|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose identification did the man with no injury to his hand wear?
(a) The Man.
2. Whose idea was it for Tina to become a prostitute?
(c) Nino's father's.
(d) Her godmother's.
3. What information did Tina share about Layrouye?
(a) He was the one who had killed the men.
(b) He sentenced them to death.
(c) He lied about the men's pardon.
(d) It was his idea to throw them over the trench.
4. Who does Mathilde believe had enacted the plan to exchange the boots?
(d) The Man.
5. Who called Sylvain?
6. What are Manech's first words to Mathilde?
(a) What are you doing here?
(b) Who are you?
(c) You can't walk?
(d) Where have you been?
7. What would Mathilde need to be able to decode the letter from Benoit?
(a) The original letter.
(b) The key to the code.
(c) More information about Benoit.
(d) A magnifying glass.
8. Why did Benoit consider harming Mathilde?
(a) He thought she had killed his wife.
(b) He thought she might endanger his freedom.
(c) He thought she was going to harm him.
(d) He thought she was working with his enemies.
9. Who told Heidi about how the five men had died?
(a) Her lover's commanding officer.
(b) Her father's commanding officer.
(c) Her brother's commanding officer.
(d) Her husband's commanding officer.
10. How do Poux and Mathilde get along?
(a) They do not trust each other.
(b) They have an instant camaraderie.
(c) They do not like each other.
(d) They fall deeply in love.
11. How long after their engagement does Manech leave for the war?
(a) Less than a week.
(b) The very next day.
(c) Almost a month.
(d) About three weeks.
12. Why did the enemy start fighting more after the biplane crashed?
(a) Everyone was devasted that Eskimo would do what he did.
(b) The men in Bingo fired more ammunition.
(c) The enemy thought the condemed were armed.
(d) Retaliation for crashing the plane.
13. What could be said to be the theme for the remainder of the year for Mathilde?
(a) New information.
14. Where does Mathilde believe Mariette went to meet Benoit?
(d) Gare de l'Est.
15. What does Manech offer to teach Mathilde to do?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the medical orderly tell Tina he saw one of the condemned men alive?
2. Why does Pierre-Marie contact Mathilde?
3. Why did Juliette send Mathilde a letter?
4. Why did Eskimo and Manech go off in another direction from Benoit?
5. What did Poux witness Common Law do once he left the trench?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)