|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Queen Victoria's Tuppence.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pierre-Marie try to convince Mathilde to do?
(a) Write to Manech's commanding officer.
(b) Travel to the trench and claim Manech's body.
(c) Give up her investigation.
(d) Search harder for Manech.
2. Why did Angel agree to join the army?
(a) He didn't think the war would last long.
(b) He needed to find a way to support his wife.
(c) He wanted to find fame and fortune.
(d) He wanted to fight a common enemy.
3. Where did Esperanza meet Manech?
(a) He was the man who condemned him to death.
(b) He served with him when he shot himself.
(c) He was part of the group that was condemned to death.
(d) He was assigned to lead the condemned to a trench.
4. How does Mathilde gain information about Mariette's whereabouts?
(a) She talks to her young son, Baptistin.
(b) She writes to the priest who married them.
(c) She goes to visit her in Paris.
(d) She goes back to visit Esperanza.
5. What year did Biscuit and Eskimo stop being friends?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did throwing the five men over the trench cause between the two sides?
2. How long does Pierre-Marie investigate Esperanza's story?
3. What does Mathilde search for as she begins to try to prove Pierre-Marie wrong?
4. Which of the men condemned to death did Esperanza indicate was wearing German boots?
5. What did Little Louis learn about Biscuit?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)