|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Mr. Leprince write to Mathilde?
(a) He was Manech's commanding officer.
(b) He wanted to talk to her about Esperanza.
(c) He was responding to her newspaper ad.
(d) He knew where Manech was hiding.
2. How old is Mathilde at this point in the novel?
3. What belief does Captain Favourier have about the men?
(a) That they will forgive him.
(b) That they died quickly.
(c) That they moved over to the other side.
(d) That all five are still alive.
4. What does Pierre-Marie believe about Esperanza's story?
(a) He thinks it is a tall tale.
(b) He thinks it is all a lie.
(c) He thinks that Mathilde is telling it wrong.
(d) He thinks it is a sad story.
5. Which of the following characters did not believe in the war when he was assigned his number?
(d) Common Law.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Angel write his letter to?
2. What did the captain wish Esperanza had done with the condemned men?
3. What is Daniel Esperanza dying from?
4. Which of the following is not one of the things Esperanza gives to Mathilde as she leaves?
5. What year did Biscuit and Eskimo stop being friends?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Six-Soux's goal and what decision did he make as a result of not achieving his goal?
2. Why did one of the dead not have a wounded hand?
3. What name had Tina been given and what did she admit to doing?
4. What does Elodie explain in her letter?
5. Who has the strangest letter and what does it talk about?
6. What did Poux see about Mathilde and what did he recommend?
7. What information was Favart able to share with Tina?
8. What did Gerstacker learn as he was led across no-man's-land?
9. How do Sylvain and Benedicte feel about Manech and why do they feel this way?
10. What confuses the priest about Mathilde's question?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)