|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the enemy start fighting more after the biplane crashed?
2. In what year do Manech and Mathilde share their first kiss?
3. How long did Manech receive training before he was sent to the front as a foot soldier?
4. What would Mathilde need to be able to decode the letter from Benoit?
5. What does the farmer who now owns the land say a young girl dug up?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you think self-mutilation is a justifiable reason for condemning a prisoner to death? Why or why not? What types of actions are justifiable, in your mind, for condemning someone to death?
Essay Topic 2
Would you have held out hope for as long as Mathilde did? Why or why not? What would you have done differently than Mathilde did? Why would you have chosen to act this way?
Essay Topic 3
Do you think Benoit did the right thing by trading identities? Why or why not? Would you have done the same thing? Why or why not?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)