|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Zedka?
(a) A doctor's assistant.
(b) A long lost friend.
(c) A nurse.
(d) A resident at the asylum.
2. Why was Paulo sent to the mental hospital when he was young?
(a) He spoke to himself.
(b) He wanted to be a chef.
(c) He wanted to be an artist.
(d) He killed small animals.
3. Does Zedka love her children?
(c) Only sometimes.
(d) Zedka does not have children.
4. What is wrong with Zedka?
(a) She is chronically depressed.
(b) She is bipolar.
(c) She has a panic disorder.
(d) She is schizophrenic.
5. What year was Paulo first sent into a mental hospital?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the nurse inject Veronika with a sedative?
2. Which city does Veronika live in?
3. How does Paulo feel about Veronika's suicide note?
4. Why does the King in the story drink from the well?
5. Who comes to visit Veronika in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is The Fraternity and what do they believe in?
2. Why was Paulo Coelho put into a mental hospital as a child?
3. Why does Veronika imagine what her whole life could be?
4. Why does Dr. Igor become annoyed at Veronika's mother when he is lecturing her?
5. Why does Veronika begin to cry after her first heart attack?
6. Why did Paulo make two promises to himself after he was let out of the mental institution?
7. Why does Veronika fear the future?
8. What does Zedka's treatment consist of?
9. Describe Veronika's personality.
10. What does Veronika experience during her first heart attack?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)