|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mr. LeDue?
(a) The deputy superintendent.
(b) The Knightsbridge principal.
(c) The district superintendent.
(d) The Knightsbridge Academic Bowl coach.
2. What does Mrs. Olinski tell the principal one must risk when defending her way of choosing her team?
(a) Making a fool of oneself.
(b) Hurting peoples' feelings.
(c) Doing what's unpopular.
(d) Making people angry.
3. Which of the following characters do not attend when Holly Blackwell comes to visit?
(a) Dr. Fairbain.
(b) Dr. Rohmer.
(c) Mr. LeDue.
(d) Mrs. Olinski.
4. Whom has Mrs. Olinski been considering as the fourth member of her team?
(a) Jared Lord.
(b) Julian Singh.
(c) Michael Froehlich.
(d) Hamilton Knapp.
5. What does the narrator say the audience's smiles are when the commissioner makes the adjustment in chapter 9?
6. How does chapter 12 begin?
(a) Mr. Singh greets Mrs. Olinski.
(b) The Souls greet Mrs. Olinski.
(c) The Souls and Mrs. Olinski have tea.
(d) Mrs. Olinski lets herself out of her van.
7. How does Mrs. Olinski drink her tea?
(a) With cream and no sugar.
(b) With cream and sugar.
(c) No cream and no sugar.
(d) No cream but with sugar.
8. Where does the author mentioned in the follow-up question teach?
(a) Oxford University.
(b) Epiphany Middle School.
(c) New York University.
(d) Cambridge University.
9. What signal do the other sixth graders use to show The Souls their support?
(a) High five.
(b) Left-eyed wink.
(c) Big smile.
(d) Thumbs up.
10. What does Mr. Singh compliment Mrs. Olinski on as they are driving to the final championship?
(a) Her dress.
(b) Her driving.
(c) Her teaching ability.
(d) Her hair.
11. Where is the state championship going to be held?
(c) Seneca Falls.
12. How does the commissioner respond to Maxwell's answer to the match-point question?
(a) He waits for the panel of experts to give its ruling.
(b) He hesitates before saying "Yes".
(c) He hesitates before saying "No".
(d) He says "No" before they can finish responding.
13. What does Bella Dubinsky's T-shirt design for The Souls feature?
(a) A penny.
(b) A picture of Sillington House.
(c) A noose.
(d) A ghost.
14. Mrs. Olinski's reason for going to Sillington House in chapter 8 is half of an invitation from The Souls and half what?
(a) Half an invitation from Mr. Singh.
(b) Half a promise to Mrs. Laurencin.
(c) Half worry that the team wouldn't be ready for the championship.
(d) Half a promise to herself.
15. What word could be used to describe the food Mrs. Olinski eats while at Sillington House?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the commissioner take away from Julian at the beginning of chapter 9?
2. How can Mrs. Diamonstein tell Ethan has grown when she sees him?
3. What does Mrs. Olinski ask The Souls in chapter 12?
4. What do Michael Froehlich and his friends pin on their shirts when Epiphany wins the district championship?
5. What color is Mrs. Diamondstein's jogging suit when Mrs. Olinski comes to the Sillington House to visit?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)