|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of chapter 7, which team does the narrator claim would worry about Julian's defiance of the commissioner?
(a) Any other team in New York.
(b) Any other team in Epiphany.
(c) Any other team in the district.
(d) Any other team on spaceship Earth.
2. How many regions are there in the state of New York?
3. Why does Mrs. Sharkey say she thinks there's a chance The Souls could beat the seventh grade?
(a) The Souls are truly brilliant.
(b) The seventh grade is mediocre at best.
(c) Mrs. Olinski has trained The Souls so well.
(d) The seventh grade doesn't like to work hard.
4. What does the commissioner take away from Julian at the beginning of chapter 9?
(a) His place in the next Academic Bowl.
(b) The two points he'd earned for the word "posh".
(c) His nametag.
(d) His microphone.
5. What does Mr. Singh do after Mrs. Olinski has entered the dining room?
(a) He serves a meal.
(b) He opens the window.
(c) He sets her place.
(d) He pours tea.
6. What does Mrs. Olinski tell the principal one must risk when defending her way of choosing her team?
(a) Hurting peoples' feelings.
(b) Making a fool of oneself.
(c) Doing what's unpopular.
(d) Making people angry.
7. How can Mrs. Diamonstein tell Ethan has grown when she sees him?
(a) His shoes are too small.
(b) His pants are too short.
(c) His jacket sleeves are too short.
(d) He is now taller than she is.
8. What does Mrs. Olinski think Mr. Singh's voice sounds like?
(a) A birdcall.
(b) A dream.
(c) A trumpet.
(d) A song.
9. What two countries does Julian explain are connected with the origin of the word "posh"?
(a) Britain and the United States.
(b) India and the United States.
(c) Britain and India.
(d) Britain and Pakistan.
10. Who comes out of Sillington House to greet Mrs. Olinski when she arrives?
(a) Mr. Singh.
11. Mrs. Olinski says the ruckus at the theater is not mischief, but what?
12. What does Mrs. Olinski say about Julian's intelligence in chapter 5?
(a) He's too intelligent for the other team members.
(b) He's not as intelligent as the other team members.
(c) His accent makes him seem less intelligent than he is.
(d) His accent makes him seem smart.
13. What source(s) does the advisory panel consult when checking Julian's answer?
(a) A computer.
(b) An expert and a computer.
(c) A computer and large books.
(d) Large books.
14. How do the other teachers choose their Academic Bowl teams?
(a) By holding mini-contests in their classes and choosing the winners of those.
(b) By picking the students with the highest GPAs.
(c) By picking the top students from the honor roll.
(d) By picking the students they like best.
15. Which fictional character is featured in the match-point question at the Academic Bowl?
(a) The Cheshire Cat.
(b) Little Bo Peep.
(c) Humpty Dumpty.
(d) Mother Goose.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Julian react when the commissioner tells him he can't find a reference for "tip"?
2. Which member of the Epiphany team answers the final question?
3. Where does the author mentioned in the follow-up question teach?
4. Who is Holly Blackwell?
5. Which of the following leaders is NOT mentioned in the question about the major accomplishments of Native American leaders?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)