|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Veronika react to finding out a third person is in the room?
2. How old does Dr. Igor say Veronika could live to be?
3. Why did Eduard's mother begin to worry about him?
(a) He started going out and staying over night at his girlfriend's house.
(b) He started going to a very liberal church with his girlfriend.
(c) He began reading strange and dangerous material with his girlfriend.
(d) He started cooking and baking for his girlfriend.
4. Who does Mari think Veronika should sleep with?
(a) The young doctor.
(c) Dr. Igor.
5. Why did Mari lie to Dr. Igor about her condition so she would have to stay in Villete indefinitely?
(a) Because she is afraid of her husband.
(b) Because she is bored and wants friends.
(c) Because she is in love with Dr. Igor.
(d) Because she has no where else to go.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Mari choose to admit herself to Villete even though she didn't need to?
2. Why does Mari believe God set a trap for Adam and Eve?
3. What does Dr. Igor think of dreams?
4. How does Veronika feel about Eduard once she finds out he was mentally present when she masturbated?
5. What style dress do the ladies in the photograph wear?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are most deaths in Villete sudden?
2. Why is Veronika unable to accept the stimulants Dr. Igor offers?
3. What happened to Mari's career after her panic attacks started?
4. Why does Veronika decide to masturbate in front of Eduard?
5. Why does Veronika regret not living a little "crazier"?
6. What is Mari's belief for why Veronika has been playing the piano more and more frequently?
7. Why does Veronika wish for Zedka while she is masturbating?
8. Why does Veronika want to have sex with Eduard?
9. What is Dr. Igor's opinion of his theories on Vitriol?
10. In what way does Eduard look different after Veronika has masturbated?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)