|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what does the story end?
(a) The final events of the night of Bingo.
(b) Manech's memory returning.
(c) Mathilde's marriage to Manech.
(d) A diary entry by Mathilde.
2. What are Manech's first words to Mathilde?
(a) Where have you been?
(b) What are you doing here?
(c) You can't walk?
(d) Who are you?
3. How does Mathilde find Benoit?
(a) She stops at the school and asks about his son.
(b) She walks around the town asking.
(c) She talks to the priest.
(d) She has her lawyer contact him.
4. How long does Poux stay with Mathilde?
(a) A few hours.
(b) A week.
(c) A long time.
(d) One full day.
5. Where did the Newfoundland soldiers find the bodies of the men?
(a) Huddled in a basement near Bingo.
(b) Within the Bingo trench.
(c) Inside of the German trench.
(d) Between Bingo and the German trench.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time of day did the Newfoundland soldiers arrive at Bingo?
2. What does Pire's second telegram say?
3. What does the sergeant tell the men that they will need to do?
4. Where did the medical orderly tell Tina he saw one of the condemned men alive?
5. Where does Mathilde believe Mariette went to meet Benoit?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)