|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Manech offer to teach Mathilde to do?
2. What did Poux witness Common Law do once he left the trench?
(a) Tell the enemy he would sell them secrets.
(b) Hide behind a wall and pray to God.
(c) Run toward the enemy saying he surrendered.
(d) Dive back into the trench and beg for mercy.
3. Who does Tina think traded the German boots with Eskimo?
4. Who was Heinz Gerstacker?
(a) A German soldier who witnessed Manech's death.
(b) A German soldier who was taken prisoner.
(c) A German man who killed Manech.
(d) A German man who sold his boots.
5. What could be said to be the theme for the remainder of the year for Mathilde?
(a) New information.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what day of the week did they arrive?
2. What does Pire think happened to Valentina?
3. Where does Celestin agree to take Mathilde?
4. What does Pire's second telegram say?
5. Why does Mathilde head to Somme?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)