|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Veronika become very angry in Chapter 13?
(a) She sees her mother.
(b) She does not die.
(c) She loses her appetite.
(d) She breaks the piano.
2. What is wrong with Zedka?
(a) She is schizophrenic.
(b) She has a panic disorder.
(c) She is chronically depressed.
(d) She is bipolar.
3. How does Veronika feel after interacting with The Fraternity for the first time?
4. Why does Veronika refuse to see outside visitors?
(a) She is selfish.
(b) She hates goodbyes.
(c) She is afraid she will not want to die.
(d) She is too busy playing music.
5. Who are The Fraternity?
(a) A group of inmates.
(b) A group of children.
(c) A group of parents.
(d) A group of nurses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Veronika unable to remember much?
2. Is Veronika beautiful?
3. Which of the following does Veronika not believe in?
4. How does Paulo feel about Veronika's suicide note?
5. How long has Veronika been living on her own?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Veronika's personality.
2. Describe the two doctors who give Veronika her diagnosis.
3. Why does Veronika become angry with the computer game article?
4. Why is Veronika treated unkindly by The Fraternity members when they first meet?
5. What does Veronika think of breakfast at Villete?
6. Why does Veronika begin to cry after her first heart attack?
7. Why was Paulo Coelho put into a mental hospital as a child?
8. What does Zedka experience during her treatments?
9. Why does Veronika fear the future?
10. How does playing the piano make Veronika feel?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)