|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Poux arrive to see Mathilde?
(b) In a taxi.
(c) On horseback.
(d) On his motorcycle.
2. What did Benoit wake up to?
(a) Rats biting his toes.
(b) Hearing people calling his name and those of the other condemned men.
(c) A German soldier stealing his boots.
(d) Hearing a plane overhead that was firing at the cellar he was hiding inside.
3. What did Poux say that he remembered a man who had lost his mind doing?
(a) Build a snowman in the middle of no-man's-land.
(b) Run toward the enemy laughing hysterically.
(c) Run back and forth across no-man's-land.
(d) Grab Eskimo's gun and shoot himself in the eye.
4. How long did it take before Gunther's commanding officer came to explain how he died?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 2 days.
(c) 2 months.
(d) 2 years.
5. Why did Tina agree to be a prostitute?
(a) It was an exciting profession.
(b) It was the only work she could do.
(c) Nino like the idea.
(d) They needed the money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why didn't Poux see Manech die?
2. What detail did the woman who explained about the five men not mention that gave Mathilde hope that Manech was still alive?
3. Why does the sergeant think things were taken from the bodies?
4. Who called Sylvain?
5. What does Pire think happened to Valentina?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)