|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Mahogany Box.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Madam Conte say she is related to Valentina?
2. What is the young French woman in this novel searching for?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her fiance.
3. What couldn't Esperanza believe the French would do to their own soldiers?
(a) Allow them to be killed by firing squad.
(b) Refuse to follow direct orders.
(c) Order them to kill their commrades.
(d) Throw them over the top of a trench to be killed.
4. Where does Mathilde spend much of her time?
(a) Walking through the trenches.
(b) In Paris.
(c) In England, in the hospital.
(d) Her family's vacation home.
5. What does Pierre-Marie believe about Esperanza's story?
(a) He thinks it is a sad story.
(b) He thinks it is a tall tale.
(c) He thinks that Mathilde is telling it wrong.
(d) He thinks it is all a lie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was not one of the items Manech had requested from the cook?
2. How long does Pierre-Marie investigate Esperanza's story?
3. What year is it when Mathilde receives the letter from the dying man?
4. What did Biscuit and Eskimo have in common?
5. How many men accompanied the condemned men to the trench?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)