|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Biscuit and Eskimo have in common?
(a) They were both woodworkers.
(b) They both loved to cook.
(c) They both loved Vera.
(d) They both were condemned prisoners.
2. Which of the following characters did not believe in the war when he was assigned his number?
(d) Common Law.
3. In what year was this novel made into a French film?
4. Why does Germain say he will find Poux for no extra cost?
(a) He wants to prove himself.
(b) He loves Mathilde.
(c) He already was paid to find Poux.
(d) He knwos where he is hiding.
5. Which character was an orphan and married an orphan?
(a) Common Law.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why wouldn't Manech's captain let him go home?
2. Where does Mathilde go to meet Elodies Gordes?
3. Who does Angel write his letter to?
4. Where does Mathilde spend much of her time?
5. What couldn't Esperanza believe the French would do to their own soldiers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Tina learn about the man in the hospital?
2. When had Esperanza last seen Manech and what does he want?
3. What request does Benjamin make of Elodie?
4. What type of man was Six-Soux and what was his job before the war?
5. Why was Bastoche in the trench and what really happened?
6. What was inside the tin and what information did it provide?
7. What did Poux see about Mathilde and what did he recommend?
8. What information was Favart able to share with Tina?
9. What changed in regards to Tina and Nino's life that made it a no longer good life?
10. What happened when the doctor was brought to tend to the men's wounds?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)