|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Sunflowers at the End of the World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would Mathilde need to be able to decode the letter from Benoit?
(a) The key to the code.
(b) The original letter.
(c) A magnifying glass.
(d) More information about Benoit.
2. How does Sylvain know to look in the newspaper for information?
(a) He received a letter.
(b) He receives a call.
(c) He was looking at the paper anyway.
(d) He heard the commotion behind him.
3. When did Tina write the letter to Mathilde?
(a) After Madam Conte's death.
(b) As she was waiting to be led to the guillotine.
(c) When she was visiting her lover's grave.
(d) The first time Madam Conte told her she was trying to contact her.
4. What did Esperanza's commander tell him to do in regards to Bingo Crepuscule?
(a) Write down the events that happened there.
(b) Tell him about the captain's reluctance to follow orders there.
(c) Forget everything that happened there.
(d) Report on the success of his mission there.
5. How do Poux and Mathilde get along?
(a) They do not like each other.
(b) They do not trust each other.
(c) They have an instant camaraderie.
(d) They fall deeply in love.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men are being led to their deaths at the beginning of this novel?
2. What does Eskimo want to be given to his lover?
3. What does Mathilde do after she reads all of the letters?
4. What happened when Mathilde sent a letter to the wife of The Man?
5. How long after their engagement does Manech leave for the war?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)