|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Other Side of No-Man's-Land.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long after their engagement does Manech leave for the war?
(a) Less than a week.
(b) The very next day.
(c) About three weeks.
(d) Almost a month.
2. What did Little Louis believe the fight between Eskimo and Vera was about?
(b) Eskimo's bad habits.
(c) Another woman.
3. How does Mathilde gain information about Mariette's whereabouts?
(a) She goes back to visit Esperanza.
(b) She goes to visit her in Paris.
(c) She writes to the priest who married them.
(d) She talks to her young son, Baptistin.
4. When was this novel written?
(a) Before WWI.
(b) During and after WWI.
(c) During WWII.
(d) During and after WWII.
5. Which character was an orphan and married an orphan?
(b) Common Law.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was this novel made into a French film?
2. What was Manech's nickname?
3. How does Madam Conte say she is related to Valentina?
4. Why did Mr. Leprince write to Mathilde?
5. Why does the smile make the other men uncomfortable?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)