|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Olinski say she gets when introducing herself to her homeroom class for the first time?
(a) What it means to be different.
(b) The good parking spaces at the mall.
(c) A lot of grief for being handicapped.
(d) A small pension from her accident.
2. Julian shows his friends a tiny sculpture of _________.
(a) A bird.
(b) A monkey.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A lion.
3. Who is Dr. Rohmer?
(a) The district superintendent.
(b) The commissioner of education.
(c) Mrs. Olinski's brother.
(d) Nadia's father.
4. What word does Noah use over and over in his narrative about his trip to his grandparents' house?
5. What does the commissioner pull out of his front pocket before reading the first question?
(a) A handkerchief.
(b) A pair of reading glasses.
(c) A card with the question on it.
(d) His good-luck charm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Noah say he can't write a B&B letter to his grandparents?
2. What does Julian say his mother was?
3. Which subject is Mrs. Olinski going to be teaching?
4. What is the "bombshell" Allen drops after going to the show with Nadia and Ethan?
5. What did Mrs. Singh do for a living before she died?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the reader find out about Mrs. Olinski's first few minutes in class that he or she didn't know before the beginning of chapter 4?
2. What does Mrs. Draper notice about sixth graders in her time as a teacher and principal?
3. What does Noah tell the reader about Allen Diamondstein?
4. What is Mrs. Olinski's impression of the commissioner of education as he directs the Academic Bowl?
5. What does Julian decide to do when he finds out that Arnold will be acting during the performance instead of Ginger, and how does he get even with Ham in the end?
6. What do we know about Nadia from chapter 2?
7. What is Nadia's relationship with her old friends like in "Nadia Tells of Turtle Love"? How does Nadia explain this relationship?
8. How does Noah react to his mom telling him to write a B&B letter? How does she get him to write the letter anyway?
9. How does Julian invite his guests to the first tea party?
10. What is Ham Knapp planning that Julian finds out about on the bus?
This section contains 1,278 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)