|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the code that Mathilde thinks Benoit's letter is written in?
2. How much older than Manech was Jean Desrochelles?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 1 year.
3. What does Pire think happened to Valentina?
(a) She has grown cruel.
(b) She has left the country.
(c) She has died.
(d) She is purposely hiding from him.
4. How does Sylvain know to look in the newspaper for information?
(a) He heard the commotion behind him.
(b) He receives a call.
(c) He received a letter.
(d) He was looking at the paper anyway.
5. What did Poux hear about Manech's body from another soldier?
(a) It was riddled with enemy bullets.
(b) It was found shot through the back.
(c) It was never found.
(d) It had a self-inflicted gun shot wound.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Heinz Gerstacker?
2. How long does Poux stay with Mathilde?
3. Which of the following literary terms best describes how this novel ends?
4. How do Poux and Mathilde get along?
5. On what day of the week did they arrive?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)