|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Manech offer to teach Mathilde to do?
2. How many soldiers are found without an injured hand?
3. Why did the enemy start fighting more after the biplane crashed?
(a) Retaliation for crashing the plane.
(b) The enemy thought the condemed were armed.
(c) Everyone was devasted that Eskimo would do what he did.
(d) The men in Bingo fired more ammunition.
4. Who does Mathilde get a telegram from?
5. What does Pier have to do to get the painting of the mimosas?
(a) Find the medical orderly in the hospital who Tina talked to.
(b) Find the German boots.
(c) Locate the soldier who saw Desrochelle with the red glove.
(d) Find Desrochelles alive.
6. Why did Tina agree to be a prostitute?
(a) They needed the money.
(b) Nino like the idea.
(c) It was an exciting profession.
(d) It was the only work she could do.
7. How was Tina killed?
8. What is Poux's nickname?
(a) The army one.
(b) The man.
(c) The nightmare.
(d) Terror of the army.
9. Who does Mathilde believe had enacted the plan to exchange the boots?
(c) The Man.
10. Who called Sylvain?
11. Why does Mathilde head to Somme?
(a) To try and find a clue as to where Manech is living.
(b) To talk with the private investigator.
(c) To meet with Tina.
(d) To see where Manech is buried.
12. What does the sergeant tell the men that they will need to do?
(a) Pray for the men.
(b) Move the men.
(c) Leave the men be.
(d) Bury the men.
13. Which of the following is not true about Nino according to Tina?
(a) He was one of only two people who truly cared for Tina.
(b) He was a medical orderly.
(c) He was sentenced to prison.
(d) He wrote his letter in the form of a code.
14. Who was Heinz Gerstacker?
(a) A German man who killed Manech.
(b) A German man who sold his boots.
(c) A German soldier who witnessed Manech's death.
(d) A German soldier who was taken prisoner.
15. How does Mathilde find Benoit?
(a) She stops at the school and asks about his son.
(b) She has her lawyer contact him.
(c) She walks around the town asking.
(d) She talks to the priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following would not happen to Manech if he was proven not to be Jean?
2. How does Poux arrive to see Mathilde?
3. What was the name of the code that Mathilde thinks Benoit's letter is written in?
4. Who crushed Tina's hope of finding her lover alive?
5. Who is caring for Manech now?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)