|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What decision does Therese make that she believes Six-Soux would approve of?
2. What does Pierre-Marie try to convince Mathilde to do?
3. What did the enemy side throw out over no-man's-land?
4. How did Elodie feel about Eskimo?
5. What was Manech's nickname?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Angel write his letter to and what does he say in the letter?
2. What does Poux tell Mathilde about the five condemned men?
3. What information did Leprince share about Poux?
4. What does Germain try to persuade Mathilde to do and what does he suggest to encourage her further?
5. Why was Bastoche in the trench and what really happened?
6. What request does Benjamin make of Elodie?
7. What was inside the tin and what information did it provide?
8. What steps does Mathilde do to disprove Pierre-Marie's findings?
9. Who does Mathilde employ and for what purpose in November of 1919?
10. What did Tina learn about the man in the hospital?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do you feel about what Juliette Desrochelles did? Why do you feel that way? What would you have done in her place?
Essay Topic 2
Do you think Benoit did the right thing by trading identities? Why or why not? Would you have done the same thing? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
How do think the relationship between Manech and Mathilde will progress? Do you think they will pick up where they left off? Why or why not?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)