|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Mrs. Olinski write on the board below her name on the first day of homeroom?
2. What color of hair does Mrs. Olinski NOT mention in her joke with Dr. Rohmer?
3. What does the narrator say Mrs. Olinski knows about Nadia?
(a) She's especially gifted.
(b) She's too shy.
(c) She's a rarity.
(d) She's a star.
4. What did sixth graders use to ask, according to the narrator?
(a) "Now what?"
(b) "So what?"
(c) "Say what?"
5. What does Nadia say her bubbe would have made when she goes back to her grandpa's apartment to have Oreos?
(a) Homemade challah.
(b) Homemade ruggelach.
(c) Homemade ingberlach.
(d) Homemade teiglach.
Short Answer Questions
1. What answer does Mrs. Olinski give most often about how she chose her team?
2. Why does the ship's captain decide to have the monkey and his owner let off the ship at the next port?
3. What do the girls from the Maxwell team display?
4. According to the narrator, sixth grade is the place where kids...
5. What does Nadia think of Margy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Julian invite his guests to the first tea party?
2. What is Nadia's relationship with her old friends like in "Nadia Tells of Turtle Love"? How does Nadia explain this relationship?
3. What is Ham Knapp planning that Julian finds out about on the bus?
4. What does the reader find out about Mrs. Olinski at the end of her discussion with Dr. Rohmer, and how does the author continue the mystery about this fact?
5. What does Julian decide to do when he finds out that Arnold will be acting during the performance instead of Ginger, and how does he get even with Ham in the end?
6. Describe the relationship between Mrs. Olinski and Mrs. Draper.
7. Describe the differences between The Souls and the team from Maxwell.
8. Explain the realization Nadia and her dad have about how Nadia is like the turtles.
9. Explain how Mrs. Olinski goes about gaining an impression of Ethan.
10. What are Julian's first few days at school like?
This section contains 1,341 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)