|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What source(s) does the advisory panel consult when checking Julian's answer?
(a) An expert and a computer.
(b) Large books.
(c) A computer.
(d) A computer and large books.
2. Who is waiting for Mrs. Olinski in chapter 12?
(a) Margy Diamondstein.
(b) Mr. Singh.
(c) The Souls.
(d) Dr. Rohmer.
3. Which quiz category do The Souls and Mrs. Olinski debate when getting ready to practice at the end of chapter 8?
(d) The Bible.
4. What is Mr. Fairbain's first name?
5. Whom does Mrs. Olinski ask to write the instructions for the new "lesson" on the board?
6. Which book is part of the correct answer to the match-point question?
(a) "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe".
(b) "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland".
(c) "Mother Goose's Nursery Rhymes".
(d) "Through the Looking Glass".
7. Which member of the Epiphany team answers the final question?
8. Who is Mr. LeDue?
(a) The Knightsbridge principal.
(b) The deputy superintendent.
(c) The district superintendent.
(d) The Knightsbridge Academic Bowl coach.
9. Which part of Holly Blackwell's question does Nadia take issue with?
10. Which of the following does the narrator NOT mention as something that might cause Mr. Fairbain to embarrass himself?
(a) The name of the former Soviet Socialist Republic.
(b) A word with more vowels than consonants.
(c) The names of the ministers of Japan or Zaire.
(d) The capitals of far-away countries.
11. Who said she knew all along that The Souls would beat the eighth grade?
(a) Mrs. Olinski.
(b) Mrs. Laurencin.
(c) Mrs. Sharkey.
(d) Ms. Masolino.
12. What is the first reason Mrs. Olinski begins to listen to what Margy and Izzy are saying while drinking tea?
13. What color is Mrs. Diamondstein's jogging suit when Mrs. Olinski comes to the Sillington House to visit?
(d) Shocking pink.
14. Where is the state championship going to be held?
(a) Seneca Falls.
15. What word could be used to describe the food Mrs. Olinski eats while at Sillington House?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Holly Blackwell?
2. Why does Mrs. Sharkey say she thinks there's a chance The Souls could beat the seventh grade?
3. Whom does Mr. Fairbain want to get help from?
4. How can Mrs. Diamonstein tell Ethan has grown when she sees him?
5. What is the second acronym that Maxwell suggests in chapter 9?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)