|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Sunflowers at the End of the World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elodie Gordes need the pension for?
(a) Starting the business she always dreamed of.
(b) Starting a new life with her lover.
(c) Moving to a new country.
(d) Supporting her five children.
2. How does Sylvain know to look in the newspaper for information?
(a) He receives a call.
(b) He heard the commotion behind him.
(c) He received a letter.
(d) He was looking at the paper anyway.
3. Which of the following characters did not believe in the war when he was assigned his number?
(a) Common Law.
4. What did Benoit wake up to?
(a) Hearing a plane overhead that was firing at the cellar he was hiding inside.
(b) A German soldier stealing his boots.
(c) Rats biting his toes.
(d) Hearing people calling his name and those of the other condemned men.
5. Which of the following is one of the things Mathilde was told in the letter she received from Passavant?
(a) She would like to meet with with Mathilde immediately.
(b) She no longer loves Eskimo and doesn't want to talk about him.
(c) Eskimo told her he planned on shooting himself in the hand.
(d) A woman told her that Eskimo was thrown over the trench.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Poux say that he remembered a man who had lost his mind doing?
2. Why does Germain say he will find Poux for no extra cost?
3. Which of the following is not one of the things Esperanza gives to Mathilde as she leaves?
4. Which of the men condemned to death did Esperanza indicate was wearing German boots?
5. How did Elodie describe Benjamin's mood when he came home from the war on leave?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)