|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Benjamin and Elodie meet?
(a) They knew each other since they were children.
(b) His family took her in when her parents were killed.
(c) He had an affair with her.
(d) He hired her to take care of his children when his wife died.
2. What is the young French woman in this novel searching for?
(a) Her fiance.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her husband.
3. What season is it as this novel opens?
4. What did throwing the five men over the trench cause between the two sides?
(a) Heavy fighting.
(b) A peace treaty.
(c) A sort of bonding.
(d) A lack of respect.
5. Who does Mathilde think was the woman who visited the Eskimo's lover?
(a) Pierre Marie.
(b) Veronique Passavant.
(c) Elodi Gordes.
(d) Tima Lambardi.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Mariette Notre-Dame go when she left for good leaving no forwarding address?
2. What was Pierre-Marie's opinion of the events that Esperanza said happened at the trench Bingo after he completed his research?
3. Why did Esperanza write Manech's letter?
4. What does Elodie Gordes need the pension for?
5. What did Little Louis learn about Biscuit?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the captain explain would happen to the condemned men?
2. How did Mrs. Desrochelles react when she was told her son was killed in the war?
3. What type of man was Six-Soux and what was his job before the war?
4. What did Angel and another man agree to after Angel's request to return to jail was denied and what happened?
5. What information did Poux have about the Eskimo?
6. What suggestion from a fellow soldier did Manech follow after he was unsuccessful by eating the tainted meat?
7. What happened to make Manech become afraid of everything?
8. What happened when the doctor was brought to tend to the men's wounds?
9. What did Tina learn about the man in the hospital?
10. Why did Tina Kill Lovrouye and the others and how does she feel about her actions?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)