|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mathilde let read all of the information she collected in the mahogany box?
(d) Her father.
2. Who does Mathilde believe had enacted the plan to exchange the boots?
(c) The Man.
3. Why did Tina agree to be a prostitute?
(a) They needed the money.
(b) It was the only work she could do.
(c) Nino like the idea.
(d) It was an exciting profession.
4. Why did Benoit consider harming Mathilde?
(a) He thought she might endanger his freedom.
(b) He thought she was working with his enemies.
(c) He thought she was going to harm him.
(d) He thought she had killed his wife.
5. Which of the following is not true about Nino according to Tina?
(a) He was one of only two people who truly cared for Tina.
(b) He was sentenced to prison.
(c) He wrote his letter in the form of a code.
(d) He was a medical orderly.
6. How does Poux arrive to see Mathilde?
(a) On horseback.
(b) In a taxi.
(d) On his motorcycle.
7. What does Pier ask Mathilde to do in regards to Juliette?
(a) Report her to the police.
(b) Forgive her actions.
(c) Meet with her to see her point of view.
(d) To let her continue to raise Manech.
8. Which of the following would not happen to Manech if he was proven not to be Jean?
(a) Juliette would die from grief.
(b) Mathilde would be married to him.
(c) Manech would go to prison for life.
(d) Manech would lose his mind.
9. Why did the enemy start fighting more after the biplane crashed?
(a) The enemy thought the condemed were armed.
(b) Everyone was devasted that Eskimo would do what he did.
(c) Retaliation for crashing the plane.
(d) The men in Bingo fired more ammunition.
10. What happened to Desrochelles after he was cared for at the military hospital?
(a) He died in the hospital.
(b) He went home with his widowed mother.
(c) He went to live with his lover.
(d) He moved in with Tina.
11. What detail did the woman who explained about the five men not mention that gave Mathilde hope that Manech was still alive?
(a) That the five men were all blood.
(b) No one that looked like Manech.
(c) That they did not have bandaged hands.
(d) Lack of a red glove.
12. What does Mathilde ask of her father that he agrees to?
(a) To let her move near Milly-La-Forte.
(b) To press charges against Julliette.
(c) To help her gain a new identity.
(d) To try and save Manech.
13. Whose idea was it for Tina to become a prostitute?
(b) Nino's father's.
(c) Her godmother's.
14. What is Poux's nickname?
(a) The army one.
(b) Terror of the army.
(c) The man.
(d) The nightmare.
15. Why does Mathilde head to Somme?
(a) To talk with the private investigator.
(b) To meet with Tina.
(c) To try and find a clue as to where Manech is living.
(d) To see where Manech is buried.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name is Manech now known as?
2. What information did Tina share about Layrouye?
3. Why did Eskimo and Manech go off in another direction from Benoit?
4. How does Manech mark the occasion of his and Mathilde's engagement?
5. How does Mathilde respond when Manech offers to be her friend?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)