Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Veronika become very angry in Chapter 13?
(a) She loses her appetite.
(b) She does not die.
(c) She sees her mother.
(d) She breaks the piano.
2. What was the name of Paulo's doctor when he was at the mental hospital?
(a) Dr. Vincent Baxter.
(b) Dr. Eras Maximus.
(c) Dr. Logan Brooks.
(d) Dr. Eiras Sanatorium.
3. Which country does Veronika live in?
4. Who laughs at Veronika in Chapter 13?
5. Why could Zedka never be with her love?
(a) He was not interested in her.
(b) He was in love with someone else.
(c) He was married.
(d) He did not know who Zedka was.
Short Answer Questions
1. Did Zedka's husband ever find out about her secret love?
2. According to Statistics Canada, what percentage of Canadians ages 15 to 34 have a mental illness?
3. Who comes to visit Veronika in Chapter 12?
4. Where is Paulo Coelho from?
5. How old is Eduard?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Veronika react whens he learns that she has a week to live?
2. Why were Eduard's parents happy when he started dating his first girlfriend?
3. How does Veronika feel after she has masturbated?
4. Why does Veronika change her mind about wanting to see her mother?
5. What does Veronika experience during her first heart attack?
6. What does Zedka experience during her treatments?
7. Why does Veronika smack the leader of The Fraternity?
8. What is Mari's belief for why Veronika has been playing the piano more and more frequently?
9. Why does Veronika decide to not touch Eduard even though she wants to while she masturbates?
10. Why do the residents laugh at Veronika after her heart attack?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)