|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Sunflowers at the End of the World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was this novel made into a French film?
2. What was Bastoche's job before he joined the army?
(d) Labor organizer.
3. What belief does Captain Favourier have about the men?
(a) That they moved over to the other side.
(b) That they will forgive him.
(c) That they died quickly.
(d) That all five are still alive.
4. What did Esperanza's commander tell him to do in regards to Bingo Crepuscule?
(a) Tell him about the captain's reluctance to follow orders there.
(b) Forget everything that happened there.
(c) Report on the success of his mission there.
(d) Write down the events that happened there.
5. What did Poux say that he remembered a man who had lost his mind doing?
(a) Run back and forth across no-man's-land.
(b) Run toward the enemy laughing hysterically.
(c) Grab Eskimo's gun and shoot himself in the eye.
(d) Build a snowman in the middle of no-man's-land.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men are being led to their deaths at the beginning of this novel?
2. Why does Mathilde head to Somme?
3. Who writes to Mathilde in January of 1920?
4. What was Pierre-Marie's opinion of the events that Esperanza said happened at the trench Bingo after he completed his research?
5. Who does Mathilde hire Germain to find?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)