|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Mahogany Box.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the captain wish Esperanza had done with the condemned men?
(a) Taken them to the right trench.
(b) Let them run off.
(c) Killed them.
(d) Taken them to another captain.
2. When was this novel written?
(a) During and after WWI.
(b) Before WWI.
(c) During and after WWII.
(d) During WWII.
3. Why is Mathilde unable to walk?
(a) She was born unable to walk.
(b) She fell off of a ladder when she was little.
(c) A shell from the war hurt her.
(d) She was painting and the easel fell on her.
4. Who was the only man not to answer to his name according to Captain Favourier's letter?
(d) Common Law.
5. What couldn't Esperanza believe the French would do to their own soldiers?
(a) Refuse to follow direct orders.
(b) Throw them over the top of a trench to be killed.
(c) Order them to kill their commrades.
(d) Allow them to be killed by firing squad.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pierre-Marie believe about Esperanza's story?
2. What information did Urbain Chardolot share with Mathilde?
3. When did Madam Conte say Valentina lasted visited?
4. What is Bastoche's nickname?
5. What did Esperanza allow the condemned men do as they ate?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)