|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mrs. Olinski's reason for going to Sillington House in chapter 8 is half of an invitation from The Souls and half what?
(a) Half an invitation from Mr. Singh.
(b) Half worry that the team wouldn't be ready for the championship.
(c) Half a promise to herself.
(d) Half a promise to Mrs. Laurencin.
2. What does the commissioner do after Maxwell's response to the match-point question before moving on?
(a) He clears his throat.
(b) He adjusts his glasses.
(c) He makes a note on the question card.
(d) He thanks the panel of experts.
3. Which quiz category do The Souls and Mrs. Olinski debate when getting ready to practice at the end of chapter 8?
(d) The Bible.
4. Who is Mr. LeDue?
(a) The Knightsbridge Academic Bowl coach.
(b) The deputy superintendent.
(c) The district superintendent.
(d) The Knightsbridge principal.
5. How does Julian react when the commissioner tells him he can't find a reference for "tip"?
(a) He accepts the fact that his answer was wrong.
(b) He says the commissioner should check another source.
(c) He thinks the commissioner has been against him all along.
(d) He thinks the sources are wrong.
6. What does the commissioner take away from Julian at the beginning of chapter 9?
(a) His microphone.
(b) The two points he'd earned for the word "posh".
(c) His nametag.
(d) His place in the next Academic Bowl.
7. What does Mr. Singh say is now missing?
(a) A reason to see each other.
(b) Future victories.
(c) The bond that ties the friends together.
(d) All the time for training.
8. Whom does Holly Blackwell tell her colleague to focus on?
(a) Mrs. Olinski.
(b) Mr. LeDue.
(c) Dr. Fairbain.
(d) Dr. Rohmer.
9. Who is Holly Blackwell?
(a) A radio hostess.
(b) A magazine editor.
(c) A newspaper reporter.
(d) A TV anchorwoman.
10. What does Mrs. Olinski tell the principal one must risk when defending her way of choosing her team?
(a) Making a fool of oneself.
(b) Doing what's unpopular.
(c) Hurting peoples' feelings.
(d) Making people angry.
11. Where does the author mentioned in the follow-up question teach?
(a) Cambridge University.
(b) New York University.
(c) Oxford University.
(d) Epiphany Middle School.
12. Whom does Mrs. Olinski ask to write the instructions for the new "lesson" on the board?
13. What does the narrator say the trophy was?
(a) A friendship cup.
(b) A loving cup.
(c) A unity cup.
(d) A true treasure.
14. What word could be used to describe the food Mrs. Olinski eats while at Sillington House?
15. When is the deadline for choosing an Academic Bowl team?
(a) Just before the winter break.
(b) Just after Thanksgiving.
(c) Just before Thanksgiving.
(d) Just after the winter break.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who ended up being the "real news" from Holly Blackwell's visit?
2. What does the narrator say the audience's smiles are when the commissioner makes the adjustment in chapter 9?
3. What color is Mrs. Diamondstein's jogging suit when Mrs. Olinski comes to the Sillington House to visit?
4. What does Mrs. Olinski think when she sees the place at the table The Souls have set for her?
5. What does Julian say "tip" was an acronym for?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)