|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Good Old Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Esperanza meet Manech?
(a) He was the man who condemned him to death.
(b) He was assigned to lead the condemned to a trench.
(c) He was part of the group that was condemned to death.
(d) He served with him when he shot himself.
2. Which man readily admitted to Esperanza that he had committed self-mutilation?
(a) Common Law.
3. Where does Mathilde spend much of her time?
(a) In Paris.
(b) In England, in the hospital.
(c) Her family's vacation home.
(d) Walking through the trenches.
4. Which of the following characters is probably thinking about his fiance as he is walking with the others?
(c) Common Law.
5. What couldn't Esperanza believe the French would do to their own soldiers?
(a) Order them to kill their commrades.
(b) Refuse to follow direct orders.
(c) Throw them over the top of a trench to be killed.
(d) Allow them to be killed by firing squad.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Manech's nickname?
2. Why wouldn't Manech's captain let him go home?
3. What did the enemy side throw out over no-man's-land?
4. When was this novel written?
5. What did Little Louis learn about Biscuit?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)