|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monday Morning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What belief does Captain Favourier have about the men?
(a) That they moved over to the other side.
(b) That all five are still alive.
(c) That they will forgive him.
(d) That they died quickly.
2. When did Tina write the letter to Mathilde?
(a) After Madam Conte's death.
(b) When she was visiting her lover's grave.
(c) As she was waiting to be led to the guillotine.
(d) The first time Madam Conte told her she was trying to contact her.
3. What does Pierre-Marie believe about Esperanza's story?
(a) He thinks it is a sad story.
(b) He thinks it is a tall tale.
(c) He thinks that Mathilde is telling it wrong.
(d) He thinks it is all a lie.
4. What did Benoit wake up to?
(a) Rats biting his toes.
(b) Hearing people calling his name and those of the other condemned men.
(c) Hearing a plane overhead that was firing at the cellar he was hiding inside.
(d) A German soldier stealing his boots.
5. What wish does Captain Favourier speak of in his letter?
(a) The wish that he will be forgiven for what he did.
(b) The wish to get orders to collect the men.
(c) The wish Esperanza forget everything that was done.
(d) The wish that he had ignored orders.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pire think happened to Valentina?
2. What did Benoit hear someone yell as the shelling continued?
3. How long did Poux stay with Mathilde at her villa?
4. What information did Tina share about Layrouye?
5. How many Newfoundland soldiers arrived at Bingo?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)