|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the code that Mathilde thinks Benoit's letter is written in?
2. What did Nino's code tell Tina?
(a) How he escaped.
(b) What steps she needed to take.
(c) Where he was and that he was in trouble.
(d) What he was doing.
3. How long did Manech receive training before he was sent to the front as a foot soldier?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) About a year.
(c) Less than a week.
(d) A month.
4. Who is caring for Manech now?
(a) Desrochelles's mother.
(b) Urbain Chardolot.
(c) No one.
(d) His new wife.
5. Which of the following would not happen to Manech if he was proven not to be Jean?
(a) Manech would lose his mind.
(b) Mathilde would be married to him.
(c) Juliette would die from grief.
(d) Manech would go to prison for life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Tina think traded the German boots with Eskimo?
2. Why does the sergeant think things were taken from the bodies?
3. What does the sergeant tell the men that they will need to do?
4. On what day of the week did they arrive?
5. With what does the story end?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)