|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Good Old Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had the captain been before the war?
(a) Prison guard.
(d) History teacher.
2. Why is Mathilde unable to walk?
(a) A shell from the war hurt her.
(b) She fell off of a ladder when she was little.
(c) She was painting and the easel fell on her.
(d) She was born unable to walk.
3. What year did Biscuit and Eskimo stop being friends?
4. How does Madam Conte say she is related to Valentina?
5. Why did Cornflower try to eat tainted meat?
(a) To avoid being killed by an enemy soldier.
(b) As penance for suriving when his friend did not.
(c) To kill himself.
(d) To make himself appear jaundiced.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Mathilde at this point in the novel?
2. What does Mathilde do after she reads all of the letters?
3. What did the captain wish Esperanza had done with the condemned men?
4. Who promised to protect Manech for as long as he could?
5. What belief does Captain Favourier have about the men?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)