|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the attending nurse spend most of her time doing?
2. What happens when Veronika attempts to talk to The Fraternity?
(a) They tease her.
(b) They hit her.
(c) They ignore her.
(d) They tell on her.
3. How long does Veronika have to live?
(a) About a week.
(b) About three days.
(c) About a year.
(d) About a month.
4. Where does Veronika live?
(a) She lives alone.
(b) In a convent.
(c) With her parents.
(d) With her aunt.
5. Why does Veronika refuse to see outside visitors?
(a) She is too busy playing music.
(b) She is selfish.
(c) She is afraid she will not want to die.
(d) She hates goodbyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Zedka agree to help Veronika?
2. What color eyes does the nurse have?
3. What is wrong with Paulo's father?
4. What year was Paulo first sent into a mental hospital?
5. Why does Veronika write a letter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Paulo Coelho sympathize with Veronika's situation?
2. What does Veronika experience during her first heart attack?
3. Describe the two doctors who give Veronika her diagnosis.
4. Why does Veronika imagine what her whole life could be?
5. Why does Veronika refuse to see her mother?
6. Why did Paulo make two promises to himself after he was let out of the mental institution?
7. How does playing the piano make Veronika feel?
8. Why does Veronika begin to cry after her first heart attack?
9. Describe Paulo Coelho's father.
10. What does Veronika think of breakfast at Villete?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)