|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Other Side of No-Man's-Land.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mathilde hire Germain to find?
(b) Tina Lambardi.
(d) Celestin Poux.
2. Which of the following characters is from Paris?
(a) Common Law.
3. Why does the smile make the other men uncomfortable?
(a) Because it has an eerie look to it.
(b) Because they know he is being led to his death.
(c) Because even as he yells, he smiles.
(d) Because it does not reach his eyes.
4. When was this novel written?
(a) During and after WWII.
(b) During WWII.
(c) During and after WWI.
(d) Before WWI.
5. How long after their engagement does Manech leave for the war?
(a) Less than a week.
(b) The very next day.
(c) About three weeks.
(d) Almost a month.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Manech mark the occasion of his and Mathilde's engagement?
2. How does Sylvain know to look in the newspaper for information?
3. What was Little Louis glad to read about in Eskimo's letter?
4. What couldn't Esperanza believe the French would do to their own soldiers?
5. Why does Germain say he will find Poux for no extra cost?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)