|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Poux stay with Mathilde at her villa?
(a) 1 month.
(b) 7 days.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 12 days.
2. Why does the sergeant think things were taken from the bodies?
(a) To be able to survive.
(b) To sell for food.
(c) To prove identity.
(d) As souvenirs.
3. Who does Mathilde let read all of the information she collected in the mahogany box?
(b) Her father.
4. How does Mathilde respond when Manech offers to be her friend?
(a) She asks him why he wants to be her friend.
(b) She declines rudely.
(c) She tells him she's not allowed to talk to boys.
(d) She turns away from him.
5. How do the soldiers bury the men?
(a) In shallow graves.
(d) In a newly made cemetary.
6. What would Mathilde need to be able to decode the letter from Benoit?
(a) The key to the code.
(b) The original letter.
(c) More information about Benoit.
(d) A magnifying glass.
7. Why does Mathilde head to Somme?
(a) To talk with the private investigator.
(b) To see where Manech is buried.
(c) To meet with Tina.
(d) To try and find a clue as to where Manech is living.
8. How many Newfoundland soldiers arrived at Bingo?
9. Who contacted Pierre-Marie?
(a) Tins'a mother.
(b) Tina's lawyer.
(c) The executioner.
10. How much older than Manech was Jean Desrochelles?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 3 years.
11. What does Pier ask Mathilde to do in regards to Juliette?
(a) Meet with her to see her point of view.
(b) Forgive her actions.
(c) Report her to the police.
(d) To let her continue to raise Manech.
12. What does Pier have to do to get the painting of the mimosas?
(a) Find the German boots.
(b) Locate the soldier who saw Desrochelle with the red glove.
(c) Find the medical orderly in the hospital who Tina talked to.
(d) Find Desrochelles alive.
13. When did Gunther Weiss die?
(a) The first day of fighting following the day the men were thrown over the trench.
(b) The fourth day of fighting following the day the men were thrown over the trench.
(c) The third day of fighting following the day the men were thrown over the trench.
(d) The second day of fighting following the day the men were thrown over the trench.
14. What did Poux witness Common Law do once he left the trench?
(a) Hide behind a wall and pray to God.
(b) Run toward the enemy saying he surrendered.
(c) Tell the enemy he would sell them secrets.
(d) Dive back into the trench and beg for mercy.
15. Whose identification did the man with no injury to his hand wear?
(a) The Man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the Newfoundland soldiers find the bodies of the men?
2. Why did Juliette send Mathilde a letter?
3. Where did the medical orderly tell Tina he saw one of the condemned men alive?
4. What did Nino's code tell Tina?
5. What information did Tina share about Layrouye?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)