|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many regions are there in the state of New York?
2. Mrs. Olinski says the ruckus at the theater is not mischief, but what?
3. What does Mr. Singh do after Mrs. Olinski has entered the dining room?
(a) He opens the window.
(b) He serves a meal.
(c) He pours tea.
(d) He sets her place.
4. How do the other teachers choose their Academic Bowl teams?
(a) By picking the students with the highest GPAs.
(b) By picking the students they like best.
(c) By picking the top students from the honor roll.
(d) By holding mini-contests in their classes and choosing the winners of those.
5. Which quiz category do The Souls and Mrs. Olinski debate when getting ready to practice at the end of chapter 8?
(d) The Bible.
6. What does the commissioner take away from Julian at the beginning of chapter 9?
(a) His place in the next Academic Bowl.
(b) His nametag.
(c) His microphone.
(d) The two points he'd earned for the word "posh".
7. What word could be used to describe the food Mrs. Olinski eats while at Sillington House?
8. How does Mrs. Olinski say her team seems to communicate?
(a) Just by looking at each other.
(b) Through ESP.
(c) Through a secret series of signs.
(d) Through a secret stealth language.
9. How does Mrs. Olinski feel about Julian when he disappears before the play?
(a) She is annoyed with him.
(b) She is proud of him.
(c) She is worried about him.
(d) She admires him.
10. How does chapter 12 begin?
(a) The Souls and Mrs. Olinski have tea.
(b) Mr. Singh greets Mrs. Olinski.
(c) Mrs. Olinski lets herself out of her van.
(d) The Souls greet Mrs. Olinski.
11. How does Julian react when the commissioner tells him he can't find a reference for "tip"?
(a) He thinks the commissioner has been against him all along.
(b) He thinks the sources are wrong.
(c) He accepts the fact that his answer was wrong.
(d) He says the commissioner should check another source.
12. Who said she knew all along that The Souls would beat the eighth grade?
(a) Mrs. Olinski.
(b) Mrs. Laurencin.
(c) Mrs. Sharkey.
(d) Ms. Masolino.
13. What does Mrs. Olinski say Julian makes each mile a journey of?
(a) Mile markers.
(d) Quarter inches.
14. What two countries does Julian explain are connected with the origin of the word "posh"?
(a) Britain and the United States.
(b) Britain and Pakistan.
(c) Britain and India.
(d) India and the United States.
15. Whom has Mrs. Olinski been considering as the fourth member of her team?
(a) Julian Singh.
(b) Michael Froehlich.
(c) Jared Lord.
(d) Hamilton Knapp.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julian say the people in the pubs do with the boxes on the bars?
2. What does Julian say "tip" was an acronym for?
3. What does Mrs. Olinski think when she sees the place at the table The Souls have set for her?
4. Whom does Holly Blackwell tell her colleague to focus on?
5. How does the commissioner respond to Maxwell's answer to the match-point question?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)