|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Good Old Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did throwing the five men over the trench cause between the two sides?
(a) A peace treaty.
(b) A sort of bonding.
(c) Heavy fighting.
(d) A lack of respect.
2. What does Mathilde do when she gets home?
(a) Looks through the items Esperanza gave her.
(b) Tries to contact one of the family members of another person on the list.
(c) Talks to her family about what Esperanza told her.
(d) Cries from grief over her lost love.
3. What did Esperanza allow the condemned men do as they ate?
(a) Escape from the trench and other soldiers.
(b) Write out their last will and testimate.
(c) Use the telephone to call whomever they wished.
(d) Write a final letter to whomever they wished.
4. Where does Mathilde spend much of her time?
(a) Her family's vacation home.
(b) Walking through the trenches.
(c) In Paris.
(d) In England, in the hospital.
5. What does Eskimo want to be given to his lover?
(a) The deed to his house.
(b) All of his savings and an apology.
(c) The news of his death.
(d) The items he has hidden in his safe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What belief does Captain Favourier have about the men?
2. When was this novel written?
3. How does Mathilde gain information about Mariette's whereabouts?
4. What did the captain wish Esperanza had done with the condemned men?
5. Why is Mathilde unable to walk?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)