|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Veronika write a letter?
(a) She wants to let everyone known how great she is.
(b) She wants to make her parents feel bad about her deal.
(c) She is bored and needs something to do.
(d) She is angry with what she reads as she waits for the pills to take effect.
2. Who submitted Paulo into the mental hospital when he was young?
(a) His parents.
(b) His babysitter.
(c) His aunt.
(d) His sister.
3. What was Paulo's second promise to himself?
(a) To never get married and never have children.
(b) To never talk about his time in the mental hospital while his parents live.
(c) To never turn back once he flees the country.
(d) To never tells his parents how he felt about them.
4. What does the attending nurse spend most of her time doing?
5. What is wrong with Veronika?
(a) Her brain will stop functioning soon.
(b) Her liver will stop functioning soon.
(c) Her heart will stop beating soon.
(d) Nothing is wrong with Veronika.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Veronika feel right before she falls unconscious?
2. Why does Paulo's father live off of frozen food?
3. What happens to Zedka in Chapter 8?
4. Why was Paulo sent to the mental hospital when he was young?
5. What happens after Veronika's health scare?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Veronika react whens he learns that she has a week to live?
2. Why does Veronika change her mind about wanting to see her mother?
3. Why does Veronika decide to not kiss Eduard even though she wants to?
4. Why did Paulo make two promises to himself after he was let out of the mental institution?
5. Why does Dr. Igor let Mari leave Villete?
6. Why did Eduard hate living in Brazil while he was growing up?
7. What does Zedka's treatment consist of?
8. What does Veronika think of Igor's comment about her potential lifespan?
9. Why does Veronika begin to cry after her first heart attack?
10. What happened to Mari's career after her panic attacks started?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)