|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had the captain been before the war?
(b) History teacher.
(d) Prison guard.
2. Where did Leprince suggest Mathilde look for Celestin?
(c) Le Boisseau.
3. Who does Mathilde hire Germain to find?
(a) Celestin Poux.
(d) Tina Lambardi.
4. Where does Mathilde go to meet Elodies Gordes?
5. Why does the smile make the other men uncomfortable?
(a) Because it has an eerie look to it.
(b) Because they know he is being led to his death.
(c) Because even as he yells, he smiles.
(d) Because it does not reach his eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pierre-Marie try to convince Mathilde to do?
2. How bad was the falling out between Gordes and Eskimo according to Boisseau?
3. What did Little Louis learn about Biscuit?
4. Why was Valentina upset with her godmother?
5. What does Pierre-Marie report happened to the condemned men?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Corporal who shot Common Law claim really happened?
2. What information did Leprince share about Poux?
3. What does the typed list show?
4. What does Elodie explain in her letter?
5. What did Tina learn about the man in the hospital?
6. Where does Mathilde spend much of her time and who looks after her?
7. What happens when Manech tells Mathilde that he has to leave soon for war?
8. What was inside the tin and what information did it provide?
9. What type of man was Six-Soux and what was his job before the war?
10. What is Esperanza dying from and how does it affect what he tells Mathilde?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)