|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Poux stay with Mathilde at her villa?
2. What does Mathilde do when she sees Manech for the first time?
3. What information did Tina share about Layrouye?
4. What is the last thing Manech remembers?
5. Why does the sergeant think things were taken from the bodies?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Thinking about how Mathilde decoded the letter, do you think her strategy was solid? Could there be another strategy? If yes, what would you try? If no, why do you feel that way?
Essay Topic 2
Do you think Benoit did the right thing by trading identities? Why or why not? Would you have done the same thing? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What was the main theme for this novel? How did the theme develop throughout the many chapters? Was the theme well-developed? Why or why not?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)