|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mathilde do when she sees Manech for the first time?
(a) Runs to him.
(b) Calls out his name.
(c) Begs him to remember.
2. How long after their engagement does Manech leave for the war?
(a) Almost a month.
(b) About three weeks.
(c) Less than a week.
(d) The very next day.
3. Where does Celestin agree to take Mathilde?
(a) To see his commanding officer.
(d) Manech's grave.
4. What does Pier have to do to get the painting of the mimosas?
(a) Locate the soldier who saw Desrochelle with the red glove.
(b) Find the German boots.
(c) Find the medical orderly in the hospital who Tina talked to.
(d) Find Desrochelles alive.
5. What did Benoit wake up to?
(a) Rats biting his toes.
(b) Hearing people calling his name and those of the other condemned men.
(c) A German soldier stealing his boots.
(d) Hearing a plane overhead that was firing at the cellar he was hiding inside.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose idea was it for Tina to become a prostitute?
2. What does Manech offer to teach Mathilde to do?
3. How does Mathilde respond when Manech offers to be her friend?
4. What does Pier ask Mathilde to do in regards to Juliette?
5. On what day of the week did they arrive?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)