|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color of hair does Mrs. Olinski NOT mention in her joke with Dr. Rohmer?
2. What does Mrs. Draper have to say about Ethan?
(a) She doesn't know Ethan very well.
(b) What a hard worker he is.
(c) Not much.
(d) What a smart kid he is.
3. Why doesn't Margy ever carry turtles to the water?
(a) She doesn't like the feeling of their shells in her hands.
(b) She thinks that they need to make it on their own or die if they're not strong enough.
(c) She thinks it's too much work.
(d) The turtles need to walk across their native sand.
4. What does Mrs. Olinski know about Ethan before she met him?
(a) That he is tough.
(b) That he is independent.
(c) That he is smart.
(d) That he is Mrs. Draper's grandson.
5. What was Nadia's bubbe's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What game does Noah compare collecting coupons for the groceries to?
2. According to the narrator, sixth grade is the place where kids...
3. What did sixth graders use to ask, according to the narrator?
4. What does Mrs. Olinski do in order to find out about Ethan?
5. Who approves people to move turtle nests?
Short Essay Questions
1. What answer does Mr. Singh give Mrs. Olinski for how she chose her team?
2. Describe the differences between The Souls and the team from Maxwell.
3. In chapter 5, the reader finds out how Mrs. Olinski chose each of the members of her Academic Bowl team. Explain how she did it.
4. What do The Souls decide their new project will be?
5. Explain what happens on the issue of Julian's answer of "tip" to the acronym question in the end.
6. What happens to Mrs. Olinski as she is having tea?
7. How does Mrs. Olinski outsmart Ham Knapp in chapter 6?
8. What does Julian do to help Ginger prepare for her audition? Give a detailed answer.
9. Explain how Mrs. Olinski feels when the state championships are over and why.
10. Describe how Ethan feels about Julian when the two first meet.
This section contains 1,438 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)