|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Sunflowers at the End of the World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Valentina upset with her godmother?
(a) For corresponding with Mathilde.
(b) For not allowing her to live with her.
(c) For Talking about Nino with a stranger.
(d) For not calling her sooner.
2. Which of the following is not one of the things Esperanza gives to Mathilde as she leaves?
(a) Copies of the condemned men's letters.
(b) The typed list of the condemned men.
(c) The names of the recipients of the condemned men's letters.
(d) A group picture of the condemned men.
3. How does Mathilde gain information about Mariette's whereabouts?
(a) She goes to visit her in Paris.
(b) She goes back to visit Esperanza.
(c) She talks to her young son, Baptistin.
(d) She writes to the priest who married them.
4. Which of the following was not one of the items Manech had requested from the cook?
(a) Hot chocolate.
5. Which of the following is not true about Nino according to Tina?
(a) He was one of only two people who truly cared for Tina.
(b) He was a medical orderly.
(c) He wrote his letter in the form of a code.
(d) He was sentenced to prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who called Sylvain?
2. When did Madam Conte say Valentina lasted visited?
3. What was Manech's nickname?
4. What did the captain wish Esperanza had done with the condemned men?
5. How old was Mathilde when she first met Manech?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)