|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Queen Victoria's Tuppence.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the young French woman in this novel searching for?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her fiance.
2. Why wouldn't Manech's captain let him go home?
(a) He didn't trust him.
(b) He didn't like him.
(c) He needed more soldiers.
(d) He wanted him punished.
3. Which of the following is not one of the things Esperanza gives to Mathilde as she leaves?
(a) A group picture of the condemned men.
(b) The names of the recipients of the condemned men's letters.
(c) Copies of the condemned men's letters.
(d) The typed list of the condemned men.
4. What year is it when Mathilde receives the letter from the dying man?
5. What does Pierre-Marie believe about Esperanza's story?
(a) He thinks it is all a lie.
(b) He thinks that Mathilde is telling it wrong.
(c) He thinks it is a sad story.
(d) He thinks it is a tall tale.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Angel agree to join the army?
2. What does Pierre-Marie report happened to the condemned men?
3. What did Esperanza allow the condemned men do as they ate?
4. Why is Mathilde unable to walk?
5. What does Manech wear as he walks with the others?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)