|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the nurse react to finding Veronika and Zedka talking?
2. Did Zedka's husband ever find out about her secret love?
(a) Zedka never had a secret love.
3. Why was Paulo sent to the mental hospital when he was young?
(a) He spoke to himself.
(b) He wanted to be a chef.
(c) He wanted to be an artist.
(d) He killed small animals.
4. What does Veronika do to the leader of The Fraternity?
(a) She slaps him.
(b) She tickles him.
(c) She kisses him.
(d) She punches him.
5. Who is Eduard's father?
(a) A handome philanthropist.
(b) A rich businessman.
(c) A legendary actor.
(d) An famous ambassador.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is attracted to Veronika's music?
2. What was Paulo's second promise to himself?
3. Which city does Veronika live in?
4. Why does Veronika decide to not leave the asylum alive?
5. Which name did Paulo Coelho consider switching Veronika's name with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is wrong with Veronika's heart?
2. How does Veronika react whens he learns that she has a week to live?
3. How does playing the piano make Veronika feel?
4. What does Veronika experience during her first heart attack?
5. Describe the two doctors who give Veronika her diagnosis.
6. Why was Paulo Coelho put into a mental hospital as a child?
7. Does Paulo Coelho sympathize with Veronika's situation?
8. Why does Veronika imagine what her whole life could be?
9. Why does Zedka tell Veronika the story about the king and his subjects?
10. What is Veronika's first reaction to waking up in Villete?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)