What is Mrs. Olinski wearing at the Bowl?
5. How does Ethan find out that Nadia is also invited to the tea party?
Short Essay Questions
1. What chicken-and-egg discussion do The Souls get into with Mrs. Olinski in the first chapter?
2. What angers Nadia in her conversation with Ethan, and why?
3. Why does Mrs. Olinski leave her name and the word "paraplegic" written on the board on the first day, and what does she learn from this experience?
4. What do we know about Nadia from chapter 2?
5. Describe how the wedding cake is ruined and how it is saved again.
6. What does Julian decide to do when he finds out that Arnold will be acting during the performance instead of Ginger, and how does he get even with Ham in the end?
7. What is Nadia's relationship with her old friends like in "Nadia Tells of Turtle Love"? How does Nadia explain this relationship?
8. What are Julian's first few days at school like?
9. Explain the discussion Mrs. Olinski has with Dr. Rohmer about multiculturalism in chapter 2.
10. Explain how Mrs. Olinski goes about gaining an impression of Ethan.
This section contains 1,293 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)