|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say the chicken-and-egg discussion ended with?
(a) A party.
(b) A chicken.
(c) An egg.
(d) A fight.
2. What does Mrs. Draper have to say about Ethan?
(a) What a smart kid he is.
(b) Not much.
(c) She doesn't know Ethan very well.
(d) What a hard worker he is.
3. What is remarkable about The Souls making it to the finals?
(a) Mrs. Olinski wasn't sure they were smart enough.
(b) No one thought they could do it.
(c) They are all sixth graders.
(d) They are the 18th straight winning team from Epiphany.
4. What word do the onlookers keep saying while Izzy and Margy are digging out the turtles' nest?
5. Which of the following places is not mentioned in the Academic Bowl question in chapter 3?
(d) Seneca Falls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Olinski's middle name?
2. What does Grandpa Izzy say Margy is?
3. What does Nadia say her bubbe would have made when she goes back to her grandpa's apartment to have Oreos?
4. What is the name of the place where Noah's grandparents live?
5. Why is the air conditioner in the building turned on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Olinski say about how she chose the members of her Academic Bowl team?
2. What is the first question posed during the finals, and how does Mrs. Olinski react after she hears the question?
3. What is Ham Knapp planning that Julian finds out about on the bus?
4. Describe the relationship between Mrs. Olinski and Mrs. Draper.
5. What does Mrs. Draper notice about sixth graders in her time as a teacher and principal?
6. What do The Souls decide their new project will be?
7. What does Julian decide to do when he finds out that Arnold will be acting during the performance instead of Ginger, and how does he get even with Ham in the end?
8. Why is Julian worried about Ginger's understudy?
9. Explain how Noah and Tillie cut costs on the groceries for the wedding.
10. Describe what school was like at the school where Mrs. Draper was principal.
This section contains 1,154 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)