|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Mahogany Box.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Pierre-Marie investigate Esperanza's story?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Five weeks.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) Eight weeks.
2. From what country is the author of this novel?
3. What belief does Captain Favourier have about the men?
(a) That they moved over to the other side.
(b) That all five are still alive.
(c) That they died quickly.
(d) That they will forgive him.
4. Where does Mathilde spend much of her time?
(a) In Paris.
(b) In England, in the hospital.
(c) Her family's vacation home.
(d) Walking through the trenches.
5. Why did Mr. Leprince write to Mathilde?
(a) He wanted to talk to her about Esperanza.
(b) He knew where Manech was hiding.
(c) He was responding to her newspaper ad.
(d) He was Manech's commanding officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did throwing the five men over the trench cause between the two sides?
2. What did the woman believe about Veronique?
3. Who does Angel write his letter to?
4. Which of the following is one of the things Mathilde was told in the letter she received from Passavant?
5. Which of the following was not one of the items Manech had requested from the cook?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)