|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Veronika go after her fist encounter with The Fraternity?
(a) The garden.
(b) The laundry room.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The bathroom.
2. Who are The Fraternity?
(a) A group of children.
(b) A group of parents.
(c) A group of inmates.
(d) A group of nurses.
3. Where is Paulo Coelho from?
(c) Costa Rica.
4. Why does Veronika write a letter?
(a) She wants to make her parents feel bad about her deal.
(b) She wants to let everyone known how great she is.
(c) She is bored and needs something to do.
(d) She is angry with what she reads as she waits for the pills to take effect.
5. Why does the nurse inject Veronika with a sedative?
(a) Veronika tries to bite her tongue.
(b) Veronika gets too agitated.
(c) Veronika talks back to her.
(d) Veronika tries to yell for help.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is attracted to Veronika's music?
2. How long has Villete been in existence?
3. Who does the attending nurse say Veronika reminds her of?
4. How does Veronika react when she sees Zedka's treatment?
5. Who comes to visit Veronika in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Veronika enjoy playing the piano for Edward?
2. Why does Veronika wish for Zedka while she is masturbating?
3. Describe the two doctors who give Veronika her diagnosis.
4. What happened to prompt Mari's first panic attack?
5. What is wrong with Veronika's heart?
6. What is Veronika's first reaction to waking up in Villete?
7. Describe Veronika's personality.
8. What is Dr. Igor's opinion of his theories on Vitriol?
9. Why does Dr. Igor become annoyed at Veronika's mother when he is lecturing her?
10. Why is Veronika unable to accept the stimulants Dr. Igor offers?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)