|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens after Veronika's health scare?
(a) She is fed soft foods.
(b) She is let outside into the garden.
(c) She is led to her mother.
(d) She is injected with a sedative.
2. How long has Villete been in existence?
(a) Fifteen years.
(b) Six years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Three years.
3. Where does Veronika go after her fist encounter with The Fraternity?
(a) The laundry room.
(b) The garden.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The bathroom.
4. Which character is the focus in Chapter 9?
5. How is Zedka woken up from her treatment?
(a) She is injected with glucose.
(b) She is shaken violently.
(c) She is submerged in water.
(d) She is played music.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mari?
2. Does Zedka know of Veronika's fate?
3. Why is Zedka depressed?
4. What was Paulo's second promise to himself?
5. What does Zedka believe is beyond the walls of Villete?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Veronika regret not living a little "crazier"?
2. Why are most deaths in Villete sudden?
3. Why does Veronika change her mind about wanting to see her mother?
4. Where does the world "asylum" come form?
5. What happened to Mari's career after her panic attacks started?
6. Why does Veronika smack the leader of The Fraternity?
7. What is wrong with Veronika's heart?
8. Why did Eduard hate living in Brazil while he was growing up?
9. What does Veronika think of Igor's comment about her potential lifespan?
10. What happened to prompt Mari's first panic attack?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)