|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Olinski think when she sees the place at the table The Souls have set for her?
(a) "Handicapped parking".
(b) "VIPs only".
(c) "Guest of honor".
(d) "A space with a view".
2. What is the first thing Mrs. Olinski says to Mr. Singh on the way home?
(a) "Everything is complete now."
(b) "What a wonderful victory."
(c) "Win some, lose some."
(d) "What a loss for Maxwell."
3. What does Julian say the people in the pubs do with the boxes on the bars?
(a) They pick notes out of them.
(b) They take coins out of them.
(c) They drop coins in them.
(d) They put notes in them.
4. Where is the state championship going to be held?
(d) Seneca Falls.
5. Why do The Souls refuse to practice on Saturday?
(a) One of The Souls is Jewish and another is half-Jewish.
(b) They will be busy having tea.
(c) They don't want to spend their weekend practicing.
(d) They will be busy working on a project.
6. What does Mrs. Olinski say Julian makes each mile a journey of?
(b) Quarter inches.
(c) Mile markers.
7. What does Mr. Singh say is now missing?
(a) The bond that ties the friends together.
(b) All the time for training.
(c) A reason to see each other.
(d) Future victories.
8. What does Mrs. Olinski think Mr. Singh's voice sounds like?
(a) A trumpet.
(b) A song.
(c) A birdcall.
(d) A dream.
9. What does Mr. Singh do after Mrs. Olinski has entered the dining room?
(a) He sets her place.
(b) He opens the window.
(c) He pours tea.
(d) He serves a meal.
10. What does Bella Dubinsky's T-shirt design for The Souls feature?
(a) A picture of Sillington House.
(b) A penny.
(c) A noose.
(d) A ghost.
11. Why does Mrs. Sharkey say she thinks there's a chance The Souls could beat the seventh grade?
(a) The seventh grade is mediocre at best.
(b) The seventh grade doesn't like to work hard.
(c) The Souls are truly brilliant.
(d) Mrs. Olinski has trained The Souls so well.
12. What sign does Nadia give Mrs. Olinski after Ham and Jared return to their seats in chapter 6?
(a) She raises her left hand.
(b) She sticks out her right leg.
(c) She raises her right hand.
(d) She sticks out her left leg.
13. What does Mr. Singh say Julian found?
(c) A permanent home.
(d) A place to belong to.
14. How does Mrs. Olinski feel about Julian when he disappears before the play?
(a) She admires him.
(b) She is worried about him.
(c) She is annoyed with him.
(d) She is proud of him.
15. Whom has Mrs. Olinski been considering as the fourth member of her team?
(a) Julian Singh.
(b) Jared Lord.
(c) Hamilton Knapp.
(d) Michael Froehlich.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does the narrator NOT mention as something that might cause Mr. Fairbain to embarrass himself?
2. What does Mr. Singh compliment Mrs. Olinski on as they are driving to the final championship?
3. Who said she knew all along that The Souls would beat the eighth grade?
4. Which member of the Epiphany team answers the final question?
5. How does the commissioner respond to Maxwell's answer to the match-point question?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)