|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Is Veronika beautiful?
(a) A little bit beautiful.
(b) Yes, very beautiful.
(c) She is niether beautiful nor ugly.
(d) No, very ugly.
2. Why does Veronika write a letter?
(a) She wants to make her parents feel bad about her deal.
(b) She wants to let everyone known how great she is.
(c) She is angry with what she reads as she waits for the pills to take effect.
(d) She is bored and needs something to do.
3. Did Zedka's husband ever find out about her secret love?
(d) Zedka never had a secret love.
4. What does Veronika read while she waits for the pills to take effect?
(a) A television screen.
(b) A pamphlet.
(c) A magazine.
(d) A book.
5. Does Zedka agree to help Veronika?
(d) Veronika does not ask for Zedka's help.
6. How does Veronika react to the news of her inevitable death?
7. Who submitted Paulo into the mental hospital when he was young?
(a) His sister.
(b) His parents.
(c) His aunt.
(d) His babysitter.
8. What does Veronika do to the leader of The Fraternity?
(a) She kisses him.
(b) She slaps him.
(c) She tickles him.
(d) She punches him.
9. Who thought Solvenia was a town in Germany?
(a) The doctor.
(b) The cook.
(c) The butler.
(d) The receptionist.
10. Does Zedka love her children?
(c) Zedka does not have children.
(d) Only sometimes.
11. What was the name of Paulo's doctor when he was at the mental hospital?
(a) Dr. Logan Brooks.
(b) Dr. Eiras Sanatorium.
(c) Dr. Eras Maximus.
(d) Dr. Vincent Baxter.
12. Why does Paulo's father live off of frozen food?
(a) He is cheap.
(b) He likes frozen food.
(c) He doesn't like to cook.
(d) He can't keep a housekeeper.
13. What happens after Veronika's health scare?
(a) She is led to her mother.
(b) She is fed soft foods.
(c) She is let outside into the garden.
(d) She is injected with a sedative.
14. What happens to Zedka in Chapter 8?
(a) She is put through shock treatment.
(b) She is gassed.
(c) She is induced into an insulin coma.
(d) She is fed special food.
15. Which instrument does Veronika long to play?
(a) The violin.
(b) The flute.
(c) The base.
(d) The piano.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Paulo's second promise to himself?
2. Who is Mari?
3. Who is Zedka?
4. Which country does Veronika live in?
5. How old is Paulo's father?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)