|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Is Veronika beautiful?
(a) She is niether beautiful nor ugly.
(b) Yes, very beautiful.
(c) A little bit beautiful.
(d) No, very ugly.
2. What was the name of Paulo's doctor when he was at the mental hospital?
(a) Dr. Vincent Baxter.
(b) Dr. Eras Maximus.
(c) Dr. Eiras Sanatorium.
(d) Dr. Logan Brooks.
3. Who does the attending nurse say Veronika reminds her of?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her daughter.
4. According to Statistics Canada, what percentage of Canadians ages 15 to 34 have a mental illness?
5. How old is Veronika?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Paulo Coelho from?
2. How does Veronika feel after interacting with The Fraternity for the first time?
3. What is Paulo's friend's name?
4. Which feeling does Veronika experience the most in Chapter 11?
5. How does the nurse react to finding Veronika and Zedka talking?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Veronika begin to cry after her first heart attack?
2. Why do the residents laugh at Veronika after her heart attack?
3. Why does Dr. Igor become annoyed at Veronika's mother when he is lecturing her?
4. Why did Paulo make two promises to himself after he was let out of the mental institution?
5. Where does the world "asylum" come form?
6. Why does Zedka tell Veronika the story about the king and his subjects?
7. Why does Veronika refuse to see her mother?
8. Why does Veronika begin to feel afraid about dying?
9. Why does Veronika become angry with the computer game article?
10. Why does Veronika smack the leader of The Fraternity?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)