Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Veronika become very angry in Chapter 13?
2. What was the name of Paulo's doctor when he was at the mental hospital?
3. Which country does Veronika live in?
4. Who laughs at Veronika in Chapter 13?
5. Why could Zedka never be with her love?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Veronika react whens he learns that she has a week to live?
2. Why were Eduard's parents happy when he started dating his first girlfriend?
3. How does Veronika feel after she has masturbated?
4. Why does Veronika change her mind about wanting to see her mother?
5. What does Veronika experience during her first heart attack?
6. What does Zedka experience during her treatments?
7. Why does Veronika smack the leader of The Fraternity?
8. What is Mari's belief for why Veronika has been playing the piano more and more frequently?
9. Why does Veronika decide to not touch Eduard even though she wants to while she masturbates?
10. Why do the residents laugh at Veronika after her heart attack?
Music is very important to Veronika. As the story progresses, she begins to transform because of it. She realizes that through music she can see life in a whole different light. Write an essay that explains how music helps Veronika transform and become a better person. Which emotions does she experience as she plays her music? How does she feel when she plays for the moon, the plants, and the beauty of nature? How does her opinion of the world change when she looks at it through melody and song?
Veronika blooms sexually throughout her stay at Villete. When she first arrives she is a woman who has slept with many men, but has not truly experienced the forbidden lusts. Write an essay that explores Veronika's sexuality in Veronika Decides to Die. How does she bloom sexually throughout the course of the story? What happens to her? Who prompts her to begin thinking about forbidden lusts?
Villete is the setting for much of the action that takes place in Veronika Decides to Die. It is only at the end that the characters branch out into the outside world. Write an essay that explores the history of Villete and why it is significant. When was it built? Who built it? What type of people are sent into Villete and why? Where does Villete get its funding from? Why is it often under government scrutiny?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)