|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the mood at Sillington House in chapter 12?
(a) Everyone is sorry that the finals are over.
(b) Everyone is happy that training is over.
(c) Everyone is happy.
(d) Everyone is sorry that the gorgeous autumn is over.
2. What signal do the other sixth graders use to show The Souls their support?
(a) Left-eyed wink.
(b) Thumbs up.
(c) High five.
(d) Big smile.
3. What does Mr. Singh refer to when explaining that Julian is the necessary Soul?
(a) A tree.
(b) A box.
(c) An atom.
(d) A monkey.
4. What answer do The Souls shout out before Mrs. Olinski is finished asking the question about Martin Luther?
(a) "The Reformation."
(b) "The Catholic Church."
(c) "The Bible."
(d) "The Ninety-five Theses."
5. Whom does Mrs. Olinski ask to write the instructions for the new "lesson" on the board?
6. What word does Mrs. Olinski use to describe what Ham has done?
7. What color is Mrs. Diamondstein's jogging suit when Mrs. Olinski comes to the Sillington House to visit?
(d) Shocking pink.
8. Mrs. Olinski's reason for going to Sillington House in chapter 8 is half of an invitation from The Souls and half what?
(a) Half a promise to Mrs. Laurencin.
(b) Half an invitation from Mr. Singh.
(c) Half a promise to herself.
(d) Half worry that the team wouldn't be ready for the championship.
9. What does Mr. Singh compliment Mrs. Olinski on as they are driving to the final championship?
(a) Her hair.
(b) Her dress.
(c) Her teaching ability.
(d) Her driving.
10. What does the commissioner do after Maxwell's response to the match-point question before moving on?
(a) He adjusts his glasses.
(b) He makes a note on the question card.
(c) He thanks the panel of experts.
(d) He clears his throat.
11. What arrangement does Mrs. Olinski make with the principal in regards to practicing for the regional championship?
(a) She arranges to have the school opened on Saturday.
(b) She arranges to have the school left open at night.
(c) She arranges to have the school opened on Sunday.
(d) She arranges to have the school opened early in the morning.
12. Why does Dr. Rohmer say he won't pay for the gas and the bus drivers at the end of chapter 10?
(a) There is no precedent for charging admission to an Academic Bowl.
(b) The school district doesn't have enough money.
(c) He doesn't think Epiphany is going to win.
(d) He refuses to charge admission to the Academic Bowl.
13. When is the deadline for choosing an Academic Bowl team?
(a) Just after the winter break.
(b) Just after Thanksgiving.
(c) Just before Thanksgiving.
(d) Just before the winter break.
14. Why doesn't the commissioner disqualify The Souls in chapter 7?
(a) He wants to give them one more chance.
(b) He thinks Julian is smarter than anyone else his age.
(c) He is speechless.
(d) He thinks The Souls deserve to win.
15. What does Mr. Singh tell Mrs. Olinski it takes more courage to do?
(a) Be a pacifist.
(b) Be a leader.
(c) Be a passenger.
(d) Be a driver.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Olinski do after returning home from the state championship?
2. What does Mrs. Olinski know when she arrives at Sillington House in chapter 12?
3. How can Mrs. Diamonstein tell Ethan has grown when she sees him?
4. Which fictional character is featured in the match-point question at the Academic Bowl?
5. What is the first acronym that Maxwell suggests in chapter 9?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)