|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did it take before Gunther's commanding officer came to explain how he died?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 2 days.
(c) 2 months.
(d) 2 years.
2. How many Newfoundland soldiers arrived at Bingo?
3. How long does Poux stay with Mathilde?
(a) A long time.
(b) A few hours.
(c) One full day.
(d) A week.
4. Why does Pire tell Mathilde to stop searching for Tina?
(a) For her own safety.
(b) To let the dead rest in peace.
(c) For her own sanity.
(d) To save herself some money.
5. What did Nino's code tell Tina?
(a) How he escaped.
(b) Where he was and that he was in trouble.
(c) What he was doing.
(d) What steps she needed to take.
6. How old was Mathilde when she first met Manech?
7. Who contacted Pierre-Marie?
(a) Tins'a mother.
(b) Tina's lawyer.
(c) The executioner.
8. How long did Manech receive training before he was sent to the front as a foot soldier?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) A month.
(c) About a year.
(d) Less than a week.
9. What does Pire's second telegram say?
(a) That he cannot find Manech.
(b) That he found Manech alive.
(c) That Manech is dead.
(d) That Pire is coming to visit her.
10. Where does Mathilde believe Mariette went to meet Benoit?
(c) Gare de l'Est.
11. How does Sylvain know to look in the newspaper for information?
(a) He was looking at the paper anyway.
(b) He heard the commotion behind him.
(c) He receives a call.
(d) He received a letter.
12. Whose idea was it for Tina to become a prostitute?
(b) Her godmother's.
(c) Nino's father's.
13. What is Poux's nickname?
(a) The army one.
(b) The nightmare.
(c) The man.
(d) Terror of the army.
14. What happened to Desrochelles after he was cared for at the military hospital?
(a) He moved in with Tina.
(b) He went home with his widowed mother.
(c) He went to live with his lover.
(d) He died in the hospital.
15. Where did the Newfoundland soldiers find the bodies of the men?
(a) Within the Bingo trench.
(b) Huddled in a basement near Bingo.
(c) Inside of the German trench.
(d) Between Bingo and the German trench.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose identification did the man with no injury to his hand wear?
2. Why did Heidi Weiss come to Bingo?
3. What does Pier have to do to get the painting of the mimosas?
4. How much older than Manech was Jean Desrochelles?
5. At what time of day did the Newfoundland soldiers arrive at Bingo?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)