|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Mahogany Box.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the woman believe about Veronique?
(a) That she was constantly talking to Eskimo.
(b) That she was hiding something from her.
(c) That Veronique thought she was crazy.
(d) That Veronique was making up stories.
2. What were those that were convicted of self-mutilation but not sentenced to death required to do?
(a) Leave the army.
(b) Assassinate enemy soldiers.
(c) Complete hard labor.
(d) Spend their days in jail.
3. What did throwing the five men over the trench cause between the two sides?
(a) A lack of respect.
(b) A peace treaty.
(c) A sort of bonding.
(d) Heavy fighting.
4. What year did Biscuit and Eskimo stop being friends?
5. What is Daniel Esperanza dying from?
(a) Trench illness.
(b) Spanish Flu.
(d) Wounds sustained in war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why wouldn't Manech's captain let him go home?
2. How old is Mathilde at this point in the novel?
3. Which of the men condemned to death did Esperanza indicate was wearing German boots?
4. What was Little Louis glad to read about in Eskimo's letter?
5. What month is it as this chapter opens?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)