|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Veronika become very angry in Chapter 13?
(a) She loses her appetite.
(b) She breaks the piano.
(c) She does not die.
(d) She sees her mother.
2. How does Veronika react when she sees Zedka's treatment?
3. What does Veronika do to the leader of The Fraternity?
(a) She tickles him.
(b) She punches him.
(c) She slaps him.
(d) She kisses him.
4. According to Statistics Canada, what percentage of Canadians ages 15 to 34 have a mental illness?
5. Why does the nurse inject Veronika with a sedative?
(a) Veronika gets too agitated.
(b) Veronika tries to yell for help.
(c) Veronika talks back to her.
(d) Veronika tries to bite her tongue.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Dr. Igor, where should one make love?
2. What bad thing happens to Veronika in Chapter 13?
3. Who does Veronika see pass by her window?
4. How does Paulo feel about Veronika's suicide note?
5. Why does Paulo feel he can relate to Veronika?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the residents laugh at Veronika after her heart attack?
2. What are some of the last things Veronika sees and hears before she falls unconscious?
3. How does Veronika react whens he learns that she has a week to live?
4. Why does Dr. Igor become annoyed at Veronika's mother when he is lecturing her?
5. Why does Zedka tell Veronika the story about the king and his subjects?
6. Why is Veronika treated unkindly by The Fraternity members when they first meet?
7. Why does Veronika imagine what her whole life could be?
8. Why does Veronika become angry with the computer game article?
9. What does Zedka experience during her treatments?
10. What does Veronika think of breakfast at Villete?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)