|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What couldn't Esperanza believe the French would do to their own soldiers?
(a) Throw them over the top of a trench to be killed.
(b) Allow them to be killed by firing squad.
(c) Order them to kill their commrades.
(d) Refuse to follow direct orders.
2. How did Elodie feel about Eskimo?
3. What is Daniel Esperanza dying from?
(b) Wounds sustained in war.
(c) Trench illness.
(d) Spanish Flu.
4. What was Bastoche's job before he joined the army?
(a) Labor organizer.
5. What year is it when Mathilde receives the letter from the dying man?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Little Louis learn about Biscuit?
2. Where does Mathilde go to meet Elodies Gordes?
3. How did Benjamin and Elodie meet?
4. Which of the following was not one of the items Manech had requested from the cook?
5. What is the young French woman in this novel searching for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the letter Pire sends to Mathilde later tell her about Manech?
2. What does the typed list show?
3. When did Mariette receive the notice about her husband's death and what did she do as a result of the notice?
4. What happens when Manech tells Mathilde that he has to leave soon for war?
5. What did Corporal Urbain tell Juliette about her son's death?
6. Why was Bastoche in the trench and what really happened?
7. How does the first meeting between Mathilde and Elodie Gordes go and what does Elodie promise Mathilde?
8. What did the Newfoundland soldiers do with the dead?
9. What does Little Louis tell Mathilde about Eskimo and Veronique?
10. When Esperanza chose his ten men, how long had they been traveling?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)