|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mari tell Veronika to play for Eduard again?
(a) Because he wants to sleep.
(b) Because he deserves it.
(c) Because he loves her.
(d) Because he is bored.
2. Which instrument does the speaker in Chapter 15 play?
3. What does Mari do while out in the garden?
(a) Cultivate roses.
(b) Dig a hole.
(c) Drink beer.
(d) Smoke a cigarette.
4. Why does Veronika decide to masturbate?
(a) Because Dr. Igor told her to.
(b) Because she is turned on by Eduard.
(c) Because she wants to prove she is a woman.
(d) Because she wants to pass the time.
5. Why did Mari lie to Dr. Igor about her condition so she would have to stay in Villete indefinitely?
(a) Because she is bored and wants friends.
(b) Because she has no where else to go.
(c) Because she is in love with Dr. Igor.
(d) Because she is afraid of her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the two male nurses drag Eduard from the library?
2. When Eduard was young, did he believe in God?
3. Did Mari's husband help her before she was sent to Villete?
4. Why does Mari not have the patience to explain herself to Veronika?
5. Why did Eduard ask for a bike in his flashback?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Eduard hate living in Brazil while he was growing up?
2. What happened to Mari's career after her panic attacks started?
3. Why does Veronika tell Eduard she must not play for him?
4. Why does Veronika enjoy playing the piano for Edward?
5. Why does Veronika regret not living a little "crazier"?
6. Why does Veronika want to have sex with Eduard?
7. Why does Veronika question her sexuality and whether she has had a true orgasm?
8. How does Veronika feel when she listens to the Sufi flute music?
9. How does Veronika feel after she has masturbated?
10. What is Mari's belief for why Veronika has been playing the piano more and more frequently?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)