|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Mrs. Olinski give a bad answer to about how she picked her team?
(a) The commissioner of education.
(b) The superintendent of schools.
(c) Noah's father.
(d) The principal.
2. Which name did Mrs. Olinski have two of in her class the year she had her accident?
3. What does Mrs. Olinski say she gets when introducing herself to her homeroom class for the first time?
(a) A small pension from her accident.
(b) A lot of grief for being handicapped.
(c) What it means to be different.
(d) The good parking spaces at the mall.
4. Whom does Izzy say the red wagon is a gift from?
(b) Grandpa Nate.
(d) The best man.
5. Whom does Mrs. Olinski tell when she decides that Ethan should be part of the Academic Bowl team?
(a) Mrs. Draper.
(c) No one.
(d) The district superintendent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word do the onlookers keep saying while Izzy and Margy are digging out the turtles' nest?
2. What is the topic of the workshop Dr. Rohmer completed?
3. What does Mrs. Draper never call herself?
4. What holiday has just passed when Ethan suggests that Nadia have Ginger try out for Annie?
5. What does Ethan give Julian as a gift?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the realization Nadia and her dad have about how Nadia is like the turtles.
2. Explain in detail how Nadia feels about Margy and why.
3. Describe how the wedding cake is ruined and how it is saved again.
4. What happens that reminds Mrs. Olinski of how she chose the fourth member of her Academic Bowl team, and what can the reader now infer from her statements about this choice?
5. Explain how Mrs. Olinski goes about gaining an impression of Ethan.
6. Explain how Noah and Tillie cut costs on the groceries for the wedding.
7. Describe the differences between The Souls and the team from Maxwell.
8. How does Julian invite his guests to the first tea party?
9. Why does Mrs. Olinski leave her name and the word "paraplegic" written on the board on the first day, and what does she learn from this experience?
10. What is Nadia's relationship with her old friends like in "Nadia Tells of Turtle Love"? How does Nadia explain this relationship?
This section contains 1,339 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)