|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Mahogany Box.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year is it when Mathilde receives the letter from the dying man?
2. What was Pierre-Marie's opinion of the events that Esperanza said happened at the trench Bingo after he completed his research?
(a) The events that Esperanza described did not happen.
(b) The events that Esperanza described were an exaggeration.
(c) The events that Esperanza described were accurate.
(d) The events that Esperanza described could not have happened because there was no trench.
3. How long does Pierre-Marie investigate Esperanza's story?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Five weeks.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) Eight weeks.
4. What did Little Louis believe the fight between Eskimo and Vera was about?
(a) Eskimo's bad habits.
(c) Another woman.
5. What does Manech wear as he walks with the others?
(a) A look of intense grief.
(b) A faraway smile.
(c) A blood smear from his friend.
(d) A hat taken from a dead soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the enemy side throw out over no-man's-land?
2. Where did Esperanza meet Manech?
3. What did the captain wish Esperanza had done with the condemned men?
4. What does Pierre-Marie believe about Esperanza's story?
5. How does Mathilde gain information about Mariette's whereabouts?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)