|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pire think happened to Valentina?
(a) She is purposely hiding from him.
(b) She has died.
(c) She has grown cruel.
(d) She has left the country.
2. How old was Mathilde when she first met Manech?
3. What is Manech doing when Mathilde first sees him again?
4. How does Mathilde find Benoit?
(a) She has her lawyer contact him.
(b) She talks to the priest.
(c) She stops at the school and asks about his son.
(d) She walks around the town asking.
5. What are Manech's first words to Mathilde?
(a) You can't walk?
(b) Why aren't you outside?
(c) Where are you going?
(d) Come play with me?
6. What did Nino's code tell Tina?
(a) How he escaped.
(b) Where he was and that he was in trouble.
(c) What steps she needed to take.
(d) What he was doing.
7. Why does Pire tell Mathilde to stop searching for Tina?
(a) To save herself some money.
(b) To let the dead rest in peace.
(c) For her own safety.
(d) For her own sanity.
8. How does Manech mark the occasion of his and Mathilde's engagement?
(a) By annoucing it to Sylvain and Benedicte.
(b) By running outside and yelling it to the world.
(c) By carving three Ms in a tree.
(d) By writing three Ms on his arm.
9. What happened to Desrochelles after he was cared for at the military hospital?
(a) He went to live with his lover.
(b) He moved in with Tina.
(c) He died in the hospital.
(d) He went home with his widowed mother.
10. What does Manech offer to teach Mathilde to do?
11. Who does Mathilde get a telegram from?
12. What is Poux's nickname?
(a) The army one.
(b) Terror of the army.
(c) The nightmare.
(d) The man.
13. Who was Heinz Gerstacker?
(a) A German man who sold his boots.
(b) A German soldier who was taken prisoner.
(c) A German soldier who witnessed Manech's death.
(d) A German man who killed Manech.
14. What did Poux hear about Manech's body from another soldier?
(a) It was found shot through the back.
(b) It was never found.
(c) It was riddled with enemy bullets.
(d) It had a self-inflicted gun shot wound.
15. What did Poux say that he remembered a man who had lost his mind doing?
(a) Grab Eskimo's gun and shoot himself in the eye.
(b) Build a snowman in the middle of no-man's-land.
(c) Run toward the enemy laughing hysterically.
(d) Run back and forth across no-man's-land.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why didn't Poux see Manech die?
2. On what day of the week did they arrive?
3. What does Pier have to do to get the painting of the mimosas?
4. What does the farmer who now owns the land say a young girl dug up?
5. What does Pier ask Mathilde to do in regards to Juliette?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)