|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Little Louis believe the fight between Eskimo and Vera was about?
(b) Another woman.
(d) Eskimo's bad habits.
2. What information did Urbain Chardolot share with Mathilde?
(a) That she has done some work for Gordes's wife.
(b) That she is aware that Celestin is alive.
(c) That her son told her that she had seen all five of them dead in the snow.
(d) That she has seen Manech with her own eyes.
3. Why did Cornflower try to eat tainted meat?
(a) To kill himself.
(b) To avoid being killed by an enemy soldier.
(c) To make himself appear jaundiced.
(d) As penance for suriving when his friend did not.
4. What did the enemy side throw out over no-man's-land?
5. Who was the only man not to answer to his name according to Captain Favourier's letter?
(b) Common Law.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Esperanza allow the condemned men do as they ate?
2. Which of the following characters was a private investigator who offered Mathilde his services?
3. Where does Mathilde go to meet Elodies Gordes?
4. What season is it as this novel opens?
5. How long does Pierre-Marie investigate Esperanza's story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Veronique Passavant tell Mathilde about Eskimo?
2. What does Mathilde believe happened after Gordes had been killed?
3. What did the enemy do to the soldiers who were killed?
4. How did Madam Conte describe Valentina and what insight did she provide about Valentina's childhood?
5. What information did Leprince share about Poux?
6. What does Germain try to persuade Mathilde to do and what does he suggest to encourage her further?
7. What does the letter Pire sends to Mathilde later tell her about Manech?
8. What does Mathilde's father agree to do for her, Sylvain and Benedicte?
9. What does Little Louis tell Mathilde about Eskimo and Veronique?
10. Why did Tina Kill Lovrouye and the others and how does she feel about her actions?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)