|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Poux arrive to see Mathilde?
2. Who contacted Pierre-Marie?
3. Why does the sergeant think things were taken from the bodies?
4. What does Manech offer to teach Mathilde to do?
5. How long after their engagement does Manech leave for the war?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What kind of friend was Poux to Mathilde? Why do you think this way? Support your answer. Do you think Poux wanted a relationship with Mathilde? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What was the main theme for this novel? How did the theme develop throughout the many chapters? Was the theme well-developed? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Was the conclusion of the appropriate or inappropriate? Why or why not? If you were the author, how would you have chosen to end this story? Why would you choose this way?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)