|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Good Old Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What season is it as this novel opens?
2. What is Louis Teyssier to Eskimo?
(a) A friend.
(b) A business associate.
(c) A relative.
(d) A lover.
3. Why did Angel agree to join the army?
(a) He wanted to find fame and fortune.
(b) He wanted to fight a common enemy.
(c) He needed to find a way to support his wife.
(d) He didn't think the war would last long.
4. What year is it when Mathilde receives the letter from the dying man?
5. Why did Esperanza write Manech's letter?
(a) He was in too much of a transe-like state to write.
(b) He refused to write one himself.
(c) He was injured in the hand he wrote with.
(d) He was illiterate and unable to write.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the captain wish Esperanza had done with the condemned men?
2. What was Little Louis glad to read about in Eskimo's letter?
3. What did the enemy side throw out over no-man's-land?
4. Which of the following characters did not believe in the war when he was assigned his number?
5. How old is Mathilde at this point in the novel?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)