|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many soldiers are found without an injured hand?
2. How does Mathilde find Benoit?
3. What did Benoit wake up to?
4. How does Sylvain know to look in the newspaper for information?
5. How much older than Manech was Jean Desrochelles?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What part did the red glove play in the development of the plot of this story? Do you think this was a crucial piece of information? Why or why not? Could the story have been written without the glove? What would have changed?
Essay Topic 2
Do you think Benoit did the right thing by trading identities? Why or why not? Would you have done the same thing? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What was the main theme for this novel? How did the theme develop throughout the many chapters? Was the theme well-developed? Why or why not?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)