|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Eduard's father?
(a) A rich businessman.
(b) A legendary actor.
(c) An famous ambassador.
(d) A handome philanthropist.
2. What does Zedka believe is beyond the walls of Villete?
(a) People who will love her.
(b) People who will question her.
(c) People who understand her.
(d) People who drank from the well.
3. How long has Villete been in existence?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Six years.
(d) Fifteen years.
4. Who does the attending nurse say Veronika reminds her of?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) Her daughter.
5. Why is Veronika unable to remember much?
(a) Hit her head.
(b) Tranquilizers dull memory.
(c) Brain damage from the sleeping pills.
(d) Veronika does not sustain any memory loss.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Paulo Coelho from?
2. Why is Zedka depressed?
3. What is wrong with Eduard?
4. Why does the King in the story drink from the well?
5. How long does Veronika have to live?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dr. Igor become annoyed at Veronika's mother when he is lecturing her?
2. Why do the residents laugh at Veronika after her heart attack?
3. What are some of the last things Veronika sees and hears before she falls unconscious?
4. What does Zedka's treatment consist of?
5. Why did Paulo make two promises to himself after he was let out of the mental institution?
6. Why does Veronika imagine what her whole life could be?
7. What is The Fraternity and what do they believe in?
8. Does Paulo Coelho sympathize with Veronika's situation?
9. What is Veronika's first reaction to waking up in Villete?
10. Why does Veronika begin to feel afraid about dying?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)