|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year was Paulo first sent into a mental hospital?
2. How long does Veronika have to live?
(a) About a year.
(b) About three days.
(c) About a month.
(d) About a week.
3. Who is Paulo Coelho?
(a) A famous human rights activist.
(b) A famous writer.
(c) A famous painter.
(d) A famous surgeon.
4. How old is Paulo's father?
5. According to Dr. Igor, where should one make love?
(a) In the basement.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) In the bedoom.
(d) In the bathroom.
6. How old is Veronika?
7. Where does Veronika go after her fist encounter with The Fraternity?
(a) The bathroom.
(b) The garden.
(c) The laundry room.
(d) The kitchen.
8. Why does the nurse inject Veronika with a sedative?
(a) Veronika tries to bite her tongue.
(b) Veronika tries to yell for help.
(c) Veronika talks back to her.
(d) Veronika gets too agitated.
9. How long has Villete been in existence?
(a) Six years.
(b) Fifteen years.
(c) Three years.
(d) Ten years.
10. What is wrong with Veronika?
(a) Nothing is wrong with Veronika.
(b) Her heart will stop beating soon.
(c) Her liver will stop functioning soon.
(d) Her brain will stop functioning soon.
11. Does Zedka know of Veronika's fate?
(c) No one knows of Veronika's fate.
12. How does the nurse react to finding Veronika and Zedka talking?
13. Does Zedka love her children?
(b) Only sometimes.
(c) Zedka does not have children.
14. What is wrong with Eduard?
(a) He is depressed.
(b) He is suicidal.
(c) He is forgetful.
(d) He is schizophrenic.
15. Why could Zedka never be with her love?
(a) He was married.
(b) He was in love with someone else.
(c) He did not know who Zedka was.
(d) He was not interested in her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which city does Veronika live in?
2. Which character was drafted into the army?
3. Where does Veronika live?
4. What was the name of Paulo's doctor when he was at the mental hospital?
5. What happens after Veronika's health scare?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)