|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are The Fraternity?
(a) A group of nurses.
(b) A group of parents.
(c) A group of inmates.
(d) A group of children.
2. What does Zedka believe is beyond the walls of Villete?
(a) People who understand her.
(b) People who will question her.
(c) People who will love her.
(d) People who drank from the well.
3. Which city does Veronika live in?
4. How old is Veronika?
5. Why does Veronika decide to not leave the asylum alive?
(a) Because she already knows the outcome of her life.
(b) Because she is angry at her parents.
(c) Because she is bored and wants to be dramatic.
(d) Because she is unsure of the future.
6. What does the attending nurse spend most of her time doing?
7. How does Veronika react to the news of her inevitable death?
8. Why does Veronika write a letter?
(a) She is bored and needs something to do.
(b) She wants to let everyone known how great she is.
(c) She is angry with what she reads as she waits for the pills to take effect.
(d) She wants to make her parents feel bad about her deal.
9. Who laughs at Veronika in Chapter 13?
10. What type of disposition does Veronika have?
(a) Active and mean.
(b) Active and obnoxious.
(c) Passive and kind.
(d) Passive and boring.
11. How does Paulo feel about Veronika's suicide note?
(a) He finds it amusing.
(b) He dislikes it.
(c) He is neutral toward it.
(d) He is jealous of her writing.
12. Which of the following does Veronika not believe in?
(b) The Devil.
13. What type of travel does Zedka experience in Chapter 9?
14. Why does Veronika become very angry in Chapter 13?
(a) She sees her mother.
(b) She breaks the piano.
(c) She loses her appetite.
(d) She does not die.
15. Why does the nurse inject Veronika with a sedative?
(a) Veronika tries to yell for help.
(b) Veronika talks back to her.
(c) Veronika gets too agitated.
(d) Veronika tries to bite her tongue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Veronika plan to do if she is unable to procure more sleeping pills?
2. Which name did Paulo Coelho consider switching Veronika's name with?
3. What does Veronika do to the leader of The Fraternity?
4. Why could Zedka never be with her love?
5. How does Veronika feel right before she falls unconscious?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)