|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Cornflower try to eat tainted meat?
2. How did Elodie feel about Eskimo?
3. How does Mathilde gain information about Mariette's whereabouts?
4. Who was the only man not to answer to his name according to Captain Favourier's letter?
5. What year is it when Mathilde receives the letter from the dying man?
Short Essay Questions
1. What request does Benjamin make of Elodie?
2. What does Germain try to persuade Mathilde to do and what does he suggest to encourage her further?
3. What does Elodie explain in her letter?
4. What did Corporal Urbain tell Juliette about her son's death?
5. Why was Bastoche in the trench and what really happened?
6. What suggestion from a fellow soldier did Manech follow after he was unsuccessful by eating the tainted meat?
7. What information did Pierre-Marie relate to Mathilde five weeks later?
8. Why did Tina Kill Lovrouye and the others and how does she feel about her actions?
9. When had Esperanza last seen Manech and what does he want?
10. Who does Angel write his letter to and what does he say in the letter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What kind of friend was Poux to Mathilde? Why do you think this way? Support your answer. Do you think Poux wanted a relationship with Mathilde? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
How do you feel about what Juliette Desrochelles did? Why do you feel that way? What would you have done in her place?
Essay Topic 3
Do you think Pire earned the painting? Why or why not? Is a painting enough of a reward for working for someone? Why or why not? Would you complete work for someone for a material object? Why or why not?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)