|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Manech offer to teach Mathilde to do?
2. How old was Mathilde when she first met Manech?
3. Who is caring for Manech now?
4. Why did Juliette send Mathilde a letter?
5. What did Poux hear about Manech's body from another soldier?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What kind of friend was Poux to Mathilde? Why do you think this way? Support your answer. Do you think Poux wanted a relationship with Mathilde? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Do you think Mathilde will be able to forgive Juliette? Why or why not? Would you be able to forgive her? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Mathilde was physically disabled. What part did this information play in the novel? Do you think it was important? Why or why not? Do you believe this story would have changed had Mathilde not been in a wheelchair? Why or why not?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)