|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monday Morning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Poux hear about Manech's body from another soldier?
(a) It was never found.
(b) It was riddled with enemy bullets.
(c) It had a self-inflicted gun shot wound.
(d) It was found shot through the back.
2. What would Mathilde need to be able to decode the letter from Benoit?
(a) The original letter.
(b) The key to the code.
(c) More information about Benoit.
(d) A magnifying glass.
3. What had the captain been before the war?
(b) History teacher.
(c) Prison guard.
4. From what country is the author of this novel?
5. Which of the following is one of the things Mathilde was told in the letter she received from Passavant?
(a) A woman told her that Eskimo was thrown over the trench.
(b) Eskimo told her he planned on shooting himself in the hand.
(c) She would like to meet with with Mathilde immediately.
(d) She no longer loves Eskimo and doesn't want to talk about him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Tina killed?
2. Why does the smile make the other men uncomfortable?
3. Who writes to Mathilde in January of 1920?
4. What did throwing the five men over the trench cause between the two sides?
5. How did Elodie feel about Eskimo?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)