|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Eduard understand the pleasure Veronika gets from masturbating in front of him?
(c) A little.
(d) Veronika does not masturbate.
2. Does Eduard love Veronika?
(b) Eduard does not know Veronika.
(c) A little.
3. Why did Eduard's mother begin to worry about him?
(a) He started going out and staying over night at his girlfriend's house.
(b) He started going to a very liberal church with his girlfriend.
(c) He began reading strange and dangerous material with his girlfriend.
(d) He started cooking and baking for his girlfriend.
4. Why does Mari not have the patience to explain herself to Veronika?
(a) Because it does not make sense to explain anything to someone who will not listen.
(b) Because it is pointless to explain to someone who will die soon.
(c) Because she has better things to do.
(d) Because she does not like Veronika and does not want to encourage her.
5. What does Veronika remember at the end of Chapter 19?
(a) Memories of her mother.
(b) Her favorite authors.
(c) Routes through the mall.
(d) All of her songs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mari decide to do when she leaves Villete for good?
2. Which character does Chapter 16 focus on?
3. What does Mari do while out in the garden?
4. Why did Mari choose to admit herself to Villete even though she didn't need to?
5. How old is Eduard in his flashback?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way does Eduard look different after Veronika has masturbated?
2. What is Dr. Igor's opinion of his theories on Vitriol?
3. Why are most deaths in Villete sudden?
4. Why does Veronika decide to not touch Eduard even though she wants to while she masturbates?
5. Why did Mari refuse to go to the hospital when she first had a panic attack?
6. How does Veronika feel after she has masturbated?
7. What does Veronika think of Igor's comment about her potential lifespan?
8. Why does Veronika change her mind about wanting to see her mother?
9. Why did Eduard hate living in Brazil while he was growing up?
10. What is Mari's belief for why Veronika has been playing the piano more and more frequently?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)