|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Queen Victoria's Tuppence.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why wouldn't Manech's captain let him go home?
(a) He didn't trust him.
(b) He didn't like him.
(c) He wanted him punished.
(d) He needed more soldiers.
2. Which of the following is not one of the things Esperanza gives to Mathilde as she leaves?
(a) The names of the recipients of the condemned men's letters.
(b) The typed list of the condemned men.
(c) A group picture of the condemned men.
(d) Copies of the condemned men's letters.
3. What had the captain been before the war?
(c) Prison guard.
(d) History teacher.
4. What does Manech wear as he walks with the others?
(a) A blood smear from his friend.
(b) A look of intense grief.
(c) A hat taken from a dead soldier.
(d) A faraway smile.
5. Why did Esperanza write Manech's letter?
(a) He was illiterate and unable to write.
(b) He was injured in the hand he wrote with.
(c) He was in too much of a transe-like state to write.
(d) He refused to write one himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were those that were convicted of self-mutilation but not sentenced to death required to do?
2. How many men accompanied the condemned men to the trench?
3. What does Pierre-Marie believe about Esperanza's story?
4. Who was the only man not to answer to his name according to Captain Favourier's letter?
5. Which of the following characters did not believe in the war when he was assigned his number?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)