|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Mahogany Box.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did throwing the five men over the trench cause between the two sides?
(a) Heavy fighting.
(b) A sort of bonding.
(c) A lack of respect.
(d) A peace treaty.
2. How many men does Pierre-Marie tell Esperanza were condemned to death after being convicted of self-mutilation?
3. How many men are being led to their deaths at the beginning of this novel?
4. What is Daniel Esperanza dying from?
(a) Trench illness.
(b) Spanish Flu.
(d) Wounds sustained in war.
5. What does Mathilde search for as she begins to try to prove Pierre-Marie wrong?
(a) A stamp.
(b) Military records.
(c) The trench named Bingo.
(d) Manech's commanding officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Mr. Leprince write to Mathilde?
2. When did Madam Conte say Valentina lasted visited?
3. What did the woman believe about Veronique?
4. What was Bastoche's job before he joined the army?
5. What does Pierre-Marie try to convince Mathilde to do?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)