|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the commissioner take away from Julian at the beginning of chapter 9?
(a) His microphone.
(b) His nametag.
(c) His place in the next Academic Bowl.
(d) The two points he'd earned for the word "posh".
2. How does Mrs. Olinski drink her tea?
(a) With cream and sugar.
(b) No cream but with sugar.
(c) No cream and no sugar.
(d) With cream and no sugar.
3. What source(s) does the advisory panel consult when checking Julian's answer?
(a) Large books.
(b) An expert and a computer.
(c) A computer.
(d) A computer and large books.
4. What does Mr. Singh say Julian found?
(b) A permanent home.
(d) A place to belong to.
5. Which quiz category do The Souls and Mrs. Olinski debate when getting ready to practice at the end of chapter 8?
(d) The Bible.
6. What does Mrs. Olinski think when she sees the place at the table The Souls have set for her?
(a) "A space with a view".
(b) "VIPs only".
(c) "Guest of honor".
(d) "Handicapped parking".
7. Which of the following leaders is NOT mentioned in the question about the major accomplishments of Native American leaders?
(c) Crazy Horse.
8. How many regions are there in the state of New York?
9. What does Mrs. Olinski do after returning home from the state championship?
(a) She makes herself a cup of tea.
(b) She looks at her copies of "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland" and "Through the Looking Glass."
(c) She writes in her diary.
(d) She looks at her pictures form the Academic Bowl.
10. Who is Mr. LeDue?
(a) The district superintendent.
(b) The deputy superintendent.
(c) The Knightsbridge principal.
(d) The Knightsbridge Academic Bowl coach.
11. What does Mr. Singh refer to when explaining that Julian is the necessary Soul?
(a) A monkey.
(b) An atom.
(c) A box.
(d) A tree.
12. What does Mr. Singh compliment Mrs. Olinski on as they are driving to the final championship?
(a) Her driving.
(b) Her teaching ability.
(c) Her hair.
(d) Her dress.
13. How does Mrs. Olinski feel about Julian when he disappears before the play?
(a) She is worried about him.
(b) She is proud of him.
(c) She admires him.
(d) She is annoyed with him.
14. When did Mr. Singh pass his first driving test?
(a) As a child.
(b) As an older man.
(c) As a teenager.
(d) As a grown man.
15. Which source does Mrs. Olinski NOT use in selecting questions for practice?
(a) Standard sixth grade questions.
(b) A trivia game.
(c) Standard seventh grade questions.
(d) The news.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two countries does Julian explain are connected with the origin of the word "posh"?
2. Which member of the Epiphany team answers the final question?
3. When is the deadline for choosing an Academic Bowl team?
4. Which of the following does the narrator NOT mention as something that might cause Mr. Fairbain to embarrass himself?
5. What does Mrs. Olinski ask The Souls in chapter 12?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)