|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Esperanza's commander tell him to do in regards to Bingo Crepuscule?
(a) Report on the success of his mission there.
(b) Forget everything that happened there.
(c) Tell him about the captain's reluctance to follow orders there.
(d) Write down the events that happened there.
2. Who wrote the strangest of all of the letters?
(d) Common Law.
3. Who writes to Mathilde in January of 1920?
(a) Celestin Poux.
(b) Benjamin Gordes.
(c) Veronique Passavant.
(d) Captain Favourier.
4. What decision does Therese make that she believes Six-Soux would approve of?
(a) The decision to leave.
(b) The decision to keep the money.
(c) The decision to marry.
(d) The decision to send her daughters away.
5. What did Biscuit and Eskimo have in common?
(a) They both loved to cook.
(b) They both were condemned prisoners.
(c) They were both woodworkers.
(d) They both loved Vera.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mathilde hire Germain to find?
2. What was Pierre-Marie's opinion of the events that Esperanza said happened at the trench Bingo after he completed his research?
3. What did the captain wish Esperanza had done with the condemned men?
4. What is Bastoche's nickname?
5. What does Pierre-Marie try to convince Mathilde to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Corporal Urbain tell Juliette about her son's death?
2. Where does Mathilde spend much of her time and who looks after her?
3. What information did Poux have about the Eskimo?
4. What did Gerstacker learn as he was led across no-man's-land?
5. When Mathilde looks through the package Esperanza has given her what does she see?
6. Where was Angel before the war and how did he end up in the war?
7. How does the first meeting between Mathilde and Elodie Gordes go and what does Elodie promise Mathilde?
8. What happened to make Manech become afraid of everything?
9. What suggestion from a fellow soldier did Manech follow after he was unsuccessful by eating the tainted meat?
10. What happened when the doctor was brought to tend to the men's wounds?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)