|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Mimosas of Hossegor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mathilde gain information about Mariette's whereabouts?
(a) She talks to her young son, Baptistin.
(b) She writes to the priest who married them.
(c) She goes to visit her in Paris.
(d) She goes back to visit Esperanza.
2. What had the captain been before the war?
(a) Prison guard.
(c) History teacher.
3. How did Benjamin and Elodie meet?
(a) He hired her to take care of his children when his wife died.
(b) His family took her in when her parents were killed.
(c) They knew each other since they were children.
(d) He had an affair with her.
4. Why did Esperanza write Manech's letter?
(a) He was in too much of a transe-like state to write.
(b) He was illiterate and unable to write.
(c) He refused to write one himself.
(d) He was injured in the hand he wrote with.
5. What does Pierre-Marie believe about Esperanza's story?
(a) He thinks it is all a lie.
(b) He thinks that Mathilde is telling it wrong.
(c) He thinks it is a tall tale.
(d) He thinks it is a sad story.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mathilde go to visit in October of 1919?
2. What does Pierre-Marie try to convince Mathilde to do?
3. What question did Germain Pier's letter answer for Mathilde?
4. What did Biscuit and Eskimo have in common?
5. What are Manech's first words to Mathilde?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)