|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who chooses The Souls' name?
2. The building housing the Bowl is big enough for what?
(a) Big enough to get lost in.
(b) Big enough to have its own zip code.
(c) Big enough to hold three Bowls at once.
(d) Big enough to be seen from space.
3. What does Ethan notice that Julian's father is wearing?
(a) A turban.
(b) A green hat.
(c) A Punjabi.
(d) A pair of jeans.
4. Who organized the first women's rights convention?
(a) Harriet Tubman.
(b) Elizabeth Cady Stanton.
(c) Amelia Jenks Bloomer.
(d) Susan B. Anthony.
5. Whom does Mrs. Olinski tell when she decides that Ethan should be part of the Academic Bowl team?
(a) The district superintendent.
(c) No one.
(d) Mrs. Draper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What problem does Noah see with Nadia having Ginger audition for the part of Sandy?
2. What does Ethan say about his brother Luke?
3. What color of hair does Mrs. Olinski NOT mention in her joke with Dr. Rohmer?
4. What does the narrator say Mrs. Olinski knows about Nadia?
5. What is The Farm?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the relationship between Mrs. Olinski and Mrs. Draper.
2. Why does Mrs. Olinski leave her name and the word "paraplegic" written on the board on the first day, and what does she learn from this experience?
3. What is Nadia's relationship with her old friends like in "Nadia Tells of Turtle Love"? How does Nadia explain this relationship?
4. What does Noah tell the reader about Allen Diamondstein?
5. Explain how Mrs. Olinski goes about gaining an impression of Ethan.
6. Describe how Ethan feels about Julian when the two first meet.
7. Explain how Noah and Tillie cut costs on the groceries for the wedding.
8. Why is Julian worried about Ginger's understudy?
9. What does Julian do to help Ginger prepare for her audition? Give a detailed answer.
10. How does Noah react to his mom telling him to write a B&B letter? How does she get him to write the letter anyway?
This section contains 1,203 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)