|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monday Morning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mathilde let read all of the information she collected in the mahogany box?
(d) Her father.
2. From what country is the author of this novel?
3. How did Elodie feel about Eskimo?
4. What belief does Captain Favourier have about the men?
(a) That they died quickly.
(b) That they moved over to the other side.
(c) That they will forgive him.
(d) That all five are still alive.
5. What did Esperanza allow the condemned men do as they ate?
(a) Write a final letter to whomever they wished.
(b) Write out their last will and testimate.
(c) Use the telephone to call whomever they wished.
(d) Escape from the trench and other soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pierre-Marie report happened to the condemned men?
2. How did Elodie feel about Benjamin's idea that she have an affair with Eskimo?
3. What did Nino's code tell Tina?
4. How long did it take before Gunther's commanding officer came to explain how he died?
5. How many men accompanied the condemned men to the trench?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)