|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Julian do to get his friends to help him save Ginger?
(a) He passes them a secret note.
(b) He passes them a Year-of-the-Souls penny.
(c) He tells them Nadia is in danger.
(d) He tells them Ginger is in danger.
2. What is The Farm?
(a) A farm.
(b) A grocery store.
(c) A house.
(d) A housing development.
3. What color of hair does Mrs. Olinski NOT mention in her joke with Dr. Rohmer?
4. What does Nadia say Ginger doesn't do?
(a) Follow rules.
(b) Bark on cue.
(d) Make a scene in public.
5. What does Nadia say had been the worst part of her trip to Florida?
(a) Checking Ginger in to the baggage compartment.
(b) Meeting up with her dad at the airport.
(c) Taking off in the plane.
(d) Landing in the plane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Olinski say "paraplegic" means?
2. What word does Noah use over and over in his narrative about his trip to his grandparents' house?
3. What word does Noah look up after Izzy's comment about his divorce and his father's marriage?
4. What problem does Noah see with Nadia having Ginger audition for the part of Sandy?
5. The building housing the Bowl is big enough for what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what school was like at the school where Mrs. Draper was principal.
2. Explain the realization Nadia and her dad have about how Nadia is like the turtles.
3. What does the reader find out about Mrs. Olinski's first few minutes in class that he or she didn't know before the beginning of chapter 4?
4. What does Noah tell the reader about Allen Diamondstein?
5. What question does Ethan ask during The Souls' latest tea party, and what does each member answer?
6. How does Noah react to his mom telling him to write a B&B letter? How does she get him to write the letter anyway?
7. What is Mrs. Olinski's impression of the commissioner of education as he directs the Academic Bowl?
8. What happens that reminds Mrs. Olinski of how she chose the fourth member of her Academic Bowl team, and what can the reader now infer from her statements about this choice?
9. How does Julian invite his guests to the first tea party?
10. What does the reader find out about Mrs. Olinski at the end of her discussion with Dr. Rohmer, and how does the author continue the mystery about this fact?
This section contains 1,398 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)