|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which piece of clothing does Dr. Igor use as an example in his lunatic analogy?
(a) A jacket.
(b) A tie.
(c) A shirt.
(d) A pair of pants.
2. How many favors does Veronika ask for?
3. What does Mari decide to do when she leaves Villete for good?
(a) Live a simple life.
(b) Find a new man.
(c) Go find her family.
(d) Rent a beach house.
4. What does Mari do while out in the garden?
(a) Cultivate roses.
(b) Smoke a cigarette.
(c) Dig a hole.
(d) Drink beer.
5. Who demands that members of The Fraternity go outside Villete each day?
(a) Dr. Igor.
(d) The Fraternity leader.
6. How does Veronika feel after she has masturbated?
7. What is Veronika's first favor?
(a) A piano of her own.
(b) True love's kiss.
(c) Medication to stay awake.
(d) Eduard in marriage.
8. Why does Mari tell Veronika to play for Eduard again?
(a) Because he deserves it.
(b) Because he wants to sleep.
(c) Because he loves her.
(d) Because he is bored.
9. How many years of Mari's life were spent working?
10. Did Eduard's parents support his art aspirations in his flashback?
(c) Eduard never had art aspirtations.
(d) A little.
11. Why did Mari choose to admit herself to Villete even though she didn't need to?
(a) To give her husband time to recover.
(b) To make her children feel better.
(c) To prove everyone wrong.
(d) To feel save and secure.
12. Why does Mari want to warn Eduard?
(a) Because Veronika will fall in love if he does not stay away.
(b) Because Eduard is getting too close.
(c) Because Veronika should be left alone to die.
(d) Because Eduard won't understand Veronika's death.
13. When Eduard was young, did he believe in God?
(b) Only sometimes.
(d) Eduard does not know what religion is.
14. Why does Veronika take her clothes off?
(a) She is about to take a bath.
(b) She is too warm.
(c) She wants to go swimming.
(d) She wants to have sex.
15. How does Veronika feel about Eduard once she finds out he was mentally present when she masturbated?
(a) Proud and then sad.
(b) Angry and then sad.
(c) Shocked and then proud.
(d) Bored and then angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Eduard follow Veronika to the entrance of the woman's ward?
2. What does Veronika call herself in Chapter 20?
3. What style dress do the ladies in the photograph wear?
4. Which country did Mari desperately want to help before coming to Villete?
5. Which type of flower does the speaker tell his listeners to concentrate on?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)