|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pire's second telegram say?
(a) That Manech is dead.
(b) That he found Manech alive.
(c) That he cannot find Manech.
(d) That Pire is coming to visit her.
2. With what does the story end?
(a) Manech's memory returning.
(b) Mathilde's marriage to Manech.
(c) A diary entry by Mathilde.
(d) The final events of the night of Bingo.
3. What is Manech doing when Mathilde first sees him again?
4. How do the soldiers bury the men?
(a) In shallow graves.
(d) In a newly made cemetary.
5. At what time of day did the Newfoundland soldiers arrive at Bingo?
(a) 8:00 am.
(b) 4:00 pm.
(c) 10:00 am.
(d) 1:00 pm.
6. Why did Tina agree to be a prostitute?
(a) It was an exciting profession.
(b) They needed the money.
(c) Nino like the idea.
(d) It was the only work she could do.
7. Who does Mathilde let read all of the information she collected in the mahogany box?
(a) Her father.
8. Why did Juliette send Mathilde a letter?
(a) To dissuade her from searching for Manech.
(b) To throw her off of their track.
(c) To provide a false story to cover her ruse.
(d) To reveal the truth about Manech.
9. How long does Poux stay with Mathilde?
(a) A long time.
(b) A few hours.
(c) One full day.
(d) A week.
10. What did Benoit hear someone yell as the shelling continued?
(a) Manech was still alive.
(b) Gordes was also still alive.
(c) French soldiers yelling shit.
(d) Eskimo was dead.
11. How many Newfoundland soldiers arrived at Bingo?
12. How many soldiers are found without an injured hand?
13. Why did the enemy start fighting more after the biplane crashed?
(a) The men in Bingo fired more ammunition.
(b) The enemy thought the condemed were armed.
(c) Everyone was devasted that Eskimo would do what he did.
(d) Retaliation for crashing the plane.
14. Why does Pierre-Marie contact Mathilde?
(a) He wanted her to know that Tina wrote a letter to Mathilde.
(b) He wanted her to know what happened to Tina.
(c) He was telling her to come home immediately.
(d) He was telling her information about her father.
15. Why can't Mathilde contact Favart?
(a) He was in an asylum.
(b) He left for America.
(c) He died.
(d) Tina didn't know where he was.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Manech's first words to Mathilde?
2. What did Benoit wake up to?
3. When did Gunther Weiss die?
4. Where did the Newfoundland soldiers find the bodies of the men?
5. How long after their engagement does Manech leave for the war?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)