|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mathilde gain information about Mariette's whereabouts?
(a) She writes to the priest who married them.
(b) She talks to her young son, Baptistin.
(c) She goes to visit her in Paris.
(d) She goes back to visit Esperanza.
2. Where did Mariette Notre-Dame go when she left for good leaving no forwarding address?
(a) Train station.
(d) A taxi out of the country.
3. Why doesn't Elodie give Mathilde much information?
(a) She is too embarrassed.
(b) She is afraid she'll lose her pension.
(c) She does not trust Mathilde.
(d) She is too emotionally heartbroken.
4. What year did Biscuit and Eskimo stop being friends?
5. What did Little Louis learn about Biscuit?
(a) He lived in Paris.
(b) He also died in the war.
(c) He had fled to America.
(d) He married Vera.
Short Answer Questions
1. What information did Urbain Chardolot share with Mathilde?
2. How old is Mathilde at this point in the novel?
3. What was Bastoche's job before he joined the army?
4. Who wrote the strangest of all of the letters?
5. Why does Germain say he will find Poux for no extra cost?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mathilde's father agree to do for her, Sylvain and Benedicte?
2. What does Little Louis tell Mathilde about Eskimo and Veronique?
3. Why did Tina Kill Lovrouye and the others and how does she feel about her actions?
4. What steps does Mathilde do to disprove Pierre-Marie's findings?
5. What did Corporal Urbain tell Juliette about her son's death?
6. What is Esperanza dying from and how does it affect what he tells Mathilde?
7. What happened to make Manech become afraid of everything?
8. What did Valentina tell Madam Conte about Nino and what did she say about revenge?
9. What information was Favart able to share with Tina?
10. What information did Poux have about the Eskimo?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)