|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Veronika have to live?
(a) About three days.
(b) About a week.
(c) About a month.
(d) About a year.
2. Is Veronika beautiful?
(a) Yes, very beautiful.
(b) She is niether beautiful nor ugly.
(c) A little bit beautiful.
(d) No, very ugly.
3. How does Veronika feel after interacting with The Fraternity for the first time?
4. Who does the attending nurse say Veronika reminds her of?
(a) Her daughter.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her sister.
5. Where is Paulo Coelho from?
(a) Costa Rica.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Veronika been living on her own?
2. How does the nurse react to finding Veronika and Zedka talking?
3. What was Paulo's second promise to himself?
4. How old is Paulo's father?
5. Why does the nurse inject Veronika with a sedative?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Veronika think of breakfast at Villete?
2. Why does Veronika fear the future?
3. What are some of the last things Veronika sees and hears before she falls unconscious?
4. Describe Veronika's personality.
5. Why is Veronika treated unkindly by The Fraternity members when they first meet?
6. Why was Paulo Coelho put into a mental hospital as a child?
7. Why does Veronika choose to overdose on sleeping pills instead of killing herself with other methods?
8. Why does Dr. Igor become annoyed at Veronika's mother when he is lecturing her?
9. Does Paulo Coelho sympathize with Veronika's situation?
10. Why did Paulo make two promises to himself after he was let out of the mental institution?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)