|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Poux arrive to see Mathilde?
(b) On horseback.
(c) On his motorcycle.
(d) In a taxi.
2. Why does Pire tell Mathilde to stop searching for Tina?
(a) To save herself some money.
(b) For her own safety.
(c) To let the dead rest in peace.
(d) For her own sanity.
3. How do the soldiers bury the men?
(a) In shallow graves.
(d) In a newly made cemetary.
4. What does the farmer who now owns the land say a young girl dug up?
(c) A tin.
5. What did Nino's code tell Tina?
(a) What steps she needed to take.
(b) What he was doing.
(c) Where he was and that he was in trouble.
(d) How he escaped.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Tina killed?
2. With what does the story end?
3. How does Manech mark the occasion of his and Mathilde's engagement?
4. What would Mathilde need to be able to decode the letter from Benoit?
5. What does Pire's second telegram say?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)