|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Mahogany Box.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mathilde do when she gets home?
(a) Cries from grief over her lost love.
(b) Looks through the items Esperanza gave her.
(c) Tries to contact one of the family members of another person on the list.
(d) Talks to her family about what Esperanza told her.
2. Why did Elodie Gordes hire the private investigator?
(a) To understand the truth of that day at Bingo.
(b) To find her long lost lover.
(c) To have her husband declared legally dead.
(d) To find another clue to where her husband might be living.
3. What does Pierre-Marie report happened to the condemned men?
(a) They escaped.
(b) They were thrown above the trench.
(c) They were pardoned.
(d) They were sentenced to hard labor.
4. Why did Esperanza write Manech's letter?
(a) He was injured in the hand he wrote with.
(b) He was illiterate and unable to write.
(c) He was in too much of a transe-like state to write.
(d) He refused to write one himself.
5. Which of the following characters was a private investigator who offered Mathilde his services?
(a) Elodie Gordes.
(b) Urbain Chardolot.
(c) Oliver Bergetton.
(d) Germain Pire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had the captain been before the war?
2. What is Bastoche's nickname?
3. Which of the following was not one of the items Manech had requested from the cook?
4. What was Bastoche's job before he joined the army?
5. What was Manech's nickname?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)