|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Mahogany Box.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is one of the things Mathilde was told in the letter she received from Passavant?
(a) Eskimo told her he planned on shooting himself in the hand.
(b) A woman told her that Eskimo was thrown over the trench.
(c) She would like to meet with with Mathilde immediately.
(d) She no longer loves Eskimo and doesn't want to talk about him.
2. Where did Mariette Notre-Dame go when she left for good leaving no forwarding address?
(b) A taxi out of the country.
(d) Train station.
3. What happened when Mathilde sent a letter to the wife of The Man?
(a) It was returned saying she was not at that address.
(b) It was returned saying she did not want to contact Mathilde.
(c) It was never answered or responded to.
(d) It was forwarded to Paris.
4. Where does Mathilde keep her papers where she organizes her thoughts?
(a) In the personal journal Manech gave her.
(b) Under pillow as she slept and dreamed about Manech.
(c) In the wedding trousseau she prepared for Manech.
(d) In a mahogany box Manech gave her.
5. Which character was an orphan and married an orphan?
(d) Common Law.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did throwing the five men over the trench cause between the two sides?
2. What was Little Louis glad to read about in Eskimo's letter?
3. Who does Six-Soux send his letter to?
4. What decision does Therese make that she believes Six-Soux would approve of?
5. What was Bastoche's job before he joined the army?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)