|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Mimosas of Hossegor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Madam Conte say Valentina lasted visited?
(a) December 1918.
(b) January 1918.
(c) April 1917.
(d) January 1917.
2. Why did Esperanza write Manech's letter?
(a) He was illiterate and unable to write.
(b) He was injured in the hand he wrote with.
(c) He was in too much of a transe-like state to write.
(d) He refused to write one himself.
3. How long did Manech receive training before he was sent to the front as a foot soldier?
(a) Less than a week.
(b) About a year.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) A month.
4. What couldn't Esperanza believe the French would do to their own soldiers?
(a) Refuse to follow direct orders.
(b) Allow them to be killed by firing squad.
(c) Order them to kill their commrades.
(d) Throw them over the top of a trench to be killed.
5. What does Pierre-Marie report happened to the condemned men?
(a) They were sentenced to hard labor.
(b) They were pardoned.
(c) They escaped.
(d) They were thrown above the trench.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the captain wish Esperanza had done with the condemned men?
2. Where did Esperanza meet Manech?
3. What did Mathilde learn from Valentia about Ange's death?
4. What does Pire think happened to Valentina?
5. What did Biscuit and Eskimo have in common?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)