Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Good Old Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Esperanza write Manech's letter?
(a) He was injured in the hand he wrote with.
(b) He refused to write one himself.
(c) He was in too much of a transe-like state to write.
(d) He was illiterate and unable to write.
2. What wish does Captain Favourier speak of in his letter?
(a) The wish to get orders to collect the men.
(b) The wish that he will be forgiven for what he did.
(c) The wish that he had ignored orders.
(d) The wish Esperanza forget everything that was done.
3. Who promised to protect Manech for as long as he could?
(c) Common Law.
(d) The Man.
4. What did Little Louis believe the fight between Eskimo and Vera was about?
(a) Another woman.
(b) Eskimo's bad habits.
5. Which of the following is not one of the things Esperanza gives to Mathilde as she leaves?
(a) A group picture of the condemned men.
(b) The typed list of the condemned men.
(c) Copies of the condemned men's letters.
(d) The names of the recipients of the condemned men's letters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mathilde do when she gets home?
2. How many men are being led to their deaths at the beginning of this novel?
3. Why is Mathilde unable to walk?
4. What did Biscuit and Eskimo have in common?
5. What did Mathilde learn from Valentia about Ange's death?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)