|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Mari's former profession?
(b) Stock Broker.
2. Which country did Mari desperately want to help before coming to Villete?
(a) El Salvador.
3. What style dress do the ladies in the photograph wear?
4. Why does Mari want to warn Eduard?
(a) Because Eduard is getting too close.
(b) Because Veronika will fall in love if he does not stay away.
(c) Because Eduard won't understand Veronika's death.
(d) Because Veronika should be left alone to die.
5. Does Veronika agree with the speakers lesson?
(a) A little.
(c) The speaker has no message.
6. Why did Eduard ask for a bike in his flashback?
(a) He wanted to go with his girlfriend to see the crystals.
(b) He wanted to ride far away from his parents.
(c) He wanted to get a job.
(d) He wanted to lean tricks to impress people with.
7. What happened to Eduard while he was riding to see his girlfriend in his flashback?
(a) He lost a wheel.
(b) He crashed.
(c) He was hit by a car.
(d) He got lost riding.
8. What does Dr. Igor think of dreams?
(a) Only children dream.
(b) No one truly dreams, it is a figment of the imagination.
(c) If dreams aren't realized they release energy in the body.
(d) Dreams are the gateway to sin and are therefore bad.
9. Why does Eduard laugh at Veronika's naked body?
(a) Because she is ugly and unattractive.
(b) Because she is very attractive and beautiful.
(c) Because he does not understand the situation.
(d) Becuase he is nervous.
10. Why did Mari lie to Dr. Igor about her condition so she would have to stay in Villete indefinitely?
(a) Because she is afraid of her husband.
(b) Because she has no where else to go.
(c) Because she is bored and wants friends.
(d) Because she is in love with Dr. Igor.
11. How many favors does Veronika ask for?
12. Why did Eduard always refuse to bring his friends to dinner?
(a) Eduard had no friends while growing up.
(b) They had nothing to talk about.
(c) They were boring and rude people.
(d) They were not interested in dinner with parents.
13. Why does Veronika stop playing music at the beginning of Chapter 19?
(a) She becomes bored.
(b) She becomes sad.
(c) She becomes tired.
(d) She becomes hungry.
14. Why did Mari choose to admit herself to Villete even though she didn't need to?
(a) To prove everyone wrong.
(b) To give her husband time to recover.
(c) To make her children feel better.
(d) To feel save and secure.
15. Which character believes Villete is easily escaped?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the two male nurses drag Eduard from the library?
2. How does Veronika react to finding out a third person is in the room?
3. Which two prohibitions does Mari speak of?
4. Why does Mari tell Veronika to play for Eduard again?
5. Did Eduard's parents support his art aspirations in his flashback?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)