|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question did Germain Pier's letter answer for Mathilde?
(a) If Gordes was indeed related to Poux.
(b) If Gordes was wearing German boots.
(c) If Gordes was indeed dead.
(d) If Gordes was one of the condemned men.
2. In what year was this novel made into a French film?
3. Which of the men condemned to death did Esperanza indicate was wearing German boots?
(a) The man.
(d) Common Law.
4. Why did Cornflower try to eat tainted meat?
(a) To kill himself.
(b) As penance for suriving when his friend did not.
(c) To make himself appear jaundiced.
(d) To avoid being killed by an enemy soldier.
5. How many men accompanied the condemned men to the trench?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eskimo want to be given to his lover?
2. What does Mathilde do after she reads all of the letters?
3. Why does Germain say he will find Poux for no extra cost?
4. What belief does Captain Favourier have about the men?
5. What is the young French woman in this novel searching for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Tina learn about the man in the hospital?
2. What does Mathilde believe happened after Gordes had been killed?
3. What was Six-Soux's goal and what decision did he make as a result of not achieving his goal?
4. What request does Benjamin make of Elodie?
5. What did the enemy do to the soldiers who were killed?
6. What did Gerstacker learn as he was led across no-man's-land?
7. What type of man was Six-Soux and what was his job before the war?
8. What confuses the priest about Mathilde's question?
9. What does Little Louis tell Mathilde about Eskimo and Veronique?
10. What information did Poux have about the Eskimo?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)