|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which quiz category do The Souls and Mrs. Olinski debate when getting ready to practice at the end of chapter 8?
(c) The Bible.
2. What does Julian say "tip" was an acronym for?
(a) Truly Important Present.
(b) Timely Important Polite.
(c) To Imitate Politeness.
(d) To Insure Promptness.
3. How does Mrs. Olinski feel while eating during tea in chapter 8?
4. How does Mrs. Olinski feel about Julian when he disappears before the play?
(a) She admires him.
(b) She is worried about him.
(c) She is annoyed with him.
(d) She is proud of him.
5. What does Mrs. Olinski know when she arrives at Sillington House in chapter 12?
(a) She knows that friendship is important.
(b) She knows that The Souls know that she knows.
(c) She knows that Margy is proud of her.
(d) She knows that Mr. Singh knows that she knows.
6. Who said she knew all along that The Souls would beat the eighth grade?
(a) Mrs. Olinski.
(b) Mrs. Sharkey.
(c) Mrs. Laurencin.
(d) Ms. Masolino.
7. Why do The Souls refuse to practice on Saturday?
(a) They will be busy working on a project.
(b) They don't want to spend their weekend practicing.
(c) They will be busy having tea.
(d) One of The Souls is Jewish and another is half-Jewish.
8. How many regions are there in the state of New York?
9. What does Mr. Singh tell Mrs. Olinski it takes more courage to do?
(a) Be a passenger.
(b) Be a leader.
(c) Be a driver.
(d) Be a pacifist.
10. Who is Mr. LeDue?
(a) The Knightsbridge principal.
(b) The district superintendent.
(c) The deputy superintendent.
(d) The Knightsbridge Academic Bowl coach.
11. Whom does Mrs. Olinski ask to write the instructions for the new "lesson" on the board?
12. How does chapter 12 begin?
(a) Mr. Singh greets Mrs. Olinski.
(b) Mrs. Olinski lets herself out of her van.
(c) The Souls greet Mrs. Olinski.
(d) The Souls and Mrs. Olinski have tea.
13. Where is the state championship going to be held?
(a) Seneca Falls.
14. What does Julian do in the car on the way home from the state championship?
(a) He sleeps.
(b) He plays games.
(c) He chats with his dad and Mrs. Olinski.
(d) He reads.
15. Which of the following does the narrator NOT mention as something that might cause Mr. Fairbain to embarrass himself?
(a) A word with more vowels than consonants.
(b) The capitals of far-away countries.
(c) The names of the ministers of Japan or Zaire.
(d) The name of the former Soviet Socialist Republic.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Mr. Singh pass his first driving test?
2. What does Mr. Singh refer to when explaining that Julian is the necessary Soul?
3. What does the narrator say the audience's smiles are when the commissioner makes the adjustment in chapter 9?
4. How do the other teachers choose their Academic Bowl teams?
5. What does Julian say the people in the pubs do with the boxes on the bars?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)