|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Singh tell Mrs. Olinski it takes more courage to do?
(a) Be a pacifist.
(b) Be a leader.
(c) Be a passenger.
(d) Be a driver.
2. Whose name did Mr. Fairbain mispronounce during the previous year's championship?
(a) Michael Jackson's.
(b) Pope John Paul II's.
(c) Nelson Mandela's.
(d) Queen Elizabeth's.
3. How does Mrs. Olinski drink her tea?
(a) No cream but with sugar.
(b) No cream and no sugar.
(c) With cream and no sugar.
(d) With cream and sugar.
4. What does Bella Dubinsky's T-shirt design for The Souls feature?
(a) A ghost.
(b) A picture of Sillington House.
(c) A penny.
(d) A noose.
5. Whom does Holly Blackwell tell her colleague to focus on?
(a) Dr. Fairbain.
(b) Mr. LeDue.
(c) Mrs. Olinski.
(d) Dr. Rohmer.
6. What does Mrs. Olinski think Mr. Singh's voice sounds like?
(a) A trumpet.
(b) A dream.
(c) A birdcall.
(d) A song.
7. What answer do The Souls shout out before Mrs. Olinski is finished asking the question about Martin Luther?
(a) "The Reformation."
(b) "The Bible."
(c) "The Catholic Church."
(d) "The Ninety-five Theses."
8. What does Julian say "tip" was an acronym for?
(a) To Imitate Politeness.
(b) Truly Important Present.
(c) Timely Important Polite.
(d) To Insure Promptness.
9. What word does Mrs. Olinski use to describe what Ham has done?
10. What word could be used to describe the food Mrs. Olinski eats while at Sillington House?
11. Where does the author mentioned in the follow-up question teach?
(a) New York University.
(b) Cambridge University.
(c) Epiphany Middle School.
(d) Oxford University.
12. What does Mr. Singh say Julian found?
(a) A place to belong to.
(b) A permanent home.
13. What does Mr. Singh refer to when explaining that Julian is the necessary Soul?
(a) A box.
(b) A monkey.
(c) An atom.
(d) A tree.
14. How does the commissioner respond to Maxwell's answer to the match-point question?
(a) He hesitates before saying "No".
(b) He waits for the panel of experts to give its ruling.
(c) He hesitates before saying "Yes".
(d) He says "No" before they can finish responding.
15. Whom does Mr. Fairbain want to get help from?
(a) A speech therapist.
(b) An English teacher.
(c) A reading teacher.
(d) A psychologist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which quiz category do The Souls and Mrs. Olinski debate when getting ready to practice at the end of chapter 8?
2. Why do The Souls refuse to practice on Saturday?
3. Which part of Holly Blackwell's question does Nadia take issue with?
4. What does Mrs. Olinski say Julian makes each mile a journey of?
5. What is the first thing Mrs. Olinski says to Mr. Singh on the way home?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)