|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first reason Mrs. Olinski begins to listen to what Margy and Izzy are saying while drinking tea?
2. Why does Mrs. Sharkey say she thinks there's a chance The Souls could beat the seventh grade?
(a) The seventh grade is mediocre at best.
(b) The Souls are truly brilliant.
(c) The seventh grade doesn't like to work hard.
(d) Mrs. Olinski has trained The Souls so well.
3. What does Mr. Singh tell Mrs. Olinski it takes more courage to do?
(a) Be a passenger.
(b) Be a driver.
(c) Be a leader.
(d) Be a pacifist.
4. What does Mrs. Olinski tell the principal one must risk when defending her way of choosing her team?
(a) Hurting peoples' feelings.
(b) Making a fool of oneself.
(c) Making people angry.
(d) Doing what's unpopular.
5. What answer do The Souls shout out before Mrs. Olinski is finished asking the question about Martin Luther?
(a) "The Ninety-five Theses."
(b) "The Bible."
(c) "The Catholic Church."
(d) "The Reformation."
6. Whose name did Mr. Fairbain mispronounce during the previous year's championship?
(a) Michael Jackson's.
(b) Pope John Paul II's.
(c) Nelson Mandela's.
(d) Queen Elizabeth's.
7. When is the deadline for choosing an Academic Bowl team?
(a) Just after Thanksgiving.
(b) Just before Thanksgiving.
(c) Just after the winter break.
(d) Just before the winter break.
8. Whom does Mr. Fairbain want to get help from?
(a) A psychologist.
(b) A speech therapist.
(c) An English teacher.
(d) A reading teacher.
9. What does Bella Dubinsky's T-shirt design for The Souls feature?
(a) A picture of Sillington House.
(b) A noose.
(c) A ghost.
(d) A penny.
10. Who comes out of Sillington House to greet Mrs. Olinski when she arrives?
(c) Mr. Singh.
11. What does Julian say "tip" was an acronym for?
(a) Truly Important Present.
(b) Timely Important Polite.
(c) To Insure Promptness.
(d) To Imitate Politeness.
12. What word does Mrs. Olinski use to describe what Ham has done?
13. How can Mrs. Diamonstein tell Ethan has grown when she sees him?
(a) His jacket sleeves are too short.
(b) His pants are too short.
(c) He is now taller than she is.
(d) His shoes are too small.
14. What two countries does Julian explain are connected with the origin of the word "posh"?
(a) Britain and Pakistan.
(b) Britain and the United States.
(c) Britain and India.
(d) India and the United States.
15. Why doesn't the commissioner disqualify The Souls in chapter 7?
(a) He wants to give them one more chance.
(b) He is speechless.
(c) He thinks Julian is smarter than anyone else his age.
(d) He thinks The Souls deserve to win.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julian do in the car on the way home from the state championship?
2. What color is Mrs. Diamondstein's jogging suit when Mrs. Olinski comes to the Sillington House to visit?
3. What does Mr. Singh do after Mrs. Olinski has entered the dining room?
4. How does Julian react when the commissioner tells him he can't find a reference for "tip"?
5. Who is Holly Blackwell?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)