|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Other Side of No-Man's-Land.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What wish does Captain Favourier speak of in his letter?
(a) The wish that he had ignored orders.
(b) The wish that he will be forgiven for what he did.
(c) The wish to get orders to collect the men.
(d) The wish Esperanza forget everything that was done.
2. How does Manech mark the occasion of his and Mathilde's engagement?
(a) By annoucing it to Sylvain and Benedicte.
(b) By carving three Ms in a tree.
(c) By running outside and yelling it to the world.
(d) By writing three Ms on his arm.
3. Which of the following characters did not believe in the war when he was assigned his number?
(b) Common Law.
4. From what country is the author of this novel?
5. Who does Mathilde go to visit in October of 1919?
(a) Captain Favourier.
(b) Six-Soux's wife.
(d) Angel's lover.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Benjamin and Elodie meet?
2. What were those that were convicted of self-mutilation but not sentenced to death required to do?
3. Who does Angel write his letter to?
4. What is the young French woman in this novel searching for?
5. What did Poux say that he remembered a man who had lost his mind doing?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)