|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which instrument does Veronika long to play?
(a) The base.
(b) The violin.
(c) The piano.
(d) The flute.
2. Who laughs at Veronika in Chapter 13?
3. Does Veronika think of herself as crazy?
(b) A little.
(d) Only sometimes.
4. How old is Eduard?
5. What bad thing happens to Veronika in Chapter 13?
(a) She chokes on food.
(b) She faints.
(c) She is poisoned.
(d) She has a heart attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Veronika see pass by her window?
2. Why does the nurse inject Veronika with a sedative?
3. Does Zedka agree to help Veronika?
4. How long has Veronika been living on her own?
5. What is Villete?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Veronika imagine what her whole life could be?
2. What does Veronika think of breakfast at Villete?
3. What is Dr. Igor's opinion of his theories on Vitriol?
4. Why does Veronika wish for Zedka while she is masturbating?
5. How does Veronika feel after she has masturbated?
6. What is wrong with Veronika's heart?
7. Why do some of the residents of Villete weep when they notice Veronika is missing?
8. Why is the "Our Lady" painting important to Eduard and Veronika?
9. Does Paulo Coelho sympathize with Veronika's situation?
10. What are some of the last things Veronika sees and hears before she falls unconscious?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)