Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened when Mathilde sent a letter to the wife of The Man?
2. Why is Mathilde unable to walk?
3. Which of the following characters did not believe in the war when he was assigned his number?
4. Who writes to Mathilde in January of 1920?
5. Why was Valentina upset with her godmother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the captain explain would happen to the condemned men?
2. Why was Bastoche in the trench and what really happened?
3. What does Mathilde's father agree to do for her, Sylvain and Benedicte?
4. Where does Mathilde spend much of her time and who looks after her?
5. What does Little Louis tell Mathilde about Eskimo and Veronique?
6. What did the Corporal who shot Common Law claim really happened?
7. What does Poux tell Mathilde about the five condemned men?
8. How does Mathilde figure out the code in Benoit's letter?
9. What request does Benjamin make of Elodie?
10. How do Sylvain and Benedicte feel about Manech and why do they feel this way?
Do you think Benoit did the right thing by trading identities? Why or why not? Would you have done the same thing? Why or why not?
How do you feel about the premise of throwing condemned men out into the middle of the battle where they will be killed by enemy fire? Why do you feel this way? What do you think should have happened to the condemned men?
Which of the following characters is a better investigator? Mathilde, Poux, Pire. Why do you feel this way? Which of the three characters listed is the least effective? Why do you think they are ineffective? What could they have done to become more effective?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)