Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Other Side of No-Man's-Land.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mathilde search for as she begins to try to prove Pierre-Marie wrong?
(a) The trench named Bingo.
(b) A stamp.
(c) Manech's commanding officer.
(d) Military records.
2. In what year do Manech and Mathilde share their first kiss?
3. Which of the following is one of the things Mathilde was told in the letter she received from Passavant?
(a) A woman told her that Eskimo was thrown over the trench.
(b) She would like to meet with with Mathilde immediately.
(c) Eskimo told her he planned on shooting himself in the hand.
(d) She no longer loves Eskimo and doesn't want to talk about him.
4. When did Gunther Weiss die?
(a) The first day of fighting following the day the men were thrown over the trench.
(b) The fourth day of fighting following the day the men were thrown over the trench.
(c) The second day of fighting following the day the men were thrown over the trench.
(d) The third day of fighting following the day the men were thrown over the trench.
5. Where does Mathilde keep her papers where she organizes her thoughts?
(a) In the wedding trousseau she prepared for Manech.
(b) In a mahogany box Manech gave her.
(c) In the personal journal Manech gave her.
(d) Under pillow as she slept and dreamed about Manech.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Elodie Gordes hire the private investigator?
2. Why did Cornflower try to eat tainted meat?
3. What could be said to be the theme for the remainder of the year for Mathilde?
4. Who writes to Mathilde in January of 1920?
5. Why didn't Poux see Manech die?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)