|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mathilde do when she sees Manech for the first time?
2. What did Nino's code tell Tina?
3. How does Mathilde respond when Manech offers to be her friend?
4. Why did Eskimo and Manech go off in another direction from Benoit?
5. What information did Tina share about Layrouye?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Thinking about how Mathilde decoded the letter, do you think her strategy was solid? Could there be another strategy? If yes, what would you try? If no, why do you feel that way?
Essay Topic 2
Do you think Pire earned the painting? Why or why not? Is a painting enough of a reward for working for someone? Why or why not? Would you complete work for someone for a material object? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Was the conclusion of the appropriate or inappropriate? Why or why not? If you were the author, how would you have chosen to end this story? Why would you choose this way?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)