|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Mahogany Box.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eskimo want to be given to his lover?
(a) All of his savings and an apology.
(b) The items he has hidden in his safe.
(c) The news of his death.
(d) The deed to his house.
2. What does Pierre-Marie try to convince Mathilde to do?
(a) Search harder for Manech.
(b) Travel to the trench and claim Manech's body.
(c) Write to Manech's commanding officer.
(d) Give up her investigation.
3. Which of the following characters is from Paris?
(d) Common Law.
4. What wish does Captain Favourier speak of in his letter?
(a) The wish to get orders to collect the men.
(b) The wish that he will be forgiven for what he did.
(c) The wish that he had ignored orders.
(d) The wish Esperanza forget everything that was done.
5. What couldn't Esperanza believe the French would do to their own soldiers?
(a) Allow them to be killed by firing squad.
(b) Refuse to follow direct orders.
(c) Throw them over the top of a trench to be killed.
(d) Order them to kill their commrades.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why wouldn't Manech's captain let him go home?
2. What was Little Louis glad to read about in Eskimo's letter?
3. Why did Mr. Leprince write to Mathilde?
4. Why did Angel agree to join the army?
5. Why is Mathilde unable to walk?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)