|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Eduard understand the pleasure Veronika gets from masturbating in front of him?
(b) Veronika does not masturbate.
(d) A little.
2. What date is on the photograph Veronika finds?
3. Why did Mari choose to admit herself to Villete even though she didn't need to?
(a) To give her husband time to recover.
(b) To feel save and secure.
(c) To make her children feel better.
(d) To prove everyone wrong.
4. What happened to Mari's job?
(a) She was forced into early retirement.
(b) She was fired on the spot.
(c) She was promoted.
(d) She was let go without anyone saying anything.
5. Did Mari's husband help her before she was sent to Villete?
(b) Only sometimes.
(d) Mari is not married.
6. How many years of Mari's life were spent working?
7. Why does Mari tell Veronika to play for Eduard again?
(a) Because he loves her.
(b) Because he wants to sleep.
(c) Because he deserves it.
(d) Because he is bored.
8. What was Mari's former profession?
(d) Stock Broker.
9. Who does Veronika not want getting used to her playing music?
(c) The nurses.
(d) Dr. Igor.
10. Why did Mari lie to Dr. Igor about her condition so she would have to stay in Villete indefinitely?
(a) Because she is bored and wants friends.
(b) Because she is afraid of her husband.
(c) Because she is in love with Dr. Igor.
(d) Because she has no where else to go.
11. What does Mari wear while walking in the garden?
(a) A sweater.
(b) A flannel night gown.
(c) A light coat.
(d) A heavy jacket.
12. What is another word for Vitriol?
13. Which type of flower does the speaker tell his listeners to concentrate on?
(a) A daisy.
(b) A rose.
(c) A carnation.
(d) A daffodil.
14. How does Veronika feel about Eduard once she finds out he was mentally present when she masturbated?
(a) Shocked and then proud.
(b) Proud and then sad.
(c) Bored and then angry.
(d) Angry and then sad.
15. Why type of school did Eduard go to while growing up?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mari pity Veronika?
2. What happened to Mari's marriage.
3. Which character believes Villete is easily escaped?
4. Why is Mari in Villete?
5. Which instrument does the speaker in Chapter 15 play?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)