|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the state championship going to be held?
(b) Seneca Falls.
2. How does Julian react when the commissioner tells him he can't find a reference for "tip"?
(a) He thinks the sources are wrong.
(b) He thinks the commissioner has been against him all along.
(c) He accepts the fact that his answer was wrong.
(d) He says the commissioner should check another source.
3. What is the mood at Sillington House in chapter 12?
(a) Everyone is sorry that the finals are over.
(b) Everyone is happy.
(c) Everyone is happy that training is over.
(d) Everyone is sorry that the gorgeous autumn is over.
4. What does Julian say the people in the pubs do with the boxes on the bars?
(a) They put notes in them.
(b) They drop coins in them.
(c) They take coins out of them.
(d) They pick notes out of them.
5. Where does the author mentioned in the follow-up question teach?
(a) New York University.
(b) Cambridge University.
(c) Epiphany Middle School.
(d) Oxford University.
6. What is Mr. Fairbain's first name?
7. Which of the following leaders is NOT mentioned in the question about the major accomplishments of Native American leaders?
(b) Crazy Horse.
8. What is the first thing Mrs. Olinski says to Mr. Singh on the way home?
(a) "Everything is complete now."
(b) "Win some, lose some."
(c) "What a wonderful victory."
(d) "What a loss for Maxwell."
9. How does the commissioner respond to Maxwell's answer to the match-point question?
(a) He hesitates before saying "Yes".
(b) He hesitates before saying "No".
(c) He says "No" before they can finish responding.
(d) He waits for the panel of experts to give its ruling.
10. Who is waiting for Mrs. Olinski in chapter 12?
(a) Dr. Rohmer.
(b) Margy Diamondstein.
(c) The Souls.
(d) Mr. Singh.
11. Whom does Holly Blackwell tell her colleague to focus on?
(a) Mrs. Olinski.
(b) Dr. Rohmer.
(c) Dr. Fairbain.
(d) Mr. LeDue.
12. Why does Dr. Rohmer say he won't pay for the gas and the bus drivers at the end of chapter 10?
(a) The school district doesn't have enough money.
(b) He doesn't think Epiphany is going to win.
(c) He refuses to charge admission to the Academic Bowl.
(d) There is no precedent for charging admission to an Academic Bowl.
13. What does Mrs. Olinski ask The Souls in chapter 12?
(a) "How did you know about Alice?"
(b) "Did I choose you, or did you choose me?"
(c) "What brought you all together?"
(d) "Did I choose you, or did you choose each other?"
14. What does Mr. Singh say Julian found?
(a) A place to belong to.
(d) A permanent home.
15. How does chapter 12 begin?
(a) Mr. Singh greets Mrs. Olinski.
(b) Mrs. Olinski lets herself out of her van.
(c) The Souls greet Mrs. Olinski.
(d) The Souls and Mrs. Olinski have tea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which member of the Epiphany team answers the final question?
2. What arrangement does Mrs. Olinski make with the principal in regards to practicing for the regional championship?
3. Which book is part of the correct answer to the match-point question?
4. What two countries does Julian explain are connected with the origin of the word "posh"?
5. What does the commissioner do after Maxwell's response to the match-point question before moving on?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)