|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Poux say that he remembered a man who had lost his mind doing?
(a) Run back and forth across no-man's-land.
(b) Run toward the enemy laughing hysterically.
(c) Grab Eskimo's gun and shoot himself in the eye.
(d) Build a snowman in the middle of no-man's-land.
2. What did Benoit hear someone yell as the shelling continued?
(a) French soldiers yelling shit.
(b) Gordes was also still alive.
(c) Eskimo was dead.
(d) Manech was still alive.
3. What did Poux witness Common Law do once he left the trench?
(a) Tell the enemy he would sell them secrets.
(b) Run toward the enemy saying he surrendered.
(c) Dive back into the trench and beg for mercy.
(d) Hide behind a wall and pray to God.
4. What are Manech's first words to Mathilde?
(a) Why aren't you outside?
(b) Come play with me?
(c) You can't walk?
(d) Where are you going?
5. Who is caring for Manech now?
(a) His new wife.
(b) Desrochelles's mother.
(c) Urbain Chardolot.
(d) No one.
6. How long did Poux stay with Mathilde at her villa?
(a) 7 days.
(b) 12 days.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 1 month.
7. How long does Poux stay with Mathilde?
(a) A week.
(b) A few hours.
(c) A long time.
(d) One full day.
8. How does Mathilde respond when Manech offers to be her friend?
(a) She turns away from him.
(b) She tells him she's not allowed to talk to boys.
(c) She declines rudely.
(d) She asks him why he wants to be her friend.
9. Who called Sylvain?
10. Why does the sergeant think things were taken from the bodies?
(a) To be able to survive.
(b) To sell for food.
(c) As souvenirs.
(d) To prove identity.
11. Why does Poux believe That Man died first?
(a) He saw him being shot 15 times and falling into the snow.
(b) He saw him crawl behind a pile of bricks as the enemy machine gun made 15 passes.
(c) He saw him dive back into the trench and be thrown back up into the air.
(d) He saw him riddled with bullets and fall back into the trench covered in blood.
12. Which of the following would not happen to Manech if he was proven not to be Jean?
(a) Manech would lose his mind.
(b) Juliette would die from grief.
(c) Manech would go to prison for life.
(d) Mathilde would be married to him.
13. Why did Heidi Weiss come to Bingo?
(a) To see the area where her father was killed.
(b) To find out the truth about her husband's death.
(c) To search for her long lost love.
(d) To mourn over her brother's grave.
14. What does Manech offer to teach Mathilde to do?
15. How does Manech mark the occasion of his and Mathilde's engagement?
(a) By annoucing it to Sylvain and Benedicte.
(b) By carving three Ms in a tree.
(c) By running outside and yelling it to the world.
(d) By writing three Ms on his arm.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does the story end?
2. Why did Benoit consider harming Mathilde?
3. Who crushed Tina's hope of finding her lover alive?
4. What is Manech doing when Mathilde first sees him again?
5. Which of the following literary terms best describes how this novel ends?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)