|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Other Side of No-Man's-Land.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why didn't Poux see Manech die?
(a) He was often fetching things for other soldiers.
(b) He couldn't see outside of the trench.
(c) He couldn't look at such devastation.
(d) He didn't know which one was Manech.
2. Where does Celestin agree to take Mathilde?
(b) To see his commanding officer.
(c) Manech's grave.
3. Why does Mathilde head to Somme?
(a) To try and find a clue as to where Manech is living.
(b) To meet with Tina.
(c) To see where Manech is buried.
(d) To talk with the private investigator.
4. What did Elodie reveal about her love of Benjamin in her letter to Mathilde?
(a) She tolerated him, but is just as glad that he is gone now.
(b) She pretended to love him to have a place to live.
(c) Her passion was not as strong as it was for her first lover.
(d) It was the strongest love she's ever felt.
5. Which of the following is not one of the things Esperanza gives to Mathilde as she leaves?
(a) Copies of the condemned men's letters.
(b) The typed list of the condemned men.
(c) The names of the recipients of the condemned men's letters.
(d) A group picture of the condemned men.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men does Pierre-Marie tell Esperanza were condemned to death after being convicted of self-mutilation?
2. Why did Mr. Leprince write to Mathilde?
3. Who called Sylvain?
4. Who told Heidi about how the five men had died?
5. What year is it when Mathilde receives the letter from the dying man?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)