|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mari?
(a) Zedka's sister.
(b) A doctor in training.
(c) A member of The Fraternity.
(d) The head nurse.
2. What happens after Veronika's health scare?
(a) She is led to her mother.
(b) She is let outside into the garden.
(c) She is fed soft foods.
(d) She is injected with a sedative.
3. Which feeling does Veronika experience the most in Chapter 11?
4. How long does Veronika have to live?
(a) About a year.
(b) About a month.
(c) About three days.
(d) About a week.
5. Who thought Solvenia was a town in Germany?
(a) The receptionist.
(b) The doctor.
(c) The butler.
(d) The cook.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Paulo's father?
2. Where does Veronika live?
3. How does Veronika feel after interacting with The Fraternity for the first time?
4. Does Zedka know of Veronika's fate?
5. How many times was Paulo submitted to a mental hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does playing the piano make Veronika feel?
2. Why does Paulo consider changing Veronika's name for his retelling of the story?
3. Why does Veronika fear the future?
4. Describe the two doctors who give Veronika her diagnosis.
5. Why does Veronika imagine what her whole life could be?
6. What does Veronika experience during her first heart attack?
7. Why does Veronika smack the leader of The Fraternity?
8. How does Veronika react whens he learns that she has a week to live?
9. Does Paulo Coelho sympathize with Veronika's situation?
10. Why does Veronika choose to overdose on sleeping pills instead of killing herself with other methods?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)