|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Zedka in Chapter 8?
(a) She is put through shock treatment.
(b) She is induced into an insulin coma.
(c) She is gassed.
(d) She is fed special food.
2. Does Zedka know of Veronika's fate?
(c) No one knows of Veronika's fate.
3. Which character was drafted into the army?
(a) Zedka's father.
(b) Zedka's brother.
(c) Zedka's uncle.
(d) Zedka's husband.
4. Who does the attending nurse say Veronika reminds her of?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her daughter.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her aunt.
5. Where does Veronika live?
(a) She lives alone.
(b) With her aunt.
(c) With her parents.
(d) In a convent.
6. Which feeling does Veronika experience the most in Chapter 11?
7. What is wrong with Zedka?
(a) She has a panic disorder.
(b) She is chronically depressed.
(c) She is schizophrenic.
(d) She is bipolar.
8. What was Paulo's first promise to himself?
(a) To flee the country.
(b) To one day tell his story.
(c) To strike it rich.
(d) To never go back to the asylum.
9. Which perspective does the novel change to at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) Alternating person.
10. Does Zedka agree to help Veronika?
(b) Veronika does not ask for Zedka's help.
11. What happens after Veronika's health scare?
(a) She is fed soft foods.
(b) She is let outside into the garden.
(c) She is injected with a sedative.
(d) She is led to her mother.
12. Which country does Veronika live in?
13. Does Zedka love her children?
(a) Only sometimes.
(d) Zedka does not have children.
14. Which city does Veronika live in?
15. What is Villete?
(a) A safe house.
(b) A church.
(c) An insane asylum.
(d) A school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Veronika read while she waits for the pills to take effect?
2. What color eyes does the nurse have?
3. Who does Veronika see pass by her window?
4. Why does Veronika decide to not leave the asylum alive?
5. Does Veronika think of herself as crazy?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)