|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elodie Gordes need the pension for?
2. What decision does Therese make that she believes Six-Soux would approve of?
3. What belief does Captain Favourier have about the men?
4. Which of the following is not one of the things Esperanza gives to Mathilde as she leaves?
5. From what country is the author of this novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What request does Benjamin make of Elodie?
2. What was Heidi told about Manech?
3. When Esperanza chose his ten men, how long had they been traveling?
4. When did Mariette receive the notice about her husband's death and what did she do as a result of the notice?
5. What happened to make Manech become afraid of everything?
6. What changed in regards to Tina and Nino's life that made it a no longer good life?
7. How did Madam Conte describe Valentina and what insight did she provide about Valentina's childhood?
8. What does Mathilde do after she finds the stamp that shows Queen Victoria's full name on it?
9. What did Corporal Urbain tell Juliette about her son's death?
10. What happens when Manech tells Mathilde that he has to leave soon for war?
Essay Topic 1
What part did the red glove play in the development of the plot of this story? Do you think this was a crucial piece of information? Why or why not? Could the story have been written without the glove? What would have changed?
Essay Topic 2
Do you think Mathilde will be able to forgive Juliette? Why or why not? Would you be able to forgive her? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Evaluate the author's use of flashbacks in the novel. Was this technique well used? Why or why not? Do flashbacks enhance or detract from the story? Why do you feel this way?
This section contains 1,283 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)