|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Veronika feel right before she falls unconscious?
2. How does Veronika react when she sees Zedka's treatment?
3. How does Paulo feel about Veronika's suicide note?
(a) He finds it amusing.
(b) He dislikes it.
(c) He is neutral toward it.
(d) He is jealous of her writing.
4. Does Zedka agree to help Veronika?
(c) Veronika does not ask for Zedka's help.
5. What is wrong with Paulo's father?
(a) He has emphysema.
(b) He has cancer.
(c) He has diabetes.
(d) He has ulcers.
6. According to Dr. Igor, making love in inappropriate places breeds what?
7. Which character was drafted into the army?
(a) Zedka's father.
(b) Zedka's brother.
(c) Zedka's uncle.
(d) Zedka's husband.
8. Why does Veronika write a letter?
(a) She wants to let everyone known how great she is.
(b) She is angry with what she reads as she waits for the pills to take effect.
(c) She wants to make her parents feel bad about her deal.
(d) She is bored and needs something to do.
9. What bad thing happens to Veronika in Chapter 13?
(a) She is poisoned.
(b) She faints.
(c) She chokes on food.
(d) She has a heart attack.
10. What color eyes does the nurse have?
11. Which character is the focus in Chapter 9?
12. How is Zedka woken up from her treatment?
(a) She is injected with glucose.
(b) She is played music.
(c) She is shaken violently.
(d) She is submerged in water.
13. Who thought Solvenia was a town in Germany?
(a) The doctor.
(b) The cook.
(c) The butler.
(d) The receptionist.
14. What year was Paulo first sent into a mental hospital?
15. Who is Paulo Coelho?
(a) A famous painter.
(b) A famous human rights activist.
(c) A famous writer.
(d) A famous surgeon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which city was Paulo's mental hospital in?
2. What does the attending nurse spend most of her time doing?
3. Why was Paulo sent to the mental hospital when he was young?
4. How long does Veronika have to live?
5. Why could Zedka never be with her love?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)