|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mathilde believe had enacted the plan to exchange the boots?
(c) The Man.
2. What does Mathilde ask of her father that he agrees to?
(a) To try and save Manech.
(b) To let her move near Milly-La-Forte.
(c) To press charges against Julliette.
(d) To help her gain a new identity.
3. Why did the enemy start fighting more after the biplane crashed?
(a) The enemy thought the condemed were armed.
(b) Retaliation for crashing the plane.
(c) Everyone was devasted that Eskimo would do what he did.
(d) The men in Bingo fired more ammunition.
4. What is Poux's nickname?
(a) Terror of the army.
(b) The nightmare.
(c) The army one.
(d) The man.
5. What are Manech's first words to Mathilde?
(a) Why aren't you outside?
(b) Where are you going?
(c) Come play with me?
(d) You can't walk?
6. What happened to Desrochelles after he was cared for at the military hospital?
(a) He died in the hospital.
(b) He went to live with his lover.
(c) He went home with his widowed mother.
(d) He moved in with Tina.
7. What does Pire think happened to Valentina?
(a) She has grown cruel.
(b) She has died.
(c) She is purposely hiding from him.
(d) She has left the country.
8. How long after their engagement does Manech leave for the war?
(a) Almost a month.
(b) The very next day.
(c) Less than a week.
(d) About three weeks.
9. Why can't Mathilde contact Favart?
(a) Tina didn't know where he was.
(b) He left for America.
(c) He died.
(d) He was in an asylum.
10. Who called Sylvain?
11. Whose idea was it for Tina to become a prostitute?
(a) Nino's father's.
(c) Her godmother's.
12. Whose identification did the man with no injury to his hand wear?
(d) The Man.
13. Where did the medical orderly tell Tina he saw one of the condemned men alive?
14. What does Pier have to do to get the painting of the mimosas?
(a) Find Desrochelles alive.
(b) Locate the soldier who saw Desrochelle with the red glove.
(c) Find the medical orderly in the hospital who Tina talked to.
(d) Find the German boots.
15. What did Poux say that he remembered a man who had lost his mind doing?
(a) Build a snowman in the middle of no-man's-land.
(b) Grab Eskimo's gun and shoot himself in the eye.
(c) Run toward the enemy laughing hysterically.
(d) Run back and forth across no-man's-land.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Benoit wake up to?
2. Where did the Newfoundland soldiers find the bodies of the men?
3. What does Mathilde do when she sees Manech for the first time?
4. How does Mathilde respond when Manech offers to be her friend?
5. Who does Mathilde get a telegram from?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)