|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What belief does Captain Favourier have about the men?
2. Where does Mathilde keep her papers where she organizes her thoughts?
3. What question did Germain Pier's letter answer for Mathilde?
4. Who does Angel write his letter to?
5. What does Mathilde search for as she begins to try to prove Pierre-Marie wrong?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Germain try to persuade Mathilde to do and what does he suggest to encourage her further?
2. Why did one of the dead not have a wounded hand?
3. What happened to make Manech become afraid of everything?
4. How did Madam Conte describe Valentina and what insight did she provide about Valentina's childhood?
5. What did the captain explain would happen to the condemned men?
6. Where does Mathilde spend much of her time and who looks after her?
7. What did Angel and another man agree to after Angel's request to return to jail was denied and what happened?
8. What did Gerstacker learn as he was led across no-man's-land?
9. What did the Corporal who shot Common Law claim really happened?
10. What did Corporal Urbain tell Juliette about her son's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you think Benoit did the right thing by trading identities? Why or why not? Would you have done the same thing? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Do you think Tina was justified in killing the officers? Why or why not? Was Tina's punishment justified considering the actions she committed? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
How do you feel about what Juliette Desrochelles did? Why do you feel that way? What would you have done in her place?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)