|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Sunflowers at the End of the World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Poux say that he remembered a man who had lost his mind doing?
(a) Build a snowman in the middle of no-man's-land.
(b) Run back and forth across no-man's-land.
(c) Grab Eskimo's gun and shoot himself in the eye.
(d) Run toward the enemy laughing hysterically.
2. Where does Mathilde spend much of her time?
(a) Walking through the trenches.
(b) In England, in the hospital.
(c) In Paris.
(d) Her family's vacation home.
3. Why doesn't Elodie give Mathilde much information?
(a) She is afraid she'll lose her pension.
(b) She does not trust Mathilde.
(c) She is too emotionally heartbroken.
(d) She is too embarrassed.
4. Who contacted Pierre-Marie?
(a) Tina's lawyer.
(b) The executioner.
(c) Tins'a mother.
5. What did Mathilde learn from Valentia about Ange's death?
(a) That it was somewhere near the Somme.
(b) That he was not dead.
(c) That he made it to Paris and there he died.
(d) That it could not be confirmed at this point.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mathilde believe had enacted the plan to exchange the boots?
2. What belief does Captain Favourier have about the men?
3. Where does Mathilde go to meet Elodies Gordes?
4. What was Bastoche's job before he joined the army?
5. When was this novel written?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)