|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How can Mrs. Diamonstein tell Ethan has grown when she sees him?
(a) His pants are too short.
(b) His shoes are too small.
(c) He is now taller than she is.
(d) His jacket sleeves are too short.
2. How does the commissioner respond to Maxwell's answer to the match-point question?
(a) He says "No" before they can finish responding.
(b) He waits for the panel of experts to give its ruling.
(c) He hesitates before saying "Yes".
(d) He hesitates before saying "No".
3. Whose name did Mr. Fairbain mispronounce during the previous year's championship?
(a) Queen Elizabeth's.
(b) Nelson Mandela's.
(c) Pope John Paul II's.
(d) Michael Jackson's.
4. What word does Mrs. Olinski use to describe what Ham has done?
5. What does Mr. Singh do after Mrs. Olinski has entered the dining room?
(a) He sets her place.
(b) He serves a meal.
(c) He pours tea.
(d) He opens the window.
6. Why doesn't the commissioner disqualify The Souls in chapter 7?
(a) He wants to give them one more chance.
(b) He thinks Julian is smarter than anyone else his age.
(c) He thinks The Souls deserve to win.
(d) He is speechless.
7. What color is Mrs. Diamondstein's jogging suit when Mrs. Olinski comes to the Sillington House to visit?
(b) Shocking pink.
8. What does Julian do in the car on the way home from the state championship?
(a) He chats with his dad and Mrs. Olinski.
(b) He sleeps.
(c) He reads.
(d) He plays games.
9. Which quiz category do The Souls and Mrs. Olinski debate when getting ready to practice at the end of chapter 8?
(c) The Bible.
10. When did Mr. Singh pass his first driving test?
(a) As a grown man.
(b) As a child.
(c) As an older man.
(d) As a teenager.
11. Which member of the Epiphany team answers the final question?
12. Who said she knew all along that The Souls would beat the eighth grade?
(a) Mrs. Olinski.
(b) Mrs. Sharkey.
(c) Mrs. Laurencin.
(d) Ms. Masolino.
13. What does Mrs. Olinski ask The Souls in chapter 12?
(a) "How did you know about Alice?"
(b) "What brought you all together?"
(c) "Did I choose you, or did you choose me?"
(d) "Did I choose you, or did you choose each other?"
14. What does Mrs. Olinski compare the ink on the quiz cards to?
(b) A raven.
(c) Hecate's soul.
15. What does Bella Dubinsky's T-shirt design for The Souls feature?
(a) A picture of Sillington House.
(b) A penny.
(c) A ghost.
(d) A noose.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say the trophy was?
2. What does Mrs. Olinski know when she arrives at Sillington House in chapter 12?
3. What does the commissioner take away from Julian at the beginning of chapter 9?
4. What arrangement does Mrs. Olinski make with the principal in regards to practicing for the regional championship?
5. How does Julian react when the commissioner tells him he can't find a reference for "tip"?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)