|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Eduard was young, did he believe in God?
(c) Eduard does not know what religion is.
(d) Only sometimes.
2. According to Dr. Igor, everyone wants to wake part in what?
(a) A forbidden experience.
(b) An orgy.
(c) A masturbation session.
(d) A bisexual experience.
3. Who does Veronika tell Igor he has become like?
(a) His family.
(b) His patients.
(c) His dog.
(d) His nurses.
4. What happened to Mari's job?
(a) She was let go without anyone saying anything.
(b) She was fired on the spot.
(c) She was forced into early retirement.
(d) She was promoted.
5. What happened to Mari's marriage.
(a) It strengthened.
(b) It remained the same.
(c) It fell apart.
(d) Mari is not married.
6. What did Veronika believe her true vocation to be?
7. Why does Eduard follow Veronika to the entrance of the woman's ward?
(a) He wants her to play more music.
(b) He wants to eat breakfast.
(c) He wants to tell her his secrets.
(d) He wants to have sex with her.
8. Which character does Chapter 16 focus on?
(d) Dr. Igor.
9. What was Mari's former profession?
(c) Stock Broker.
10. Which country did Mari desperately want to help before coming to Villete?
(b) El Salvador.
11. Why does Mari not have the patience to explain herself to Veronika?
(a) Because it is pointless to explain to someone who will die soon.
(b) Because she does not like Veronika and does not want to encourage her.
(c) Because she has better things to do.
(d) Because it does not make sense to explain anything to someone who will not listen.
12. Which piece of clothing does Dr. Igor use as an example in his lunatic analogy?
(a) A jacket.
(b) A pair of pants.
(c) A tie.
(d) A shirt.
13. Why did Eduard always refuse to bring his friends to dinner?
(a) Eduard had no friends while growing up.
(b) They were not interested in dinner with parents.
(c) They had nothing to talk about.
(d) They were boring and rude people.
14. Why does Mari want to warn Eduard?
(a) Because Eduard won't understand Veronika's death.
(b) Because Veronika will fall in love if he does not stay away.
(c) Because Eduard is getting too close.
(d) Because Veronika should be left alone to die.
15. Why did Mari choose to admit herself to Villete even though she didn't need to?
(a) To prove everyone wrong.
(b) To make her children feel better.
(c) To give her husband time to recover.
(d) To feel save and secure.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years of Mari's life were spent working?
2. How many favors does Veronika ask for?
3. Did The Fraternity approve of Veronika slapping their leader?
4. Why does Veronika stop playing music at the beginning of Chapter 19?
5. What is another word for Vitriol?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)