|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Fairbain's first name?
2. What is the first acronym that Maxwell suggests in chapter 9?
3. What does Mrs. Olinski think Mr. Singh's voice sounds like?
(a) A dream.
(b) A birdcall.
(c) A song.
(d) A trumpet.
4. Why do The Souls refuse to practice on Saturday?
(a) They will be busy working on a project.
(b) One of The Souls is Jewish and another is half-Jewish.
(c) They will be busy having tea.
(d) They don't want to spend their weekend practicing.
5. What does Julian do in the car on the way home from the state championship?
(a) He plays games.
(b) He sleeps.
(c) He chats with his dad and Mrs. Olinski.
(d) He reads.
6. How does Mrs. Olinski drink her tea?
(a) No cream but with sugar.
(b) With cream and no sugar.
(c) No cream and no sugar.
(d) With cream and sugar.
7. What does Mr. Singh say is now missing?
(a) Future victories.
(b) All the time for training.
(c) The bond that ties the friends together.
(d) A reason to see each other.
8. When is the deadline for choosing an Academic Bowl team?
(a) Just before the winter break.
(b) Just after the winter break.
(c) Just after Thanksgiving.
(d) Just before Thanksgiving.
9. What does the commissioner do after Maxwell's response to the match-point question before moving on?
(a) He makes a note on the question card.
(b) He adjusts his glasses.
(c) He thanks the panel of experts.
(d) He clears his throat.
10. Who is waiting for Mrs. Olinski in chapter 12?
(a) Mr. Singh.
(b) Margy Diamondstein.
(c) The Souls.
(d) Dr. Rohmer.
11. What arrangement does Mrs. Olinski make with the principal in regards to practicing for the regional championship?
(a) She arranges to have the school left open at night.
(b) She arranges to have the school opened on Sunday.
(c) She arranges to have the school opened on Saturday.
(d) She arranges to have the school opened early in the morning.
12. What does Mr. Singh do after Mrs. Olinski has entered the dining room?
(a) He pours tea.
(b) He sets her place.
(c) He serves a meal.
(d) He opens the window.
13. Which member of the Epiphany team answers the final question?
14. How does chapter 12 begin?
(a) Mr. Singh greets Mrs. Olinski.
(b) The Souls greet Mrs. Olinski.
(c) Mrs. Olinski lets herself out of her van.
(d) The Souls and Mrs. Olinski have tea.
15. What source(s) does the advisory panel consult when checking Julian's answer?
(a) Large books.
(b) An expert and a computer.
(c) A computer and large books.
(d) A computer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Olinski feel about Julian when he disappears before the play?
2. What word does Mrs. Olinski use to describe what Ham has done?
3. What does Julian say "tip" was an acronym for?
4. What does Julian say the people in the pubs do with the boxes on the bars?
5. What sign does Nadia give Mrs. Olinski after Ham and Jared return to their seats in chapter 6?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)