|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Other Side of No-Man's-Land.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mathilde search for as she begins to try to prove Pierre-Marie wrong?
(a) Military records.
(b) Manech's commanding officer.
(c) A stamp.
(d) The trench named Bingo.
2. How many men accompanied the condemned men to the trench?
3. What was Pierre-Marie's opinion of the events that Esperanza said happened at the trench Bingo after he completed his research?
(a) The events that Esperanza described were accurate.
(b) The events that Esperanza described were an exaggeration.
(c) The events that Esperanza described could not have happened because there was no trench.
(d) The events that Esperanza described did not happen.
4. What happened when Mathilde sent a letter to the wife of The Man?
(a) It was returned saying she was not at that address.
(b) It was returned saying she did not want to contact Mathilde.
(c) It was forwarded to Paris.
(d) It was never answered or responded to.
5. What did Esperanza allow the condemned men do as they ate?
(a) Escape from the trench and other soldiers.
(b) Write a final letter to whomever they wished.
(c) Use the telephone to call whomever they wished.
(d) Write out their last will and testimate.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was this novel made into a French film?
2. What does Eskimo want to be given to his lover?
3. Why did Heidi Weiss come to Bingo?
4. What belief does Captain Favourier have about the men?
5. What does Mathilde do when she gets home?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)