|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monday Morning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the men condemned to death did Esperanza indicate was wearing German boots?
(a) The man.
(b) Common Law.
2. What did Esperanza's commander tell him to do in regards to Bingo Crepuscule?
(a) Report on the success of his mission there.
(b) Forget everything that happened there.
(c) Write down the events that happened there.
(d) Tell him about the captain's reluctance to follow orders there.
3. What does Manech wear as he walks with the others?
(a) A faraway smile.
(b) A hat taken from a dead soldier.
(c) A look of intense grief.
(d) A blood smear from his friend.
4. What name is Manech now known as?
(a) Jean Desrochelles.
(c) Benjamin Gordes.
5. What did Elodie reveal about her love of Benjamin in her letter to Mathilde?
(a) Her passion was not as strong as it was for her first lover.
(b) It was the strongest love she's ever felt.
(c) She pretended to love him to have a place to live.
(d) She tolerated him, but is just as glad that he is gone now.
Short Answer Questions
1. What could be said to be the theme for the remainder of the year for Mathilde?
2. How long did it take Mathilde to uncover the truth?
3. How many men accompanied the condemned men to the trench?
4. What were those that were convicted of self-mutilation but not sentenced to death required to do?
5. What was Manech's nickname?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)