|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Villete?
(a) A safe house.
(b) A church.
(c) A school.
(d) An insane asylum.
2. Why is Veronika unable to remember much?
(a) Tranquilizers dull memory.
(b) Brain damage from the sleeping pills.
(c) Veronika does not sustain any memory loss.
(d) Hit her head.
3. Which feeling does Veronika experience the most in Chapter 11?
4. What is wrong with Veronika?
(a) Nothing is wrong with Veronika.
(b) Her brain will stop functioning soon.
(c) Her liver will stop functioning soon.
(d) Her heart will stop beating soon.
5. Why does Paulo's father live off of frozen food?
(a) He can't keep a housekeeper.
(b) He likes frozen food.
(c) He doesn't like to cook.
(d) He is cheap.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who placed a potion in the well in Zedka's story?
2. How old is Eduard?
3. Who does the attending nurse say Veronika reminds her of?
4. Which of the following does Veronika not believe in?
5. Why was Paulo sent to the mental hospital when he was young?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Paulo consider changing Veronika's name for his retelling of the story?
2. Why does Veronika imagine what her whole life could be?
3. Describe Paulo Coelho's father.
4. What is The Fraternity and what do they believe in?
5. Why does Veronika fear the future?
6. Why does Veronika begin to cry after her first heart attack?
7. Why does Veronika become angry with the computer game article?
8. Why was Paulo Coelho put into a mental hospital as a child?
9. Why does Zedka tell Veronika the story about the king and his subjects?
10. What are some of the last things Veronika sees and hears before she falls unconscious?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)