|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Sunflowers at the End of the World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mathilde learn from Valentia about Ange's death?
(a) That it was somewhere near the Somme.
(b) That it could not be confirmed at this point.
(c) That he was not dead.
(d) That he made it to Paris and there he died.
2. What did Elodie reveal about her love of Benjamin in her letter to Mathilde?
(a) She tolerated him, but is just as glad that he is gone now.
(b) She pretended to love him to have a place to live.
(c) Her passion was not as strong as it was for her first lover.
(d) It was the strongest love she's ever felt.
3. When did Madam Conte say Valentina lasted visited?
(a) January 1918.
(b) April 1917.
(c) January 1917.
(d) December 1918.
4. How long did Manech receive training before he was sent to the front as a foot soldier?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) A month.
(c) Less than a week.
(d) About a year.
5. Why does Poux believe That Man died first?
(a) He saw him being shot 15 times and falling into the snow.
(b) He saw him crawl behind a pile of bricks as the enemy machine gun made 15 passes.
(c) He saw him riddled with bullets and fall back into the trench covered in blood.
(d) He saw him dive back into the trench and be thrown back up into the air.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Germain say he will find Poux for no extra cost?
2. Who does Mathilde think was the woman who visited the Eskimo's lover?
3. Why did Cornflower try to eat tainted meat?
4. Whose idea was it for Tina to become a prostitute?
5. What is the young French woman in this novel searching for?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)