|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Mahogany Box.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had the captain been before the war?
(a) Prison guard.
(c) History teacher.
2. Which of the men condemned to death did Esperanza indicate was wearing German boots?
(a) The man.
(c) Common Law.
3. What did Little Louis learn about Biscuit?
(a) He married Vera.
(b) He lived in Paris.
(c) He also died in the war.
(d) He had fled to America.
4. What is Bastoche's nickname?
(a) Common Law.
5. What does Pierre-Marie try to convince Mathilde to do?
(a) Give up her investigation.
(b) Search harder for Manech.
(c) Travel to the trench and claim Manech's body.
(d) Write to Manech's commanding officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mathilde gain information about Mariette's whereabouts?
2. Who does Mathilde go to visit in October of 1919?
3. What did Little Louis believe the fight between Eskimo and Vera was about?
4. When was this novel written?
5. Who writes to Mathilde in January of 1920?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)