|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Good Old Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men are being led to their deaths at the beginning of this novel?
2. What wish does Captain Favourier speak of in his letter?
(a) The wish to get orders to collect the men.
(b) The wish that he had ignored orders.
(c) The wish that he will be forgiven for what he did.
(d) The wish Esperanza forget everything that was done.
3. Which of the following characters did not believe in the war when he was assigned his number?
(b) Common Law.
4. Why did Esperanza write Manech's letter?
(a) He was in too much of a transe-like state to write.
(b) He was injured in the hand he wrote with.
(c) He was illiterate and unable to write.
(d) He refused to write one himself.
5. What happened when Mathilde sent a letter to the wife of The Man?
(a) It was returned saying she did not want to contact Mathilde.
(b) It was returned saying she was not at that address.
(c) It was never answered or responded to.
(d) It was forwarded to Paris.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the enemy side throw out over no-man's-land?
2. What season is it as this novel opens?
3. What did Little Louis learn about Biscuit?
4. Which of the following characters is probably thinking about his fiance as he is walking with the others?
5. Who does Mathilde go to visit in October of 1919?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)