|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mari pity Veronika?
(a) Because Veronika will never get Eduard.
(b) Because Veronika has no family.
(c) Because Veronika is going to die.
(d) Because now Veronika wants to live.
2. When Eduard was young, did he believe in God?
(b) Only sometimes.
(c) Eduard does not know what religion is.
3. Why does Eduard laugh at Veronika's naked body?
(a) Because she is ugly and unattractive.
(b) Because he does not understand the situation.
(c) Because she is very attractive and beautiful.
(d) Becuase he is nervous.
4. Why does Mari believe God set a trap for Adam and Eve?
(a) To be mean.
(b) To invent justice.
(c) To give them something to do.
(d) To make an example.
5. How many years of Mari's life were spent working?
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Zedka survive her last treatment?
2. How does Veronika react to finding out a third person is in the room?
3. How old is Eduard in his flashback?
4. Did Mari enter Villete voluntarily?
5. Which character does Chapter 16 focus on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to prompt Mari's first panic attack?
2. How does Veronika feel when she listens to the Sufi flute music?
3. Why does Veronika regret not living a little "crazier"?
4. Why did Mari refuse to go to the hospital when she first had a panic attack?
5. Why does Veronika want to have sex with Eduard?
6. Why does Zedka decide to finally leave Villete?
7. In what way does Eduard look different after Veronika has masturbated?
8. What is Dr. Igor's opinion of his theories on Vitriol?
9. Why is Veronika unable to accept the stimulants Dr. Igor offers?
10. How does Veronika feel after she has masturbated?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)