Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Veronika become very angry in Chapter 13?
(a) She loses her appetite.
(b) She does not die.
(c) She sees her mother.
(d) She breaks the piano.
2. What was the name of Paulo's doctor when he was at the mental hospital?
(a) Dr. Vincent Baxter.
(b) Dr. Eras Maximus.
(c) Dr. Logan Brooks.
(d) Dr. Eiras Sanatorium.
3. Which country does Veronika live in?
4. Who laughs at Veronika in Chapter 13?
5. Why could Zedka never be with her love?
(a) He was not interested in her.
(b) He was in love with someone else.
(c) He was married.
(d) He did not know who Zedka was.
6. Did Zedka's husband ever find out about her secret love?
(a) Zedka never had a secret love.
7. According to Statistics Canada, what percentage of Canadians ages 15 to 34 have a mental illness?
8. Who comes to visit Veronika in Chapter 12?
(a) Her friend.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her sister.
9. Where is Paulo Coelho from?
(c) Costa Rica.
10. How old is Eduard?
11. Why does Veronika decide to not leave the asylum alive?
(a) Because she is angry at her parents.
(b) Because she already knows the outcome of her life.
(c) Because she is bored and wants to be dramatic.
(d) Because she is unsure of the future.
12. What color hair does Veronika's doctor have?
13. How is Zedka woken up from her treatment?
(a) She is shaken violently.
(b) She is submerged in water.
(c) She is injected with glucose.
(d) She is played music.
14. According to Dr. Igor, making love in inappropriate places breeds what?
15. Why is Veronika unable to remember much?
(a) Veronika does not sustain any memory loss.
(b) Brain damage from the sleeping pills.
(c) Tranquilizers dull memory.
(d) Hit her head.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Veronika been living on her own?
2. Who does the attending nurse say Veronika reminds her of?
3. What type of disposition does Veronika have?
4. How long does Veronika have to live?
5. Which of the following does Veronika not believe in?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)