|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zedka believe is beyond the walls of Villete?
(a) People who drank from the well.
(b) People who will question her.
(c) People who understand her.
(d) People who will love her.
2. Which character was drafted into the army?
(a) Zedka's uncle.
(b) Zedka's father.
(c) Zedka's husband.
(d) Zedka's brother.
3. Who are The Fraternity?
(a) A group of nurses.
(b) A group of inmates.
(c) A group of children.
(d) A group of parents.
4. Who placed a potion in the well in Zedka's story?
(a) A wizard.
(b) A girl.
(c) A witch.
(d) A madman.
5. How many times was Paulo submitted to a mental hospital?
(a) Two times.
(b) Six times.
(c) Three times.
(d) Ten times.
6. What type of travel does Zedka experience in Chapter 9?
7. What does Veronika ask of Zedka?
8. What bad thing happens to Veronika in Chapter 13?
(a) She has a heart attack.
(b) She chokes on food.
(c) She is poisoned.
(d) She faints.
9. Does Veronika think of herself as crazy?
(b) Only sometimes.
(d) A little.
10. Who comes to visit Veronika in Chapter 12?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her friend.
11. How is Zedka woken up from her treatment?
(a) She is played music.
(b) She is shaken violently.
(c) She is injected with glucose.
(d) She is submerged in water.
12. Why was Paulo sent to the mental hospital when he was young?
(a) He killed small animals.
(b) He wanted to be an artist.
(c) He spoke to himself.
(d) He wanted to be a chef.
13. Which city does Veronika live in?
14. According to Dr. Igor, where should one make love?
(a) In the basement.
(b) In the bedoom.
(c) In the bathroom.
(d) In the kitchen.
15. Why does Veronika refuse to see outside visitors?
(a) She is too busy playing music.
(b) She is selfish.
(c) She is afraid she will not want to die.
(d) She hates goodbyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Veronika attempts to talk to The Fraternity?
2. Why does Paulo's father live off of frozen food?
3. According to Statistics Canada, what percentage of Canadians ages 15 to 34 have a mental illness?
4. What does Zedka invite Veronika to do?
5. Does Zedka agree to help Veronika?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)