|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Pire tell Mathilde to stop searching for Tina?
(a) For her own sanity.
(b) To save herself some money.
(c) For her own safety.
(d) To let the dead rest in peace.
2. Where did the medical orderly tell Tina he saw one of the condemned men alive?
3. Who is caring for Manech now?
(a) His new wife.
(b) Urbain Chardolot.
(c) No one.
(d) Desrochelles's mother.
4. What would Mathilde need to be able to decode the letter from Benoit?
(a) The key to the code.
(b) A magnifying glass.
(c) More information about Benoit.
(d) The original letter.
5. What information did Tina share about Layrouye?
(a) He was the one who had killed the men.
(b) He sentenced them to death.
(c) He lied about the men's pardon.
(d) It was his idea to throw them over the trench.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Poux stay with Mathilde?
2. What is Poux's nickname?
3. What is Manech doing when Mathilde first sees him again?
4. What does Pire think happened to Valentina?
5. Why does Poux believe That Man died first?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)