|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Eskimo do in regards to the biplane?
2. Where did the medical orderly tell Tina he saw one of the condemned men alive?
3. Whose identification did the man with no injury to his hand wear?
4. Who does Mathilde get a telegram from?
5. Why did the enemy start fighting more after the biplane crashed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Was the conclusion of the appropriate or inappropriate? Why or why not? If you were the author, how would you have chosen to end this story? Why would you choose this way?
Essay Topic 2
Do you think Pire earned the painting? Why or why not? Is a painting enough of a reward for working for someone? Why or why not? Would you complete work for someone for a material object? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Do you think Mathilde will be able to forgive Juliette? Why or why not? Would you be able to forgive her? Why or why not?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)