|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who thought Solvenia was a town in Germany?
(a) The receptionist.
(b) The cook.
(c) The doctor.
(d) The butler.
2. Is Veronika beautiful?
(a) She is niether beautiful nor ugly.
(b) No, very ugly.
(c) A little bit beautiful.
(d) Yes, very beautiful.
3. What is wrong with Eduard?
(a) He is forgetful.
(b) He is schizophrenic.
(c) He is depressed.
(d) He is suicidal.
4. How does the nurse react to finding Veronika and Zedka talking?
5. Who is Paulo Coelho?
(a) A famous painter.
(b) A famous human rights activist.
(c) A famous surgeon.
(d) A famous writer.
6. Why does Veronika write a letter?
(a) She is angry with what she reads as she waits for the pills to take effect.
(b) She wants to let everyone known how great she is.
(c) She is bored and needs something to do.
(d) She wants to make her parents feel bad about her deal.
7. Did Zedka's husband ever find out about her secret love?
(c) Zedka never had a secret love.
8. What is wrong with Veronika?
(a) Nothing is wrong with Veronika.
(b) Her liver will stop functioning soon.
(c) Her brain will stop functioning soon.
(d) Her heart will stop beating soon.
9. What happened to Zedka's love?
(a) He moved away.
(b) He died.
(c) He changed identities.
(d) No one knows.
10. Where does Veronika live?
(a) In a convent.
(b) With her parents.
(c) She lives alone.
(d) With her aunt.
11. What does Veronika plan to do if she is unable to procure more sleeping pills?
(a) Jump off a tall building.
(b) Slit her wrists.
(c) Refuse to eat.
(d) Hang herself.
12. Does Zedka know of Veronika's fate?
(b) No one knows of Veronika's fate.
13. Where is Paulo Coelho from?
(c) Costa Rica.
14. How many times was Paulo submitted to a mental hospital?
(a) Six times.
(b) Three times.
(c) Ten times.
(d) Two times.
15. What is wrong with Zedka?
(a) She is schizophrenic.
(b) She is bipolar.
(c) She has a panic disorder.
(d) She is chronically depressed.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Veronika?
2. Why does Veronika decide to not leave the asylum alive?
3. What is Villete?
4. Why does Veronika attempt suicide?
5. What does Veronika read while she waits for the pills to take effect?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)