|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Eskimo and Manech go off in another direction from Benoit?
2. What does Pire think happened to Valentina?
3. Why did Tina agree to be a prostitute?
4. How does Mathilde find Benoit?
5. How long did Poux stay with Mathilde at her villa?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you think Pire earned the painting? Why or why not? Is a painting enough of a reward for working for someone? Why or why not? Would you complete work for someone for a material object? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Thinking about how Mathilde decoded the letter, do you think her strategy was solid? Could there be another strategy? If yes, what would you try? If no, why do you feel that way?
Essay Topic 3
Mathilde was physically disabled. What part did this information play in the novel? Do you think it was important? Why or why not? Do you believe this story would have changed had Mathilde not been in a wheelchair? Why or why not?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)