|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Other Side of No-Man's-Land.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Daniel Esperanza dying from?
(a) Wounds sustained in war.
(c) Spanish Flu.
(d) Trench illness.
2. What season is it as this novel opens?
3. How many men are being led to their deaths at the beginning of this novel?
4. What did throwing the five men over the trench cause between the two sides?
(a) A sort of bonding.
(b) A lack of respect.
(c) Heavy fighting.
(d) A peace treaty.
5. How does Mathilde gain information about Mariette's whereabouts?
(a) She writes to the priest who married them.
(b) She goes to visit her in Paris.
(c) She talks to her young son, Baptistin.
(d) She goes back to visit Esperanza.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many many men were convicted of self-mutilation according to Pierre-Marie?
2. Why did Mr. Leprince write to Mathilde?
3. What could be said to be the theme for the remainder of the year for Mathilde?
4. From what country is the author of this novel?
5. Why did the enemy start fighting more after the biplane crashed?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)