|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Other Side of No-Man's-Land.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sylvain know to look in the newspaper for information?
(a) He was looking at the paper anyway.
(b) He heard the commotion behind him.
(c) He received a letter.
(d) He receives a call.
2. What are Manech's first words to Mathilde?
(a) You can't walk?
(b) Why aren't you outside?
(c) Where are you going?
(d) Come play with me?
3. Who does Mathilde hire Germain to find?
(b) Tina Lambardi.
(c) Celestin Poux.
4. Why did Mr. Leprince write to Mathilde?
(a) He was Manech's commanding officer.
(b) He knew where Manech was hiding.
(c) He was responding to her newspaper ad.
(d) He wanted to talk to her about Esperanza.
5. What did Poux witness Common Law do once he left the trench?
(a) Hide behind a wall and pray to God.
(b) Dive back into the trench and beg for mercy.
(c) Run toward the enemy saying he surrendered.
(d) Tell the enemy he would sell them secrets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the young French woman in this novel searching for?
2. Where did Mariette Notre-Dame go when she left for good leaving no forwarding address?
3. How was Tina killed?
4. How does Mathilde gain information about Mariette's whereabouts?
5. How long after their engagement does Manech leave for the war?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)