|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Veronika remember at the end of Chapter 19?
(a) All of her songs.
(b) Memories of her mother.
(c) Her favorite authors.
(d) Routes through the mall.
2. Why did Mari lie to Dr. Igor about her condition so she would have to stay in Villete indefinitely?
(a) Because she has no where else to go.
(b) Because she is bored and wants friends.
(c) Because she is in love with Dr. Igor.
(d) Because she is afraid of her husband.
3. What kind of poison does Dr. Igor suspect Veronika to be suffering from?
4. What does Mari decide to do when she leaves Villete for good?
(a) Rent a beach house.
(b) Go find her family.
(c) Live a simple life.
(d) Find a new man.
5. Why does Veronika feel she needs to reward Eduard?
(a) Because he gave her please and was not repulsed by it.
(b) Because he secretly loves her.
(c) Because he did not tell Mari about their sexual encounter.
(d) Because he is a good listener.
6. What happened to Mari's marriage.
(a) It remained the same.
(b) It strengthened.
(c) It fell apart.
(d) Mari is not married.
7. Who does Mari think Veronika should sleep with?
(b) Dr. Igor.
(d) The young doctor.
8. Who does Veronika not want getting used to her playing music?
(c) Dr. Igor.
(d) The nurses.
9. Does Eduard enjoy Veronika's music?
(b) Only sometimes.
(c) Veronika never plays music.
10. Why does Veronika feel that she experienced the sexual pleasures of a virgin, prostitute, and queen?
(a) Because Mari taught her special techniques.
(b) Because she played those roles in her encounter with Eduard.
(c) Because she dreamed of the different pleasures on her own terms.
(d) Because she experienced the fantasies she had always hidden from herself.
11. Does Eduard understand the pleasure Veronika gets from masturbating in front of him?
(a) A little.
(d) Veronika does not masturbate.
12. Why does Eduard follow Veronika to the entrance of the woman's ward?
(a) He wants to tell her his secrets.
(b) He wants to eat breakfast.
(c) He wants to have sex with her.
(d) He wants her to play more music.
13. How does Veronika feel about Eduard once she finds out he was mentally present when she masturbated?
(a) Shocked and then proud.
(b) Angry and then sad.
(c) Bored and then angry.
(d) Proud and then sad.
14. How does Veronika feel after she has masturbated?
15. Which character believes Villete is easily escaped?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old does Dr. Igor say Veronika could live to be?
2. What was Eduard's favorite type of art?
3. Why does Mari believe God set a trap for Adam and Eve?
4. Does Veronika feel ashamed for what she does in front of Eduard?
5. Does Veronika agree with the speakers lesson?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)