|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was not one of the items Manech had requested from the cook?
(b) Hot chocolate.
2. What belief does Captain Favourier have about the men?
(a) That they died quickly.
(b) That all five are still alive.
(c) That they will forgive him.
(d) That they moved over to the other side.
3. Which of the following characters did not believe in the war when he was assigned his number?
(c) Common Law.
4. What does Manech wear as he walks with the others?
(a) A hat taken from a dead soldier.
(b) A look of intense grief.
(c) A blood smear from his friend.
(d) A faraway smile.
5. What question did Germain Pier's letter answer for Mathilde?
(a) If Gordes was one of the condemned men.
(b) If Gordes was indeed related to Poux.
(c) If Gordes was wearing German boots.
(d) If Gordes was indeed dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the strangest of all of the letters?
2. What did Elodie reveal about her love of Benjamin in her letter to Mathilde?
3. What did Esperanza's commander tell him to do in regards to Bingo Crepuscule?
4. Where did Leprince suggest Mathilde look for Celestin?
5. What happened when Mathilde sent a letter to the wife of The Man?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Six-Soux's goal and what decision did he make as a result of not achieving his goal?
2. What is Esperanza dying from and how does it affect what he tells Mathilde?
3. When did Mariette receive the notice about her husband's death and what did she do as a result of the notice?
4. What does Mathilde believe happened after Gordes had been killed?
5. How did Mrs. Desrochelles react when she was told her son was killed in the war?
6. Who has the strangest letter and what does it talk about?
7. How did Madam Conte describe Valentina and what insight did she provide about Valentina's childhood?
8. What do the Newfoundland soldiers find between Bingo and the German trench?
9. Who does Mathilde employ and for what purpose in November of 1919?
10. What request does Benjamin make of Elodie?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)