|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who crushed Tina's hope of finding her lover alive?
(a) Gordes Layrouye.
(b) Sergeant Favart.
(c) Corporal Thouvenel.
(d) Gunther Weiss.
2. Why did Eskimo and Manech go off in another direction from Benoit?
(a) So they wouldn't be found together.
(b) To each scout out the best location.
(c) Because they didn't get along.
(d) To find a deeper hole.
3. Why does Poux believe That Man died first?
(a) He saw him crawl behind a pile of bricks as the enemy machine gun made 15 passes.
(b) He saw him being shot 15 times and falling into the snow.
(c) He saw him dive back into the trench and be thrown back up into the air.
(d) He saw him riddled with bullets and fall back into the trench covered in blood.
4. How many soldiers are found without an injured hand?
5. Who does Mathilde get a telegram from?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mathilde believe Mariette went to meet Benoit?
2. What are Manech's first words to Mathilde?
3. What would Mathilde need to be able to decode the letter from Benoit?
4. Why did Juliette send Mathilde a letter?
5. What does the sergeant tell the men that they will need to do?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)