|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Good Old Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mathilde spend much of her time?
(a) Her family's vacation home.
(b) In England, in the hospital.
(c) In Paris.
(d) Walking through the trenches.
2. Why is Mathilde unable to walk?
(a) She fell off of a ladder when she was little.
(b) A shell from the war hurt her.
(c) She was born unable to walk.
(d) She was painting and the easel fell on her.
3. What season is it as this novel opens?
4. How does Mathilde gain information about Mariette's whereabouts?
(a) She goes back to visit Esperanza.
(b) She writes to the priest who married them.
(c) She talks to her young son, Baptistin.
(d) She goes to visit her in Paris.
5. How old is Mathilde at this point in the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mathilde go to visit in October of 1919?
2. Why wouldn't Manech's captain let him go home?
3. What does Eskimo want to be given to his lover?
4. Why did Angel agree to join the army?
5. Which character was an orphan and married an orphan?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)