Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the code that Mathilde thinks Benoit's letter is written in?
2. What did Nino's code tell Tina?
3. How long did Manech receive training before he was sent to the front as a foot soldier?
4. Who is caring for Manech now?
5. Which of the following would not happen to Manech if he was proven not to be Jean?
Essay Topic 1
How does the author create suspense throughout the novel? Use specific examples from the novel to support your answer. What genre do you believe this novel best fits? What other novels do you believe this novel is similar to?
Essay Topic 2
What was the main theme for this novel? How did the theme develop throughout the many chapters? Was the theme well-developed? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What part did the red glove play in the development of the plot of this story? Do you think this was a crucial piece of information? Why or why not? Could the story have been written without the glove? What would have changed?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)