|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Paulo's first promise to himself?
(a) To one day tell his story.
(b) To never go back to the asylum.
(c) To strike it rich.
(d) To flee the country.
2. How old is Eduard?
3. What was Paulo's second promise to himself?
(a) To never turn back once he flees the country.
(b) To never tells his parents how he felt about them.
(c) To never get married and never have children.
(d) To never talk about his time in the mental hospital while his parents live.
4. How long has Veronika been living on her own?
(a) Six years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Ten years.
5. How does the nurse react to finding Veronika and Zedka talking?
6. How old is Veronika?
7. Where is Paulo Coelho from?
(d) Costa Rica.
8. Who is Zedka?
(a) A doctor's assistant.
(b) A long lost friend.
(c) A resident at the asylum.
(d) A nurse.
9. Does Zedka know of Veronika's fate?
(c) No one knows of Veronika's fate.
10. Who does the attending nurse say Veronika reminds her of?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Her daughter.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her mother.
11. Why is Zedka depressed?
(a) Distant Love.
(b) Lost Love.
(c) Forgotten Love.
(d) Impossible Love.
12. Why could Zedka never be with her love?
(a) He was in love with someone else.
(b) He was married.
(c) He was not interested in her.
(d) He did not know who Zedka was.
13. Who does Veronika see pass by her window?
(a) A cute dog.
(b) A handsome man.
(c) A young girl.
(d) An old woman.
14. According to Dr. Igor, making love in inappropriate places breeds what?
15. Which name did Paulo Coelho consider switching Veronika's name with?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to visit Veronika in Chapter 12?
2. Why does Veronika write a letter?
3. Who thought Solvenia was a town in Germany?
4. Who is attracted to Veronika's music?
5. What does Veronika read while she waits for the pills to take effect?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)