|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did it take Mathilde to uncover the truth?
(a) 7 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 5 years.
2. How long did Manech receive training before he was sent to the front as a foot soldier?
(a) A month.
(b) Less than a week.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) About a year.
3. How does Sylvain know to look in the newspaper for information?
(a) He receives a call.
(b) He heard the commotion behind him.
(c) He received a letter.
(d) He was looking at the paper anyway.
4. Why does the sergeant think things were taken from the bodies?
(a) To sell for food.
(b) To be able to survive.
(c) To prove identity.
(d) As souvenirs.
5. Who was Heinz Gerstacker?
(a) A German man who killed Manech.
(b) A German man who sold his boots.
(c) A German soldier who witnessed Manech's death.
(d) A German soldier who was taken prisoner.
6. Who is caring for Manech now?
(a) No one.
(b) His new wife.
(c) Desrochelles's mother.
(d) Urbain Chardolot.
7. What did Benoit hear someone yell as the shelling continued?
(a) Eskimo was dead.
(b) French soldiers yelling shit.
(c) Gordes was also still alive.
(d) Manech was still alive.
8. Who called Sylvain?
9. Where did the medical orderly tell Tina he saw one of the condemned men alive?
10. How long did Poux stay with Mathilde at her villa?
(a) 1 month.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) 7 days.
(d) 12 days.
11. How does Mathilde respond when Manech offers to be her friend?
(a) She asks him why he wants to be her friend.
(b) She declines rudely.
(c) She turns away from him.
(d) She tells him she's not allowed to talk to boys.
12. What was the name of the code that Mathilde thinks Benoit's letter is written in?
13. Who does Mathilde get a telegram from?
14. What did Nino's code tell Tina?
(a) Where he was and that he was in trouble.
(b) What he was doing.
(c) How he escaped.
(d) What steps she needed to take.
15. What could be said to be the theme for the remainder of the year for Mathilde?
(a) New information.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who contacted Pierre-Marie?
2. What is the last thing Manech remembers?
3. Why does Poux believe That Man died first?
4. What did Poux hear about Manech's body from another soldier?
5. Who told Heidi about how the five men had died?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)