|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Manech wear as he walks with the others?
(a) A hat taken from a dead soldier.
(b) A faraway smile.
(c) A blood smear from his friend.
(d) A look of intense grief.
2. Who does Angel write his letter to?
(a) His friend.
(b) His wife.
(c) His mother.
(d) His lover.
3. What did Esperanza allow the condemned men do as they ate?
(a) Write a final letter to whomever they wished.
(b) Escape from the trench and other soldiers.
(c) Write out their last will and testimate.
(d) Use the telephone to call whomever they wished.
4. Which of the following characters did not believe in the war when he was assigned his number?
(b) Common Law.
5. How many men accompanied the condemned men to the trench?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Bastoche's job before he joined the army?
2. What belief does Captain Favourier have about the men?
3. What did Mathilde learn from Valentia about Ange's death?
4. What does Mathilde do when she gets home?
5. Who wrote the strangest of all of the letters?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Poux see about Mathilde and what did he recommend?
2. What does the typed list show?
3. What information did Poux have about the Eskimo?
4. What does Mathilde believe happened after Gordes had been killed?
5. When did Mariette receive the notice about her husband's death and what did she do as a result of the notice?
6. What did Valentina tell Madam Conte about Nino and what did she say about revenge?
7. What suggestion from a fellow soldier did Manech follow after he was unsuccessful by eating the tainted meat?
8. What name had Tina been given and what did she admit to doing?
9. How did Veronique feel about the visitor who came asking questions about Eskimo?
10. What happened when the doctor was brought to tend to the men's wounds?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)