|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is the focus in Chapter 9?
2. How long has Villete been in existence?
(a) Fifteen years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Six years.
(d) Ten years.
3. Who submitted Paulo into the mental hospital when he was young?
(a) His parents.
(b) His babysitter.
(c) His aunt.
(d) His sister.
4. How many times was Paulo submitted to a mental hospital?
(a) Two times.
(b) Ten times.
(c) Three times.
(d) Six times.
5. Why does Paulo feel he can relate to Veronika?
(a) Because sometimes he wishes he could die too.
(b) Because people often do not understand him either.
(c) Because often people mistake the capital of his country.
(d) Because he was once young and foolish too.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bad thing happens to Veronika in Chapter 13?
2. What does the attending nurse spend most of her time doing?
3. Who laughs at Veronika in Chapter 13?
4. Why does Veronika write a letter?
5. Why does Veronika refuse to see outside visitors?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the two doctors who give Veronika her diagnosis.
2. Why was Paulo Coelho put into a mental hospital as a child?
3. Why does Veronika begin to feel afraid about dying?
4. What is The Fraternity and what do they believe in?
5. What does Veronika think of breakfast at Villete?
6. What does Zedka's treatment consist of?
7. Why does Dr. Igor become annoyed at Veronika's mother when he is lecturing her?
8. Why did Paulo make two promises to himself after he was let out of the mental institution?
9. Describe Veronika's personality.
10. Why is Veronika treated unkindly by The Fraternity members when they first meet?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)