|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Tina agree to be a prostitute?
(a) They needed the money.
(b) It was the only work she could do.
(c) Nino like the idea.
(d) It was an exciting profession.
2. What are Manech's first words to Mathilde?
(a) Where are you going?
(b) Come play with me?
(c) Why aren't you outside?
(d) You can't walk?
3. On what day of the week did they arrive?
4. What name is Manech now known as?
(b) Benjamin Gordes.
(d) Jean Desrochelles.
5. What did Poux say that he remembered a man who had lost his mind doing?
(a) Run toward the enemy laughing hysterically.
(b) Build a snowman in the middle of no-man's-land.
(c) Run back and forth across no-man's-land.
(d) Grab Eskimo's gun and shoot himself in the eye.
6. How does Mathilde find Benoit?
(a) She stops at the school and asks about his son.
(b) She has her lawyer contact him.
(c) She talks to the priest.
(d) She walks around the town asking.
7. Why does the sergeant think things were taken from the bodies?
(a) To sell for food.
(b) To prove identity.
(c) As souvenirs.
(d) To be able to survive.
8. Why did Juliette send Mathilde a letter?
(a) To throw her off of their track.
(b) To provide a false story to cover her ruse.
(c) To dissuade her from searching for Manech.
(d) To reveal the truth about Manech.
9. How does Manech mark the occasion of his and Mathilde's engagement?
(a) By running outside and yelling it to the world.
(b) By carving three Ms in a tree.
(c) By writing three Ms on his arm.
(d) By annoucing it to Sylvain and Benedicte.
10. With what does the story end?
(a) Mathilde's marriage to Manech.
(b) The final events of the night of Bingo.
(c) A diary entry by Mathilde.
(d) Manech's memory returning.
11. How old was Mathilde when she first met Manech?
12. How long did it take before Gunther's commanding officer came to explain how he died?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 2 months.
(d) 2 days.
13. Who contacted Pierre-Marie?
(a) Tins'a mother.
(b) Tina's lawyer.
(d) The executioner.
14. What does Pier ask Mathilde to do in regards to Juliette?
(a) Meet with her to see her point of view.
(b) To let her continue to raise Manech.
(c) Report her to the police.
(d) Forgive her actions.
15. Who does Mathilde get a telegram from?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Benoit consider harming Mathilde?
2. What did Nino's code tell Tina?
3. Why does Poux believe That Man died first?
4. Who told Heidi about how the five men had died?
5. Where does Mathilde believe Mariette went to meet Benoit?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)