|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't the commissioner disqualify The Souls in chapter 7?
(a) He wants to give them one more chance.
(b) He thinks Julian is smarter than anyone else his age.
(c) He is speechless.
(d) He thinks The Souls deserve to win.
2. Which member of the Epiphany team answers the final question?
3. How does the commissioner respond to Maxwell's answer to the match-point question?
(a) He says "No" before they can finish responding.
(b) He hesitates before saying "No".
(c) He hesitates before saying "Yes".
(d) He waits for the panel of experts to give its ruling.
4. What word could be used to describe the food Mrs. Olinski eats while at Sillington House?
5. What does Mr. Singh say is now missing?
(a) All the time for training.
(b) Future victories.
(c) A reason to see each other.
(d) The bond that ties the friends together.
6. What answer do The Souls shout out before Mrs. Olinski is finished asking the question about Martin Luther?
(a) "The Bible."
(b) "The Ninety-five Theses."
(c) "The Catholic Church."
(d) "The Reformation."
7. At the beginning of chapter 7, which team does the narrator claim would worry about Julian's defiance of the commissioner?
(a) Any other team on spaceship Earth.
(b) Any other team in Epiphany.
(c) Any other team in the district.
(d) Any other team in New York.
8. Which source does Mrs. Olinski NOT use in selecting questions for practice?
(a) A trivia game.
(b) Standard seventh grade questions.
(c) The news.
(d) Standard sixth grade questions.
9. How can Mrs. Diamonstein tell Ethan has grown when she sees him?
(a) He is now taller than she is.
(b) His pants are too short.
(c) His shoes are too small.
(d) His jacket sleeves are too short.
10. Who comes out of Sillington House to greet Mrs. Olinski when she arrives?
(a) Mr. Singh.
11. What does Julian say "tip" was an acronym for?
(a) To Imitate Politeness.
(b) To Insure Promptness.
(c) Timely Important Polite.
(d) Truly Important Present.
12. What color is Mrs. Diamondstein's jogging suit when Mrs. Olinski comes to the Sillington House to visit?
(a) Shocking pink.
13. What does Mrs. Olinski know when she arrives at Sillington House in chapter 12?
(a) She knows that The Souls know that she knows.
(b) She knows that Margy is proud of her.
(c) She knows that Mr. Singh knows that she knows.
(d) She knows that friendship is important.
14. What does the commissioner take away from Julian at the beginning of chapter 9?
(a) His microphone.
(b) The two points he'd earned for the word "posh".
(c) His nametag.
(d) His place in the next Academic Bowl.
15. What does Mr. Singh tell Mrs. Olinski it takes more courage to do?
(a) Be a pacifist.
(b) Be a driver.
(c) Be a passenger.
(d) Be a leader.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which part of Holly Blackwell's question does Nadia take issue with?
2. Who ended up being the "real news" from Holly Blackwell's visit?
3. How does Mrs. Olinski feel about Julian when he disappears before the play?
4. Whose name did Mr. Fairbain mispronounce during the previous year's championship?
5. Which of the following does the narrator NOT mention as something that might cause Mr. Fairbain to embarrass himself?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)