|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the nurse inject Veronika with a sedative?
(a) Veronika talks back to her.
(b) Veronika tries to yell for help.
(c) Veronika gets too agitated.
(d) Veronika tries to bite her tongue.
2. Who thought Solvenia was a town in Germany?
(a) The butler.
(b) The receptionist.
(c) The doctor.
(d) The cook.
3. What does Veronika read while she waits for the pills to take effect?
(a) A magazine.
(b) A television screen.
(c) A pamphlet.
(d) A book.
4. According to Dr. Igor, making love in inappropriate places breeds what?
5. Why does the King in the story drink from the well?
(a) To set an example for others.
(b) To become mad like everyone else.
(c) To quench his thirst.
(d) To prove his subjects wrong.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Veronika feel after interacting with The Fraternity for the first time?
2. What happens after Veronika's health scare?
3. Does Zedka agree to help Veronika?
4. Who is Zedka?
5. Which of the following does Veronika not believe in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dr. Igor let Mari leave Villete?
2. What does Veronika think of breakfast at Villete?
3. How does Veronika react whens he learns that she has a week to live?
4. Why does Veronika decide to not kiss Eduard even though she wants to?
5. Why does Veronika begin to feel afraid about dying?
6. What happened to prompt Mari's first panic attack?
7. Why does Veronika regret not living a little "crazier"?
8. Why does Dr. Igor become annoyed at Veronika's mother when he is lecturing her?
9. Why do members of The Fraternity look down upon Mari's departure from Villete?
10. Why does Veronika want to have sex with Eduard?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)