1. From what country is the author of this novel?
2. When was this novel written?
(a) Before WWI.
(b) During and after WWI.
(c) During and after WWII.
(d) During WWII.
3. What is the young French woman in this novel searching for?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her fiance.
4. In what year was this novel made into a French film?
5. What season is it as this novel opens?
6. How many men are being led to their deaths at the beginning of this novel?
7. What is Bastoche's nickname?
(c) Common Law.
8. What was Bastoche's job before he joined the army?
(c) Labor organizer.
9. Which of the following characters did not believe in the war when he was assigned his number?
(b) Common Law.
10. Which character was an orphan and married an orphan?
(d) Common Law.
This section contains 4,729 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)