|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was this novel made into a French film?
2. How many men does Pierre-Marie tell Esperanza were condemned to death after being convicted of self-mutilation?
3. Who does Six-Soux send his letter to?
(a) A business associate.
(b) A lover.
(c) His wife.
(d) A friend.
4. What did Esperanza's commander tell him to do in regards to Bingo Crepuscule?
(a) Report on the success of his mission there.
(b) Write down the events that happened there.
(c) Forget everything that happened there.
(d) Tell him about the captain's reluctance to follow orders there.
5. What had the captain been before the war?
(a) Prison guard.
(b) History teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Elodie give Mathilde much information?
2. What season is it as this novel opens?
3. What did the woman believe about Veronique?
4. Which of the following characters was a private investigator who offered Mathilde his services?
5. Which man readily admitted to Esperanza that he had committed self-mutilation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Newfoundland soldiers find between Bingo and the German trench?
2. What does Germain try to persuade Mathilde to do and what does he suggest to encourage her further?
3. What was Six-Soux's goal and what decision did he make as a result of not achieving his goal?
4. What did Poux remember about Six-Soux?
5. Who does Mathilde employ and for what purpose in November of 1919?
6. What type of man was Six-Soux and what was his job before the war?
7. What did Poux see about Mathilde and what did he recommend?
8. Why was Bastoche in the trench and what really happened?
9. What did the Newfoundland soldiers do with the dead?
10. What information was Favart able to share with Tina?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)