|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Queen Victoria's Tuppence.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mathilde do after she reads all of the letters?
(a) Searches out Captain Favourier.
(b) Writes down her conversation with Esperanza.
(c) Puts them in a very safe location.
(d) Shares the letters with her relatives.
2. What wish does Captain Favourier speak of in his letter?
(a) The wish that he had ignored orders.
(b) The wish that he will be forgiven for what he did.
(c) The wish Esperanza forget everything that was done.
(d) The wish to get orders to collect the men.
3. What does Pierre-Marie try to convince Mathilde to do?
(a) Travel to the trench and claim Manech's body.
(b) Write to Manech's commanding officer.
(c) Give up her investigation.
(d) Search harder for Manech.
4. What did Esperanza allow the condemned men do as they ate?
(a) Escape from the trench and other soldiers.
(b) Write out their last will and testimate.
(c) Write a final letter to whomever they wished.
(d) Use the telephone to call whomever they wished.
5. How many men accompanied the condemned men to the trench?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eskimo want to be given to his lover?
2. Where did Esperanza meet Manech?
3. Why did Esperanza write Manech's letter?
4. What month is it as this chapter opens?
5. What is Daniel Esperanza dying from?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)