|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Good Old Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Angel agree to join the army?
(a) He needed to find a way to support his wife.
(b) He wanted to find fame and fortune.
(c) He wanted to fight a common enemy.
(d) He didn't think the war would last long.
2. How does Madam Conte say she is related to Valentina?
3. What did Mathilde learn from Valentia about Ange's death?
(a) That it was somewhere near the Somme.
(b) That it could not be confirmed at this point.
(c) That he made it to Paris and there he died.
(d) That he was not dead.
4. What is the young French woman in this novel searching for?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her fiance.
(d) Her husband.
5. Who wrote the strangest of all of the letters?
(c) Common Law.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who promised to protect Manech for as long as he could?
2. What did Biscuit and Eskimo have in common?
3. How does Mathilde gain information about Mariette's whereabouts?
4. Which of the following characters did not believe in the war when he was assigned his number?
5. Why is Mathilde unable to walk?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)