|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pire tell Mathilde to stop searching for Tina?
2. What does the sergeant tell the men that they will need to do?
3. How do Poux and Mathilde get along?
4. Why does Pierre-Marie contact Mathilde?
5. Why did Heidi Weiss come to Bingo?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Thinking about how Mathilde decoded the letter, do you think her strategy was solid? Could there be another strategy? If yes, what would you try? If no, why do you feel that way?
Essay Topic 2
Evaluate the author's use of flashbacks in the novel. Was this technique well used? Why or why not? Do flashbacks enhance or detract from the story? Why do you feel this way?
Essay Topic 3
Was the conclusion of the appropriate or inappropriate? Why or why not? If you were the author, how would you have chosen to end this story? Why would you choose this way?
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)