|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Mahogany Box.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not one of the things Esperanza gives to Mathilde as she leaves?
(a) The typed list of the condemned men.
(b) A group picture of the condemned men.
(c) The names of the recipients of the condemned men's letters.
(d) Copies of the condemned men's letters.
2. How old is Mathilde at this point in the novel?
3. Why is Mathilde unable to walk?
(a) She was born unable to walk.
(b) She fell off of a ladder when she was little.
(c) A shell from the war hurt her.
(d) She was painting and the easel fell on her.
4. What season is it as this novel opens?
5. Where did Mariette Notre-Dame go when she left for good leaving no forwarding address?
(a) Train station.
(b) A taxi out of the country.
Short Answer Questions
1. What decision does Therese make that she believes Six-Soux would approve of?
2. What does Pierre-Marie report happened to the condemned men?
3. How many men does Pierre-Marie tell Esperanza were condemned to death after being convicted of self-mutilation?
4. Which character was an orphan and married an orphan?
5. What was Pierre-Marie's opinion of the events that Esperanza said happened at the trench Bingo after he completed his research?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)