|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens after Veronika's health scare?
(a) She is let outside into the garden.
(b) She is fed soft foods.
(c) She is injected with a sedative.
(d) She is led to her mother.
2. Is Veronika beautiful?
(a) Yes, very beautiful.
(b) No, very ugly.
(c) She is niether beautiful nor ugly.
(d) A little bit beautiful.
3. What was the name of Paulo's doctor when he was at the mental hospital?
(a) Dr. Eiras Sanatorium.
(b) Dr. Vincent Baxter.
(c) Dr. Eras Maximus.
(d) Dr. Logan Brooks.
4. Where is Paulo Coelho from?
(a) Costa Rica.
5. What does the attending nurse spend most of her time doing?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Veronika live?
2. Who does Veronika see pass by her window?
3. Who is Eduard's father?
4. What year did Paulo's mother die?
5. What does Veronika ask of Zedka?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Veronika choose to overdose on sleeping pills instead of killing herself with other methods?
2. Why does Veronika imagine what her whole life could be?
3. What is The Fraternity and what do they believe in?
4. Why does Zedka tell Veronika the story about the king and his subjects?
5. Why does Veronika refuse to see her mother?
6. What does Veronika think of breakfast at Villete?
7. Why does Dr. Igor become annoyed at Veronika's mother when he is lecturing her?
8. Why was Paulo Coelho put into a mental hospital as a child?
9. Describe Paulo Coelho's father.
10. What does Zedka's treatment consist of?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)