|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Mahogany Box.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Manech wear as he walks with the others?
(a) A blood smear from his friend.
(b) A look of intense grief.
(c) A faraway smile.
(d) A hat taken from a dead soldier.
2. Which man readily admitted to Esperanza that he had committed self-mutilation?
(d) Common Law.
3. How bad was the falling out between Gordes and Eskimo according to Boisseau?
(a) So bad that he requested a transfer so he wasn't fighting with Eskimo.
(b) So bad that they cursed and shot at each other frequently.
(c) So bad that they refused to talk to each other.
(d) So bad that they tried to kill each other.
4. What belief does Captain Favourier have about the men?
(a) That they will forgive him.
(b) That they died quickly.
(c) That all five are still alive.
(d) That they moved over to the other side.
5. Why did Elodie Gordes hire the private investigator?
(a) To find her long lost lover.
(b) To find another clue to where her husband might be living.
(c) To have her husband declared legally dead.
(d) To understand the truth of that day at Bingo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mathilde go to visit in October of 1919?
2. In what year was this novel made into a French film?
3. How does Mathilde gain information about Mariette's whereabouts?
4. What did Esperanza's commander tell him to do in regards to Bingo Crepuscule?
5. Who promised to protect Manech for as long as he could?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)