|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is the deadline for choosing an Academic Bowl team?
(a) Just before the winter break.
(b) Just before Thanksgiving.
(c) Just after the winter break.
(d) Just after Thanksgiving.
2. What do Michael Froehlich and his friends pin on their shirts when Epiphany wins the district championship?
(a) A piece of rope.
(b) A sign that reads: "Epiphany's the best!"
(c) A ribbon.
(d) A piece of wire.
3. What answer do The Souls shout out before Mrs. Olinski is finished asking the question about Martin Luther?
(a) "The Bible."
(b) "The Ninety-five Theses."
(c) "The Catholic Church."
(d) "The Reformation."
4. Who is waiting for Mrs. Olinski in chapter 12?
(a) Margy Diamondstein.
(b) Dr. Rohmer.
(c) Mr. Singh.
(d) The Souls.
5. What does Mr. Singh tell Mrs. Olinski it takes more courage to do?
(a) Be a pacifist.
(b) Be a driver.
(c) Be a leader.
(d) Be a passenger.
6. Whom does Mrs. Olinski ask to write the instructions for the new "lesson" on the board?
7. Which fictional character is featured in the match-point question at the Academic Bowl?
(a) Humpty Dumpty.
(b) Little Bo Peep.
(c) The Cheshire Cat.
(d) Mother Goose.
8. Which of the following leaders is NOT mentioned in the question about the major accomplishments of Native American leaders?
(a) Crazy Horse.
9. At the beginning of chapter 7, which team does the narrator claim would worry about Julian's defiance of the commissioner?
(a) Any other team in the district.
(b) Any other team in New York.
(c) Any other team on spaceship Earth.
(d) Any other team in Epiphany.
10. What is the first reason Mrs. Olinski begins to listen to what Margy and Izzy are saying while drinking tea?
11. What does Mrs. Olinski know when she arrives at Sillington House in chapter 12?
(a) She knows that friendship is important.
(b) She knows that The Souls know that she knows.
(c) She knows that Mr. Singh knows that she knows.
(d) She knows that Margy is proud of her.
12. Who comes out of Sillington House to greet Mrs. Olinski when she arrives?
(d) Mr. Singh.
13. What does the narrator say the audience's smiles are when the commissioner makes the adjustment in chapter 9?
14. What does Mr. Singh refer to when explaining that Julian is the necessary Soul?
(a) A monkey.
(b) An atom.
(c) A box.
(d) A tree.
15. What sign does Nadia give Mrs. Olinski after Ham and Jared return to their seats in chapter 6?
(a) She raises her left hand.
(b) She sticks out her left leg.
(c) She raises her right hand.
(d) She sticks out her right leg.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does chapter 12 begin?
2. What source(s) does the advisory panel consult when checking Julian's answer?
3. What does the commissioner take away from Julian at the beginning of chapter 9?
4. Why does Mrs. Sharkey say she thinks there's a chance The Souls could beat the seventh grade?
5. What does the narrator say the trophy was?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)