|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Other Side of No-Man's-Land.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Esperanza meet Manech?
(a) He was assigned to lead the condemned to a trench.
(b) He was part of the group that was condemned to death.
(c) He served with him when he shot himself.
(d) He was the man who condemned him to death.
2. What information did Urbain Chardolot share with Mathilde?
(a) That she has done some work for Gordes's wife.
(b) That she is aware that Celestin is alive.
(c) That she has seen Manech with her own eyes.
(d) That her son told her that she had seen all five of them dead in the snow.
3. What did Esperanza's commander tell him to do in regards to Bingo Crepuscule?
(a) Forget everything that happened there.
(b) Write down the events that happened there.
(c) Report on the success of his mission there.
(d) Tell him about the captain's reluctance to follow orders there.
4. What does Mathilde do after she reads all of the letters?
(a) Puts them in a very safe location.
(b) Searches out Captain Favourier.
(c) Shares the letters with her relatives.
(d) Writes down her conversation with Esperanza.
5. What did Poux hear about Manech's body from another soldier?
(a) It was never found.
(b) It was riddled with enemy bullets.
(c) It had a self-inflicted gun shot wound.
(d) It was found shot through the back.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Manech wear as he walks with the others?
2. How did Elodie describe Benjamin's mood when he came home from the war on leave?
3. What is the young French woman in this novel searching for?
4. Which of the following characters did not believe in the war when he was assigned his number?
5. What could be said to be the theme for the remainder of the year for Mathilde?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)