|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old does Dr. Igor say Veronika could live to be?
2. What did Veronika believe her true vocation to be?
3. Why does Veronika decide to masturbate?
(a) Because Dr. Igor told her to.
(b) Because she wants to prove she is a woman.
(c) Because she is turned on by Eduard.
(d) Because she wants to pass the time.
4. Does Veronika agree with the speakers lesson?
(a) A little.
(b) The speaker has no message.
5. Why does Eduard follow Veronika to the entrance of the woman's ward?
(a) He wants to eat breakfast.
(b) He wants to have sex with her.
(c) He wants her to play more music.
(d) He wants to tell her his secrets.
6. What is another word for Vitriol?
7. Which country did Mari desperately want to help before coming to Villete?
(d) El Salvador.
8. Why does Veronika feel that she experienced the sexual pleasures of a virgin, prostitute, and queen?
(a) Because Mari taught her special techniques.
(b) Because she played those roles in her encounter with Eduard.
(c) Because she experienced the fantasies she had always hidden from herself.
(d) Because she dreamed of the different pleasures on her own terms.
9. What happened to Mari's marriage.
(a) It fell apart.
(b) It strengthened.
(c) It remained the same.
(d) Mari is not married.
10. Does Eduard understand Veronika's desires?
(b) Veronika has no desires.
11. Why does Veronika feel she needs to reward Eduard?
(a) Because he did not tell Mari about their sexual encounter.
(b) Because he secretly loves her.
(c) Because he gave her please and was not repulsed by it.
(d) Because he is a good listener.
12. Which two prohibitions does Mari speak of?
(a) Rape and sex with animals.
(b) Murder and rape.
(c) Murder and sex with animals.
(d) Rape and sex with children.
13. Did Mari enter Villete voluntarily?
(c) Possibly, the answer is never given.
(d) Mari never goes to Villete.
14. Who does Veronika not want getting used to her playing music?
(b) The nurses.
(d) Dr. Igor.
15. Does Eduard enjoy Veronika's music?
(b) Only sometimes.
(c) Veronika never plays music.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Eduard react when Veronika begins to get aroused?
2. Why does Mari tell Veronika to play for Eduard again?
3. What does Mari decide to do when she leaves Villete for good?
4. What happened to Mari's job?
5. Why is Veronika surprised when she wakes up in Chapter 14?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)