|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Sunflowers at the End of the World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Poux witness Common Law do once he left the trench?
(a) Dive back into the trench and beg for mercy.
(b) Hide behind a wall and pray to God.
(c) Tell the enemy he would sell them secrets.
(d) Run toward the enemy saying he surrendered.
2. What does Pierre-Marie believe about Esperanza's story?
(a) He thinks it is all a lie.
(b) He thinks it is a sad story.
(c) He thinks that Mathilde is telling it wrong.
(d) He thinks it is a tall tale.
3. Who was Heinz Gerstacker?
(a) A German soldier who was taken prisoner.
(b) A German man who killed Manech.
(c) A German soldier who witnessed Manech's death.
(d) A German man who sold his boots.
4. When did Madam Conte say Valentina lasted visited?
(a) April 1917.
(b) December 1918.
(c) January 1918.
(d) January 1917.
5. Why did Elodie Gordes hire the private investigator?
(a) To have her husband declared legally dead.
(b) To find another clue to where her husband might be living.
(c) To understand the truth of that day at Bingo.
(d) To find her long lost lover.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Manech offer to teach Mathilde to do?
2. How long does Pierre-Marie investigate Esperanza's story?
3. Why is Mathilde unable to walk?
4. What couldn't Esperanza believe the French would do to their own soldiers?
5. What was Bastoche's job before he joined the army?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)