|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the medical orderly tell Tina he saw one of the condemned men alive?
2. What would Mathilde need to be able to decode the letter from Benoit?
(a) The key to the code.
(b) The original letter.
(c) More information about Benoit.
(d) A magnifying glass.
3. What does Mathilde ask of her father that he agrees to?
(a) To help her gain a new identity.
(b) To press charges against Julliette.
(c) To let her move near Milly-La-Forte.
(d) To try and save Manech.
4. Why does Pire tell Mathilde to stop searching for Tina?
(a) For her own safety.
(b) To save herself some money.
(c) To let the dead rest in peace.
(d) For her own sanity.
5. Where does Mathilde believe Mariette went to meet Benoit?
(a) Gare de l'Est.
6. How does Manech mark the occasion of his and Mathilde's engagement?
(a) By running outside and yelling it to the world.
(b) By writing three Ms on his arm.
(c) By annoucing it to Sylvain and Benedicte.
(d) By carving three Ms in a tree.
7. Which of the following is not true about Nino according to Tina?
(a) He was sentenced to prison.
(b) He wrote his letter in the form of a code.
(c) He was one of only two people who truly cared for Tina.
(d) He was a medical orderly.
8. What did Poux hear about Manech's body from another soldier?
(a) It had a self-inflicted gun shot wound.
(b) It was riddled with enemy bullets.
(c) It was never found.
(d) It was found shot through the back.
9. What does Pire's second telegram say?
(a) That Pire is coming to visit her.
(b) That Manech is dead.
(c) That he cannot find Manech.
(d) That he found Manech alive.
10. How long did Manech receive training before he was sent to the front as a foot soldier?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) A month.
(c) Less than a week.
(d) About a year.
11. What does the sergeant tell the men that they will need to do?
(a) Leave the men be.
(b) Move the men.
(c) Pray for the men.
(d) Bury the men.
12. What does Manech offer to teach Mathilde to do?
13. How does Poux arrive to see Mathilde?
(a) In a taxi.
(b) On his motorcycle.
(d) On horseback.
14. What was the name of the code that Mathilde thinks Benoit's letter is written in?
15. What did Poux say that he remembered a man who had lost his mind doing?
(a) Grab Eskimo's gun and shoot himself in the eye.
(b) Run back and forth across no-man's-land.
(c) Run toward the enemy laughing hysterically.
(d) Build a snowman in the middle of no-man's-land.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following would not happen to Manech if he was proven not to be Jean?
2. What does Mathilde do when she sees Manech for the first time?
3. What does Pier ask Mathilde to do in regards to Juliette?
4. How was Tina killed?
5. What did Nino's code tell Tina?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)