|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color hair does Veronika's doctor have?
2. What bad thing happens to Veronika in Chapter 13?
(a) She faints.
(b) She has a heart attack.
(c) She is poisoned.
(d) She chokes on food.
3. Who is Eduard's father?
(a) A rich businessman.
(b) A legendary actor.
(c) A handome philanthropist.
(d) An famous ambassador.
4. Why does Veronika attempt suicide?
(a) She wants to be famous.
(b) She wanted revenge on her parents.
(c) She is unhappy.
(d) She is bored.
5. How old is Veronika?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Villete been in existence?
2. Why could Zedka never be with her love?
3. How does the nurse react to finding Veronika and Zedka talking?
4. Why does Veronika become very angry in Chapter 13?
5. Which country does Veronika live in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is wrong with Veronika's heart?
2. Why does Veronika choose to overdose on sleeping pills instead of killing herself with other methods?
3. What is Veronika's first reaction to waking up in Villete?
4. Describe Paulo Coelho's father.
5. How does playing the piano make Veronika feel?
6. Why does Veronika fear the future?
7. Why does Veronika imagine what her whole life could be?
8. What does Veronika experience during her first heart attack?
9. Why does Zedka tell Veronika the story about the king and his subjects?
10. Why does Veronika refuse to see her mother?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)