|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which name did Paulo Coelho consider switching Veronika's name with?
2. What happens after Veronika's health scare?
(a) She is injected with a sedative.
(b) She is fed soft foods.
(c) She is let outside into the garden.
(d) She is led to her mother.
3. What was Paulo's second promise to himself?
(a) To never tells his parents how he felt about them.
(b) To never get married and never have children.
(c) To never turn back once he flees the country.
(d) To never talk about his time in the mental hospital while his parents live.
4. What bad thing happens to Veronika in Chapter 13?
(a) She chokes on food.
(b) She faints.
(c) She has a heart attack.
(d) She is poisoned.
5. What color hair does Veronika's doctor have?
6. Who comes to visit Veronika in Chapter 12?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her friend.
7. Where does Veronika live?
(a) In a convent.
(b) With her aunt.
(c) She lives alone.
(d) With her parents.
8. Is Veronika beautiful?
(a) Yes, very beautiful.
(b) A little bit beautiful.
(c) No, very ugly.
(d) She is niether beautiful nor ugly.
9. Did Zedka's husband ever find out about her secret love?
(d) Zedka never had a secret love.
10. According to Dr. Igor, where should one make love?
(a) In the bathroom.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) In the bedoom.
(d) In the basement.
11. What happens when Veronika attempts to talk to The Fraternity?
(a) They ignore her.
(b) They hit her.
(c) They tell on her.
(d) They tease her.
12. What is wrong with Paulo's father?
(a) He has diabetes.
(b) He has emphysema.
(c) He has ulcers.
(d) He has cancer.
13. Why was Paulo sent to the mental hospital when he was young?
(a) He wanted to be a chef.
(b) He killed small animals.
(c) He spoke to himself.
(d) He wanted to be an artist.
14. Which city was Paulo's mental hospital in?
(c) Rio de Janeiro.
(d) São Paulo.
15. Why does Paulo's father live off of frozen food?
(a) He is cheap.
(b) He can't keep a housekeeper.
(c) He likes frozen food.
(d) He doesn't like to cook.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character was drafted into the army?
2. What type of disposition does Veronika have?
3. How does Veronika feel after interacting with The Fraternity for the first time?
4. Where is Paulo Coelho from?
5. Who does the attending nurse say Veronika reminds her of?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)