|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Tina write the letter to Mathilde?
(a) The first time Madam Conte told her she was trying to contact her.
(b) As she was waiting to be led to the guillotine.
(c) After Madam Conte's death.
(d) When she was visiting her lover's grave.
2. How long did it take before Gunther's commanding officer came to explain how he died?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 2 days.
(d) 2 months.
3. Which of the following would not happen to Manech if he was proven not to be Jean?
(a) Manech would go to prison for life.
(b) Mathilde would be married to him.
(c) Manech would lose his mind.
(d) Juliette would die from grief.
4. Where does Mathilde believe Mariette went to meet Benoit?
(d) Gare de l'Est.
5. Why did Tina agree to be a prostitute?
(a) It was the only work she could do.
(b) It was an exciting profession.
(c) They needed the money.
(d) Nino like the idea.
6. How long does Poux stay with Mathilde?
(a) One full day.
(b) A week.
(c) A long time.
(d) A few hours.
7. Who crushed Tina's hope of finding her lover alive?
(a) Corporal Thouvenel.
(b) Gordes Layrouye.
(c) Sergeant Favart.
(d) Gunther Weiss.
8. Which of the following literary terms best describes how this novel ends?
9. Why did the enemy start fighting more after the biplane crashed?
(a) The enemy thought the condemed were armed.
(b) The men in Bingo fired more ammunition.
(c) Everyone was devasted that Eskimo would do what he did.
(d) Retaliation for crashing the plane.
10. What name is Manech now known as?
(b) Benjamin Gordes.
(d) Jean Desrochelles.
11. How long did Poux stay with Mathilde at her villa?
(a) 1 month.
(b) 7 days.
(c) 12 days.
(d) 3 weeks.
12. Why did Eskimo and Manech go off in another direction from Benoit?
(a) To find a deeper hole.
(b) Because they didn't get along.
(c) So they wouldn't be found together.
(d) To each scout out the best location.
13. What information did Tina share about Layrouye?
(a) It was his idea to throw them over the trench.
(b) He lied about the men's pardon.
(c) He was the one who had killed the men.
(d) He sentenced them to death.
14. Why does the sergeant think things were taken from the bodies?
(a) To sell for food.
(b) To be able to survive.
(c) As souvenirs.
(d) To prove identity.
15. What did Poux witness Common Law do once he left the trench?
(a) Hide behind a wall and pray to God.
(b) Run toward the enemy saying he surrendered.
(c) Tell the enemy he would sell them secrets.
(d) Dive back into the trench and beg for mercy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Celestin agree to take Mathilde?
2. Who does Tina think traded the German boots with Eskimo?
3. How long did it take Mathilde to uncover the truth?
4. What does the sergeant tell the men that they will need to do?
5. On what day of the week did they arrive?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)