|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Manech mark the occasion of his and Mathilde's engagement?
(a) By annoucing it to Sylvain and Benedicte.
(b) By carving three Ms in a tree.
(c) By writing three Ms on his arm.
(d) By running outside and yelling it to the world.
2. What is the last thing Manech remembers?
(a) Living with his mother.
(b) Being tossed over the top of the trench.
(c) Waking up in the hospital.
(d) Leaving to go to the war.
3. Whose identification did the man with no injury to his hand wear?
(d) The Man.
4. What happened to Desrochelles after he was cared for at the military hospital?
(a) He went to live with his lover.
(b) He went home with his widowed mother.
(c) He died in the hospital.
(d) He moved in with Tina.
5. Who was Heinz Gerstacker?
(a) A German soldier who was taken prisoner.
(b) A German man who sold his boots.
(c) A German man who killed Manech.
(d) A German soldier who witnessed Manech's death.
6. What did Poux hear about Manech's body from another soldier?
(a) It was riddled with enemy bullets.
(b) It was found shot through the back.
(c) It had a self-inflicted gun shot wound.
(d) It was never found.
7. Which of the following is not true about Nino according to Tina?
(a) He wrote his letter in the form of a code.
(b) He was sentenced to prison.
(c) He was one of only two people who truly cared for Tina.
(d) He was a medical orderly.
8. How old was Mathilde when she first met Manech?
9. What did Nino's code tell Tina?
(a) What steps she needed to take.
(b) Where he was and that he was in trouble.
(c) How he escaped.
(d) What he was doing.
10. Where does Mathilde believe Mariette went to meet Benoit?
(d) Gare de l'Est.
11. What does Manech offer to teach Mathilde to do?
12. Where did the medical orderly tell Tina he saw one of the condemned men alive?
13. How long did it take before Gunther's commanding officer came to explain how he died?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 2 days.
(d) 2 years.
14. What did Benoit hear someone yell as the shelling continued?
(a) Manech was still alive.
(b) Eskimo was dead.
(c) French soldiers yelling shit.
(d) Gordes was also still alive.
15. Whose idea was it for Tina to become a prostitute?
(c) Her godmother's.
(d) Nino's father's.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many soldiers are found without an injured hand?
2. What did Poux say that he remembered a man who had lost his mind doing?
3. How long after their engagement does Manech leave for the war?
4. What does Mathilde ask of her father that he agrees to?
5. In what year do Manech and Mathilde share their first kiss?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)