|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Paulo's friend's name?
2. What year was Paulo first sent into a mental hospital?
3. According to Dr. Igor, making love in inappropriate places breeds what?
4. Who are The Fraternity?
(a) A group of children.
(b) A group of inmates.
(c) A group of parents.
(d) A group of nurses.
5. How long has Veronika been living on her own?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Six years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Three years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which name did Paulo Coelho consider switching Veronika's name with?
2. What does the attending nurse spend most of her time doing?
3. What is wrong with Veronika?
4. Why does Veronika decide to not leave the asylum alive?
5. Which character is the focus in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Veronika experience during her first heart attack?
2. What does Zedka's treatment consist of?
3. What does Veronika think of breakfast at Villete?
4. Why does Veronika smack the leader of The Fraternity?
5. Why was Paulo Coelho put into a mental hospital as a child?
6. Why is Veronika treated unkindly by The Fraternity members when they first meet?
7. Why does Veronika refuse to see her mother?
8. Why does Veronika begin to cry after her first heart attack?
9. Where does the world "asylum" come form?
10. What does Zedka experience during her treatments?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)