|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monday Morning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How bad was the falling out between Gordes and Eskimo according to Boisseau?
(a) So bad that they cursed and shot at each other frequently.
(b) So bad that they tried to kill each other.
(c) So bad that he requested a transfer so he wasn't fighting with Eskimo.
(d) So bad that they refused to talk to each other.
2. Which character was an orphan and married an orphan?
(a) Common Law.
3. How long after their engagement does Manech leave for the war?
(a) About three weeks.
(b) The very next day.
(c) Almost a month.
(d) Less than a week.
4. Why did Mr. Leprince write to Mathilde?
(a) He wanted to talk to her about Esperanza.
(b) He knew where Manech was hiding.
(c) He was responding to her newspaper ad.
(d) He was Manech's commanding officer.
5. How long did Manech receive training before he was sent to the front as a foot soldier?
(a) About a year.
(b) Less than a week.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) A month.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did throwing the five men over the trench cause between the two sides?
2. What is the last thing Manech remembers?
3. Who contacted Pierre-Marie?
4. How does Sylvain know to look in the newspaper for information?
5. Who does Mathilde go to visit in October of 1919?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)