|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What date is on the photograph Veronika finds?
2. Why does Veronika feel she needs to reward Eduard?
(a) Because he is a good listener.
(b) Because he did not tell Mari about their sexual encounter.
(c) Because he gave her please and was not repulsed by it.
(d) Because he secretly loves her.
3. Why does Mari not have the patience to explain herself to Veronika?
(a) Because she does not like Veronika and does not want to encourage her.
(b) Because she has better things to do.
(c) Because it does not make sense to explain anything to someone who will not listen.
(d) Because it is pointless to explain to someone who will die soon.
4. Why did Mari lie to Dr. Igor about her condition so she would have to stay in Villete indefinitely?
(a) Because she is afraid of her husband.
(b) Because she has no where else to go.
(c) Because she is bored and wants friends.
(d) Because she is in love with Dr. Igor.
5. What is another word for Vitriol?
6. How old is Eduard in his flashback?
7. Does Veronika agree with the speakers lesson?
(b) A little.
(c) The speaker has no message.
8. Does Veronika feel ashamed for what she does in front of Eduard?
(a) Veronika does nothing in front of Eduard.
(b) A little.
9. Which piece of clothing does Dr. Igor use as an example in his lunatic analogy?
(a) A jacket.
(b) A tie.
(c) A shirt.
(d) A pair of pants.
10. Why does Eduard laugh at Veronika's naked body?
(a) Because she is very attractive and beautiful.
(b) Becuase he is nervous.
(c) Because he does not understand the situation.
(d) Because she is ugly and unattractive.
11. Does Eduard enjoy Veronika's music?
(a) Veronika never plays music.
(b) Only sometimes.
12. How old does Dr. Igor say Veronika could live to be?
13. Why does Veronika stop playing music at the beginning of Chapter 19?
(a) She becomes bored.
(b) She becomes hungry.
(c) She becomes tired.
(d) She becomes sad.
14. What does Dr. Igor think of dreams?
(a) If dreams aren't realized they release energy in the body.
(b) No one truly dreams, it is a figment of the imagination.
(c) Only children dream.
(d) Dreams are the gateway to sin and are therefore bad.
15. When Eduard was young, did he believe in God?
(c) Eduard does not know what religion is.
(d) Only sometimes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who demands that members of The Fraternity go outside Villete each day?
2. Who is the third person in the room with Eduard and Veronika?
3. What happened to Eduard while he was riding to see his girlfriend in his flashback?
4. What happened to Mari's job?
5. What does Mari ask Veronika in Chapter 15?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)