|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Good Old Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Esperanza's commander tell him to do in regards to Bingo Crepuscule?
(a) Forget everything that happened there.
(b) Report on the success of his mission there.
(c) Tell him about the captain's reluctance to follow orders there.
(d) Write down the events that happened there.
2. What does Mathilde do when she gets home?
(a) Talks to her family about what Esperanza told her.
(b) Looks through the items Esperanza gave her.
(c) Cries from grief over her lost love.
(d) Tries to contact one of the family members of another person on the list.
3. Where did Esperanza meet Manech?
(a) He served with him when he shot himself.
(b) He was the man who condemned him to death.
(c) He was assigned to lead the condemned to a trench.
(d) He was part of the group that was condemned to death.
4. Where does Mathilde spend much of her time?
(a) In Paris.
(b) Walking through the trenches.
(c) Her family's vacation home.
(d) In England, in the hospital.
5. Why did Angel agree to join the army?
(a) He didn't think the war would last long.
(b) He needed to find a way to support his wife.
(c) He wanted to find fame and fortune.
(d) He wanted to fight a common enemy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the men condemned to death did Esperanza indicate was wearing German boots?
2. What wish does Captain Favourier speak of in his letter?
3. Who promised to protect Manech for as long as he could?
4. How does Mathilde gain information about Mariette's whereabouts?
5. What did Little Louis believe the fight between Eskimo and Vera was about?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)