|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which perspective does the novel change to at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(b) Alternating person.
2. Who watches over Veronika as she sleeps?
(a) A nurse.
(b) A friend.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A nanny.
3. Who placed a potion in the well in Zedka's story?
(a) A wizard.
(b) A madman.
(c) A witch.
(d) A girl.
4. Who is Eduard's father?
(a) An famous ambassador.
(b) A handome philanthropist.
(c) A rich businessman.
(d) A legendary actor.
5. What year was Paulo first sent into a mental hospital?
6. Which city was Paulo's mental hospital in?
(a) São Paulo.
(b) Rio de Janeiro.
7. Does Zedka know of Veronika's fate?
(c) No one knows of Veronika's fate.
8. What color eyes does the nurse have?
9. Why does Paulo feel he can relate to Veronika?
(a) Because he was once young and foolish too.
(b) Because often people mistake the capital of his country.
(c) Because sometimes he wishes he could die too.
(d) Because people often do not understand him either.
10. Why does Veronika decide to not leave the asylum alive?
(a) Because she is bored and wants to be dramatic.
(b) Because she already knows the outcome of her life.
(c) Because she is unsure of the future.
(d) Because she is angry at her parents.
11. Who thought Solvenia was a town in Germany?
(a) The doctor.
(b) The butler.
(c) The cook.
(d) The receptionist.
12. Where does Veronika live?
(a) With her parents.
(b) With her aunt.
(c) She lives alone.
(d) In a convent.
13. What was Paulo's second promise to himself?
(a) To never get married and never have children.
(b) To never talk about his time in the mental hospital while his parents live.
(c) To never turn back once he flees the country.
(d) To never tells his parents how he felt about them.
14. How does Veronika react when she sees Zedka's treatment?
15. Why does Veronika attempt suicide?
(a) She wants to be famous.
(b) She wanted revenge on her parents.
(c) She is unhappy.
(d) She is bored.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which city does Veronika live in?
2. Who laughs at Veronika in Chapter 13?
3. Is Veronika beautiful?
4. Who submitted Paulo into the mental hospital when he was young?
5. What happens after Veronika's health scare?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)