|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Paulo's father?
2. Who laughs at Veronika in Chapter 13?
3. What does Veronika ask of Zedka?
4. Where is Paulo Coelho from?
(b) Costa Rica.
5. Why does Veronika become very angry in Chapter 13?
(a) She sees her mother.
(b) She breaks the piano.
(c) She does not die.
(d) She loses her appetite.
6. What happened to Zedka's love?
(a) No one knows.
(b) He moved away.
(c) He died.
(d) He changed identities.
7. How long has Veronika been living on her own?
(a) Three years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Six years.
8. Who is Mari?
(a) Zedka's sister.
(b) A doctor in training.
(c) The head nurse.
(d) A member of The Fraternity.
9. Who are The Fraternity?
(a) A group of nurses.
(b) A group of parents.
(c) A group of children.
(d) A group of inmates.
10. How does Veronika feel after interacting with The Fraternity for the first time?
11. What does Zedka believe is beyond the walls of Villete?
(a) People who understand her.
(b) People who drank from the well.
(c) People who will question her.
(d) People who will love her.
12. How long does Veronika have to live?
(a) About a year.
(b) About a week.
(c) About three days.
(d) About a month.
13. What happens after Veronika's health scare?
(a) She is led to her mother.
(b) She is fed soft foods.
(c) She is injected with a sedative.
(d) She is let outside into the garden.
14. How does Veronika react to the news of her inevitable death?
15. What does Veronika read while she waits for the pills to take effect?
(a) A television screen.
(b) A book.
(c) A pamphlet.
(d) A magazine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Zedka know of Veronika's fate?
2. Why does Paulo's father live off of frozen food?
3. Which perspective does the novel change to at the beginning of Chapter 3?
4. Which of the following does Veronika not believe in?
5. According to Dr. Igor, where should one make love?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)