|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Veronika not believe in?
(b) The Devil.
2. What does Veronika plan to do if she is unable to procure more sleeping pills?
(a) Slit her wrists.
(b) Refuse to eat.
(c) Hang herself.
(d) Jump off a tall building.
3. Why does Veronika become very angry in Chapter 13?
(a) She loses her appetite.
(b) She sees her mother.
(c) She breaks the piano.
(d) She does not die.
4. How long has Veronika been living on her own?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Six years.
5. How does Paulo feel about Veronika's suicide note?
(a) He is neutral toward it.
(b) He is jealous of her writing.
(c) He dislikes it.
(d) He finds it amusing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Paulo's second promise to himself?
2. What was the name of Paulo's doctor when he was at the mental hospital?
3. Does Zedka love her children?
4. How is Zedka woken up from her treatment?
5. Which country does Veronika live in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Veronika think of breakfast at Villete?
2. What is The Fraternity and what do they believe in?
3. Where does the world "asylum" come form?
4. Why does Veronika imagine what her whole life could be?
5. How does playing the piano make Veronika feel?
6. Why is Veronika treated unkindly by The Fraternity members when they first meet?
7. What is Veronika's first reaction to waking up in Villete?
8. Why did Paulo make two promises to himself after he was let out of the mental institution?
9. What is wrong with Veronika's heart?
10. Why do the residents laugh at Veronika after her heart attack?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)