|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Pire tell Mathilde to stop searching for Tina?
(a) For her own safety.
(b) To save herself some money.
(c) For her own sanity.
(d) To let the dead rest in peace.
2. What does Pier have to do to get the painting of the mimosas?
(a) Locate the soldier who saw Desrochelle with the red glove.
(b) Find Desrochelles alive.
(c) Find the German boots.
(d) Find the medical orderly in the hospital who Tina talked to.
3. What did Benoit wake up to?
(a) Hearing a plane overhead that was firing at the cellar he was hiding inside.
(b) A German soldier stealing his boots.
(c) Hearing people calling his name and those of the other condemned men.
(d) Rats biting his toes.
4. What is Poux's nickname?
(a) Terror of the army.
(b) The nightmare.
(c) The army one.
(d) The man.
5. What does the sergeant tell the men that they will need to do?
(a) Move the men.
(b) Bury the men.
(c) Leave the men be.
(d) Pray for the men.
6. Who does Mathilde believe had enacted the plan to exchange the boots?
(b) The Man.
7. How does Manech mark the occasion of his and Mathilde's engagement?
(a) By annoucing it to Sylvain and Benedicte.
(b) By carving three Ms in a tree.
(c) By running outside and yelling it to the world.
(d) By writing three Ms on his arm.
8. What happened to Desrochelles after he was cared for at the military hospital?
(a) He died in the hospital.
(b) He moved in with Tina.
(c) He went to live with his lover.
(d) He went home with his widowed mother.
9. Who is caring for Manech now?
(a) Urbain Chardolot.
(b) His new wife.
(c) Desrochelles's mother.
(d) No one.
10. Why did the enemy start fighting more after the biplane crashed?
(a) Retaliation for crashing the plane.
(b) The men in Bingo fired more ammunition.
(c) Everyone was devasted that Eskimo would do what he did.
(d) The enemy thought the condemed were armed.
11. What does Pier ask Mathilde to do in regards to Juliette?
(a) Meet with her to see her point of view.
(b) To let her continue to raise Manech.
(c) Report her to the police.
(d) Forgive her actions.
12. What is Manech doing when Mathilde first sees him again?
13. When did Tina write the letter to Mathilde?
(a) When she was visiting her lover's grave.
(b) After Madam Conte's death.
(c) The first time Madam Conte told her she was trying to contact her.
(d) As she was waiting to be led to the guillotine.
14. Where does Celestin agree to take Mathilde?
(b) Manech's grave.
(c) To see his commanding officer.
15. Where did the medical orderly tell Tina he saw one of the condemned men alive?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Tina agree to be a prostitute?
2. How long did Manech receive training before he was sent to the front as a foot soldier?
3. How does Mathilde find Benoit?
4. Whose identification did the man with no injury to his hand wear?
5. What did Benoit hear someone yell as the shelling continued?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)