|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Sunflowers at the End of the World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Manech mark the occasion of his and Mathilde's engagement?
(a) By writing three Ms on his arm.
(b) By running outside and yelling it to the world.
(c) By annoucing it to Sylvain and Benedicte.
(d) By carving three Ms in a tree.
2. Who told Heidi about how the five men had died?
(a) Her father's commanding officer.
(b) Her brother's commanding officer.
(c) Her lover's commanding officer.
(d) Her husband's commanding officer.
3. What couldn't Esperanza believe the French would do to their own soldiers?
(a) Throw them over the top of a trench to be killed.
(b) Order them to kill their commrades.
(c) Allow them to be killed by firing squad.
(d) Refuse to follow direct orders.
4. What does Mathilde do when she gets home?
(a) Talks to her family about what Esperanza told her.
(b) Tries to contact one of the family members of another person on the list.
(c) Looks through the items Esperanza gave her.
(d) Cries from grief over her lost love.
5. Why did Benoit consider harming Mathilde?
(a) He thought she might endanger his freedom.
(b) He thought she had killed his wife.
(c) He thought she was working with his enemies.
(d) He thought she was going to harm him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pierre-Marie report happened to the condemned men?
2. What did Poux witness Common Law do once he left the trench?
3. Why was Benjamin angry with Eskimo when Eskimo returned to war?
4. Which of the following is one of the things Mathilde was told in the letter she received from Passavant?
5. Who does Mathilde go to visit in October of 1919?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)