|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what country is the author of this novel?
2. Why doesn't Elodie give Mathilde much information?
(a) She is too embarrassed.
(b) She is too emotionally heartbroken.
(c) She is afraid she'll lose her pension.
(d) She does not trust Mathilde.
3. Who does Mathilde think was the woman who visited the Eskimo's lover?
(a) Tima Lambardi.
(b) Elodi Gordes.
(c) Pierre Marie.
(d) Veronique Passavant.
4. What decision does Therese make that she believes Six-Soux would approve of?
(a) The decision to send her daughters away.
(b) The decision to keep the money.
(c) The decision to leave.
(d) The decision to marry.
5. What was Pierre-Marie's opinion of the events that Esperanza said happened at the trench Bingo after he completed his research?
(a) The events that Esperanza described were an exaggeration.
(b) The events that Esperanza described could not have happened because there was no trench.
(c) The events that Esperanza described did not happen.
(d) The events that Esperanza described were accurate.
6. What is Bastoche's nickname?
(a) Common Law.
7. How many men are being led to their deaths at the beginning of this novel?
8. Why was Benjamin angry with Eskimo when Eskimo returned to war?
(a) He heard that Eskimo had sex with Elodie more than once.
(b) He was angry because Eskimo did not make Elodie pregnant.
(c) He found out that Eskimo had hurt Elodie.
(d) He wasn't prepared to handle what he had proposed.
9. Which character was an orphan and married an orphan?
(c) Common Law.
10. What belief does Captain Favourier have about the men?
(a) That they died quickly.
(b) That they will forgive him.
(c) That they moved over to the other side.
(d) That all five are still alive.
11. Who does Angel write his letter to?
(a) His wife.
(b) His lover.
(c) His friend.
(d) His mother.
12. What is the young French woman in this novel searching for?
(a) Her fiance.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her father.
13. Which of the following is one of the things Mathilde was told in the letter she received from Passavant?
(a) She would like to meet with with Mathilde immediately.
(b) She no longer loves Eskimo and doesn't want to talk about him.
(c) Eskimo told her he planned on shooting himself in the hand.
(d) A woman told her that Eskimo was thrown over the trench.
14. How does Madam Conte say she is related to Valentina?
15. Where did Leprince suggest Mathilde look for Celestin?
(a) Le Boisseau.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Madam Conte say Valentina lasted visited?
2. Who does Mathilde go to visit in October of 1919?
3. Who writes to Mathilde in January of 1920?
4. What did throwing the five men over the trench cause between the two sides?
5. What was Manech's nickname?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)