|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Paulo's father?
2. Does Veronika think of herself as crazy?
(b) Only sometimes.
(d) A little.
3. Does Zedka love her children?
(c) Only sometimes.
(d) Zedka does not have children.
4. Did Zedka's husband ever find out about her secret love?
(a) Zedka never had a secret love.
5. How long has Veronika been living on her own?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Six years.
(d) Five years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which name did Paulo Coelho consider switching Veronika's name with?
2. Which city does Veronika live in?
3. What type of disposition does Veronika have?
4. How old is Veronika?
5. What year was Paulo first sent into a mental hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Veronika experience during her first heart attack?
2. Why does Veronika fear the future?
3. Does Paulo Coelho sympathize with Veronika's situation?
4. Why does Zedka tell Veronika the story about the king and his subjects?
5. Why is Veronika treated unkindly by The Fraternity members when they first meet?
6. Why did Paulo make two promises to himself after he was let out of the mental institution?
7. What are some of the last things Veronika sees and hears before she falls unconscious?
8. Describe Paulo Coelho's father.
9. Why does Paulo consider changing Veronika's name for his retelling of the story?
10. Where does the world "asylum" come form?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)