|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened when Mathilde sent a letter to the wife of The Man?
(a) It was returned saying she was not at that address.
(b) It was forwarded to Paris.
(c) It was returned saying she did not want to contact Mathilde.
(d) It was never answered or responded to.
2. How did Elodie describe Benjamin's mood when he came home from the war on leave?
(a) Over joyed.
3. What year did Biscuit and Eskimo stop being friends?
4. Which of the following characters is from Paris?
(b) Common Law.
5. What was Little Louis glad to read about in Eskimo's letter?
(a) That Eskimo still remembered Little Louis.
(b) That Eskimo had money to give to Vera.
(c) That Eskimo and Biscuit had reconciled.
(d) That Eskimo knew where Vera was.
6. What is Louis Teyssier to Eskimo?
(a) A relative.
(b) A friend.
(c) A business associate.
(d) A lover.
7. How many many men were convicted of self-mutilation according to Pierre-Marie?
8. What does Mathilde do when she gets home?
(a) Cries from grief over her lost love.
(b) Looks through the items Esperanza gave her.
(c) Tries to contact one of the family members of another person on the list.
(d) Talks to her family about what Esperanza told her.
9. When was this novel written?
(a) During WWII.
(b) During and after WWI.
(c) Before WWI.
(d) During and after WWII.
10. Where did Leprince suggest Mathilde look for Celestin?
(c) Le Boisseau.
11. What does Manech wear as he walks with the others?
(a) A look of intense grief.
(b) A hat taken from a dead soldier.
(c) A faraway smile.
(d) A blood smear from his friend.
12. What was Pierre-Marie's opinion of the events that Esperanza said happened at the trench Bingo after he completed his research?
(a) The events that Esperanza described did not happen.
(b) The events that Esperanza described could not have happened because there was no trench.
(c) The events that Esperanza described were an exaggeration.
(d) The events that Esperanza described were accurate.
13. What did the woman believe about Veronique?
(a) That Veronique was making up stories.
(b) That she was constantly talking to Eskimo.
(c) That she was hiding something from her.
(d) That Veronique thought she was crazy.
14. Why does Germain say he will find Poux for no extra cost?
(a) He already was paid to find Poux.
(b) He knwos where he is hiding.
(c) He loves Mathilde.
(d) He wants to prove himself.
15. How bad was the falling out between Gordes and Eskimo according to Boisseau?
(a) So bad that he requested a transfer so he wasn't fighting with Eskimo.
(b) So bad that they tried to kill each other.
(c) So bad that they cursed and shot at each other frequently.
(d) So bad that they refused to talk to each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the captain wish Esperanza had done with the condemned men?
2. Which of the following characters did not believe in the war when he was assigned his number?
3. What did Little Louis believe the fight between Eskimo and Vera was about?
4. Why did Elodie Gordes hire the private investigator?
5. What does Mathilde search for as she begins to try to prove Pierre-Marie wrong?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)