|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Other Side of No-Man's-Land.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Elodie Gordes hire the private investigator?
(a) To find her long lost lover.
(b) To have her husband declared legally dead.
(c) To find another clue to where her husband might be living.
(d) To understand the truth of that day at Bingo.
2. What is Daniel Esperanza dying from?
(a) Wounds sustained in war.
(b) Trench illness.
(d) Spanish Flu.
3. Where does Mathilde keep her papers where she organizes her thoughts?
(a) Under pillow as she slept and dreamed about Manech.
(b) In a mahogany box Manech gave her.
(c) In the wedding trousseau she prepared for Manech.
(d) In the personal journal Manech gave her.
4. Who does Mathilde go to visit in October of 1919?
(a) Angel's lover.
(b) Captain Favourier.
(d) Six-Soux's wife.
5. What did Elodie reveal about her love of Benjamin in her letter to Mathilde?
(a) It was the strongest love she's ever felt.
(b) Her passion was not as strong as it was for her first lover.
(c) She tolerated him, but is just as glad that he is gone now.
(d) She pretended to love him to have a place to live.
Short Answer Questions
1. What wish does Captain Favourier speak of in his letter?
2. Why was Benjamin angry with Eskimo when Eskimo returned to war?
3. Why did Angel agree to join the army?
4. How old was Mathilde when she first met Manech?
5. What was Manech's nickname?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)