|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of chapter 7, which team does the narrator claim would worry about Julian's defiance of the commissioner?
(a) Any other team in Epiphany.
(b) Any other team on spaceship Earth.
(c) Any other team in the district.
(d) Any other team in New York.
2. What does the commissioner take away from Julian at the beginning of chapter 9?
(a) The two points he'd earned for the word "posh".
(b) His microphone.
(c) His place in the next Academic Bowl.
(d) His nametag.
3. What does Mr. Singh refer to when explaining that Julian is the necessary Soul?
(a) A monkey.
(b) A box.
(c) A tree.
(d) An atom.
4. What does Mrs. Olinski know when she arrives at Sillington House in chapter 12?
(a) She knows that friendship is important.
(b) She knows that Mr. Singh knows that she knows.
(c) She knows that Margy is proud of her.
(d) She knows that The Souls know that she knows.
5. What does Mrs. Olinski ask The Souls in chapter 12?
(a) "What brought you all together?"
(b) "How did you know about Alice?"
(c) "Did I choose you, or did you choose me?"
(d) "Did I choose you, or did you choose each other?"
6. Who is Mr. LeDue?
(a) The district superintendent.
(b) The Knightsbridge Academic Bowl coach.
(c) The Knightsbridge principal.
(d) The deputy superintendent.
7. How does Mrs. Olinski feel while eating during tea in chapter 8?
8. How does Mrs. Olinski feel about Julian when he disappears before the play?
(a) She is proud of him.
(b) She is annoyed with him.
(c) She admires him.
(d) She is worried about him.
9. What arrangement does Mrs. Olinski make with the principal in regards to practicing for the regional championship?
(a) She arranges to have the school left open at night.
(b) She arranges to have the school opened on Sunday.
(c) She arranges to have the school opened on Saturday.
(d) She arranges to have the school opened early in the morning.
10. What does Mrs. Olinski think when she sees the place at the table The Souls have set for her?
(a) "VIPs only".
(b) "Guest of honor".
(c) "Handicapped parking".
(d) "A space with a view".
11. What is Mr. Fairbain's first name?
12. Why does Mrs. Sharkey say she thinks there's a chance The Souls could beat the seventh grade?
(a) The Souls are truly brilliant.
(b) The seventh grade doesn't like to work hard.
(c) Mrs. Olinski has trained The Souls so well.
(d) The seventh grade is mediocre at best.
13. What does Mr. Singh say is now missing?
(a) Future victories.
(b) A reason to see each other.
(c) The bond that ties the friends together.
(d) All the time for training.
14. What is the first acronym that Maxwell suggests in chapter 9?
15. Whom does Holly Blackwell tell her colleague to focus on?
(a) Dr. Rohmer.
(b) Mrs. Olinski.
(c) Dr. Fairbain.
(d) Mr. LeDue.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is waiting for Mrs. Olinski in chapter 12?
2. What sign does Nadia give Mrs. Olinski after Ham and Jared return to their seats in chapter 6?
3. Whom has Mrs. Olinski been considering as the fourth member of her team?
4. What does Julian say "tip" was an acronym for?
5. Mrs. Olinski says the ruckus at the theater is not mischief, but what?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)