|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the code that Mathilde thinks Benoit's letter is written in?
2. What did Nino's code tell Tina?
3. How long did Manech receive training before he was sent to the front as a foot soldier?
4. Who is caring for Manech now?
5. Which of the following would not happen to Manech if he was proven not to be Jean?
Essay Topic 1
Evaluate the author's use of flashbacks in the novel. Was this technique well used? Why or why not? Do flashbacks enhance or detract from the story? Why do you feel this way?
Essay Topic 2
How do you feel about the premise of throwing condemned men out into the middle of the battle where they will be killed by enemy fire? Why do you feel this way? What do you think should have happened to the condemned men?
Essay Topic 3
Do you think Mathilde will be able to forgive Juliette? Why or why not? Would you be able to forgive her? Why or why not?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)