|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Zedka woken up from her treatment?
(a) She is shaken violently.
(b) She is injected with glucose.
(c) She is played music.
(d) She is submerged in water.
2. Which instrument does Veronika long to play?
(a) The base.
(b) The flute.
(c) The violin.
(d) The piano.
3. Which feeling does Veronika experience the most in Chapter 11?
4. How long has Veronika been living on her own?
(a) Five years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Six years.
5. Which name did Paulo Coelho consider switching Veronika's name with?
6. What does Veronika plan to do if she is unable to procure more sleeping pills?
(a) Slit her wrists.
(b) Jump off a tall building.
(c) Refuse to eat.
(d) Hang herself.
7. Does Zedka know of Veronika's fate?
(b) No one knows of Veronika's fate.
8. Where is Paulo Coelho from?
(a) Costa Rica.
9. What does Veronika do to the leader of The Fraternity?
(a) She kisses him.
(b) She slaps him.
(c) She tickles him.
(d) She punches him.
10. Is Veronika beautiful?
(a) Yes, very beautiful.
(b) No, very ugly.
(c) She is niether beautiful nor ugly.
(d) A little bit beautiful.
11. Who watches over Veronika as she sleeps?
(a) A friend.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A nurse.
(d) A nanny.
12. According to Statistics Canada, what percentage of Canadians ages 15 to 34 have a mental illness?
13. Who is Eduard's father?
(a) An famous ambassador.
(b) A rich businessman.
(c) A handome philanthropist.
(d) A legendary actor.
14. Who is Mari?
(a) Zedka's sister.
(b) The head nurse.
(c) A member of The Fraternity.
(d) A doctor in training.
15. What year was Paulo first sent into a mental hospital?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Veronika feel right before she falls unconscious?
2. Who comes to visit Veronika in Chapter 12?
3. Which of the following does Veronika not believe in?
4. What happens after Veronika's health scare?
5. Who laughs at Veronika in Chapter 13?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)