|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monday Morning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eskimo want to be given to his lover?
(a) The items he has hidden in his safe.
(b) The news of his death.
(c) All of his savings and an apology.
(d) The deed to his house.
2. How does Mathilde gain information about Mariette's whereabouts?
(a) She goes back to visit Esperanza.
(b) She talks to her young son, Baptistin.
(c) She goes to visit her in Paris.
(d) She writes to the priest who married them.
3. Why did Benoit consider harming Mathilde?
(a) He thought she was working with his enemies.
(b) He thought she was going to harm him.
(c) He thought she might endanger his freedom.
(d) He thought she had killed his wife.
4. What did Elodie reveal about her love of Benjamin in her letter to Mathilde?
(a) Her passion was not as strong as it was for her first lover.
(b) She tolerated him, but is just as glad that he is gone now.
(c) She pretended to love him to have a place to live.
(d) It was the strongest love she's ever felt.
5. Who does Mathilde let read all of the information she collected in the mahogany box?
(d) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many soldiers are found without an injured hand?
2. Which of the following characters is from Paris?
3. What does Pire think happened to Valentina?
4. What is Daniel Esperanza dying from?
5. What does Mathilde search for as she begins to try to prove Pierre-Marie wrong?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)