|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is the deadline for choosing an Academic Bowl team?
(a) Just after Thanksgiving.
(b) Just after the winter break.
(c) Just before the winter break.
(d) Just before Thanksgiving.
2. How does Julian react when the commissioner tells him he can't find a reference for "tip"?
(a) He thinks the commissioner has been against him all along.
(b) He accepts the fact that his answer was wrong.
(c) He thinks the sources are wrong.
(d) He says the commissioner should check another source.
3. What does Julian say the people in the pubs do with the boxes on the bars?
(a) They take coins out of them.
(b) They drop coins in them.
(c) They put notes in them.
(d) They pick notes out of them.
4. What does Mr. Singh compliment Mrs. Olinski on as they are driving to the final championship?
(a) Her dress.
(b) Her hair.
(c) Her teaching ability.
(d) Her driving.
5. What source(s) does the advisory panel consult when checking Julian's answer?
(a) A computer.
(b) A computer and large books.
(c) An expert and a computer.
(d) Large books.
6. What sign does Nadia give Mrs. Olinski after Ham and Jared return to their seats in chapter 6?
(a) She sticks out her right leg.
(b) She raises her right hand.
(c) She raises her left hand.
(d) She sticks out her left leg.
7. Who comes out of Sillington House to greet Mrs. Olinski when she arrives?
(b) Mr. Singh.
8. Who is Holly Blackwell?
(a) A magazine editor.
(b) A TV anchorwoman.
(c) A radio hostess.
(d) A newspaper reporter.
9. Which book is part of the correct answer to the match-point question?
(a) "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe".
(b) "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland".
(c) "Mother Goose's Nursery Rhymes".
(d) "Through the Looking Glass".
10. Who is Mr. LeDue?
(a) The Knightsbridge Academic Bowl coach.
(b) The deputy superintendent.
(c) The district superintendent.
(d) The Knightsbridge principal.
11. How does Mrs. Olinski feel while eating during tea in chapter 8?
12. What do Michael Froehlich and his friends pin on their shirts when Epiphany wins the district championship?
(a) A sign that reads: "Epiphany's the best!"
(b) A piece of wire.
(c) A piece of rope.
(d) A ribbon.
13. What does Mrs. Olinski know when she arrives at Sillington House in chapter 12?
(a) She knows that The Souls know that she knows.
(b) She knows that Margy is proud of her.
(c) She knows that Mr. Singh knows that she knows.
(d) She knows that friendship is important.
14. What does Mr. Singh do after Mrs. Olinski has entered the dining room?
(a) He pours tea.
(b) He opens the window.
(c) He serves a meal.
(d) He sets her place.
15. What answer do The Souls shout out before Mrs. Olinski is finished asking the question about Martin Luther?
(a) "The Ninety-five Theses."
(b) "The Bible."
(c) "The Reformation."
(d) "The Catholic Church."
Short Answer Questions
1. Which fictional character is featured in the match-point question at the Academic Bowl?
2. How many regions are there in the state of New York?
3. What does Mr. Singh say Julian found?
4. What word does Mrs. Olinski compare Mrs. Diamondstein's jogging suit to?
5. What does Mrs. Olinski do after returning home from the state championship?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)