|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many soldiers are found without an injured hand?
2. Who called Sylvain?
3. How does Mathilde find Benoit?
(a) She stops at the school and asks about his son.
(b) She talks to the priest.
(c) She walks around the town asking.
(d) She has her lawyer contact him.
4. How does Manech mark the occasion of his and Mathilde's engagement?
(a) By running outside and yelling it to the world.
(b) By annoucing it to Sylvain and Benedicte.
(c) By writing three Ms on his arm.
(d) By carving three Ms in a tree.
5. Why did Eskimo and Manech go off in another direction from Benoit?
(a) So they wouldn't be found together.
(b) To find a deeper hole.
(c) Because they didn't get along.
(d) To each scout out the best location.
6. What was the name of the code that Mathilde thinks Benoit's letter is written in?
7. How long does Poux stay with Mathilde?
(a) A week.
(b) A long time.
(c) One full day.
(d) A few hours.
8. What does Pier ask Mathilde to do in regards to Juliette?
(a) To let her continue to raise Manech.
(b) Forgive her actions.
(c) Report her to the police.
(d) Meet with her to see her point of view.
9. How do Poux and Mathilde get along?
(a) They do not like each other.
(b) They fall deeply in love.
(c) They do not trust each other.
(d) They have an instant camaraderie.
10. Why did Heidi Weiss come to Bingo?
(a) To find out the truth about her husband's death.
(b) To mourn over her brother's grave.
(c) To search for her long lost love.
(d) To see the area where her father was killed.
11. How long did Poux stay with Mathilde at her villa?
(a) 12 days.
(b) 1 month.
(c) 7 days.
(d) 3 weeks.
12. Why did the enemy start fighting more after the biplane crashed?
(a) The men in Bingo fired more ammunition.
(b) The enemy thought the condemed were armed.
(c) Everyone was devasted that Eskimo would do what he did.
(d) Retaliation for crashing the plane.
13. What does Pire's second telegram say?
(a) That he found Manech alive.
(b) That he cannot find Manech.
(c) That Pire is coming to visit her.
(d) That Manech is dead.
14. What name is Manech now known as?
(a) Benjamin Gordes.
(d) Jean Desrochelles.
15. What does the sergeant tell the men that they will need to do?
(a) Move the men.
(b) Bury the men.
(c) Leave the men be.
(d) Pray for the men.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time of day did the Newfoundland soldiers arrive at Bingo?
2. What does the farmer who now owns the land say a young girl dug up?
3. On what day of the week did they arrive?
4. What did Poux hear about Manech's body from another soldier?
5. What are Manech's first words to Mathilde?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)