|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Veronika feel about Eduard once she finds out he was mentally present when she masturbated?
(a) Angry and then sad.
(b) Bored and then angry.
(c) Shocked and then proud.
(d) Proud and then sad.
2. Does Eduard understand Veronika's desires?
(a) Veronika has no desires.
3. What happened to Eduard while he was riding to see his girlfriend in his flashback?
(a) He got lost riding.
(b) He lost a wheel.
(c) He crashed.
(d) He was hit by a car.
4. What happened to Mari's job?
(a) She was forced into early retirement.
(b) She was promoted.
(c) She was fired on the spot.
(d) She was let go without anyone saying anything.
5. What does Mari wear while walking in the garden?
(a) A heavy jacket.
(b) A light coat.
(c) A flannel night gown.
(d) A sweater.
6. Why does Eduard laugh at Veronika's naked body?
(a) Because she is ugly and unattractive.
(b) Because he does not understand the situation.
(c) Because she is very attractive and beautiful.
(d) Becuase he is nervous.
7. Why does Veronika want to have sex with Eduard?
(a) Because Eduard looks at her like a woman.
(b) Because she wants to experience the forbidden pleasures of life.
(c) Because she begins to fall in love with him.
(d) Because Zedka told her to.
8. What kind of poison does Dr. Igor suspect Veronika to be suffering from?
9. Why does Mari pity Veronika?
(a) Because Veronika is going to die.
(b) Because Veronika has no family.
(c) Because Veronika will never get Eduard.
(d) Because now Veronika wants to live.
10. Why did Eduard always refuse to bring his friends to dinner?
(a) They were boring and rude people.
(b) They had nothing to talk about.
(c) Eduard had no friends while growing up.
(d) They were not interested in dinner with parents.
11. Why is Mari in Villete?
(b) Bipolar disorder.
(c) Panic attacks.
12. Which two prohibitions does Mari speak of?
(a) Murder and rape.
(b) Rape and sex with children.
(c) Murder and sex with animals.
(d) Rape and sex with animals.
13. Why does Veronika decide to masturbate?
(a) Because she wants to prove she is a woman.
(b) Because she is turned on by Eduard.
(c) Because Dr. Igor told her to.
(d) Because she wants to pass the time.
14. Who does Mari think Veronika should sleep with?
(a) Dr. Igor.
(d) The young doctor.
15. Which character does Chapter 16 focus on?
(c) Dr. Igor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Veronika feel that she experienced the sexual pleasures of a virgin, prostitute, and queen?
2. Why does Mari not have the patience to explain herself to Veronika?
3. Who does Veronika tell Igor he has become like?
4. What did Veronika believe her true vocation to be?
5. Which character believes Villete is easily escaped?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)