|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Veronika agree with the speakers lesson?
(b) A little.
(d) The speaker has no message.
2. When Veronika looks into herself, does she like what she sees?
(b) Veronika does not reflect upon herself.
(c) A little.
3. What does Mari ask Veronika in Chapter 15?
(a) "Do you love women?"
(b) "Do you have sex a lot?"
(c) "Do you masturbate a lot?"
(d) "Do you fall in love often?"
4. Why did Mari lie to Dr. Igor about her condition so she would have to stay in Villete indefinitely?
(a) Because she is bored and wants friends.
(b) Because she has no where else to go.
(c) Because she is in love with Dr. Igor.
(d) Because she is afraid of her husband.
5. What was the name of Eduard's first girlfriend?
6. Why does Veronika stop playing music at the beginning of Chapter 19?
(a) She becomes bored.
(b) She becomes hungry.
(c) She becomes tired.
(d) She becomes sad.
7. What does Mari wear while walking in the garden?
(a) A heavy jacket.
(b) A light coat.
(c) A sweater.
(d) A flannel night gown.
8. What was Mari's former profession?
(d) Stock Broker.
9. Who is the third person in the room with Eduard and Veronika?
(a) Dr. Igor.
10. Why did Eduard's mother begin to worry about him?
(a) He began reading strange and dangerous material with his girlfriend.
(b) He started going to a very liberal church with his girlfriend.
(c) He started going out and staying over night at his girlfriend's house.
(d) He started cooking and baking for his girlfriend.
11. What kind of poison does Dr. Igor suspect Veronika to be suffering from?
12. How many favors does Veronika ask for?
13. Why does Veronika decide to masturbate?
(a) Because she is turned on by Eduard.
(b) Because she wants to prove she is a woman.
(c) Because Dr. Igor told her to.
(d) Because she wants to pass the time.
14. Does Veronika feel ashamed for what she does in front of Eduard?
(a) A little.
(d) Veronika does nothing in front of Eduard.
15. How does Veronika feel about Eduard once she finds out he was mentally present when she masturbated?
(a) Shocked and then proud.
(b) Angry and then sad.
(c) Proud and then sad.
(d) Bored and then angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which country did Mari desperately want to help before coming to Villete?
2. What happened to Mari's marriage.
3. What does Veronika remember at the end of Chapter 19?
4. Who does Veronika tell Igor he has become like?
5. What does Mari do while out in the garden?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)