|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monday Morning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did throwing the five men over the trench cause between the two sides?
(a) A peace treaty.
(b) A sort of bonding.
(c) Heavy fighting.
(d) A lack of respect.
2. How many men accompanied the condemned men to the trench?
3. What does the sergeant tell the men that they will need to do?
(a) Move the men.
(b) Bury the men.
(c) Pray for the men.
(d) Leave the men be.
4. What are Manech's first words to Mathilde?
(a) Why aren't you outside?
(b) You can't walk?
(c) Where are you going?
(d) Come play with me?
5. How does Sylvain know to look in the newspaper for information?
(a) He received a letter.
(b) He receives a call.
(c) He was looking at the paper anyway.
(d) He heard the commotion behind him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Madam Conte say she is related to Valentina?
2. How many men are being led to their deaths at the beginning of this novel?
3. How do the soldiers bury the men?
4. What is the last thing Manech remembers?
5. Which of the following would not happen to Manech if he was proven not to be Jean?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)