|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Mahogany Box.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Esperanza allow the condemned men do as they ate?
(a) Use the telephone to call whomever they wished.
(b) Write a final letter to whomever they wished.
(c) Escape from the trench and other soldiers.
(d) Write out their last will and testimate.
2. Who writes to Mathilde in January of 1920?
(a) Benjamin Gordes.
(b) Captain Favourier.
(c) Celestin Poux.
(d) Veronique Passavant.
3. What does Mathilde do when she gets home?
(a) Cries from grief over her lost love.
(b) Tries to contact one of the family members of another person on the list.
(c) Looks through the items Esperanza gave her.
(d) Talks to her family about what Esperanza told her.
4. Where does Mathilde keep her papers where she organizes her thoughts?
(a) In the wedding trousseau she prepared for Manech.
(b) In a mahogany box Manech gave her.
(c) Under pillow as she slept and dreamed about Manech.
(d) In the personal journal Manech gave her.
5. Why wouldn't Manech's captain let him go home?
(a) He didn't trust him.
(b) He wanted him punished.
(c) He needed more soldiers.
(d) He didn't like him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Manech wear as he walks with the others?
2. Where does Mathilde spend much of her time?
3. Which man readily admitted to Esperanza that he had committed self-mutilation?
4. What was Little Louis glad to read about in Eskimo's letter?
5. What does Elodie Gordes need the pension for?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)