|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Biscuit and Eskimo have in common?
(a) They both were condemned prisoners.
(b) They both loved to cook.
(c) They were both woodworkers.
(d) They both loved Vera.
2. What did the woman believe about Veronique?
(a) That she was hiding something from her.
(b) That Veronique was making up stories.
(c) That she was constantly talking to Eskimo.
(d) That Veronique thought she was crazy.
3. What is the young French woman in this novel searching for?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her fiance.
4. Why doesn't Elodie give Mathilde much information?
(a) She is too emotionally heartbroken.
(b) She is too embarrassed.
(c) She is afraid she'll lose her pension.
(d) She does not trust Mathilde.
5. Where does Mathilde go to meet Elodies Gordes?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Germain say he will find Poux for no extra cost?
2. Why did Cornflower try to eat tainted meat?
3. Which of the following characters is from Paris?
4. What decision does Therese make that she believes Six-Soux would approve of?
5. What does Mathilde do when she gets home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information was Favart able to share with Tina?
2. What does Germain try to persuade Mathilde to do and what does he suggest to encourage her further?
3. Who has the strangest letter and what does it talk about?
4. What was inside the tin and what information did it provide?
5. How did Veronique feel about the visitor who came asking questions about Eskimo?
6. What name had Tina been given and what did she admit to doing?
7. What does Veronique Passavant tell Mathilde about Eskimo?
8. What did Angel and another man agree to after Angel's request to return to jail was denied and what happened?
9. Where does Mathilde spend much of her time and who looks after her?
10. What does Mathilde's father agree to do for her, Sylvain and Benedicte?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)