|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Good Old Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mathilde do when she gets home?
(a) Talks to her family about what Esperanza told her.
(b) Cries from grief over her lost love.
(c) Tries to contact one of the family members of another person on the list.
(d) Looks through the items Esperanza gave her.
2. How does Mathilde gain information about Mariette's whereabouts?
(a) She writes to the priest who married them.
(b) She goes back to visit Esperanza.
(c) She talks to her young son, Baptistin.
(d) She goes to visit her in Paris.
3. What happened when Mathilde sent a letter to the wife of The Man?
(a) It was forwarded to Paris.
(b) It was returned saying she was not at that address.
(c) It was never answered or responded to.
(d) It was returned saying she did not want to contact Mathilde.
4. Which of the following is not one of the things Esperanza gives to Mathilde as she leaves?
(a) Copies of the condemned men's letters.
(b) The names of the recipients of the condemned men's letters.
(c) A group picture of the condemned men.
(d) The typed list of the condemned men.
5. What is Bastoche's nickname?
(d) Common Law.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters is from Paris?
2. How many men are being led to their deaths at the beginning of this novel?
3. Why does the smile make the other men uncomfortable?
4. Who does Mathilde go to visit in October of 1919?
5. What does Mathilde do after she reads all of the letters?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)