Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pier ask Mathilde to do in regards to Juliette?
(a) Report her to the police.
(b) Forgive her actions.
(c) To let her continue to raise Manech.
(d) Meet with her to see her point of view.
2. What information did Tina share about Layrouye?
(a) He lied about the men's pardon.
(b) It was his idea to throw them over the trench.
(c) He sentenced them to death.
(d) He was the one who had killed the men.
3. Why can't Mathilde contact Favart?
(a) He was in an asylum.
(b) Tina didn't know where he was.
(c) He left for America.
(d) He died.
4. What detail did the woman who explained about the five men not mention that gave Mathilde hope that Manech was still alive?
(a) No one that looked like Manech.
(b) Lack of a red glove.
(c) That the five men were all blood.
(d) That they did not have bandaged hands.
5. How old was Mathilde when she first met Manech?
6. Why did Tina agree to be a prostitute?
(a) It was the only work she could do.
(b) Nino like the idea.
(c) They needed the money.
(d) It was an exciting profession.
7. What did Nino's code tell Tina?
(a) What steps she needed to take.
(b) How he escaped.
(c) Where he was and that he was in trouble.
(d) What he was doing.
8. What are Manech's first words to Mathilde?
(a) What are you doing here?
(b) You can't walk?
(c) Where have you been?
(d) Who are you?
9. What is the last thing Manech remembers?
(a) Leaving to go to the war.
(b) Waking up in the hospital.
(c) Being tossed over the top of the trench.
(d) Living with his mother.
10. What does the sergeant tell the men that they will need to do?
(a) Leave the men be.
(b) Bury the men.
(c) Pray for the men.
(d) Move the men.
11. How was Tina killed?
12. With what does the story end?
(a) Mathilde's marriage to Manech.
(b) A diary entry by Mathilde.
(c) Manech's memory returning.
(d) The final events of the night of Bingo.
13. Why did Eskimo and Manech go off in another direction from Benoit?
(a) So they wouldn't be found together.
(b) To each scout out the best location.
(c) Because they didn't get along.
(d) To find a deeper hole.
14. When did Gunther Weiss die?
(a) The fourth day of fighting following the day the men were thrown over the trench.
(b) The second day of fighting following the day the men were thrown over the trench.
(c) The first day of fighting following the day the men were thrown over the trench.
(d) The third day of fighting following the day the men were thrown over the trench.
15. Who called Sylvain?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose idea was it for Tina to become a prostitute?
2. Who does Mathilde let read all of the information she collected in the mahogany box?
3. How does Mathilde respond when Manech offers to be her friend?
4. Which of the following would not happen to Manech if he was proven not to be Jean?
5. What is Manech doing when Mathilde first sees him again?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)