|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is one of the things Mathilde was told in the letter she received from Passavant?
(a) Eskimo told her he planned on shooting himself in the hand.
(b) A woman told her that Eskimo was thrown over the trench.
(c) She no longer loves Eskimo and doesn't want to talk about him.
(d) She would like to meet with with Mathilde immediately.
2. Why did Angel agree to join the army?
(a) He wanted to fight a common enemy.
(b) He didn't think the war would last long.
(c) He needed to find a way to support his wife.
(d) He wanted to find fame and fortune.
3. What did the woman believe about Veronique?
(a) That Veronique thought she was crazy.
(b) That Veronique was making up stories.
(c) That she was constantly talking to Eskimo.
(d) That she was hiding something from her.
4. How did Elodie describe Benjamin's mood when he came home from the war on leave?
(d) Over joyed.
5. What is the young French woman in this novel searching for?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her fiance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pierre-Marie try to convince Mathilde to do?
2. What is Louis Teyssier to Eskimo?
3. Who does Sylvain go to visit?
4. Who promised to protect Manech for as long as he could?
5. Who does Angel write his letter to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information did Pierre-Marie relate to Mathilde five weeks later?
2. How did Madam Conte describe Valentina and what insight did she provide about Valentina's childhood?
3. Who does Angel write his letter to and what does he say in the letter?
4. What does Mathilde believe happened after Gordes had been killed?
5. What does the typed list show?
6. Where was Angel before the war and how did he end up in the war?
7. How did Veronique feel about the visitor who came asking questions about Eskimo?
8. Who tells Mathilde that Manech has been killed?
9. What does Veronique Passavant tell Mathilde about Eskimo?
10. What does the letter Pire sends to Mathilde later tell her about Manech?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)