|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Zedka's love?
(a) He died.
(b) He changed identities.
(c) He moved away.
(d) No one knows.
2. How does Veronika react to the news of her inevitable death?
3. What type of disposition does Veronika have?
(a) Active and obnoxious.
(b) Active and mean.
(c) Passive and boring.
(d) Passive and kind.
4. Who is attracted to Veronika's music?
(d) Dr. Igor.
5. Is Veronika beautiful?
(a) She is niether beautiful nor ugly.
(b) Yes, very beautiful.
(c) No, very ugly.
(d) A little bit beautiful.
6. Why is Zedka depressed?
(a) Impossible Love.
(b) Lost Love.
(c) Distant Love.
(d) Forgotten Love.
7. Why could Zedka never be with her love?
(a) He was not interested in her.
(b) He was in love with someone else.
(c) He was married.
(d) He did not know who Zedka was.
8. Which city was Paulo's mental hospital in?
(c) Rio de Janeiro.
(d) São Paulo.
9. What does Zedka believe is beyond the walls of Villete?
(a) People who will question her.
(b) People who will love her.
(c) People who drank from the well.
(d) People who understand her.
10. Why is Veronika unable to remember much?
(a) Brain damage from the sleeping pills.
(b) Veronika does not sustain any memory loss.
(c) Tranquilizers dull memory.
(d) Hit her head.
11. Why was Paulo sent to the mental hospital when he was young?
(a) He wanted to be an artist.
(b) He spoke to himself.
(c) He killed small animals.
(d) He wanted to be a chef.
12. How many times was Paulo submitted to a mental hospital?
(a) Ten times.
(b) Six times.
(c) Two times.
(d) Three times.
13. How does Veronika feel right before she falls unconscious?
14. Who are The Fraternity?
(a) A group of children.
(b) A group of parents.
(c) A group of nurses.
(d) A group of inmates.
15. Why does Veronika refuse to see outside visitors?
(a) She is too busy playing music.
(b) She hates goodbyes.
(c) She is selfish.
(d) She is afraid she will not want to die.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year was Paulo first sent into a mental hospital?
2. What type of travel does Zedka experience in Chapter 9?
3. Why does the nurse inject Veronika with a sedative?
4. Which city does Veronika live in?
5. What does Veronika plan to do if she is unable to procure more sleeping pills?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)