|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Good Old Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why wouldn't Manech's captain let him go home?
(a) He wanted him punished.
(b) He needed more soldiers.
(c) He didn't trust him.
(d) He didn't like him.
2. What was Little Louis glad to read about in Eskimo's letter?
(a) That Eskimo knew where Vera was.
(b) That Eskimo had money to give to Vera.
(c) That Eskimo and Biscuit had reconciled.
(d) That Eskimo still remembered Little Louis.
3. What did the captain wish Esperanza had done with the condemned men?
(a) Taken them to another captain.
(b) Let them run off.
(c) Killed them.
(d) Taken them to the right trench.
4. What had the captain been before the war?
(a) History teacher.
(b) Prison guard.
5. Who promised to protect Manech for as long as he could?
(b) Common Law.
(d) The Man.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Madam Conte say she is related to Valentina?
2. Why is Mathilde unable to walk?
3. What season is it as this novel opens?
4. What wish does Captain Favourier speak of in his letter?
5. What is Louis Teyssier to Eskimo?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)