|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Good Old Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What couldn't Esperanza believe the French would do to their own soldiers?
(a) Allow them to be killed by firing squad.
(b) Order them to kill their commrades.
(c) Refuse to follow direct orders.
(d) Throw them over the top of a trench to be killed.
2. Which of the following characters is from Paris?
(d) Common Law.
3. How old is Mathilde at this point in the novel?
4. What did Biscuit and Eskimo have in common?
(a) They were both woodworkers.
(b) They both loved Vera.
(c) They both loved to cook.
(d) They both were condemned prisoners.
5. Where did Esperanza meet Manech?
(a) He was part of the group that was condemned to death.
(b) He was the man who condemned him to death.
(c) He served with him when he shot himself.
(d) He was assigned to lead the condemned to a trench.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Six-Soux send his letter to?
2. Which of the following characters did not believe in the war when he was assigned his number?
3. Which character was an orphan and married an orphan?
4. What was Manech's nickname?
5. Who promised to protect Manech for as long as he could?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)