|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Juliette send Mathilde a letter?
(a) To reveal the truth about Manech.
(b) To dissuade her from searching for Manech.
(c) To provide a false story to cover her ruse.
(d) To throw her off of their track.
2. What did the Eskimo do in regards to the biplane?
(a) Threw a flare at it, setting it on fire.
(b) Fired a machine gun at it.
(c) Pointed at it and laughed.
(d) Threw a grenade at it.
3. What does Pire's second telegram say?
(a) That Pire is coming to visit her.
(b) That he cannot find Manech.
(c) That Manech is dead.
(d) That he found Manech alive.
4. How long did Manech receive training before he was sent to the front as a foot soldier?
(a) A month.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) About a year.
(d) Less than a week.
5. With what does the story end?
(a) A diary entry by Mathilde.
(b) The final events of the night of Bingo.
(c) Manech's memory returning.
(d) Mathilde's marriage to Manech.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following literary terms best describes how this novel ends?
2. How long after their engagement does Manech leave for the war?
3. In what year do Manech and Mathilde share their first kiss?
4. What are Manech's first words to Mathilde?
5. What does Manech offer to teach Mathilde to do?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)