|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ethan find out that Nadia is also invited to the tea party?
(a) He sees her talking to Noah about it.
(b) Julian tells him.
(c) She tells him.
(d) He sees her looking for clues in the library.
2. What does Mrs. Olinski say the "O" in her name looked like?
(a) An egg.
(b) A hula hoop.
(c) An oil spill.
(d) A doughnut.
3. What does Noah say Grandma Sadie and Grandpa Nate did in their "former lives"?
(a) They had a bakery.
(b) They were accountants.
(c) They were musicians.
(d) They were gardeners.
4. What is the kind of audition called that Nadia takes Ginger to?
(a) A cattle call.
(b) An animal call.
(c) A doggie audition.
(d) An open audition.
5. The second Academic Bowl question, posed in chapter 2, revolves around what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ethan say is the difference between Ginger and Sandy?
2. What did sixth graders use to ask, according to the narrator?
3. What season does Mrs. Olinski feel she should prefer?
4. How many of the wedding invitations that Tillie and Noah made are "specially marked"?
5. Why does the commissioner admonish the audience not to applaud after Ethan's answer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Fairbain do during the district championship, and why does this make Dr. Rohmer so uncomfortable?
2. What does Noah tell the reader about Allen Diamondstein?
3. Describe the relationship between Epiphany and Knightsbridge in chapter 7.
4. Explain how Noah and Tillie cut costs on the groceries for the wedding.
5. How does Julian invite his guests to the first tea party?
6. Describe how the wedding cake is ruined and how it is saved again.
7. What does Mrs. Olinski say about how she chose the members of her Academic Bowl team?
8. Explain how Mrs. Olinski goes about gaining an impression of Ethan.
9. What are Julian's first few days at school like?
10. Explain in detail how Nadia feels about Margy and why.
This section contains 1,212 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)