|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Mahogany Box.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What information did Urbain Chardolot share with Mathilde?
(a) That she is aware that Celestin is alive.
(b) That her son told her that she had seen all five of them dead in the snow.
(c) That she has done some work for Gordes's wife.
(d) That she has seen Manech with her own eyes.
2. Why did Angel agree to join the army?
(a) He didn't think the war would last long.
(b) He needed to find a way to support his wife.
(c) He wanted to fight a common enemy.
(d) He wanted to find fame and fortune.
3. Who does Angel write his letter to?
(a) His friend.
(b) His mother.
(c) His wife.
(d) His lover.
4. What season is it as this novel opens?
5. What happened when Mathilde sent a letter to the wife of The Man?
(a) It was returned saying she did not want to contact Mathilde.
(b) It was returned saying she was not at that address.
(c) It was forwarded to Paris.
(d) It was never answered or responded to.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Leprince suggest Mathilde look for Celestin?
2. What belief does Captain Favourier have about the men?
3. Where does Mathilde keep her papers where she organizes her thoughts?
4. What was Manech's nickname?
5. What does Mathilde do when she gets home?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)