|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Bingo Crepuscule.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had the captain been before the war?
(a) History teacher.
(b) Prison guard.
2. Why does the smile make the other men uncomfortable?
(a) Because it has an eerie look to it.
(b) Because they know he is being led to his death.
(c) Because it does not reach his eyes.
(d) Because even as he yells, he smiles.
3. Which of the following is not one of the things Esperanza gives to Mathilde as she leaves?
(a) The names of the recipients of the condemned men's letters.
(b) A group picture of the condemned men.
(c) Copies of the condemned men's letters.
(d) The typed list of the condemned men.
4. Where did Esperanza meet Manech?
(a) He served with him when he shot himself.
(b) He was assigned to lead the condemned to a trench.
(c) He was part of the group that was condemned to death.
(d) He was the man who condemned him to death.
5. What did the captain wish Esperanza had done with the condemned men?
(a) Killed them.
(b) Taken them to the right trench.
(c) Taken them to another captain.
(d) Let them run off.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did throwing the five men over the trench cause between the two sides?
2. What couldn't Esperanza believe the French would do to their own soldiers?
3. Which of the following characters did not believe in the war when he was assigned his number?
4. Who promised to protect Manech for as long as he could?
5. What is Daniel Esperanza dying from?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)