|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mrs. Olinski's reason for going to Sillington House in chapter 8 is half of an invitation from The Souls and half what?
(a) Half worry that the team wouldn't be ready for the championship.
(b) Half a promise to herself.
(c) Half an invitation from Mr. Singh.
(d) Half a promise to Mrs. Laurencin.
2. Whom does Mrs. Olinski ask to write the instructions for the new "lesson" on the board?
3. What does Julian do in the car on the way home from the state championship?
(a) He sleeps.
(b) He reads.
(c) He chats with his dad and Mrs. Olinski.
(d) He plays games.
4. Where is the state championship going to be held?
(a) Seneca Falls.
5. What does Mr. Singh do after Mrs. Olinski has entered the dining room?
(a) He pours tea.
(b) He sets her place.
(c) He serves a meal.
(d) He opens the window.
6. Who is waiting for Mrs. Olinski in chapter 12?
(a) Mr. Singh.
(b) The Souls.
(c) Margy Diamondstein.
(d) Dr. Rohmer.
7. What does Mrs. Olinski think when she sees the place at the table The Souls have set for her?
(a) "VIPs only".
(b) "Handicapped parking".
(c) "A space with a view".
(d) "Guest of honor".
8. What does Ham Knapp do in chapter 6 to disrupt Mrs. Olinski's class?
(a) He belches.
(b) He yells out.
(c) He passes notes.
(d) He slides off his chair.
9. How does the commissioner respond to Maxwell's answer to the match-point question?
(a) He hesitates before saying "Yes".
(b) He waits for the panel of experts to give its ruling.
(c) He hesitates before saying "No".
(d) He says "No" before they can finish responding.
10. Who said she knew all along that The Souls would beat the eighth grade?
(a) Mrs. Olinski.
(b) Mrs. Sharkey.
(c) Ms. Masolino.
(d) Mrs. Laurencin.
11. Which member of the Epiphany team answers the final question?
12. What does Bella Dubinsky's T-shirt design for The Souls feature?
(a) A noose.
(b) A picture of Sillington House.
(c) A penny.
(d) A ghost.
13. What does Mrs. Olinski do after returning home from the state championship?
(a) She makes herself a cup of tea.
(b) She looks at her pictures form the Academic Bowl.
(c) She writes in her diary.
(d) She looks at her copies of "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland" and "Through the Looking Glass."
14. What word does Mrs. Olinski compare Mrs. Diamondstein's jogging suit to?
15. What is the first reason Mrs. Olinski begins to listen to what Margy and Izzy are saying while drinking tea?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Olinski say Julian makes each mile a journey of?
2. What answer do The Souls shout out before Mrs. Olinski is finished asking the question about Martin Luther?
3. What is the second acronym that Maxwell suggests in chapter 9?
4. What word could be used to describe the food Mrs. Olinski eats while at Sillington House?
5. Which of the following does the narrator NOT mention as something that might cause Mr. Fairbain to embarrass himself?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)