|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pier have to do to get the painting of the mimosas?
2. What does Mathilde do when she sees Manech for the first time?
3. Whose idea was it for Tina to become a prostitute?
4. Where does Mathilde believe Mariette went to meet Benoit?
5. What would Mathilde need to be able to decode the letter from Benoit?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the author create suspense throughout the novel? Use specific examples from the novel to support your answer. What genre do you believe this novel best fits? What other novels do you believe this novel is similar to?
Essay Topic 2
Mathilde was physically disabled. What part did this information play in the novel? Do you think it was important? Why or why not? Do you believe this story would have changed had Mathilde not been in a wheelchair? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
How does the action in the plot ebb and flow? Do you feel this book is well-written? Why or why not? In what way does the author engage the reader? What techniques did you notice in the book?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)