|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Benoit hear someone yell as the shelling continued?
2. What does Manech offer to teach Mathilde to do?
3. What did Poux witness Common Law do once he left the trench?
4. Why does the sergeant think things were taken from the bodies?
5. Who does Mathilde believe had enacted the plan to exchange the boots?
Essay Topic 1
Do you think self-mutilation is a justifiable reason for condemning a prisoner to death? Why or why not? What types of actions are justifiable, in your mind, for condemning someone to death?
Essay Topic 2
Do you think Mathilde will be able to forgive Juliette? Why or why not? Would you be able to forgive her? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Was the conclusion of the appropriate or inappropriate? Why or why not? If you were the author, how would you have chosen to end this story? Why would you choose this way?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)