|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mathilde let read all of the information she collected in the mahogany box?
(d) Her father.
2. What happened to Desrochelles after he was cared for at the military hospital?
(a) He moved in with Tina.
(b) He died in the hospital.
(c) He went to live with his lover.
(d) He went home with his widowed mother.
3. What does Pier ask Mathilde to do in regards to Juliette?
(a) Report her to the police.
(b) To let her continue to raise Manech.
(c) Meet with her to see her point of view.
(d) Forgive her actions.
4. Who contacted Pierre-Marie?
(a) Tins'a mother.
(b) The executioner.
(d) Tina's lawyer.
5. What does the farmer who now owns the land say a young girl dug up?
(c) A tin.
6. How does Mathilde find Benoit?
(a) She stops at the school and asks about his son.
(b) She walks around the town asking.
(c) She talks to the priest.
(d) She has her lawyer contact him.
7. How does Manech mark the occasion of his and Mathilde's engagement?
(a) By writing three Ms on his arm.
(b) By annoucing it to Sylvain and Benedicte.
(c) By running outside and yelling it to the world.
(d) By carving three Ms in a tree.
8. What was the name of the code that Mathilde thinks Benoit's letter is written in?
9. Why did Benoit consider harming Mathilde?
(a) He thought she was working with his enemies.
(b) He thought she had killed his wife.
(c) He thought she was going to harm him.
(d) He thought she might endanger his freedom.
10. What did Nino's code tell Tina?
(a) How he escaped.
(b) Where he was and that he was in trouble.
(c) What steps she needed to take.
(d) What he was doing.
11. Who does Mathilde get a telegram from?
12. What does Pire's second telegram say?
(a) That Manech is dead.
(b) That he found Manech alive.
(c) That Pire is coming to visit her.
(d) That he cannot find Manech.
13. What does Manech offer to teach Mathilde to do?
14. What did Poux hear about Manech's body from another soldier?
(a) It was found shot through the back.
(b) It had a self-inflicted gun shot wound.
(c) It was riddled with enemy bullets.
(d) It was never found.
15. What does Pire think happened to Valentina?
(a) She is purposely hiding from him.
(b) She has grown cruel.
(c) She has died.
(d) She has left the country.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pier have to do to get the painting of the mimosas?
2. With what does the story end?
3. On what day of the week did they arrive?
4. Which of the following would not happen to Manech if he was proven not to be Jean?
5. How does Poux arrive to see Mathilde?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)