|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the King in the story drink from the well?
(a) To become mad like everyone else.
(b) To set an example for others.
(c) To quench his thirst.
(d) To prove his subjects wrong.
2. How long does Veronika have to live?
(a) About a year.
(b) About three days.
(c) About a week.
(d) About a month.
3. Why does the nurse inject Veronika with a sedative?
(a) Veronika talks back to her.
(b) Veronika tries to bite her tongue.
(c) Veronika tries to yell for help.
(d) Veronika gets too agitated.
4. Who comes to visit Veronika in Chapter 12?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her friend.
5. Which country does Veronika live in?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Veronika react to the news of her inevitable death?
2. What is wrong with Veronika?
3. How old is Eduard?
4. What happened to Zedka's love?
5. Which city was Paulo's mental hospital in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Veronika experience during her first heart attack?
2. What is Veronika's first reaction to waking up in Villete?
3. What does Zedka's treatment consist of?
4. What does Zedka experience during her treatments?
5. Why does Veronika become angry with the computer game article?
6. Why does Veronika begin to feel afraid about dying?
7. Why does Veronika choose to overdose on sleeping pills instead of killing herself with other methods?
8. Why does Veronika smack the leader of The Fraternity?
9. Why is Veronika treated unkindly by The Fraternity members when they first meet?
10. Describe Paulo Coelho's father.
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)