|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Benoit consider harming Mathilde?
(a) He thought she was working with his enemies.
(b) He thought she might endanger his freedom.
(c) He thought she had killed his wife.
(d) He thought she was going to harm him.
2. What are Manech's first words to Mathilde?
(a) Why aren't you outside?
(b) Where are you going?
(c) Come play with me?
(d) You can't walk?
3. How long after their engagement does Manech leave for the war?
(a) Almost a month.
(b) Less than a week.
(c) The very next day.
(d) About three weeks.
4. What does Pier ask Mathilde to do in regards to Juliette?
(a) To let her continue to raise Manech.
(b) Report her to the police.
(c) Meet with her to see her point of view.
(d) Forgive her actions.
5. What did Poux hear about Manech's body from another soldier?
(a) It was never found.
(b) It was riddled with enemy bullets.
(c) It was found shot through the back.
(d) It had a self-inflicted gun shot wound.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the Newfoundland soldiers find the bodies of the men?
2. How does Manech mark the occasion of his and Mathilde's engagement?
3. Whose identification did the man with no injury to his hand wear?
4. How long does Poux stay with Mathilde?
5. How much older than Manech was Jean Desrochelles?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)