|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the captain wish Esperanza had done with the condemned men?
2. When did Madam Conte say Valentina lasted visited?
3. What does Manech wear as he walks with the others?
4. Who does Mathilde think was the woman who visited the Eskimo's lover?
5. What does Mathilde do when she gets home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the typed list show?
2. What request does Benjamin make of Elodie?
3. How does the first meeting between Mathilde and Elodie Gordes go and what does Elodie promise Mathilde?
4. How did Veronique feel about the visitor who came asking questions about Eskimo?
5. How do Sylvain and Benedicte feel about Manech and why do they feel this way?
6. Who does Mathilde employ and for what purpose in November of 1919?
7. What did Poux remember about Six-Soux?
8. What information did Poux have about the Eskimo?
9. Where was Angel before the war and how did he end up in the war?
10. Why was Bastoche in the trench and what really happened?
Essay Topic 1
How do think the relationship between Manech and Mathilde will progress? Do you think they will pick up where they left off? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What was the main theme for this novel? How did the theme develop throughout the many chapters? Was the theme well-developed? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Do you think Tina was justified in killing the officers? Why or why not? Was Tina's punishment justified considering the actions she committed? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,283 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)