|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Benoit consider harming Mathilde?
(a) He thought she might endanger his freedom.
(b) He thought she was working with his enemies.
(c) He thought she had killed his wife.
(d) He thought she was going to harm him.
2. What did the Eskimo do in regards to the biplane?
(a) Pointed at it and laughed.
(b) Threw a grenade at it.
(c) Fired a machine gun at it.
(d) Threw a flare at it, setting it on fire.
3. Why does the sergeant think things were taken from the bodies?
(a) To sell for food.
(b) As souvenirs.
(c) To be able to survive.
(d) To prove identity.
4. Why did Tina agree to be a prostitute?
(a) They needed the money.
(b) It was the only work she could do.
(c) Nino like the idea.
(d) It was an exciting profession.
5. How old was Mathilde when she first met Manech?
6. How does Manech mark the occasion of his and Mathilde's engagement?
(a) By annoucing it to Sylvain and Benedicte.
(b) By carving three Ms in a tree.
(c) By writing three Ms on his arm.
(d) By running outside and yelling it to the world.
7. How long did it take before Gunther's commanding officer came to explain how he died?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 2 days.
8. Who was Heinz Gerstacker?
(a) A German soldier who was taken prisoner.
(b) A German soldier who witnessed Manech's death.
(c) A German man who killed Manech.
(d) A German man who sold his boots.
9. Why didn't Poux see Manech die?
(a) He didn't know which one was Manech.
(b) He was often fetching things for other soldiers.
(c) He couldn't look at such devastation.
(d) He couldn't see outside of the trench.
10. How long does Poux stay with Mathilde?
(a) A week.
(b) One full day.
(c) A long time.
(d) A few hours.
11. What is the last thing Manech remembers?
(a) Waking up in the hospital.
(b) Being tossed over the top of the trench.
(c) Living with his mother.
(d) Leaving to go to the war.
12. With what does the story end?
(a) The final events of the night of Bingo.
(b) Mathilde's marriage to Manech.
(c) A diary entry by Mathilde.
(d) Manech's memory returning.
13. Why does Pire tell Mathilde to stop searching for Tina?
(a) For her own sanity.
(b) To save herself some money.
(c) To let the dead rest in peace.
(d) For her own safety.
14. What was the name of the code that Mathilde thinks Benoit's letter is written in?
15. What does Mathilde ask of her father that he agrees to?
(a) To press charges against Julliette.
(b) To help her gain a new identity.
(c) To let her move near Milly-La-Forte.
(d) To try and save Manech.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mathilde do when she sees Manech for the first time?
2. What did Benoit hear someone yell as the shelling continued?
3. How was Tina killed?
4. Why does Pierre-Marie contact Mathilde?
5. How does Mathilde respond when Manech offers to be her friend?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)