|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Mahogany Box.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Bastoche's job before he joined the army?
(c) Labor organizer.
2. Which of the following characters is from Paris?
(a) Common Law.
3. What does Pierre-Marie try to convince Mathilde to do?
(a) Write to Manech's commanding officer.
(b) Search harder for Manech.
(c) Travel to the trench and claim Manech's body.
(d) Give up her investigation.
4. When was this novel written?
(a) Before WWI.
(b) During and after WWI.
(c) During and after WWII.
(d) During WWII.
5. Why did Elodie Gordes hire the private investigator?
(a) To have her husband declared legally dead.
(b) To understand the truth of that day at Bingo.
(c) To find another clue to where her husband might be living.
(d) To find her long lost lover.
Short Answer Questions
1. What wish does Captain Favourier speak of in his letter?
2. How many men are being led to their deaths at the beginning of this novel?
3. Why was Valentina upset with her godmother?
4. What does Mathilde search for as she begins to try to prove Pierre-Marie wrong?
5. Why does the smile make the other men uncomfortable?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)