|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monday Morning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not one of the things Esperanza gives to Mathilde as she leaves?
(a) The names of the recipients of the condemned men's letters.
(b) A group picture of the condemned men.
(c) The typed list of the condemned men.
(d) Copies of the condemned men's letters.
2. Where did the medical orderly tell Tina he saw one of the condemned men alive?
3. What does Eskimo want to be given to his lover?
(a) The items he has hidden in his safe.
(b) The news of his death.
(c) All of his savings and an apology.
(d) The deed to his house.
4. How does Sylvain know to look in the newspaper for information?
(a) He was looking at the paper anyway.
(b) He received a letter.
(c) He receives a call.
(d) He heard the commotion behind him.
5. What couldn't Esperanza believe the French would do to their own soldiers?
(a) Throw them over the top of a trench to be killed.
(b) Refuse to follow direct orders.
(c) Order them to kill their commrades.
(d) Allow them to be killed by firing squad.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did it take Mathilde to uncover the truth?
2. Who does Mathilde hire Germain to find?
3. Why is Mathilde unable to walk?
4. Who does Mathilde get a telegram from?
5. Who crushed Tina's hope of finding her lover alive?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)