|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monday Morning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is one of the things Mathilde was told in the letter she received from Passavant?
(a) She no longer loves Eskimo and doesn't want to talk about him.
(b) A woman told her that Eskimo was thrown over the trench.
(c) Eskimo told her he planned on shooting himself in the hand.
(d) She would like to meet with with Mathilde immediately.
2. Who does Mathilde hire Germain to find?
(b) Tina Lambardi.
(c) Celestin Poux.
3. Why does Germain say he will find Poux for no extra cost?
(a) He knwos where he is hiding.
(b) He loves Mathilde.
(c) He already was paid to find Poux.
(d) He wants to prove himself.
4. What does Pier have to do to get the painting of the mimosas?
(a) Find the medical orderly in the hospital who Tina talked to.
(b) Find the German boots.
(c) Find Desrochelles alive.
(d) Locate the soldier who saw Desrochelle with the red glove.
5. What did the woman believe about Veronique?
(a) That Veronique thought she was crazy.
(b) That she was constantly talking to Eskimo.
(c) That she was hiding something from her.
(d) That Veronique was making up stories.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Benjamin angry with Eskimo when Eskimo returned to war?
2. How many men are being led to their deaths at the beginning of this novel?
3. What information did Tina share about Layrouye?
4. Why did Angel agree to join the army?
5. How did Elodie describe Benjamin's mood when he came home from the war on leave?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)