|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Veronika have to live?
(a) About a year.
(b) About a month.
(c) About three days.
(d) About a week.
2. How does Veronika react when she sees Zedka's treatment?
3. Where is Paulo Coelho from?
(b) Costa Rica.
4. How old is Eduard?
5. Why does Paulo feel he can relate to Veronika?
(a) Because he was once young and foolish too.
(b) Because often people mistake the capital of his country.
(c) Because people often do not understand him either.
(d) Because sometimes he wishes he could die too.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Veronika?
2. Who placed a potion in the well in Zedka's story?
3. Which city was Paulo's mental hospital in?
4. What happens after Veronika's health scare?
5. What bad thing happens to Veronika in Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the residents laugh at Veronika after her heart attack?
2. Does Paulo Coelho sympathize with Veronika's situation?
3. Why does Veronika become angry with the computer game article?
4. How does playing the piano make Veronika feel?
5. Why is Veronika treated unkindly by The Fraternity members when they first meet?
6. What is wrong with Veronika's heart?
7. What does Veronika think of breakfast at Villete?
8. Why does Veronika smack the leader of The Fraternity?
9. Why does Veronika begin to feel afraid about dying?
10. Describe Paulo Coelho's father.
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)