|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Veronika stop playing music at the beginning of Chapter 19?
(a) She becomes sad.
(b) She becomes hungry.
(c) She becomes bored.
(d) She becomes tired.
2. Why does Veronika decide to masturbate?
(a) Because she wants to prove she is a woman.
(b) Because Dr. Igor told her to.
(c) Because she is turned on by Eduard.
(d) Because she wants to pass the time.
3. How many years of Mari's life were spent working?
4. What was the name of Eduard's first girlfriend?
5. Why does Veronika want to have sex with Eduard?
(a) Because she wants to experience the forbidden pleasures of life.
(b) Because she begins to fall in love with him.
(c) Because Eduard looks at her like a woman.
(d) Because Zedka told her to.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the two male nurses drag Eduard from the library?
2. What was Eduard's favorite type of art?
3. How does Veronika feel about Eduard once she finds out he was mentally present when she masturbated?
4. Which country did Mari desperately want to help before coming to Villete?
5. Who does Veronika run into in the refectory?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Veronika enjoy playing the piano for Edward?
2. How does Veronika feel when she listens to the Sufi flute music?
3. Why does Dr. Igor let Mari leave Villete?
4. Why does Veronika decide to masturbate in front of Eduard?
5. Why does Zedka decide to finally leave Villete?
6. Why does Veronika question her sexuality and whether she has had a true orgasm?
7. What is Mari's belief for why Veronika has been playing the piano more and more frequently?
8. In what way does Eduard look different after Veronika has masturbated?
9. What does Veronika think of Igor's comment about her potential lifespan?
10. What is Dr. Igor's opinion of his theories on Vitriol?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)