|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two prohibitions does Mari speak of?
(a) Rape and sex with children.
(b) Murder and rape.
(c) Murder and sex with animals.
(d) Rape and sex with animals.
2. What does Mari ask Veronika in Chapter 15?
(a) "Do you love women?"
(b) "Do you have sex a lot?"
(c) "Do you masturbate a lot?"
(d) "Do you fall in love often?"
3. What does Dr. Igor think of dreams?
(a) Only children dream.
(b) Dreams are the gateway to sin and are therefore bad.
(c) No one truly dreams, it is a figment of the imagination.
(d) If dreams aren't realized they release energy in the body.
4. What does Mari decide to do when she leaves Villete for good?
(a) Live a simple life.
(b) Rent a beach house.
(c) Go find her family.
(d) Find a new man.
5. How old does Dr. Igor say Veronika could live to be?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Eduard laugh at Veronika's naked body?
2. Why does Mari pity Veronika?
3. What style dress do the ladies in the photograph wear?
4. Which character does Chapter 16 focus on?
5. Did Eduard's parents support his art aspirations in his flashback?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Veronika change her mind about wanting to see her mother?
2. Why does Veronika decide to not kiss Eduard even though she wants to?
3. Why does Veronika enjoy playing the piano for Edward?
4. Why does Veronika wish for Zedka while she is masturbating?
5. Why are most deaths in Villete sudden?
6. Why does Veronika decide to masturbate in front of Eduard?
7. In what way does Eduard look different after Veronika has masturbated?
8. Why does Veronika question her sexuality and whether she has had a true orgasm?
9. Why does Veronika decide to not touch Eduard even though she wants to while she masturbates?
10. What happened to prompt Mari's first panic attack?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)