|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Sunflowers at the End of the World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened when Mathilde sent a letter to the wife of The Man?
(a) It was returned saying she was not at that address.
(b) It was forwarded to Paris.
(c) It was never answered or responded to.
(d) It was returned saying she did not want to contact Mathilde.
2. How does Sylvain know to look in the newspaper for information?
(a) He receives a call.
(b) He was looking at the paper anyway.
(c) He heard the commotion behind him.
(d) He received a letter.
3. Why did Esperanza write Manech's letter?
(a) He was injured in the hand he wrote with.
(b) He was in too much of a transe-like state to write.
(c) He was illiterate and unable to write.
(d) He refused to write one himself.
4. Where does Mathilde spend much of her time?
(a) In England, in the hospital.
(b) Walking through the trenches.
(c) Her family's vacation home.
(d) In Paris.
5. Where does Mathilde keep her papers where she organizes her thoughts?
(a) In a mahogany box Manech gave her.
(b) In the personal journal Manech gave her.
(c) Under pillow as she slept and dreamed about Manech.
(d) In the wedding trousseau she prepared for Manech.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mathilde go to meet Elodies Gordes?
2. Who contacted Pierre-Marie?
3. What is Bastoche's nickname?
4. What detail did the woman who explained about the five men not mention that gave Mathilde hope that Manech was still alive?
5. Why does the smile make the other men uncomfortable?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)