|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does chapter 12 begin?
(a) The Souls greet Mrs. Olinski.
(b) The Souls and Mrs. Olinski have tea.
(c) Mrs. Olinski lets herself out of her van.
(d) Mr. Singh greets Mrs. Olinski.
2. Which part of Holly Blackwell's question does Nadia take issue with?
3. What does Mrs. Olinski ask The Souls in chapter 12?
(a) "Did I choose you, or did you choose each other?"
(b) "Did I choose you, or did you choose me?"
(c) "What brought you all together?"
(d) "How did you know about Alice?"
4. How many regions are there in the state of New York?
5. What is one of Mr. Singh's "specialties"?
(a) Advanced math.
(b) Weights and measures.
(c) Making people feel at ease.
6. Why does Dr. Rohmer say he won't pay for the gas and the bus drivers at the end of chapter 10?
(a) He doesn't think Epiphany is going to win.
(b) He refuses to charge admission to the Academic Bowl.
(c) The school district doesn't have enough money.
(d) There is no precedent for charging admission to an Academic Bowl.
7. What does Mr. Singh tell Mrs. Olinski it takes more courage to do?
(a) Be a pacifist.
(b) Be a leader.
(c) Be a passenger.
(d) Be a driver.
8. What answer do The Souls shout out before Mrs. Olinski is finished asking the question about Martin Luther?
(a) "The Bible."
(b) "The Ninety-five Theses."
(c) "The Reformation."
(d) "The Catholic Church."
9. At the beginning of chapter 7, which team does the narrator claim would worry about Julian's defiance of the commissioner?
(a) Any other team in New York.
(b) Any other team in Epiphany.
(c) Any other team in the district.
(d) Any other team on spaceship Earth.
10. What sign does Nadia give Mrs. Olinski after Ham and Jared return to their seats in chapter 6?
(a) She sticks out her right leg.
(b) She sticks out her left leg.
(c) She raises her left hand.
(d) She raises her right hand.
11. What does Mrs. Olinski do after returning home from the state championship?
(a) She writes in her diary.
(b) She makes herself a cup of tea.
(c) She looks at her copies of "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland" and "Through the Looking Glass."
(d) She looks at her pictures form the Academic Bowl.
12. What does Mr. Singh say is now missing?
(a) The bond that ties the friends together.
(b) Future victories.
(c) All the time for training.
(d) A reason to see each other.
13. Whom does Holly Blackwell tell her colleague to focus on?
(a) Dr. Rohmer.
(b) Mrs. Olinski.
(c) Mr. LeDue.
(d) Dr. Fairbain.
14. How can Mrs. Diamonstein tell Ethan has grown when she sees him?
(a) His jacket sleeves are too short.
(b) He is now taller than she is.
(c) His shoes are too small.
(d) His pants are too short.
15. Mrs. Olinski's reason for going to Sillington House in chapter 8 is half of an invitation from The Souls and half what?
(a) Half a promise to herself.
(b) Half a promise to Mrs. Laurencin.
(c) Half worry that the team wouldn't be ready for the championship.
(d) Half an invitation from Mr. Singh.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Olinski feel about Julian when he disappears before the play?
2. Which quiz category do The Souls and Mrs. Olinski debate when getting ready to practice at the end of chapter 8?
3. What does Julian do in the car on the way home from the state championship?
4. What does Mrs. Olinski say she found at Sillington House?
5. What does Mr. Singh compliment Mrs. Olinski on as they are driving to the final championship?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)