|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Veronika read while she waits for the pills to take effect?
(a) A television screen.
(b) A pamphlet.
(c) A book.
(d) A magazine.
2. Which city was Paulo's mental hospital in?
(a) São Paulo.
(b) Rio de Janeiro.
3. What happened to Zedka's love?
(a) He changed identities.
(b) No one knows.
(c) He moved away.
(d) He died.
4. Why does Veronika attempt suicide?
(a) She is unhappy.
(b) She wants to be famous.
(c) She is bored.
(d) She wanted revenge on her parents.
5. What does Veronika do to the leader of The Fraternity?
(a) She tickles him.
(b) She punches him.
(c) She kisses him.
(d) She slaps him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Zedka agree to help Veronika?
2. How old is Eduard?
3. How does Veronika feel after interacting with The Fraternity for the first time?
4. Who watches over Veronika as she sleeps?
5. What is wrong with Veronika?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Paulo Coelho's father.
2. What is The Fraternity and what do they believe in?
3. What does Veronika think of breakfast at Villete?
4. How does Veronika react whens he learns that she has a week to live?
5. Describe Veronika's personality.
6. Why does Veronika become angry with the computer game article?
7. What is Veronika's first reaction to waking up in Villete?
8. Describe the two doctors who give Veronika her diagnosis.
9. What does Zedka's treatment consist of?
10. Why does Veronika fear the future?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)