|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters is from Paris?
(a) Common Law.
2. What was Pierre-Marie's opinion of the events that Esperanza said happened at the trench Bingo after he completed his research?
(a) The events that Esperanza described were accurate.
(b) The events that Esperanza described could not have happened because there was no trench.
(c) The events that Esperanza described were an exaggeration.
(d) The events that Esperanza described did not happen.
3. How did Benjamin and Elodie meet?
(a) He had an affair with her.
(b) They knew each other since they were children.
(c) His family took her in when her parents were killed.
(d) He hired her to take care of his children when his wife died.
4. What did the enemy side throw out over no-man's-land?
5. Who does Six-Soux send his letter to?
(a) A lover.
(b) His wife.
(c) A friend.
(d) A business associate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eskimo want to be given to his lover?
2. What is Louis Teyssier to Eskimo?
3. How many men accompanied the condemned men to the trench?
4. Which of the following was not one of the items Manech had requested from the cook?
5. Who does Mathilde think was the woman who visited the Eskimo's lover?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the captain explain would happen to the condemned men?
2. What does Poux tell Mathilde about the five condemned men?
3. What information did Poux have about the Eskimo?
4. What request does Benjamin make of Elodie?
5. What did Poux see about Mathilde and what did he recommend?
6. What did Valentina tell Madam Conte about Nino and what did she say about revenge?
7. What name had Tina been given and what did she admit to doing?
8. What was Six-Soux's goal and what decision did he make as a result of not achieving his goal?
9. What does the first telegram that Mathilde receives from Pire say?
10. What information did Pierre-Marie relate to Mathilde five weeks later?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)