|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character does Chapter 16 focus on?
(b) Dr. Igor.
2. Why does Veronika feel she needs to reward Eduard?
(a) Because he gave her please and was not repulsed by it.
(b) Because he did not tell Mari about their sexual encounter.
(c) Because he secretly loves her.
(d) Because he is a good listener.
3. Does Veronika agree with the speakers lesson?
(c) A little.
(d) The speaker has no message.
4. What does Mari decide to do when she leaves Villete for good?
(a) Go find her family.
(b) Find a new man.
(c) Live a simple life.
(d) Rent a beach house.
5. Why does Veronika take her clothes off?
(a) She is too warm.
(b) She wants to have sex.
(c) She wants to go swimming.
(d) She is about to take a bath.
6. What does Mari wear while walking in the garden?
(a) A sweater.
(b) A light coat.
(c) A heavy jacket.
(d) A flannel night gown.
7. How many years of Mari's life were spent working?
8. Does Eduard enjoy Veronika's music?
(b) Only sometimes.
(d) Veronika never plays music.
9. Who demands that members of The Fraternity go outside Villete each day?
(a) Dr. Igor.
(c) The Fraternity leader.
10. How long does Veronika have left to live in Chapter 20?
(a) 10 hours.
(b) 24 hours.
(c) 15 hours.
(d) 48 hours.
11. What was Mari's former profession?
(d) Stock Broker.
12. Which two prohibitions does Mari speak of?
(a) Murder and sex with animals.
(b) Murder and rape.
(c) Rape and sex with animals.
(d) Rape and sex with children.
13. Why does Veronika feel that she experienced the sexual pleasures of a virgin, prostitute, and queen?
(a) Because she played those roles in her encounter with Eduard.
(b) Because she experienced the fantasies she had always hidden from herself.
(c) Because she dreamed of the different pleasures on her own terms.
(d) Because Mari taught her special techniques.
14. Why does Eduard laugh at Veronika's naked body?
(a) Because she is very attractive and beautiful.
(b) Because he does not understand the situation.
(c) Becuase he is nervous.
(d) Because she is ugly and unattractive.
15. Why type of school did Eduard go to while growing up?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Eduard follow Veronika to the entrance of the woman's ward?
2. Why did Eduard always refuse to bring his friends to dinner?
3. Why did Eduard ask for a bike in his flashback?
4. Why does Mari believe God set a trap for Adam and Eve?
5. How old does Dr. Igor say Veronika could live to be?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)