|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Olinski feel about Julian when he disappears before the play?
(a) She is proud of him.
(b) She is annoyed with him.
(c) She admires him.
(d) She is worried about him.
2. What is the first acronym that Maxwell suggests in chapter 9?
3. How does the commissioner respond to Maxwell's answer to the match-point question?
(a) He waits for the panel of experts to give its ruling.
(b) He hesitates before saying "Yes".
(c) He says "No" before they can finish responding.
(d) He hesitates before saying "No".
4. How do the other teachers choose their Academic Bowl teams?
(a) By holding mini-contests in their classes and choosing the winners of those.
(b) By picking the students they like best.
(c) By picking the top students from the honor roll.
(d) By picking the students with the highest GPAs.
5. Which quiz category do The Souls and Mrs. Olinski debate when getting ready to practice at the end of chapter 8?
(b) The Bible.
6. What does the commissioner take away from Julian at the beginning of chapter 9?
(a) His place in the next Academic Bowl.
(b) The two points he'd earned for the word "posh".
(c) His nametag.
(d) His microphone.
7. Who is Holly Blackwell?
(a) A magazine editor.
(b) A newspaper reporter.
(c) A radio hostess.
(d) A TV anchorwoman.
8. What do Michael Froehlich and his friends pin on their shirts when Epiphany wins the district championship?
(a) A sign that reads: "Epiphany's the best!"
(b) A piece of wire.
(c) A piece of rope.
(d) A ribbon.
9. What word does Mrs. Olinski use to describe what Ham has done?
10. Which fictional character is featured in the match-point question at the Academic Bowl?
(a) Little Bo Peep.
(b) The Cheshire Cat.
(c) Humpty Dumpty.
(d) Mother Goose.
11. What is one of Mr. Singh's "specialties"?
(b) Weights and measures.
(c) Advanced math.
(d) Making people feel at ease.
12. Mrs. Olinski says the ruckus at the theater is not mischief, but what?
13. What does the narrator say the trophy was?
(a) A loving cup.
(b) A friendship cup.
(c) A true treasure.
(d) A unity cup.
14. What does the narrator say the audience's smiles are when the commissioner makes the adjustment in chapter 9?
15. What does Mrs. Olinski say Julian makes each mile a journey of?
(a) Quarter inches.
(d) Mile markers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What answer do The Souls shout out before Mrs. Olinski is finished asking the question about Martin Luther?
2. What does Mr. Singh say is now missing?
3. What does Mrs. Olinski ask The Souls in chapter 12?
4. Who is Mr. LeDue?
5. What is the first thing Mrs. Olinski says to Mr. Singh on the way home?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)