|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Eskimo do in regards to the biplane?
(a) Fired a machine gun at it.
(b) Threw a grenade at it.
(c) Threw a flare at it, setting it on fire.
(d) Pointed at it and laughed.
2. Why does Pierre-Marie contact Mathilde?
(a) He was telling her information about her father.
(b) He wanted her to know what happened to Tina.
(c) He wanted her to know that Tina wrote a letter to Mathilde.
(d) He was telling her to come home immediately.
3. Why can't Mathilde contact Favart?
(a) He left for America.
(b) Tina didn't know where he was.
(c) He was in an asylum.
(d) He died.
4. Who does Mathilde get a telegram from?
5. Whose idea was it for Tina to become a prostitute?
(a) Her godmother's.
(b) Nino's father's.
6. Who is caring for Manech now?
(a) Desrochelles's mother.
(b) His new wife.
(c) No one.
(d) Urbain Chardolot.
7. Which of the following is not true about Nino according to Tina?
(a) He was sentenced to prison.
(b) He was one of only two people who truly cared for Tina.
(c) He wrote his letter in the form of a code.
(d) He was a medical orderly.
8. How long did it take Mathilde to uncover the truth?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 7 years.
9. Who was Heinz Gerstacker?
(a) A German man who sold his boots.
(b) A German soldier who was taken prisoner.
(c) A German soldier who witnessed Manech's death.
(d) A German man who killed Manech.
10. What detail did the woman who explained about the five men not mention that gave Mathilde hope that Manech was still alive?
(a) That they did not have bandaged hands.
(b) Lack of a red glove.
(c) No one that looked like Manech.
(d) That the five men were all blood.
11. What name is Manech now known as?
(b) Benjamin Gordes.
(c) Jean Desrochelles.
12. On what day of the week did they arrive?
13. Where does Mathilde believe Mariette went to meet Benoit?
(c) Gare de l'Est.
14. Who called Sylvain?
15. How much older than Manech was Jean Desrochelles?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 3 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What information did Tina share about Layrouye?
2. Why does the sergeant think things were taken from the bodies?
3. How does Manech mark the occasion of his and Mathilde's engagement?
4. Where does Celestin agree to take Mathilde?
5. What was the name of the code that Mathilde thinks Benoit's letter is written in?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)