Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the code that Mathilde thinks Benoit's letter is written in?
2. What did Nino's code tell Tina?
(a) How he escaped.
(b) What steps she needed to take.
(c) Where he was and that he was in trouble.
(d) What he was doing.
3. How long did Manech receive training before he was sent to the front as a foot soldier?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) About a year.
(c) Less than a week.
(d) A month.
4. Who is caring for Manech now?
(a) Desrochelles's mother.
(b) Urbain Chardolot.
(c) No one.
(d) His new wife.
5. Which of the following would not happen to Manech if he was proven not to be Jean?
(a) Manech would lose his mind.
(b) Mathilde would be married to him.
(c) Juliette would die from grief.
(d) Manech would go to prison for life.
6. Who does Tina think traded the German boots with Eskimo?
7. Why does the sergeant think things were taken from the bodies?
(a) To sell for food.
(b) To prove identity.
(c) As souvenirs.
(d) To be able to survive.
8. What does the sergeant tell the men that they will need to do?
(a) Move the men.
(b) Bury the men.
(c) Leave the men be.
(d) Pray for the men.
9. On what day of the week did they arrive?
10. With what does the story end?
(a) Mathilde's marriage to Manech.
(b) The final events of the night of Bingo.
(c) A diary entry by Mathilde.
(d) Manech's memory returning.
11. How much older than Manech was Jean Desrochelles?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 2 years.
12. What does Mathilde do when she sees Manech for the first time?
(b) Runs to him.
(c) Begs him to remember.
(d) Calls out his name.
13. What would Mathilde need to be able to decode the letter from Benoit?
(a) A magnifying glass.
(b) The original letter.
(c) More information about Benoit.
(d) The key to the code.
14. Where did the Newfoundland soldiers find the bodies of the men?
(a) Within the Bingo trench.
(b) Inside of the German trench.
(c) Huddled in a basement near Bingo.
(d) Between Bingo and the German trench.
15. How many Newfoundland soldiers arrived at Bingo?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mathilde ask of her father that he agrees to?
2. Who crushed Tina's hope of finding her lover alive?
3. How does Mathilde respond when Manech offers to be her friend?
4. What detail did the woman who explained about the five men not mention that gave Mathilde hope that Manech was still alive?
5. Why did Tina agree to be a prostitute?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)