|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Tina killed?
2. Who crushed Tina's hope of finding her lover alive?
(a) Corporal Thouvenel.
(b) Gunther Weiss.
(c) Sergeant Favart.
(d) Gordes Layrouye.
3. Which of the following is not true about Nino according to Tina?
(a) He wrote his letter in the form of a code.
(b) He was sentenced to prison.
(c) He was one of only two people who truly cared for Tina.
(d) He was a medical orderly.
4. Who called Sylvain?
5. On what day of the week did they arrive?
6. Who does Mathilde believe had enacted the plan to exchange the boots?
(b) The Man.
7. Why does Mathilde head to Somme?
(a) To see where Manech is buried.
(b) To try and find a clue as to where Manech is living.
(c) To talk with the private investigator.
(d) To meet with Tina.
8. How many Newfoundland soldiers arrived at Bingo?
9. Whose identification did the man with no injury to his hand wear?
(b) The Man.
10. How old was Mathilde when she first met Manech?
11. Why can't Mathilde contact Favart?
(a) Tina didn't know where he was.
(b) He left for America.
(c) He died.
(d) He was in an asylum.
12. Who contacted Pierre-Marie?
(a) The executioner.
(c) Tins'a mother.
(d) Tina's lawyer.
13. What did Poux witness Common Law do once he left the trench?
(a) Dive back into the trench and beg for mercy.
(b) Tell the enemy he would sell them secrets.
(c) Hide behind a wall and pray to God.
(d) Run toward the enemy saying he surrendered.
14. How does Mathilde respond when Manech offers to be her friend?
(a) She asks him why he wants to be her friend.
(b) She turns away from him.
(c) She tells him she's not allowed to talk to boys.
(d) She declines rudely.
15. Why does Poux believe That Man died first?
(a) He saw him dive back into the trench and be thrown back up into the air.
(b) He saw him being shot 15 times and falling into the snow.
(c) He saw him crawl behind a pile of bricks as the enemy machine gun made 15 passes.
(d) He saw him riddled with bullets and fall back into the trench covered in blood.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the Newfoundland soldiers find the bodies of the men?
2. Why did the enemy start fighting more after the biplane crashed?
3. What did the Eskimo do in regards to the biplane?
4. What is Manech doing when Mathilde first sees him again?
5. What does Mathilde ask of her father that he agrees to?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)