|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is attracted to Veronika's music?
(a) Dr. Igor.
2. What does Veronika ask of Zedka?
3. Which city does Veronika live in?
4. How long does Veronika have to live?
(a) About a year.
(b) About three days.
(c) About a month.
(d) About a week.
5. What does Zedka believe is beyond the walls of Villete?
(a) People who will question her.
(b) People who understand her.
(c) People who will love her.
(d) People who drank from the well.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with Zedka?
2. How many times was Paulo submitted to a mental hospital?
3. Where is Paulo Coelho from?
4. According to Statistics Canada, what percentage of Canadians ages 15 to 34 have a mental illness?
5. Which perspective does the novel change to at the beginning of Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Zedka's treatment consist of?
2. What are some of the last things Veronika sees and hears before she falls unconscious?
3. Why does Veronika imagine what her whole life could be?
4. Why does Veronika smack the leader of The Fraternity?
5. Why does Paulo consider changing Veronika's name for his retelling of the story?
6. Does Paulo Coelho sympathize with Veronika's situation?
7. Why did Paulo make two promises to himself after he was let out of the mental institution?
8. Describe the two doctors who give Veronika her diagnosis.
9. What is wrong with Veronika's heart?
10. Why does Veronika refuse to see her mother?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)