|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mathilde hire Germain to find?
(b) Celestin Poux.
(d) Tina Lambardi.
2. What did Little Louis learn about Biscuit?
(a) He had fled to America.
(b) He also died in the war.
(c) He married Vera.
(d) He lived in Paris.
3. Why doesn't Elodie give Mathilde much information?
(a) She is too embarrassed.
(b) She is too emotionally heartbroken.
(c) She does not trust Mathilde.
(d) She is afraid she'll lose her pension.
4. What does Mathilde do after she reads all of the letters?
(a) Shares the letters with her relatives.
(b) Searches out Captain Favourier.
(c) Writes down her conversation with Esperanza.
(d) Puts them in a very safe location.
5. Which of the following is not one of the things Esperanza gives to Mathilde as she leaves?
(a) The names of the recipients of the condemned men's letters.
(b) Copies of the condemned men's letters.
(c) A group picture of the condemned men.
(d) The typed list of the condemned men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Elodie Gordes hire the private investigator?
2. What was Little Louis glad to read about in Eskimo's letter?
3. What did Little Louis believe the fight between Eskimo and Vera was about?
4. Where did Esperanza meet Manech?
5. Which man readily admitted to Esperanza that he had committed self-mutilation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Germain try to persuade Mathilde to do and what does he suggest to encourage her further?
2. What does Elodie explain in her letter?
3. What request does Benjamin make of Elodie?
4. Who does Mathilde employ and for what purpose in November of 1919?
5. What does Little Louis tell Mathilde about Eskimo and Veronique?
6. What does Mathilde believe happened after Gordes had been killed?
7. What was Heidi told about Manech?
8. What does the letter Pire sends to Mathilde later tell her about Manech?
9. How did Veronique feel about the visitor who came asking questions about Eskimo?
10. What does Poux tell Mathilde about the five condemned men?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)