|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the commissioner do after Maxwell's response to the match-point question before moving on?
(a) He thanks the panel of experts.
(b) He clears his throat.
(c) He adjusts his glasses.
(d) He makes a note on the question card.
2. What does Mrs. Olinski ask The Souls in chapter 12?
(a) "What brought you all together?"
(b) "Did I choose you, or did you choose each other?"
(c) "How did you know about Alice?"
(d) "Did I choose you, or did you choose me?"
3. What does the commissioner take away from Julian at the beginning of chapter 9?
(a) His place in the next Academic Bowl.
(b) The two points he'd earned for the word "posh".
(c) His microphone.
(d) His nametag.
4. Which source does Mrs. Olinski NOT use in selecting questions for practice?
(a) Standard seventh grade questions.
(b) Standard sixth grade questions.
(c) A trivia game.
(d) The news.
5. What word could be used to describe the food Mrs. Olinski eats while at Sillington House?
6. How do the other teachers choose their Academic Bowl teams?
(a) By picking the top students from the honor roll.
(b) By picking the students with the highest GPAs.
(c) By picking the students they like best.
(d) By holding mini-contests in their classes and choosing the winners of those.
7. Who is waiting for Mrs. Olinski in chapter 12?
(a) Mr. Singh.
(b) The Souls.
(c) Margy Diamondstein.
(d) Dr. Rohmer.
8. What is the first reason Mrs. Olinski begins to listen to what Margy and Izzy are saying while drinking tea?
9. Which book is part of the correct answer to the match-point question?
(a) "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe".
(b) "Through the Looking Glass".
(c) "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland".
(d) "Mother Goose's Nursery Rhymes".
10. What does Mr. Singh do after Mrs. Olinski has entered the dining room?
(a) He opens the window.
(b) He serves a meal.
(c) He sets her place.
(d) He pours tea.
11. What signal do the other sixth graders use to show The Souls their support?
(a) Big smile.
(b) High five.
(c) Left-eyed wink.
(d) Thumbs up.
12. Whom does Mrs. Olinski ask to write the instructions for the new "lesson" on the board?
13. What does the narrator say the audience's smiles are when the commissioner makes the adjustment in chapter 9?
14. What word does Mrs. Olinski compare Mrs. Diamondstein's jogging suit to?
15. How does Mrs. Olinski feel while eating during tea in chapter 8?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Olinski feel about Julian when he disappears before the play?
2. How does Mrs. Olinski drink her tea?
3. What color is Mrs. Diamondstein's jogging suit when Mrs. Olinski comes to the Sillington House to visit?
4. Whom does Holly Blackwell tell her colleague to focus on?
5. What answer do The Souls shout out before Mrs. Olinski is finished asking the question about Martin Luther?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)