|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Madam Conte say she is related to Valentina?
2. What year did Biscuit and Eskimo stop being friends?
3. Who wrote the strangest of all of the letters?
(a) Common Law.
4. Who does Mathilde think was the woman who visited the Eskimo's lover?
(a) Tima Lambardi.
(b) Elodi Gordes.
(c) Pierre Marie.
(d) Veronique Passavant.
5. Where does Mathilde go to meet Elodies Gordes?
6. What question did Germain Pier's letter answer for Mathilde?
(a) If Gordes was indeed dead.
(b) If Gordes was wearing German boots.
(c) If Gordes was indeed related to Poux.
(d) If Gordes was one of the condemned men.
7. What does Mathilde do after she reads all of the letters?
(a) Shares the letters with her relatives.
(b) Puts them in a very safe location.
(c) Searches out Captain Favourier.
(d) Writes down her conversation with Esperanza.
8. What did the enemy side throw out over no-man's-land?
9. Who does Angel write his letter to?
(a) His lover.
(b) His friend.
(c) His mother.
(d) His wife.
10. Where does Mathilde spend much of her time?
(a) In Paris.
(b) In England, in the hospital.
(c) Walking through the trenches.
(d) Her family's vacation home.
11. What month is it as this chapter opens?
12. How many men does Pierre-Marie tell Esperanza were condemned to death after being convicted of self-mutilation?
13. What did the woman believe about Veronique?
(a) That she was hiding something from her.
(b) That Veronique thought she was crazy.
(c) That Veronique was making up stories.
(d) That she was constantly talking to Eskimo.
14. What did the captain wish Esperanza had done with the condemned men?
(a) Let them run off.
(b) Taken them to another captain.
(c) Killed them.
(d) Taken them to the right trench.
15. What were those that were convicted of self-mutilation but not sentenced to death required to do?
(a) Leave the army.
(b) Spend their days in jail.
(c) Complete hard labor.
(d) Assassinate enemy soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Elodie feel about Eskimo?
2. What was Little Louis glad to read about in Eskimo's letter?
3. What did Biscuit and Eskimo have in common?
4. How many men accompanied the condemned men to the trench?
5. Why did Angel agree to join the army?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)