|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Veronika run into in the refectory?
(a) The Fraternity.
2. Why does Veronika feel she needs to reward Eduard?
(a) Because he is a good listener.
(b) Because he secretly loves her.
(c) Because he did not tell Mari about their sexual encounter.
(d) Because he gave her please and was not repulsed by it.
3. Why does Veronika stop playing music at the beginning of Chapter 19?
(a) She becomes bored.
(b) She becomes sad.
(c) She becomes tired.
(d) She becomes hungry.
4. Why is Mari in Villete?
(b) Panic attacks.
(c) Bipolar disorder.
5. Why did Eduard ask for a bike in his flashback?
(a) He wanted to lean tricks to impress people with.
(b) He wanted to go with his girlfriend to see the crystals.
(c) He wanted to ride far away from his parents.
(d) He wanted to get a job.
6. Does Eduard react when Veronika begins to get aroused?
(a) A little.
(d) Veronika does not become aroused.
7. Who is the third person in the room with Eduard and Veronika?
(c) Dr. Igor.
8. Which character does Chapter 16 focus on?
(a) Dr. Igor.
9. Why does Mari pity Veronika?
(a) Because Veronika is going to die.
(b) Because Veronika has no family.
(c) Because Veronika will never get Eduard.
(d) Because now Veronika wants to live.
10. Does Eduard understand Veronika's desires?
(b) Veronika has no desires.
11. Did Mari's husband help her before she was sent to Villete?
(c) Only sometimes.
(d) Mari is not married.
12. Which two prohibitions does Mari speak of?
(a) Rape and sex with children.
(b) Murder and sex with animals.
(c) Murder and rape.
(d) Rape and sex with animals.
13. Does Eduard understand the pleasure Veronika gets from masturbating in front of him?
(a) Veronika does not masturbate.
(d) A little.
14. When Veronika looks into herself, does she like what she sees?
(b) Veronika does not reflect upon herself.
(c) A little.
15. What happened to Mari's job?
(a) She was promoted.
(b) She was fired on the spot.
(c) She was forced into early retirement.
(d) She was let go without anyone saying anything.
Short Answer Questions
1. What style dress do the ladies in the photograph wear?
2. Why did Eduard always refuse to bring his friends to dinner?
3. What did Veronika believe her true vocation to be?
4. Which type of flower does the speaker tell his listeners to concentrate on?
5. How long does Veronika have left to live in Chapter 20?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)