Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the code that Mathilde thinks Benoit's letter is written in?
2. What did Nino's code tell Tina?
3. How long did Manech receive training before he was sent to the front as a foot soldier?
4. Who is caring for Manech now?
5. Which of the following would not happen to Manech if he was proven not to be Jean?
Essay Topic 1
What kind of friend was Poux to Mathilde? Why do you think this way? Support your answer. Do you think Poux wanted a relationship with Mathilde? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Would you have held out hope for as long as Mathilde did? Why or why not? What would you have done differently than Mathilde did? Why would you have chosen to act this way?
Essay Topic 3
How does the action in the plot ebb and flow? Do you feel this book is well-written? Why or why not? In what way does the author engage the reader? What techniques did you notice in the book?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)