Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Mr. Fairbain want to get help from?
(a) An English teacher.
(b) A psychologist.
(c) A speech therapist.
(d) A reading teacher.
2. What two countries does Julian explain are connected with the origin of the word "posh"?
(a) Britain and India.
(b) Britain and the United States.
(c) Britain and Pakistan.
(d) India and the United States.
3. What is the first thing Mrs. Olinski says to Mr. Singh on the way home?
(a) "Everything is complete now."
(b) "Win some, lose some."
(c) "What a loss for Maxwell."
(d) "What a wonderful victory."
4. How does Mrs. Olinski feel about Julian when he disappears before the play?
(a) She is annoyed with him.
(b) She is worried about him.
(c) She admires him.
(d) She is proud of him.
5. What does Mr. Singh say Julian found?
(b) A place to belong to.
(d) A permanent home.
6. Where does the author mentioned in the follow-up question teach?
(a) Oxford University.
(b) New York University.
(c) Epiphany Middle School.
(d) Cambridge University.
7. Which of the following does the narrator NOT mention as something that might cause Mr. Fairbain to embarrass himself?
(a) A word with more vowels than consonants.
(b) The capitals of far-away countries.
(c) The name of the former Soviet Socialist Republic.
(d) The names of the ministers of Japan or Zaire.
8. Who comes out of Sillington House to greet Mrs. Olinski when she arrives?
(a) Mr. Singh.
9. What does Mrs. Olinski think Mr. Singh's voice sounds like?
(a) A trumpet.
(b) A song.
(c) A dream.
(d) A birdcall.
10. What word does Mrs. Olinski use to describe what Ham has done?
11. What does Mrs. Olinski think when she sees the place at the table The Souls have set for her?
(a) "Guest of honor".
(b) "Handicapped parking".
(c) "A space with a view".
(d) "VIPs only".
12. What word does Mrs. Olinski compare Mrs. Diamondstein's jogging suit to?
13. What does Bella Dubinsky's T-shirt design for The Souls feature?
(a) A noose.
(b) A ghost.
(c) A picture of Sillington House.
(d) A penny.
14. At the beginning of chapter 7, which team does the narrator claim would worry about Julian's defiance of the commissioner?
(a) Any other team in Epiphany.
(b) Any other team in New York.
(c) Any other team on spaceship Earth.
(d) Any other team in the district.
15. When did Mr. Singh pass his first driving test?
(a) As a child.
(b) As a teenager.
(c) As an older man.
(d) As a grown man.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Olinski feel while eating during tea in chapter 8?
2. What does Mr. Singh refer to when explaining that Julian is the necessary Soul?
3. Why do The Souls refuse to practice on Saturday?
4. Who is waiting for Mrs. Olinski in chapter 12?
5. Whom has Mrs. Olinski been considering as the fourth member of her team?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)