|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not one of the things Esperanza gives to Mathilde as she leaves?
(a) Copies of the condemned men's letters.
(b) The names of the recipients of the condemned men's letters.
(c) A group picture of the condemned men.
(d) The typed list of the condemned men.
2. How did Elodie feel about Eskimo?
3. What does Eskimo want to be given to his lover?
(a) The deed to his house.
(b) The items he has hidden in his safe.
(c) All of his savings and an apology.
(d) The news of his death.
4. Who does Six-Soux send his letter to?
(a) A lover.
(b) His wife.
(c) A friend.
(d) A business associate.
5. Why wouldn't Manech's captain let him go home?
(a) He didn't trust him.
(b) He wanted him punished.
(c) He didn't like him.
(d) He needed more soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters was a private investigator who offered Mathilde his services?
2. Who wrote the strangest of all of the letters?
3. Where did Mariette Notre-Dame go when she left for good leaving no forwarding address?
4. From what country is the author of this novel?
5. What did Little Louis learn about Biscuit?
Short Essay Questions
1. What suggestion from a fellow soldier did Manech follow after he was unsuccessful by eating the tainted meat?
2. What does Mathilde believe happened after Gordes had been killed?
3. What did the Newfoundland soldiers do with the dead?
4. What was inside the tin and what information did it provide?
5. Who tells Mathilde that Manech has been killed?
6. What confuses the priest about Mathilde's question?
7. How did Veronique feel about the visitor who came asking questions about Eskimo?
8. What does Little Louis tell Mathilde about Eskimo and Veronique?
9. What steps does Mathilde do to disprove Pierre-Marie's findings?
10. When Esperanza chose his ten men, how long had they been traveling?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)