|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Sunflowers at the End of the World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mathilde learn from Valentia about Ange's death?
(a) That it could not be confirmed at this point.
(b) That he made it to Paris and there he died.
(c) That it was somewhere near the Somme.
(d) That he was not dead.
2. What belief does Captain Favourier have about the men?
(a) That they moved over to the other side.
(b) That they died quickly.
(c) That all five are still alive.
(d) That they will forgive him.
3. What did the captain wish Esperanza had done with the condemned men?
(a) Taken them to the right trench.
(b) Killed them.
(c) Let them run off.
(d) Taken them to another captain.
4. What was the name of the code that Mathilde thinks Benoit's letter is written in?
5. What did Esperanza allow the condemned men do as they ate?
(a) Write a final letter to whomever they wished.
(b) Escape from the trench and other soldiers.
(c) Write out their last will and testimate.
(d) Use the telephone to call whomever they wished.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mathilde keep her papers where she organizes her thoughts?
2. How did Benjamin and Elodie meet?
3. What does Mathilde do after she reads all of the letters?
4. What information did Urbain Chardolot share with Mathilde?
5. When did Tina write the letter to Mathilde?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)