|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Veronika write a letter?
(a) She wants to make her parents feel bad about her deal.
(b) She wants to let everyone known how great she is.
(c) She is bored and needs something to do.
(d) She is angry with what she reads as she waits for the pills to take effect.
2. What is Paulo's friend's name?
3. Which perspective does the novel change to at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(b) Alternating person.
4. How does the nurse react to finding Veronika and Zedka talking?
5. What color eyes does the nurse have?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Veronika have to live?
2. Where is Paulo Coelho from?
3. What does Veronika read while she waits for the pills to take effect?
4. Which city was Paulo's mental hospital in?
5. Why does Veronika attempt suicide?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Veronika's first reaction to waking up in Villete?
2. Why does Veronika smack the leader of The Fraternity?
3. Why did Paulo make two promises to himself after he was let out of the mental institution?
4. Where does the world "asylum" come form?
5. Describe the two doctors who give Veronika her diagnosis.
6. Why was Paulo Coelho put into a mental hospital as a child?
7. Why do the residents laugh at Veronika after her heart attack?
8. What is The Fraternity and what do they believe in?
9. Why does Veronika choose to overdose on sleeping pills instead of killing herself with other methods?
10. Why does Paulo consider changing Veronika's name for his retelling of the story?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)