|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Manech offer to teach Mathilde to do?
2. When did Tina write the letter to Mathilde?
3. Who was Heinz Gerstacker?
4. Who is caring for Manech now?
5. What detail did the woman who explained about the five men not mention that gave Mathilde hope that Manech was still alive?
Essay Topic 1
Do you think self-mutilation is a justifiable reason for condemning a prisoner to death? Why or why not? What types of actions are justifiable, in your mind, for condemning someone to death?
Essay Topic 2
What part did the red glove play in the development of the plot of this story? Do you think this was a crucial piece of information? Why or why not? Could the story have been written without the glove? What would have changed?
Essay Topic 3
Do you think Mathilde will be able to forgive Juliette? Why or why not? Would you be able to forgive her? Why or why not?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)