|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Mahogany Box.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had the captain been before the war?
(a) Prison guard.
(c) History teacher.
2. Who does Mathilde go to visit in October of 1919?
(a) Angel's lover.
(b) Captain Favourier.
(d) Six-Soux's wife.
3. Who does Sylvain go to visit?
(a) Celestin Poux.
(b) Jean-Baptiste Santini.
(c) Mariette Notre-Dame.
(d) Urbain Chardolot.
4. Where does Mathilde keep her papers where she organizes her thoughts?
(a) In a mahogany box Manech gave her.
(b) Under pillow as she slept and dreamed about Manech.
(c) In the personal journal Manech gave her.
(d) In the wedding trousseau she prepared for Manech.
5. Why is Mathilde unable to walk?
(a) A shell from the war hurt her.
(b) She fell off of a ladder when she was little.
(c) She was painting and the easel fell on her.
(d) She was born unable to walk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Manech's nickname?
2. How bad was the falling out between Gordes and Eskimo according to Boisseau?
3. What belief does Captain Favourier have about the men?
4. Who does Angel write his letter to?
5. What does Mathilde search for as she begins to try to prove Pierre-Marie wrong?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)