|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Mahogany Box.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eskimo want to be given to his lover?
(a) All of his savings and an apology.
(b) The deed to his house.
(c) The news of his death.
(d) The items he has hidden in his safe.
2. From what country is the author of this novel?
3. Why did Elodie Gordes hire the private investigator?
(a) To have her husband declared legally dead.
(b) To find another clue to where her husband might be living.
(c) To find her long lost lover.
(d) To understand the truth of that day at Bingo.
4. Which of the following characters is probably thinking about his fiance as he is walking with the others?
(c) Common Law.
5. What does Pierre-Marie report happened to the condemned men?
(a) They were pardoned.
(b) They were sentenced to hard labor.
(c) They escaped.
(d) They were thrown above the trench.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mathilde spend much of her time?
2. What did Little Louis believe the fight between Eskimo and Vera was about?
3. When was this novel written?
4. How long does Pierre-Marie investigate Esperanza's story?
5. What had the captain been before the war?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)