|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who laughs at Veronika in Chapter 13?
2. How old is Eduard?
3. Which feeling does Veronika experience the most in Chapter 11?
4. Who comes to visit Veronika in Chapter 12?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her friend.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her sister.
5. Why was Paulo sent to the mental hospital when he was young?
(a) He killed small animals.
(b) He wanted to be an artist.
(c) He spoke to himself.
(d) He wanted to be a chef.
6. Why does the nurse inject Veronika with a sedative?
(a) Veronika gets too agitated.
(b) Veronika tries to bite her tongue.
(c) Veronika tries to yell for help.
(d) Veronika talks back to her.
7. Who does Veronika see pass by her window?
(a) An old woman.
(b) A handsome man.
(c) A cute dog.
(d) A young girl.
8. Why does Veronika decide to not leave the asylum alive?
(a) Because she is angry at her parents.
(b) Because she is bored and wants to be dramatic.
(c) Because she is unsure of the future.
(d) Because she already knows the outcome of her life.
9. What does Veronika do to the leader of The Fraternity?
(a) She slaps him.
(b) She punches him.
(c) She tickles him.
(d) She kisses him.
10. Why does Paulo's father live off of frozen food?
(a) He can't keep a housekeeper.
(b) He doesn't like to cook.
(c) He likes frozen food.
(d) He is cheap.
11. Which of the following does Veronika not believe in?
(a) The Devil.
12. Who is Eduard's father?
(a) A handome philanthropist.
(b) An famous ambassador.
(c) A legendary actor.
(d) A rich businessman.
13. Why does the King in the story drink from the well?
(a) To become mad like everyone else.
(b) To set an example for others.
(c) To prove his subjects wrong.
(d) To quench his thirst.
14. What type of disposition does Veronika have?
(a) Active and mean.
(b) Passive and kind.
(c) Passive and boring.
(d) Active and obnoxious.
15. What happens to Zedka in Chapter 8?
(a) She is gassed.
(b) She is put through shock treatment.
(c) She is fed special food.
(d) She is induced into an insulin coma.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Paulo's father?
2. Why does Veronika attempt suicide?
3. What is wrong with Zedka?
4. What bad thing happens to Veronika in Chapter 13?
5. Why is Zedka depressed?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)