|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Veronika feel that she experienced the sexual pleasures of a virgin, prostitute, and queen?
(a) Because Mari taught her special techniques.
(b) Because she played those roles in her encounter with Eduard.
(c) Because she experienced the fantasies she had always hidden from herself.
(d) Because she dreamed of the different pleasures on her own terms.
2. Which two prohibitions does Mari speak of?
(a) Rape and sex with animals.
(b) Rape and sex with children.
(c) Murder and rape.
(d) Murder and sex with animals.
3. Who is the third person in the room with Eduard and Veronika?
(a) Dr. Igor.
4. Why did Mari lie to Dr. Igor about her condition so she would have to stay in Villete indefinitely?
(a) Because she has no where else to go.
(b) Because she is in love with Dr. Igor.
(c) Because she is bored and wants friends.
(d) Because she is afraid of her husband.
5. How many favors does Veronika ask for?
6. Does Eduard love Veronika?
(a) Eduard does not know Veronika.
(b) A little.
7. Does Eduard react when Veronika begins to get aroused?
(a) Veronika does not become aroused.
(b) A little.
8. Who does Mari think Veronika should sleep with?
(c) Dr. Igor.
(d) The young doctor.
9. What style dress do the ladies in the photograph wear?
10. Why does Veronika feel she needs to reward Eduard?
(a) Because he is a good listener.
(b) Because he secretly loves her.
(c) Because he did not tell Mari about their sexual encounter.
(d) Because he gave her please and was not repulsed by it.
11. What does Veronika call herself in Chapter 20?
(a) A pervert.
(b) A magician.
(c) A seducer.
(d) A sadist.
12. Who demands that members of The Fraternity go outside Villete each day?
(a) The Fraternity leader.
(b) Dr. Igor.
13. Why did Eduard's mother begin to worry about him?
(a) He started going to a very liberal church with his girlfriend.
(b) He started going out and staying over night at his girlfriend's house.
(c) He began reading strange and dangerous material with his girlfriend.
(d) He started cooking and baking for his girlfriend.
14. Did The Fraternity approve of Veronika slapping their leader?
(b) Veronika did not slap their leader.
(c) A little.
15. Why does Veronika stop playing music at the beginning of Chapter 19?
(a) She becomes hungry.
(b) She becomes tired.
(c) She becomes bored.
(d) She becomes sad.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Veronika react to finding out a third person is in the room?
2. How does Veronika feel about Eduard once she finds out he was mentally present when she masturbated?
3. Did Mari's husband help her before she was sent to Villete?
4. Why does Eduard follow Veronika to the entrance of the woman's ward?
5. Why did Eduard always refuse to bring his friends to dinner?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)