|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Olinski ask The Souls in chapter 12?
(a) "What brought you all together?"
(b) "Did I choose you, or did you choose me?"
(c) "Did I choose you, or did you choose each other?"
(d) "How did you know about Alice?"
2. Whom does Mrs. Olinski ask to write the instructions for the new "lesson" on the board?
3. What does Mr. Singh tell Mrs. Olinski it takes more courage to do?
(a) Be a pacifist.
(b) Be a leader.
(c) Be a driver.
(d) Be a passenger.
4. What does the narrator say the trophy was?
(a) A loving cup.
(b) A true treasure.
(c) A unity cup.
(d) A friendship cup.
5. Mrs. Olinski's reason for going to Sillington House in chapter 8 is half of an invitation from The Souls and half what?
(a) Half a promise to herself.
(b) Half worry that the team wouldn't be ready for the championship.
(c) Half a promise to Mrs. Laurencin.
(d) Half an invitation from Mr. Singh.
6. What is the mood at Sillington House in chapter 12?
(a) Everyone is sorry that the gorgeous autumn is over.
(b) Everyone is happy.
(c) Everyone is sorry that the finals are over.
(d) Everyone is happy that training is over.
7. How does Mrs. Olinski drink her tea?
(a) With cream and no sugar.
(b) No cream but with sugar.
(c) No cream and no sugar.
(d) With cream and sugar.
8. What does Mrs. Olinski think when she sees the place at the table The Souls have set for her?
(a) "A space with a view".
(b) "Guest of honor".
(c) "Handicapped parking".
(d) "VIPs only".
9. What does Julian do in the car on the way home from the state championship?
(a) He reads.
(b) He sleeps.
(c) He chats with his dad and Mrs. Olinski.
(d) He plays games.
10. What is Mr. Fairbain's first name?
11. Who said she knew all along that The Souls would beat the eighth grade?
(a) Mrs. Olinski.
(b) Mrs. Sharkey.
(c) Mrs. Laurencin.
(d) Ms. Masolino.
12. How does chapter 12 begin?
(a) The Souls and Mrs. Olinski have tea.
(b) The Souls greet Mrs. Olinski.
(c) Mrs. Olinski lets herself out of her van.
(d) Mr. Singh greets Mrs. Olinski.
13. What does Julian say "tip" was an acronym for?
(a) To Insure Promptness.
(b) Truly Important Present.
(c) Timely Important Polite.
(d) To Imitate Politeness.
14. Why does Dr. Rohmer say he won't pay for the gas and the bus drivers at the end of chapter 10?
(a) He doesn't think Epiphany is going to win.
(b) The school district doesn't have enough money.
(c) He refuses to charge admission to the Academic Bowl.
(d) There is no precedent for charging admission to an Academic Bowl.
15. How does Mrs. Olinski feel about Julian when he disappears before the play?
(a) She is proud of him.
(b) She is worried about him.
(c) She is annoyed with him.
(d) She admires him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the commissioner take away from Julian at the beginning of chapter 9?
2. Whom has Mrs. Olinski been considering as the fourth member of her team?
3. Which book is part of the correct answer to the match-point question?
4. How does Mrs. Olinski say her team seems to communicate?
5. When did Mr. Singh pass his first driving test?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)