|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the state championship going to be held?
(b) Seneca Falls.
2. Why does Dr. Rohmer say he won't pay for the gas and the bus drivers at the end of chapter 10?
(a) He doesn't think Epiphany is going to win.
(b) He refuses to charge admission to the Academic Bowl.
(c) The school district doesn't have enough money.
(d) There is no precedent for charging admission to an Academic Bowl.
3. How do the other teachers choose their Academic Bowl teams?
(a) By holding mini-contests in their classes and choosing the winners of those.
(b) By picking the top students from the honor roll.
(c) By picking the students with the highest GPAs.
(d) By picking the students they like best.
4. What does Mrs. Olinski say Julian makes each mile a journey of?
(a) Mile markers.
(d) Quarter inches.
5. What does Mr. Singh say Julian found?
(c) A place to belong to.
(d) A permanent home.
6. How does Mrs. Olinski drink her tea?
(a) With cream and sugar.
(b) With cream and no sugar.
(c) No cream and no sugar.
(d) No cream but with sugar.
7. How many regions are there in the state of New York?
8. How does Mrs. Olinski say her team seems to communicate?
(a) Just by looking at each other.
(b) Through a secret series of signs.
(c) Through ESP.
(d) Through a secret stealth language.
9. Which part of Holly Blackwell's question does Nadia take issue with?
10. Who is Mr. LeDue?
(a) The Knightsbridge principal.
(b) The deputy superintendent.
(c) The Knightsbridge Academic Bowl coach.
(d) The district superintendent.
11. How does the commissioner respond to Maxwell's answer to the match-point question?
(a) He says "No" before they can finish responding.
(b) He hesitates before saying "No".
(c) He waits for the panel of experts to give its ruling.
(d) He hesitates before saying "Yes".
12. Why do The Souls refuse to practice on Saturday?
(a) They will be busy having tea.
(b) They don't want to spend their weekend practicing.
(c) They will be busy working on a project.
(d) One of The Souls is Jewish and another is half-Jewish.
13. When did Mr. Singh pass his first driving test?
(a) As a child.
(b) As an older man.
(c) As a grown man.
(d) As a teenager.
14. What do Michael Froehlich and his friends pin on their shirts when Epiphany wins the district championship?
(a) A piece of wire.
(b) A ribbon.
(c) A piece of rope.
(d) A sign that reads: "Epiphany's the best!"
15. What is the mood at Sillington House in chapter 12?
(a) Everyone is sorry that the gorgeous autumn is over.
(b) Everyone is sorry that the finals are over.
(c) Everyone is happy.
(d) Everyone is happy that training is over.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Singh refer to when explaining that Julian is the necessary Soul?
2. What does Mrs. Olinski ask The Souls in chapter 12?
3. How can Mrs. Diamonstein tell Ethan has grown when she sees him?
4. What does the narrator say the audience's smiles are when the commissioner makes the adjustment in chapter 9?
5. Which member of the Epiphany team answers the final question?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)