|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Manech mark the occasion of his and Mathilde's engagement?
2. What did the Eskimo do in regards to the biplane?
3. Why does Poux believe That Man died first?
4. Which of the following literary terms best describes how this novel ends?
5. How does Poux arrive to see Mathilde?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you think Mathilde will be able to forgive Juliette? Why or why not? Would you be able to forgive her? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What part did the red glove play in the development of the plot of this story? Do you think this was a crucial piece of information? Why or why not? Could the story have been written without the glove? What would have changed?
Essay Topic 3
How do you feel about the premise of throwing condemned men out into the middle of the battle where they will be killed by enemy fire? Why do you feel this way? What do you think should have happened to the condemned men?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)