|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which instrument does the speaker in Chapter 15 play?
2. Why does Veronika stop playing music at the beginning of Chapter 19?
(a) She becomes tired.
(b) She becomes bored.
(c) She becomes hungry.
(d) She becomes sad.
3. Does Eduard enjoy Veronika's music?
(b) Only sometimes.
(d) Veronika never plays music.
4. Does Eduard love Veronika?
(a) A little.
(d) Eduard does not know Veronika.
5. Why did Mari choose to admit herself to Villete even though she didn't need to?
(a) To feel save and secure.
(b) To make her children feel better.
(c) To prove everyone wrong.
(d) To give her husband time to recover.
6. Which type of flower does the speaker tell his listeners to concentrate on?
(a) A daisy.
(b) A rose.
(c) A daffodil.
(d) A carnation.
7. Does Eduard understand the pleasure Veronika gets from masturbating in front of him?
(a) Veronika does not masturbate.
(b) A little.
8. Why does Veronika want to have sex with Eduard?
(a) Because she begins to fall in love with him.
(b) Because Eduard looks at her like a woman.
(c) Because she wants to experience the forbidden pleasures of life.
(d) Because Zedka told her to.
9. How old is Eduard in his flashback?
10. What style dress do the ladies in the photograph wear?
11. Why does Eduard follow Veronika to the entrance of the woman's ward?
(a) He wants to have sex with her.
(b) He wants her to play more music.
(c) He wants to tell her his secrets.
(d) He wants to eat breakfast.
12. What does Mari do while out in the garden?
(a) Cultivate roses.
(b) Drink beer.
(c) Dig a hole.
(d) Smoke a cigarette.
13. What date is on the photograph Veronika finds?
14. How many years of Mari's life were spent working?
15. When Eduard was young, did he believe in God?
(a) Eduard does not know what religion is.
(c) Only sometimes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Eduard react when Veronika begins to get aroused?
2. Who is the third person in the room with Eduard and Veronika?
3. Who does Mari think Veronika should sleep with?
4. What is another word for Vitriol?
5. Why does Mari pity Veronika?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)