|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Noah look up after Izzy's comment about his divorce and his father's marriage?
2. When does Ethan ring in after the question about the places in New York State is asked?
(a) Before the commissioner is finished asking the question.
(b) At the sound of the last syllable.
(c) After a brief moment to think.
(d) Last of all the contestants.
3. Whom does Izzy say the red wagon is a gift from?
(a) The best man.
(b) Grandpa Nate.
4. Julian shows his friends a tiny sculpture of _________.
(a) A monkey.
(b) A lion.
(c) A bird.
(d) A rabbit.
5. What did Mr. Singh do for a living before buying the Sillington place?
(a) He was a policeman.
(b) He was a teacher.
(c) He was a ship's captain.
(d) He was a chef.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Noah say is enough when Julian suggests The Souls need a project?
2. Which county do the Potters live in?
3. Why does Noah say he can't write a B&B letter to his grandparents?
4. Why doesn't Margy ever carry turtles to the water?
5. What color of hair does Mrs. Olinski NOT mention in her joke with Dr. Rohmer?
Short Essay Questions
1. When she arrives at Sillington House to visit Margy, Mrs. Olinski is overcome with emotion. Which emotions is she feeling and why?
2. Describe the brief conversation that Mr. Singh and Mrs. Olinski have just before The Souls begin to practice in chapter 8.
3. Describe how the wedding cake is ruined and how it is saved again.
4. What does Julian do to help Ginger prepare for her audition? Give a detailed answer.
5. What does Mrs. Olinski ask The Souls in chapter 12? What does she mean by this question, and what is The Souls' answer?
6. What difficulty does the commissioner of education have with the match-point question, and what does he do to help prevent any problems?
7. What are Julian's first few days at school like?
8. Give examples of other teachers that observe The Souls' success and how they react to it.
9. What is the first question posed during the finals, and how does Mrs. Olinski react after she hears the question?
10. Describe the relationship between Epiphany and Knightsbridge in chapter 7.
This section contains 1,437 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)