Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened when Mathilde sent a letter to the wife of The Man?
(a) It was returned saying she did not want to contact Mathilde.
(b) It was never answered or responded to.
(c) It was returned saying she was not at that address.
(d) It was forwarded to Paris.
2. Why is Mathilde unable to walk?
(a) A shell from the war hurt her.
(b) She was born unable to walk.
(c) She was painting and the easel fell on her.
(d) She fell off of a ladder when she was little.
3. Which of the following characters did not believe in the war when he was assigned his number?
(d) Common Law.
4. Who writes to Mathilde in January of 1920?
(a) Veronique Passavant.
(b) Benjamin Gordes.
(c) Captain Favourier.
(d) Celestin Poux.
5. Why was Valentina upset with her godmother?
(a) For corresponding with Mathilde.
(b) For not calling her sooner.
(c) For Talking about Nino with a stranger.
(d) For not allowing her to live with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Madam Conte say she is related to Valentina?
2. How did Elodie feel about Eskimo?
3. How did Elodie feel about Benjamin's idea that she have an affair with Eskimo?
4. Where does Mathilde go to meet Elodies Gordes?
5. What decision does Therese make that she believes Six-Soux would approve of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the captain explain would happen to the condemned men?
2. Why was Bastoche in the trench and what really happened?
3. What does Mathilde's father agree to do for her, Sylvain and Benedicte?
4. Where does Mathilde spend much of her time and who looks after her?
5. What does Little Louis tell Mathilde about Eskimo and Veronique?
6. What did the Corporal who shot Common Law claim really happened?
7. What does Poux tell Mathilde about the five condemned men?
8. How does Mathilde figure out the code in Benoit's letter?
9. What request does Benjamin make of Elodie?
10. How do Sylvain and Benedicte feel about Manech and why do they feel this way?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)