|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Other Side of No-Man's-Land.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Pierre-Marie contact Mathilde?
(a) He was telling her to come home immediately.
(b) He wanted her to know that Tina wrote a letter to Mathilde.
(c) He wanted her to know what happened to Tina.
(d) He was telling her information about her father.
2. Which character was an orphan and married an orphan?
(d) Common Law.
3. Why did Mr. Leprince write to Mathilde?
(a) He wanted to talk to her about Esperanza.
(b) He was responding to her newspaper ad.
(c) He knew where Manech was hiding.
(d) He was Manech's commanding officer.
4. What did Poux hear about Manech's body from another soldier?
(a) It had a self-inflicted gun shot wound.
(b) It was found shot through the back.
(c) It was never found.
(d) It was riddled with enemy bullets.
5. What does Pierre-Marie try to convince Mathilde to do?
(a) Search harder for Manech.
(b) Write to Manech's commanding officer.
(c) Give up her investigation.
(d) Travel to the trench and claim Manech's body.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elodie Gordes need the pension for?
2. What couldn't Esperanza believe the French would do to their own soldiers?
3. Who does Mathilde think was the woman who visited the Eskimo's lover?
4. How does Manech mark the occasion of his and Mathilde's engagement?
5. From what country is the author of this novel?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)