|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Eskimo and Manech go off in another direction from Benoit?
(a) So they wouldn't be found together.
(b) To each scout out the best location.
(c) Because they didn't get along.
(d) To find a deeper hole.
2. What did Poux hear about Manech's body from another soldier?
(a) It had a self-inflicted gun shot wound.
(b) It was found shot through the back.
(c) It was riddled with enemy bullets.
(d) It was never found.
3. What name is Manech now known as?
(a) Benjamin Gordes.
(d) Jean Desrochelles.
4. How does Manech mark the occasion of his and Mathilde's engagement?
(a) By writing three Ms on his arm.
(b) By running outside and yelling it to the world.
(c) By annoucing it to Sylvain and Benedicte.
(d) By carving three Ms in a tree.
5. Why does Poux believe That Man died first?
(a) He saw him dive back into the trench and be thrown back up into the air.
(b) He saw him being shot 15 times and falling into the snow.
(c) He saw him riddled with bullets and fall back into the trench covered in blood.
(d) He saw him crawl behind a pile of bricks as the enemy machine gun made 15 passes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the medical orderly tell Tina he saw one of the condemned men alive?
2. What information did Tina share about Layrouye?
3. How does Poux arrive to see Mathilde?
4. How was Tina killed?
5. How does Sylvain know to look in the newspaper for information?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)