|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Mr. Leprince write to Mathilde?
(a) He was responding to her newspaper ad.
(b) He was Manech's commanding officer.
(c) He knew where Manech was hiding.
(d) He wanted to talk to her about Esperanza.
2. What does Pierre-Marie report happened to the condemned men?
(a) They were sentenced to hard labor.
(b) They were pardoned.
(c) They escaped.
(d) They were thrown above the trench.
3. What did Little Louis learn about Biscuit?
(a) He married Vera.
(b) He lived in Paris.
(c) He also died in the war.
(d) He had fled to America.
4. What does Mathilde search for as she begins to try to prove Pierre-Marie wrong?
(a) Military records.
(b) The trench named Bingo.
(c) A stamp.
(d) Manech's commanding officer.
5. Who writes to Mathilde in January of 1920?
(a) Benjamin Gordes.
(b) Captain Favourier.
(c) Celestin Poux.
(d) Veronique Passavant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Elodie give Mathilde much information?
2. Which of the following characters is probably thinking about his fiance as he is walking with the others?
3. Who wrote the strangest of all of the letters?
4. Why is Mathilde unable to walk?
5. What happened when Mathilde sent a letter to the wife of The Man?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Newfoundland soldiers find between Bingo and the German trench?
2. How did Veronique feel about the visitor who came asking questions about Eskimo?
3. Who has the strangest letter and what does it talk about?
4. What did the Corporal who shot Common Law claim really happened?
5. What does Mathilde believe happened after Gordes had been killed?
6. What steps does Mathilde do to disprove Pierre-Marie's findings?
7. What confuses the priest about Mathilde's question?
8. What happened to make Manech become afraid of everything?
9. When Mathilde looks through the package Esperanza has given her what does she see?
10. What changed in regards to Tina and Nino's life that made it a no longer good life?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)