|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Paulo's first promise to himself?
(a) To never go back to the asylum.
(b) To strike it rich.
(c) To one day tell his story.
(d) To flee the country.
2. Why does the King in the story drink from the well?
(a) To quench his thirst.
(b) To become mad like everyone else.
(c) To set an example for others.
(d) To prove his subjects wrong.
3. What color hair does Veronika's doctor have?
4. What does Zedka invite Veronika to do?
(a) Eat lunch with her.
(b) Watch her treatment.
(c) Go shopping together,
(d) Speak to the Fraternity.
5. Who thought Solvenia was a town in Germany?
(a) The receptionist.
(b) The doctor.
(c) The butler.
(d) The cook.
6. Why is Zedka depressed?
(a) Forgotten Love.
(b) Distant Love.
(c) Lost Love.
(d) Impossible Love.
7. Why does Paulo feel he can relate to Veronika?
(a) Because he was once young and foolish too.
(b) Because people often do not understand him either.
(c) Because often people mistake the capital of his country.
(d) Because sometimes he wishes he could die too.
8. What is wrong with Zedka?
(a) She is bipolar.
(b) She is schizophrenic.
(c) She is chronically depressed.
(d) She has a panic disorder.
9. Why does Veronika write a letter?
(a) She is bored and needs something to do.
(b) She wants to make her parents feel bad about her deal.
(c) She wants to let everyone known how great she is.
(d) She is angry with what she reads as she waits for the pills to take effect.
10. How old is Eduard?
11. How many times was Paulo submitted to a mental hospital?
(a) Three times.
(b) Six times.
(c) Ten times.
(d) Two times.
12. How long has Veronika been living on her own?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Three years.
(d) Six years.
13. Does Zedka love her children?
(a) Zedka does not have children.
(c) Only sometimes.
14. How does Paulo feel about Veronika's suicide note?
(a) He is neutral toward it.
(b) He finds it amusing.
(c) He is jealous of her writing.
(d) He dislikes it.
15. Which instrument does Veronika long to play?
(a) The piano.
(b) The base.
(c) The violin.
(d) The flute.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Veronika refuse to see outside visitors?
2. Where is Paulo Coelho from?
3. What color eyes does the nurse have?
4. How does Veronika feel after interacting with The Fraternity for the first time?
5. Who laughs at Veronika in Chapter 13?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)