|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the enemy side throw out over no-man's-land?
2. Where did Mariette Notre-Dame go when she left for good leaving no forwarding address?
(a) Train station.
(b) A taxi out of the country.
3. Which of the following is not one of the things Esperanza gives to Mathilde as she leaves?
(a) The names of the recipients of the condemned men's letters.
(b) The typed list of the condemned men.
(c) A group picture of the condemned men.
(d) Copies of the condemned men's letters.
4. Who does Angel write his letter to?
(a) His wife.
(b) His friend.
(c) His lover.
(d) His mother.
5. What does Pierre-Marie report happened to the condemned men?
(a) They were sentenced to hard labor.
(b) They were pardoned.
(c) They were thrown above the trench.
(d) They escaped.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the young French woman in this novel searching for?
2. What does Eskimo want to be given to his lover?
3. What does Pierre-Marie try to convince Mathilde to do?
4. Why did Mr. Leprince write to Mathilde?
5. What happened when Mathilde sent a letter to the wife of The Man?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Angel write his letter to and what does he say in the letter?
2. What does Poux tell Mathilde about the five condemned men?
3. What did the enemy do to the soldiers who were killed?
4. What type of man was Six-Soux and what was his job before the war?
5. Why did one of the dead not have a wounded hand?
6. What request does Benjamin make of Elodie?
7. What information was Favart able to share with Tina?
8. What was inside the tin and what information did it provide?
9. What does Little Louis tell Mathilde about Eskimo and Veronique?
10. What information did Leprince share about Poux?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)