|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Cornflower try to eat tainted meat?
2. Who does Mathilde go to visit in October of 1919?
3. What did Esperanza's commander tell him to do in regards to Bingo Crepuscule?
4. Which of the following characters was a private investigator who offered Mathilde his services?
5. What is Louis Teyssier to Eskimo?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Esperanza dying from and how does it affect what he tells Mathilde?
2. What request does Benjamin make of Elodie?
3. What did the enemy do to the soldiers who were killed?
4. What steps does Mathilde do to disprove Pierre-Marie's findings?
5. What did the captain explain would happen to the condemned men?
6. What did the Newfoundland soldiers do with the dead?
7. What information was Favart able to share with Tina?
8. What name had Tina been given and what did she admit to doing?
9. What type of man was Six-Soux and what was his job before the war?
10. What does the typed list show?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the action in the plot ebb and flow? Do you feel this book is well-written? Why or why not? In what way does the author engage the reader? What techniques did you notice in the book?
Essay Topic 2
How do you feel about what Juliette Desrochelles did? Why do you feel that way? What would you have done in her place?
Essay Topic 3
Do you think Tina was justified in killing the officers? Why or why not? Was Tina's punishment justified considering the actions she committed? Why or why not?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)