|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Singh refer to when explaining that Julian is the necessary Soul?
(a) A monkey.
(b) A tree.
(c) An atom.
(d) A box.
2. Why does Mrs. Sharkey say she thinks there's a chance The Souls could beat the seventh grade?
(a) The seventh grade is mediocre at best.
(b) The seventh grade doesn't like to work hard.
(c) Mrs. Olinski has trained The Souls so well.
(d) The Souls are truly brilliant.
3. What does Mr. Singh say is now missing?
(a) Future victories.
(b) The bond that ties the friends together.
(c) A reason to see each other.
(d) All the time for training.
4. Which source does Mrs. Olinski NOT use in selecting questions for practice?
(a) A trivia game.
(b) Standard sixth grade questions.
(c) The news.
(d) Standard seventh grade questions.
5. What is the mood at Sillington House in chapter 12?
(a) Everyone is sorry that the finals are over.
(b) Everyone is happy.
(c) Everyone is sorry that the gorgeous autumn is over.
(d) Everyone is happy that training is over.
6. What does Julian say "tip" was an acronym for?
(a) Truly Important Present.
(b) To Imitate Politeness.
(c) Timely Important Polite.
(d) To Insure Promptness.
7. What is the first acronym that Maxwell suggests in chapter 9?
8. What word does Mrs. Olinski use to describe what Ham has done?
9. How does Julian react when the commissioner tells him he can't find a reference for "tip"?
(a) He thinks the commissioner has been against him all along.
(b) He says the commissioner should check another source.
(c) He thinks the sources are wrong.
(d) He accepts the fact that his answer was wrong.
10. What signal do the other sixth graders use to show The Souls their support?
(a) Left-eyed wink.
(b) Big smile.
(c) Thumbs up.
(d) High five.
11. Mrs. Olinski says the ruckus at the theater is not mischief, but what?
12. Why does Dr. Rohmer say he won't pay for the gas and the bus drivers at the end of chapter 10?
(a) He refuses to charge admission to the Academic Bowl.
(b) There is no precedent for charging admission to an Academic Bowl.
(c) The school district doesn't have enough money.
(d) He doesn't think Epiphany is going to win.
13. What does Ham Knapp do in chapter 6 to disrupt Mrs. Olinski's class?
(a) He slides off his chair.
(b) He yells out.
(c) He passes notes.
(d) He belches.
14. How does chapter 12 begin?
(a) The Souls and Mrs. Olinski have tea.
(b) Mrs. Olinski lets herself out of her van.
(c) Mr. Singh greets Mrs. Olinski.
(d) The Souls greet Mrs. Olinski.
15. What is the first thing Mrs. Olinski says to Mr. Singh on the way home?
(a) "Win some, lose some."
(b) "What a loss for Maxwell."
(c) "Everything is complete now."
(d) "What a wonderful victory."
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Michael Froehlich and his friends pin on their shirts when Epiphany wins the district championship?
2. What does Mrs. Olinski say Julian makes each mile a journey of?
3. Whose name did Mr. Fairbain mispronounce during the previous year's championship?
4. What sign does Nadia give Mrs. Olinski after Ham and Jared return to their seats in chapter 6?
5. What does Mrs. Olinski think when she sees the place at the table The Souls have set for her?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)