|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens after Veronika's health scare?
(a) She is injected with a sedative.
(b) She is led to her mother.
(c) She is let outside into the garden.
(d) She is fed soft foods.
2. Why does the nurse inject Veronika with a sedative?
(a) Veronika tries to yell for help.
(b) Veronika tries to bite her tongue.
(c) Veronika talks back to her.
(d) Veronika gets too agitated.
3. Does Zedka agree to help Veronika?
(d) Veronika does not ask for Zedka's help.
4. What year was Paulo first sent into a mental hospital?
5. What is Paulo's friend's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What year did Paulo's mother die?
2. Why does Veronika write a letter?
3. What does Veronika do to the leader of The Fraternity?
4. What is wrong with Veronika?
5. Why was Paulo sent to the mental hospital when he was young?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Veronika begin to cry after her first heart attack?
2. Why does Paulo consider changing Veronika's name for his retelling of the story?
3. What is The Fraternity and what do they believe in?
4. How does Veronika react whens he learns that she has a week to live?
5. Describe Paulo Coelho's father.
6. What does Zedka's treatment consist of?
7. What does Zedka experience during her treatments?
8. How does playing the piano make Veronika feel?
9. Does Paulo Coelho sympathize with Veronika's situation?
10. Why do the residents laugh at Veronika after her heart attack?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)