|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monday Morning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the enemy side throw out over no-man's-land?
2. What did Benoit hear someone yell as the shelling continued?
(a) French soldiers yelling shit.
(b) Manech was still alive.
(c) Gordes was also still alive.
(d) Eskimo was dead.
3. Why didn't Poux see Manech die?
(a) He couldn't look at such devastation.
(b) He couldn't see outside of the trench.
(c) He was often fetching things for other soldiers.
(d) He didn't know which one was Manech.
4. What does Mathilde search for as she begins to try to prove Pierre-Marie wrong?
(a) A stamp.
(b) Military records.
(c) Manech's commanding officer.
(d) The trench named Bingo.
5. What was Bastoche's job before he joined the army?
(c) Labor organizer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question did Germain Pier's letter answer for Mathilde?
2. How does Manech mark the occasion of his and Mathilde's engagement?
3. Which of the following characters is probably thinking about his fiance as he is walking with the others?
4. Where did Esperanza meet Manech?
5. What does Elodie Gordes need the pension for?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)