|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monday Morning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the sergeant think things were taken from the bodies?
(a) To be able to survive.
(b) To sell for food.
(c) To prove identity.
(d) As souvenirs.
2. Why was Valentina upset with her godmother?
(a) For not allowing her to live with her.
(b) For corresponding with Mathilde.
(c) For Talking about Nino with a stranger.
(d) For not calling her sooner.
3. Which of the following literary terms best describes how this novel ends?
4. What did Mathilde learn from Valentia about Ange's death?
(a) That he made it to Paris and there he died.
(b) That it could not be confirmed at this point.
(c) That he was not dead.
(d) That it was somewhere near the Somme.
5. What belief does Captain Favourier have about the men?
(a) That they will forgive him.
(b) That all five are still alive.
(c) That they moved over to the other side.
(d) That they died quickly.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Mathilde when she first met Manech?
2. How was Tina killed?
3. Who is caring for Manech now?
4. What are Manech's first words to Mathilde?
5. At what time of day did the Newfoundland soldiers arrive at Bingo?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)