|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Queen Victoria's Tuppence.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Mariette Notre-Dame go when she left for good leaving no forwarding address?
(b) A taxi out of the country.
(d) Train station.
2. How does Mathilde gain information about Mariette's whereabouts?
(a) She goes back to visit Esperanza.
(b) She writes to the priest who married them.
(c) She goes to visit her in Paris.
(d) She talks to her young son, Baptistin.
3. What were those that were convicted of self-mutilation but not sentenced to death required to do?
(a) Leave the army.
(b) Spend their days in jail.
(c) Complete hard labor.
(d) Assassinate enemy soldiers.
4. What belief does Captain Favourier have about the men?
(a) That all five are still alive.
(b) That they moved over to the other side.
(c) That they will forgive him.
(d) That they died quickly.
5. What is the young French woman in this novel searching for?
(a) Her fiance.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had the captain been before the war?
2. What was Bastoche's job before he joined the army?
3. What did the enemy side throw out over no-man's-land?
4. How does Madam Conte say she is related to Valentina?
5. Why does the smile make the other men uncomfortable?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)